Ren'Py - Completed - Braveheart Academy [v2.1] [Chrys]

1. 5.00 star(s)

DiPeppo

Nice game to play! The stories are pretty well-written, and I appreciate the endings for each girl too. I guess that the "true" endings are only with Rika and Raven, since you will be able to have a family with kids with these 2 routes - not that I complain though.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1005121

Plain dating sim with okay renders.
    All sex scenes are animated nicely and there are some fetishes.
    Easy mode option and ability to siabel puzzles is great.
    A bit too plain, cut and dry for my tastest.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Antosha

A fun, funny, well-thought-through dating sim with some VN elements. The girls are delightful, but also multidimensional. Though they're all Honey Select models, they're visually completely distinct -- different sizes, shapes, coloration, etc. (My favorite was green-haired Blake, who's just ridiculously cute, but also sensitive -- and can be played either as cis-female or as a trap/trans female character if that's your preference.) There are lots of fun side plots, including a dating app for hooking up with other characters (and occasionally the main girls as well). The MC is a fun goof -- neither a wannabe alpha nor a complete loser, you can see why these very different girls would actually find him interesting. His sense of humor is... dad-joke-y, but that's very much acknowledged in the story.

The minor downside here is that there's a certain amount of grind. There's a minigame that I really didn't enjoy -- but the dev made it optional, so I turned it off. You spend a lot of time clicking around the map, looking for the next encounter. (Oh, and do watch the calendar -- there are special events that require you to have certain affection levels or to have scene particular scenes with particular girls.) The progression for each girl's romance involves memorizing facts about each of them (height, favorite food, etc.) and regurgitating those at the appropriate moment. It ends up feeling a bit mechanical. (I know -- a computer program that doesn't perfectly model actual human behavior! Turing's rolling in his grave.) The thing is, I played for the harem ending, and the similarities in game play was noticeable between the girls.

Still, the girls themselves are attractive and interesting, the relationship with each girl develops in interesting, occasionally surprising ways, they're all adorable, and, yeah, the sex is good and varied.

I'd give this 4.5 if I could.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Saberganes

Hands down the best looking game I've ever played. The story is a nice touch, all characters are different in their own way and not much grinding, but the animations, the character design, the quality of scenes are definitely one of the best out there. Couldn't stop playing for couple of days. 10/10
  5. 4.00 star(s)

abconline

It's ok. Nice girls, nice h-scenes. There's no real story here, more like separate progression for each girls. I think they overpromised on what this game is. It's really is not different from the other games of this type where you basically wait, interact, wait some more. It's have a nice notification system so when and where to find people is never frustrating. The small (avoidable) ntr portion at the end is out of left field and not substantially developed.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Sole

Despite the fact that this review is mostly just me pointing out issues why/how bad certain aspects of the game are it's actually pretty good content(writing/stories) wise if you don't mind bad gameplay that can be bypassed anyway via the options menu(turn off puzzles) and some cheating(edit money to just ignore that system altogether and charm/fortune to eliminate the rng) and are just looking for some decent short stories I honestly do recommend this game. Just keep in mind that short stories are all that's there, they're good but then the game just suddenly ends bringing you to a menu where you can select any ending you've unlocked by progressing with the required girl enough.(Note: the choice at the start just sets the green haired girl to either a normal girl or a trap, you don't miss out on any content by not wanting to see male on male content.)

The few gameplay mechanics that are in the game were a bad idea
    -The puzzle's just feel intrusive and out of place, can be disabled in options
    -The rng based encounter rates are intrusive, unnecessary, and add nothing
    -The money management is just not a fun mechanic it's unnecessary and you can't really control it

The inclusion of a simple map that you can't really get lost in, with exclamation marks telling you if there's something that can be found or not in the different segments felt like a decent idea for added immersion, when finding and interacting with the girls, I really appreciated that.

The girls' stories are entirely linear and entirely unrelated to one another no amount of progression in any girl influences another so rng based splits in the narratives just flat out spoil moments at times. The ONLY exceptions to the "progression doesn't matter" thing are a single choice within Sofia's route where you get an extra option if you've maxed out Raven's affection and a timed event towards the end where the girls perform better in a sports event based on how much affection they have towards you because power of love or something, if you've maxed both Sofia and Raven you get to choose the winner when they compete. (Disclaimer: obviously progression also matters for the endings)

Lastly the endings are sudden and mostly boring/unsatisfying, aside from the two harem endings, you time skip well into the characters' future and just catch a couple of seconds of their lives where they behave as if they just graduated a few days ago and a cheezy feel good "life lesson/moral of the story" message plays. Out of all the normal route endings the only one that had something memorable was Raven she actually had some character progression going from mellow sad/loner girl to mellow happy/affectionate mom.

