F33tLick3r

Oct 30, 2018
Will there be wild Centaurs, Naga (humanoid with snake body like Warden), 4 arms creatures (similar to some dude in Mortal Kombat, too lazy to search), etc? Also, will there be more sex positions such as side way, spooning, etc? What about wheelbarrow (like doggy but female feet in air) position already in game when doing surprise sex? Will that be part of breeding?

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
It's not that you don't have a pragmatic point, but you are painting things in a very "it's either X or Y" way. And that's the main problem with platforms when they start rolling billions, the aforementioned being the prolonged and propagandistic bs they have created with their decrepit, pseudo-woke platform.
I'm painting them that way because that's how it is in this case. DerelictHelmsman has a choice: take a massive paycut and keep incest, or cut incest and keep making as much money as he is. There are literally no options for him that allow him to both keep making this much money and keep incest in the game. None. At all. And anyone who argues the moralistic standpoint about sites moderating content is opting to ignore that fact.

Should Patreon do this? That's not a debate to be had here, in a thread about a specific game (It's a perfectly fine debate for other parts of the forum, mind you). Are they doing it? Yes. Will they continue to do it in the future? All signs point to yes. So again, stop bothering with the moralisms and shoulds and shouldn'ts. They don't apply here. Here and now in this real world situation where "should be" doesn't apply, his total set of options are the following:
  • Work within Patreon's requirements to continue making the money he's been making.
  • Drop Patreon as a platform, take a massive pay cut, and keep the content Patreon doesn't like.
  • Combine the two above options by slowly bleeding his subscribers to another platform, and then dropping Patreon.
  • Attempt to bypass Patreon's requirements with a secondary version available elsewhere, likely getting banned and losing his income in the process.
  • Attempt to bypass Patreon's requirements with a built-in enable switch that is hidden some way, like searching for a file not included. There are some games that have tried this, and they've had mixed success on Patreon ban evasion.
  • Stop working on the game entirely, taking a massive pay cut in the process.
Derelict appears to be attempting the slow bleed options, which means that this game will not have incest for the time being, and it won't be enabled officially again until some pontentially nonexistent, certainly indefinite point in the future when he determines that he can safely drop Patreon without losing more money than he's willing to lose. And with how long such attempts tend to take, by the time that would happen nobody will be making a fuss about it anymore and people will just get mad that he dropped their preferred platform.

At this point I seriously wonder why some high-income projects aren't going the DIY route, rent some AMZN servers, buy a good site template with good dev tools and then set up an authenticated posting area.
Because it's ridiculously expensive and well beyond the ability of developers who aren't programmers. You don't often see people capable of working up an entire backend toolchain like that making a game in renpy, unity, or unreal engine. And the startup cost of that approach also precludes a lot of developers capable of doing it just by dint of, well. Cost. AO titles are a very risky endeavor and people often aren't going to risk sinking that much money into them. And while that's less of a valid argument since you mentioned high-income projects specifically, crowdsourced income skews heavily towards teams or solo developers that lean on art, and skews away from projects that lean on programming ability.

Last edited:
Reactions: rcbcgreenpanzer

Aren1117

Mar 31, 2021
So how must more dev time do you think we will need to actually get different looking faces for the NPCs or the ability to skip more then one day when you go to sleep. I'm I the only one who hates the fact they all look like clones when it comes to faces?

poplan

Jan 24, 2019
I've been writing a patcher to restore incest to the game, it's a command line tool (it's written in Perl with .exe and .pl flavors) and it's going to need testing and I don't want to piss off DH but I'm sick of Patreon's overly nuts censorship.

Anyway looking for brave souls to help test and hoping I can put it up here or on LewdPatcher when it's ready.

The patch is presently working and hopefully will work on future versions. Right now the patcher can't find the game very well on it's own (still working on that) and the patching/backup/revert code has been tested on exactly one machine.

Aug 8, 2017
I've been writing a patcher to restore incest to the game, it's a command line tool (it's written in Perl with .exe and .pl flavors) and it's going to need testing and I don't want to piss off DH but I'm sick of Patreon's overly nuts censorship.

Anyway looking for brave souls to help test and hoping I can put it up here or on LewdPatcher when it's ready.

