2.40 star(s) 8 Votes

Feyn

Sep 25, 2017
Love this guy's games (only patreon I support regularly), but is there enough to this version yet to play?
I played his previous ones when they were about 2/3's done, and then again after the final version was done. Worked out well.

Damien Stark

Jan 26, 2018
Alright, after seeing the resolution fixes that BupoTiling03 created for News Desk, I did the same for Breaking the Princess.

To use: select the one with the resolution you want, rename it back to just "Assembly-CSharp.dll" and replace the Assembly-CSharp.dll from the game folder Data/Managed with this file.

I am absolutely NOT an experienced modder, I will share the process I followed here so folks can recreate it (in case you want a resolution option I didn't include, or additional versions are released, etc.) or so that better modders than I can tell me how I dumbly missed an important step or something. As this game isn't Completed, this will likely need to be repeated on each new version that is released.

Using the freely available , I opened this Assembly-CSharp.dll file.
Edit, Search Assemblies. In the searchbox type "Resolution" then double click the splashScreenResolution class listed. Up top you should see a line (#11 I beleive) with:
Screen.SetResolution(X, Y, false);

right-click on that line, select Edit Method
replace the X and Y values with your desired resolution (make sure the result is 2:1, as that's the aspect the game was built in) Click Compile, then File, Save Module, OK.
You're done. I made no other changes, and did not come across any bugs or problems with the UI as a result.

ShadowWarrior

Aug 3, 2017
If I can a mod to modify the values that would be great. I ended up getting my first save ruined thanks to a bug...

buff

May 29, 2017
Love this guy's games (only patreon I support regularly), but is there enough to this version yet to play?
I played his previous ones when they were about 2/3's done, and then again after the final version was done. Worked out well.
Yeah, it's definitely playable. Like a lot of his games the balance is kinda off at this point of development (he doesn't really read what people tell him on Patreon and he has no discord, so he has no idea when there are problems), but it's actually kinda fun. Gameplay is more fun than News Desk, anyway (IMHO).

Reactions: abgazil

crazy221

Jun 12, 2017
Im trying to use cheat engine but evidendly the values are masked in some way, has anyone gotten it to work?

Aug 5, 2017
it's an interesting enough concept but the UI is incredibly tedius and the grind is absurd, 15 deeds for a total victory means 14 victories for one scene with the princess.
Im trying to use cheat engine but evidendly the values are masked in some way, has anyone gotten it to work?
They're not masked at all, there's a whole block of values as 4-byte ints in the same order as the UI: deeds/gold/happy/lust/gems/furs/actions then unit count of each unit and available of each unit. Find any of them and you can get the others by cut&paste with + or - 4 offset.
I can't give you a .CT because I didn't bother finding a pointer trail but it only took me a few minutes. Actions is probably the easiest since it alters by 1 each time.

buff

May 29, 2017
it's an interesting enough concept but the UI is incredibly tedius and the grind is absurd, 15 deeds for a total victory means 14 victories for one scene with the princess.
Um, what? You get 15 deeds for decisively beating the enemies on a single wall. Once I got some warriors trained up, I was getting 50+ deeds in a single round with only one mine open.

Reactions: iruleatgames
Aug 5, 2017
yes and to get another 50 you have to assign all your peeps again, and again, and again with the most obnoxious drag-and-drop system possible, and every misclick costs you precious actions. if you do all that and manage to save up a hundred or so action points you can pay for a system that isn't as terrible. Desperately needs something like radial menus because dragging the soldier to where it needs to go is a maze because every building that can have someone in it pops up as you drag over it.

UI improvement suggestion:
Click on the opening, select who to put there, an "orders cost" that doesn't get spent until you end round. It'd be much better. Then the upgrades can reduce action costs or give you more actions per turn instead of having to pay to fix a broken UI. The window with your units already exists, just use that.

The tactical choices were interesting but I could never get the beastmaster to capture anyone. Either he kills them instantly or he kills them after a struggle (or he dies). If it's only Beast types, they're not clearly marked.

buff

May 29, 2017
yes and to get another 50 you have to assign all your peeps again, and again, and again with the most obnoxious drag-and-drop system possible, and every misclick costs you precious actions. if you do all that and manage to save up a hundred or so action points you can pay for a system that isn't as terrible. Desperately needs something like radial menus because dragging the soldier to where it needs to go is a maze because every building that can have someone in it pops up as you drag over it.

UI improvement suggestion:
Click on the opening, select who to put there, an "orders cost" that doesn't get spent until you end round. It'd be much better. Then the upgrades can reduce action costs or give you more actions per turn instead of having to pay to fix a broken UI. The window with your units already exists, just use that.
The game comes right out and advises you to buy the proclamation for managing troops more efficiently -- I forget the name of it, but it has 3 levels and it is relatively cheap. (Takes some actions though, but you can buy those with furs.) Once you have that managing the walls comes a lot closer to what you're asking for.

EDIT 11/15: the current version goes ahead and gives you some of the UI improvements. Pyor wised up.

Last edited:
Reactions: iruleatgames
2.40 star(s) 8 Votes