You might be wondering so most of the normal endings aren't great but you mentioned "two" harem endings what about those? Unfortunately the dev wanted this game's totally forgettable cheezy little messages that they've attached to end of all main routes to be the most memorable aspect of the endings so the main harem ending is just a realistic if you take the character's personalities into account scenario of what if the girls find out that you've been sleeping with all of them, well they all love you so although a bit upset they're somewhat okay with it but only if you prove you can satisfy all of them, so an orgy breaks out and that's it(it's implied that obviously the mc can but you don't get to see), the dev lectures you on how they didn't want you to pick the harem ending so that's all you get go pick the regular endings now, and for the other harem ending the two girl harem which is really just an alternate Raven ending where you get with her and one of her friends the three of you decide you all like sex a lot so let's be in a relationship you have sex and that's it, then you get the same lecture as in the other harem ending and it's over.

Edit: the shaders are weird in the endings that take place in the future, they make the characters look deathly pale which makes the characters look much older than they are, in particular the mc, he at times looks so excessively old/fragile/unhealthy that he could keel over from just old age at any moment, the only character unaffected by the shader at all times is Sofia who thanks to her already super white skin tone doesn't really look much paler during her ending.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Redyqar

Good kinetic novel but not great game.
    Models are cute, animations are nice and there is good variety of scenes. And high score is definitely deserved for the most part. People are correct when they praise this game, but it also has a weak part.
    And this weak part is gameplay. There is nothing wrong with being a visual novel. Problem here is sandbox elements, they kinda make you think this game is deeper (gameplay wise) than it actually is. Sandbox here just allows you to pick which path to go first. Pick a girl go through her scenes, pick next girl. It can be somewhat boring.
    Basically it is good VN but don't except it to be good management/sandbox.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

felicemastronzo

Braveheart Academy [v2.1]

really funny without being completely nonsensical, lots of enjoyable sex, but also lots of purely "kawai" scenes (which i like), not all the girls are equally interesting, but still respond to different tastes.

amazing for naughtiness the NTR ending, while the other endings have quite disappointed me, a bit too simple and similar between them

Very simple game but offers a tasty entertainment
  9. 5.00 star(s)

cyoeezbqw

TLDR - great overall package, safe option for almost everybody.

pros:
    - wonderful and diverse cast
    - great variaty of events
    - nice production quality
    - satisfying length

cons:
    - somewhat excessive storywriting
  10. 5.00 star(s)

EasyMuthaFuckinE

V 2.1
    One of the best games i have ever played. The characters were made so beautifully. Story wise the dialogues were well written, a little cheesy but fine. But really the girls were pretty well made and the scenes were good too. Enjoyed it quite a lot. Just hoped it would have had more content. But worth playing it from start to end. Thanks for this wonderful game Dev. Good luck with your Ongoing Project too.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Golden Idiot

Version: v2.1

I have greatly enjoyed this dating sim game, the most impressive part to me were the girls, each was their own person with unique backstory, interaction and way of living. The story for each branch wasnt bogged down with words, it was neither too short of too long, so i never got tired of interacting with any of the girls.
    The second most stand out part for me was the visuals, damn did they get it right with the renders, the facial expressions and the outfits, a really beautiful looking game. And if that wasnt enough, the animation is also superb, it was smooth as the curves of the girls and i send my appreciation to the devs.

Amazing game with amazing girls, give it a go.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

Bugbear32

I wish all of the games on this site had characters as varied as this one. Each love interest actually feels like a different character instead of just being 15 different versions of the developer's dream girl with different hair colors. The only downside is that it's pretty short.
  13. 4.00 star(s)

tmathis

Excellent entry into the genre - somewhat refreshing models/art design I'd say. Lots of variety, decent pacing. Quite happy overall with the whole thing. I'm generally not a huge fan of the whole school setting but this didn't play too much of an excessive role in things.

