Clown.34

Sep 8, 2018
Dec 30, 2019
You just need to download the " ", extract on the game case and run the "enableincest.bat" file(double click should work).

Add traits, like add add i would not say, but you can maximize the ones you have.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
what i ment whas adding traits to the main character somehow?
also thank you for the file it worked :)

Sharks are Evil

Jul 17, 2021
what are the plans for the game in terms of new animations? if this game had Wild Life animations style and count it would be like 9000 times better. younger characters also won't hurt but I can see the dev is using Patreon (it would make sense to have sex with the young, but the young look as old as the older versions so it's kinda loses it's meaning) in terms of people supporting him he's doing a great job. many devs milk their games forever, this one isn't there yet, if it's only one guy I get it, it's not easy.

Last edited:

FuzzyFerret

Aug 10, 2017
To the 2guys up this comment, TheInternetIsForThis and BreederFan .

Both of you, don't get me wrong, but even for me, i think this is escalating faster than it should.

I'm nobody.

By what i understand, one think it lacks content and have a very "hard" path till get something, and still is charging for that.

The other is defendig the creator i dunno why, but probly because have tested all versions and see the evolution, and probly like me too, never payed to play.
(Don't get me wrong, the game deservs to be payed... but if someone release a free version legally, i don't see the point of pay for it, even if the creator deserv)

Last 12h i have been having fun craking the save of this game, since levels till traits and sizes.
(Hope creator team don't get mad about that, but was the best time i had is months).

And i must say, that its a good game, whit a huge variety of stuff to do.

I didn't played all versions like most of you, i played like 3 or 4 versions of the game since the beginning till now, and i can say that there is alot of evolution and awsome work by the involved team.
generally a creator live from his creation, a creation live by funding it, if nobody give money then no game will be out because the dev don't work for nothings and can't live without money.
Most of the "adult" game are made by single indie dev.
what we've got on this website is not a legal copy of the BoN, it's a pirated copy of the game. it's just tolerated by the dev actually.
so me, Yes, i see the point of backing an indie game dev if i like his work.
(just to make it clear for you)

what most of people don't know or just denied it : that's take years to make a game from A to Z especially ambitious project.
simply recruiting more dev because the indie got a "lot" of money doesn't solve that issue easily.

to finish: you can argue or complain as many time as you want, you can't have the right to force the dev to do it, he work his own way, it's him who have the final word. Even backer, they can argue, or stop giving money to protest, the dev have no obligation to accept what they ask, because it's an indie =)

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
what are the plans for the game in terms of new animations? if this game had Wild Life animations style and count it would be like 9000 times better. younger characters also won't hurt but I can see the dev is using Patreon (it would make sense to have sex with the young, but the young look as old as the older versions so it's kinda loses it's meaning) in terms of people supporting him he's doing a great job. many devs milk their games forever, this one isn't there yet, if it's only one guy I get it, it's not easy.
New animations for this game aren't incredibly likely, especially not at the volume used in wild life. Due to how this game handles sex positions, every single position is, when fully implemented, comprised of 36 different animations to cover for every possible nephelym size combination. I did a related breakdown of the work involved a while back when someone asked about adding things like snakes and spiders.

Last edited by a moderator:

Greendasteel

May 28, 2018
how i can up trait lvl? after new update im confused...
change log say more release to wild more world lvl u get? but i release about 20 foxes and wild one still same > D-C rank in stat and 0-2 perks...

RubyZeronyka

Jul 26, 2020
New animations for this game aren't incredibly likely, especially not at the volume used in wild life. Due to how this game handles sex positions, every single position is, when fully implemented, comprised of 36 different animations to cover for every possible nephelym size combination. I did a related breakdown of the work involved a while back when someone asked about adding things like snakes and spiders.
Add to all of that the fact that he told me he has 20 years of experience in developing software/games, his well known prejudice against some things like anal sex which he has mentioned in a very harsh way more than once in a server where's probably a LOT of people who not only are into it but it also may be their main source of "fun" in some ways, the fact that if you try to help as something as a translator you're treated pretty much the same as a nobody who just downloaded the game from Steam (There is the "Special Thanks" section on each update notes, but that's it), and what else can I say?

The whole progression system and it's relative mind setup has been annoying me since day 1 cause is like the EA kind of move. Update 0.1 you have the right from start to walk, Update 0.4, you have to "Unlock" the ability to walk by grinding a freakton of hours that yeah, can be skipped by fluids and maybe cheats but you ideally want to do all that by doing sex and breeding and basically seen SEX, not just bartering fluids like if this is Ponry Minecraft or something. And even then it takes on every update longer.