The patch is presently working and hopefully will work on future versions. Right now the patcher can't find the game very well on it's own (still working on that) and the patching/backup/revert code has been tested on exactly one machine.
Simplest solution to finding the game would just be to make the user put the script where the game is. Why make a complicated algorithm when the user (should) already know the answer.

Also, yay perl! Are you using Active or Strawberry? I miss working in perl.

poplan

Jan 24, 2019
Strawberry.

Right now the user needs to tell it what folder Radiant-Win64-Shipping.exe is in, I want to make it so you can also just give it the base folder. I know how I'm going to implement that but I haven't coded it yet.

Reactions: rcbcgreenpanzer

poplan

Jan 24, 2019
Breeders of the Nephelym (BOTN) Incest Patcher

THE PATCHER IS NOT NEEDED ANYMORE

You can easily enable incest in the game as shown below:

OVERVIEW:
A file named imma.degenerate needs to be in the same folder as OBF.exe.​
  • It does not need to contain anything.
  • It must be the same folder as OBF.exe.
  • The filename is imma and the extension is degenerate.
It doesn't matter what creates the file, it should work as long as the filename/extension is correct.

METHOD 1:
In the folder where OBF.exe is located, create a file called imma.degenerate (be sure to enable show file extensions if you're using Windows explorer). The file does not need to contain anything.​
METHOD 2:
Command Prompt:
In the folder where OBF.exe is located, type echo. > imma.degenerate and you'll be all set.​
Command Prompt (PowerShell) :
In the folder where OBF.exe is located, type New-Item -Path . -Name "imma.degenerate" -ItemType "file" and you'll be all set.​
I'm not sure how long this will work and I think it would be best for all of us to not mention it on Patreon (or DH's Discord) especially.​
This works with the Steam version as well but if your Steam library is in Program Files, you'll need administrative rights to create the file on Windows 10. Please follow the Steam instructions below if you need help.​
STEAM:
For Steam, this gets a bit more complex because of the higher security present in Program Files.​
  • Open a "Command Prompt" or "Command Prompt (Powershell)", you'll need to run either as Administrator. (NOTE: Windows Terminal generally won't let you start an Administrator session).
  • Depending on your settings, you'll may get a elevation prompt. Accept it to continue.
  • The following step assumes the default location for the game folder. If your Steam library is installed somewhere else you'll need to use the correct path: pushd "%SystemDrive%\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Breeders of the Nephelym Alpha" (Powershell: cd "$Env:SystemDrive\Program Files (x86))\Steam\steamapps\common\Breeders of the Nephelym Alpha")
  • Now you just need to create the file: echo. > imma.degenerate (Powershell: New-Item -Path . -Name "imma.degenerate" -ItemType "file")
  • Close the command window/powershell: exit
The patcher will eventually return with support for this for a few reasons:​
  • There's no telling how long this will work and we may be back to patching soon.
  • If people use a patcher for something so simple it may help hide this from Patreon from that much longer.
  • Some users may just find it it easier. Obviously if it's using the file method, it will not actually be doing any patching at all. Just creating (or removing) a file as directed.
  • The patcher is, unfortunately, not my highest priority at the moment.

Last edited:

SwordofHeaven

Jan 28, 2018
This is a link to the first ALPHA test of the Incest Patcher. Please make a backup of your BOTN folder before you run it. I have tested it on two machines and while it works here, I make no promises.

The later version will be open source but for now it's just a compiled Perl exe. (The code needs some work and the source needs proper comments and all my stupid notes removed.)

A readme.txt is included, please read it for details.

In general, you run this in the root folder of your Breeders of the Nephelym install (where Radiant.exe is) and it will patch the game. There are a bunch of command line options which are listed in the readme.txt and in the program itself (run with --help in a command window). (It does automatically make a backup of the executable it patches and it can 'reverse patch' as well - but again, it hasn't been extensively tested so I wouldn't *count* on it.)

You can send bug reports here if you want.

Please do not spread this around on other sites (such as LewdPatcher) yet, I'd like it to be a bit more polished and tested first.

Mega
Is this any different from the cheat engine edit?

jsmitth529

Mar 4, 2020
I love how Tiny on Massive in the butterfly position involves penetration of the urethra, made obvious by the location and angle the penis is going in. You don't often see that anywhere, and it's super hot when you do.

Reactions: Hongfire Survivor
3.90 star(s) 105 Votes