Easy 4 out of 5, maybe even a touch better.
  14. 4.00 star(s)

Ive-11

welp
    5/5 for the render n animations
    4/5 for the story cuz i think it create by rushing thats cuz this game was got abandoned tag
    3/5 for the ui or buttom or whtever it calls cuz i cant even exit on the meetn yeet app
    well thats all i can gave out
  15. 5.00 star(s)

ThePlagueMan

Great game, spent a single 13 hour session just jacking it to this and cumming atleast like 7 times. Fully erect throughout. Yes I was playing the game on the normal mode, got all the max hearts endings aswell as the NTR ending. Great game, anyone with the time should check this game out
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Askwad

Let's start with the game's strenghts:

The animations and renders are absolute top class, the models look absolutely gorgeous and sets a standard that not many games can achieve.

The characters are all varied and unique with enough nuance to them to make them more than shallow npcs. They can have captivating stories but none gripped me too much, in summarization; the character storylines are all good but never great.

Dialogue between the girls and MC are often witty and humorous, sometimes bordering on silly but never childlike. MC is bascially this semi-aloof persona who approaches everything with being silly or instinctively caring about the girls. It's nice but also comes off as a little boring.

I'd say the romance trope is the main theme here so if you wanna explore romance plots with gorgeous models that have a satisfying enough story in a sandbox and school setting, you're gonna love this game!

Kink wise it's a bit vanilla for me but also has elements of more kinky stuff so you're never starved of that. I'd give it a 4.5 but rounding up to a 5!
  17. 5.00 star(s)

GoodGamesMakeMeSadAtEnd

this game is really good but too short, i feel like if the dev worked 1 more year on this game it would be at last top 10, the history is good, the girls are amazing covering a lot of fetishes, could have more pregnancy tho, is not a 5 game but i think is closer to 5 than 4.
    also incest would be nice.(mc and sister or cousin)
  18. 4.00 star(s)

dietmountaindew

A top notch harem game with really funny dialogue and a variety of really diverse and attractive characters. (Including a goth and a "trap", double bonus point for the dev)

Plenty of content of both sexual and non-sexual variety, so you should be entertained throughout. I know I was.

I really enjoyed the class placement aspect of the game in the beginning as well. Getting to pick your year was cool. Small details like that can only help immerse the player in the game's world even more.

The lewd content is really good, as well. Even the "bad end" is sure to scratch that itch for the NTR folks out there. I'm not big into NTR, personally, and even I was like, "Woah, that was spicy."

Overall, great VN. Glad to see it was finished. 4(.5)* close to 5.
  19. 4.00 star(s)

Gray1611

Not a bad game. I think its nice there is an easy mode and you can turn off trap content (obviously don't ;P) As for why I don't give it 5 stars. Well I found the endings severly dissapointing, especially for my girl Vivi.
  20. 4.00 star(s)

Normal69

Pros:

One of the VN/Game with the most animation(In the +18 category). one of the only VN/game where all sex scenes are animated. the animation is also well done and smooth.

- Next point is probably contains some bias
    Most character are good looking(certain character look a bit too young might be just my taste but some character actually look too young). Not the best looking character model compared to the top games but they are nice to look at. I like the artstyle but for this type of artstyle i could some points that could be improved.

Each character is unique. They all have different backstory and personality and you have to get to know them a bit(some more than others) before you do sexual things with them.

A lot of side characters which has only 1 event but it is a sex scene.

Cons

The VN/Game is too short especially for this type of game. took me around 2:30 hours to complete it. Each characters story seem to be too short and slightly rushed. The game doesn't contain many events left after you have sex with a character. it usually has only 1-3 event left for that charcter after you have sex the first time. I would say the main character of this game have as much time or less time than some other games side characters.

The female characters don't interact with each other much. So there are nearly no threesomes or foursomes or any non sexual event with more than 1 person.

contains useless mechanics. there is a charm mechanic which i never understood what it was used for. The female character appear based on RNG so some times you get some periods with no interactable events and just have to skip it. I feel that the time based system is much better as there is no rng.

The GUI cantains some items that are too small. the effect is minimal and it is not too unpleasant to deal with.

For this type of game i would expect to have a lot more character both side and main characters but the game only has 7 and the game is also short so it is not filling what it is missing.

Great VN/Game just would like for it to be longer, slightly better graphics and more characters. If it did i would rate it a straight 5/5. But as the game is complete i would just give it a low 4/5