That wouldnt be an issue if the actual new content had to be unlocked through progression, like race subvariants, or new SS options, or new breeding positions like the Lap Dance that I was freaking hoping it would be the way Pawsmatti would work but no. You need to unlock what u had previously available from minute 1 on the previous update. And Im gonna say it again. The dumb as fuck fact that every x amount of updates, old saves dont work on new versions, but just explain me how, they do the other way around. Is like Skyrim LE saves not working on Special Edition yet Special Edition saves do work on LE. What the hell?

And pretty much what you guys have been explaining again and again, and what I insist in remarking. On every update this game become less and less enjoyable to play by adding more grindy mecanics. And is like bruh! This game by its own nature makes you want to try different gameplays, that, with its already existing content is good enough to give it an endless replayability value. But on every update that gets more tiring and honestly? Since the stupid cockblock gates progression crap was added I lost any desire on making my beloved Jabberwock Hybrid Futas because is essentially a fucking endless task to reach the demons area without using cheats. And I bet Im not the only one feeling like that.

Yeah there is cheats that makes the game a sandbox but what is the point of having Widow to gave me a task to find an elf for her if I cant barely reach the previous part where u find Neela's sister? Cause that damn Hornball Bee quest is making me dispise the whole honeycomby queendom lmao

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
So anyway, for people who actually care about this game's potential and want to consider it rather than blindly defending DerelictHelmsman with shallow arguments and dodging the point like an olympic track and field athlete, what are some other low-work improvements that could dramatically improve the game? Personally, I think I'd like to detail the ones I suggested a few days ago.

Nephelym Wandering the Farm

This is actually very easy to accomplish. It requires multiple things we know the game already has (the ability to render the player's nephs, the ability to have them perform a specific animation, the ability to have a nephelym walk from one location to another.) What it would need to have newly implemented are a few new animations. Since these animations aren't multi-neph animations, it would be far less work to create one than it would be to create a sex scene. (One animation per size rather than six)

Now, this is actually not all that difficult to implement. It could be done a couple of ways. The lowest impact is creating animation points around the farm and, when the player approaches the farm or loads the game, randomly assigning some nephelym to these points. This could be as simple as leaning against a wall, lounging in the shade, or using some of the farm equipment.

A somewhat more complex setup would involve nephelym actually wandering around the farm. This would technically need to ensure the farm allows for pathfinding, but also creates a much more dynamic setup. Nephs can "leave" and "enter" their various barns, wander around, find something to "do", wander around some more, etc.

All in all, it would be a fairly low amount of work to create an experience where the player is actively rewarded for filling their barns by seeing the nephs they've captured or bred added to the farm they've worked to build.

Additional Townsfolk

This one, like the one above, has multiple levels of difficulty depending on how complex you want to make the implementation. At the most simple, you could just have a few prefab nephs standing around in the town. Not a massive improvement, but even that would make it feel more alive. Having them wander similarly to the wandering they do in the wild would also impact that.

The game already has a dialogue system in place, so it wouldn't be hard to give these nephs meaningless flavor dialogue either. That would also help turn the town into something far closer to resembling a town rather than a vaguely haunted feeling sexual theme park.

If Derelict wanted to go all-in on a relationship system, it would mostly just involve a couple of variables per NPC (favorability, possibly a timer if you want relationship decay, things like that). Relationships could be built by just talking to the NPC on the regular, or maybe gifting them fluids and/or nephelym that they like. None of this is stuff the game doesn't already have in some fashion or another.

In terms of things the game doesn't already have, townsfolk could be given a schedule. The game already has a day/night system, so having townsfolk move around depending on the time would dramatically change the experience involved. (Consider a city in morrowind versus one in oblivion.)

In terms of the ultimate reward for wooing townsfolk, it could be all sorts of things. Maybe the townsfolk have unique traits that could be passed on to children if the player fucks them (or gets them to fuck one of the nephs on the farm.) Things like special patterns, body builds, or color combinations would be fairly simple and already exist in the game.

The reward could also just be a unique sex scene (or more than one), such as the ones that already exist in the town. Perhaps beyond a certain point in a relationship, the neph might wander to the player's farm on occasion and help out, or even "help" out. All sorts of things could be done, there.

The main goal of this kind of change is filling in the world and making it feel less like a mostly empty sandbox and more like a world that the player is exploring, small as that world may be.

Adding More World Detail

So, this one could actually end up very work intensive depending on how deep you go. Map detail always is, after all. That said, it doesn't specifically need to be, nor does it need to be done all at once. By and large, Hedon Township and the player's farm are okay. It's most everything else that is fairly bland.

In terms of what I mean by this suggestion, well. It's meant as much as a tie-in to suggestions below as it is to be standalone. Basically, the idea is that increasing the world level of a specific species would "improve" the visuals of their area, and possibly add things outright. The bovaur pasture could grow some shade trees, for example. Perhaps the foxen area would grow a swathe of wildflowers on one level up.

Overall, a lot of the game's areas are largely just some degree of open field with a containing barrier of some sort. This, like the empty township, feels very temporary and "in development." These areas basically scream "I am a blank canvas! Please paint on me!"

And they get largely ignored.

Honestly, there's only so much that can be suggested for visual improvement to an area that doesn't amount to "we made the place prettier, but the cost was lag." That's why I put this forward as much as a tie-in with the lewd collectibles and encroachment ideas, below.

On its own, this idea is something of a very minor reward for leveling up an area. A sort of visual congratulations for putting in the work.

Lewd Collectibles

So there's a few ways this could be done, all of which involve creating or buying new models for the game. The two core ideas I'd put forward are farm/town decorations and gatherable "ingredients" of some description.

So, considering the first idea. It wouldn't be incredibly difficult to make objects like lewd statues, posters, and even just general decorations. The game already has plenty of those baked into the map anyway. The idea with this suggestion is that you can wander around the world and find out of place decorations in unusual places, such as that cave just outside your farm that goes nowhere. Pick them up, and they show up on your farm or in the town, instead.

Overall, that would be a minor reward for exploration that allows the player to actually "improve" the town and/or farm. It hooks into the game's progression automatically, because you would need to get access to an area before you can explore it for hidden goodies. It could also be hooked into the world detail bit above, by having new goodies become available as the player improves an area. For example, maybe a particularly lewd appearing flower appears, and can be collected. Or an astoundingly lascivious stalagmite. The ideas are limited only by imagination, really.

Now, the second variation of this idea is a bit more work. It would involve creating "harvestable" objects that get scattered around the world. Most of those should have two variations, one ready to be harvested and one already harvested. They'd need a variable to track when they were picked, and a check would need to occasionally be performed for them to "re-grow" again. It's not actually a lot of work, but I'm detailing it so people know what's involved.

As for what they do? Again, limited only by imagination. On the simple end of the spectrum you have just "store and sell", similar to fluids. Perhaps they could be used as an alternative to or extension of the fluids systems in terms of luring new nephs. Maybe they could actually have special effects, such as temporary or permanent transformations. We already have a canon berry that grew a blessed nephelym's ass so much she got stuck in a hole, after all.

Going back to the suggestions above, townsfolk might be fond of specific items and reward you for collecting them. Some things might only appear (or become more prevalent) if you upgrade an area's world level. For example, imagine upgrading the slime's waterfall area and acquiring mystery globules that temporarily give a nephelym slime sheen instead of their normal coloring. Or perhaps you upgrade the bovaur's pasture area and get berry shrubs that boost or restore lust. The possibilities are nearly endless.

Overall, this would be a feature that serves to help integrate several current and potential game mechanics and reward the player for exploring and improving the world. It gives them reason to explore those hidden nooks and crannies that Derelict added in, and creates its own feedback loop that complements the existing run around and capture nephelym loop rather than competing with it.

Unlocking Areas Create Global Changes

This is the last of those suggestions I made a few pages back, and also one of the most abstract. What did I mean by "global changes"? A lot of things, actually.

So, most nephelym areas actually have a specific theme to them, as is clear while you wander. Some of them are pretty desolate and could stand more decoration, but that's a matter covered above. The idea here is that unlocking an area allows it to "spill out" past the gate, to an extent. Maybe some of its theming shows up in hedon township or on the player's farm. Maybe plants and decorations specific to the area can grow past the gate. Maybe the nephelym from that area can occasionally wander out and through the world.

There are plenty of ways to do this, and they can easily be tied into every single one of my suggestions above. If nephs can wander out of their areas, they could wander into a farm and interact with your nephs in the farm, maybe even using some of the idle animation markers on the farm. They could wander into and through the town itself, possibly interacting with what you have there.

Maybe unlocking an area would allow some of the blessed nephelym in the town to keep normal nephs from that area with them, in the town. Maybe it could add more blessed nepthelym to the town as well. All relatively simple implementations that would go a long way towards integrating the current mechanics.

In terms of world levels, it could also affect this. If you upgrade the level of a specific nephelym, you might see it more often. You could also unlock nephelym subspecies and/or variants, tho that's a bit more work. The decorations of an area could "spill" further out the gate at higher levels, too. Maybe gatherables could spread from an area into its surroundings. Again, possibilities are mostly limited by imagination.

------

So anyway, those are some detailed explanations of things that could be added to the game. They're all fairly low effort and make use of skills Derelict has already demonstrated having. They're suggested in ways that would work with the existing game and use minimal new assets, comparatively. Reasonably speaking, all of these suggestions are far less work than adding a new body type, like serpentine nephelym.

Seriously though, the imagination is the limit with this game and my biggest disappointment is that so many people are content with an empty sandbox and actively willing to defend it.

Last edited:

Spillthebeans

Jun 21, 2017
So anyway, for people who actually care about this game's potential [...] what are some other low-work improvements that could dramatically improve the game?
At this point this is just mental masturbation but to keep it short:

-Move pawsmaati closer to the starting point
-Move the lamia portal chick closer to the starting point
-Move the gate at your ranch closer to your house
-Place ranch only fast travel points across the ranch, at least one at your house and one in the cluster of barns at the far end

(For the next 3 I'm aware the fluid system and requests are still placeholders but even as they are they could be slightly adjusted to make the game less broken or more interesting)

-Fix the mission board requests to only offer quests you can actually complete e.g no more "Bring me a hybrid of two nephelym that are still locked behind 3 gates" requests at the very start
-Adjust fluid prices to make more sense, something as easy to get as bouvar milk shouldn't have such a high payout and something as difficult to get as harpy fluids should be worth more
-Vendors should sell higher and buy lower compared to the player with fluctuating prices
-Lower the amount of points needed to raise a races rank
-Instead of getting points for releasing caught nephelym get a bonus for releasing bred nephelym, it makes more sense to raise the race rank by introducing new nephelym to the environment instead of ones taken from there
-Raise a races world level through having sex with roamers, getting a bonus for impregnating them or from getting pregnant and releasing the offspring
-Implement an auto run key and run toggle
-Make roamers draw from a randomized pool of colors instead of presets with higher rarities having access to more unusual and less strict colors/combinations
-Bring back breeding, I don't know if it's something I haven't figured out yet but the impregnation chance is so low currently that it's almost pointless to try, I feel more like a "Poacher of the Nephelym" than a breeder right now

I'd also really like some more animation variety especially for surprise wild sex but that goes beyond "low-work" so I'll leave it at that for now.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
At this point this is just mental masturbation but to keep it short:
I actually like most of these suggestions, they're largely sound and also fairly low-impact on development time.
-Move pawsmaati closer to the starting point
This is incredibly easy, just a matter of moving a few things around. Reasonably speaking, pawsmaati should probably be accessible somewhere near the progression midpoint. There are a couple of very big open areas along the coast and up by the bovaur area that could work quite well.
-Move the lamia portal chick closer to the starting point
Honestly this should be accessible from the start, but at higher cost than one fuck's worth of lust. Maybe retain the single fuck as a portal unlock and then either add a minor toll (the game's money is basically unused beyond upgrading the farm) or have her occasionally demand another fuck for passage if enough time has passed.
-Move the gate at your ranch closer to your house
Absolutely should be closer to the house. If you pop it in the yard centered between Fern, the house, and the breeding yard it would have a central location that is both convenient and highlighted by the farm's layout. The current location could be used for other things instead, such as an area where nephelym could lounge about or another upgrade to the farm.
-Place ranch only fast travel points across the ranch, at least one at your house and one in the cluster of barns at the far end
This could be integrated as part of the ranch upgrade process, or unlocked via the world progression instead. This makes sense to have a one-time initial cost with no upkeep. Considering the ongoing themes of the game, could even give them a very familiar shape as a short art object and name them "nipple gates" or somesuch. But that's more flavor than function.
-Fix the mission board requests to only offer quests you can actually complete e.g no more "Bring me a hybrid of two nephelym that are still locked behind 3 gates" requests at the very start
Honestly, the easiest way to implement this is either by checking the nephelym the player has, or by checking which gates are unlocked. Both are incredibly trivial to code and would make the quests reasonably viable early game. The gate check is probably the better of the two.
-Adjust fluid prices to make more sense, something as easy to get as bouvar milk shouldn't have such a high payout and something as difficult to get as harpy fluids should be worth more
This is a bit less trivial. Mostly, because the rarity of a nephelym means effectively nil once the player picks up a few of them. Would likely be better to discard this in favor of expanding your next suggestion.
-Vendors should sell higher and buy lower compared to the player with fluctuating prices
Systems like this are easy to implement but daunting to balance. That said, the basics required here are a recurring check over time, a variable tracking how much of any given fluid the "market" has (aka how much the player has sold, effectively), and a maximum and minimum price for each fluid. At that point you have everything you need to create a dynamic per-fluid price that is affected by both market glut and market drought but never goes beyond values the developer allows.
-Lower the amount of points needed to raise a races rank
This is a balancing concern that has already been patched once, but will never satisfy everyone. A decent way to handle it would be a "difficulty" or "tedium" option in the menu, that can scale things like this up or down.
-Instead of getting points for releasing caught nephelym get a bonus for releasing bred nephelym, it makes more sense to raise the race rank by introducing new nephelym to the environment instead of ones taken from there
This does make sense, though from a gameplay perspective both should work. Ideally catch-and-release should get you a small amount of points while nephelym you've bred would warrant far more, with reward scaling depending on their trait rarity.
-Raise a races world level through having sex with roamers, getting a bonus for impregnating them or from getting pregnant and releasing the offspring
This makes sense as a new addition to the system, for sure. More routes to the same goal provides options that allow for better coverage of different players and their preferences.
-Implement an auto run key and run toggle
Honestly, yeah. The player should also have a somewhat faster base speed. Would be an incredibly trivial implementation, honestly.
-Make roamers draw from a randomized pool of colors instead of presets with higher rarities having access to more unusual and less strict colors/combinations
This is one of those "good in theory, but incredibly difficult in practice" ideas. If you want to see a decent example of what I mean, it's worth looking into a dragon breeding game known as . The short version is that you're likely to wind up with a lot of very painful color combinations, and preventing those is a complex and rather daunting task.
-Bring back breeding, I don't know if it's something I haven't figured out yet but the impregnation chance is so low currently that it's almost pointless to try, I feel more like a "Poacher of the Nephelym" than a breeder right now
For a game with "breeding" in the title, this is kind of a really big issue. I do think the prior "pregnancy is nearly guaranteed" was a bit overkill, but this is currently overkill in the other direction. A modest boost in base chance over current, plus bumping the quantity of sex the player and nephelym can engage in as well as creating one (or preferably, multiple) way for players to boost fertility would result in a reasonable progression that ties back into the game's core gameplay.
I'd also really like some more animation variety especially for surprise wild sex but that goes beyond "low-work" so I'll leave it at that for now.
Honestly, yeah. New sex positions would be lovely but aren't really low-work endeavors.

Razor679

Mar 19, 2020
So anyway, for people who actually care about this game's potential and want to consider it rather than blindly defending DerelictHelmsman with shallow arguments and dodging the point like an olympic track and field athlete, what are some other low-work improvements that could dramatically improve the game? Personally, I think I'd like to detail the ones I suggested a few days ago.

Nephelym Wandering the Farm

This is actually very easy to accomplish. It requires multiple things we know the game already has (the ability to render the player's nephs, the ability to have them perform a specific animation, the ability to have a nephelym walk from one location to another.) What it would need to have newly implemented are a few new animations. Since these animations aren't multi-neph animations, it would be far less work to create one than it would be to create a sex scene. (One animation per size rather than six)

Now, this is actually not all that difficult to implement. It could be done a couple of ways. The lowest impact is creating animation points around the farm and, when the player approaches the farm or loads the game, randomly assigning some nephelym to these points. This could be as simple as leaning against a wall, lounging in the shade, or using some of the farm equipment.

A somewhat more complex setup would involve nephelym actually wandering around the farm. This would technically need to ensure the farm allows for pathfinding, but also creates a much more dynamic setup. Nephs can "leave" and "enter" their various barns, wander around, find something to "do", wander around some more, etc.

All in all, it would be a fairly low amount of work to create an experience where the player is actively rewarded for filling their barns by seeing the nephs they've captured or bred added to the farm they've worked to build.

Additional Townsfolk

This one, like the one above, has multiple levels of difficulty depending on how complex you want to make the implementation. At the most simple, you could just have a few prefab nephs standing around in the town. Not a massive improvement, but even that would make it feel more alive. Having them wander similarly to the wandering they do in the wild would also impact that.

The game already has a dialogue system in place, so it wouldn't be hard to give these nephs meaningless flavor dialogue either. That would also help turn the town into something far closer to resembling a town rather than a vaguely haunted feeling sexual theme park.

If Derelict wanted to go all-in on a relationship system, it would mostly just involve a couple of variables per NPC (favorability, possibly a timer if you want relationship decay, things like that). Relationships could be built by just talking to the NPC on the regular, or maybe gifting them fluids and/or nephelym that they like. None of this is stuff the game doesn't already have in some fashion or another.

In terms of things the game doesn't already have, townsfolk could be given a schedule. The game already has a day/night system, so having townsfolk move around depending on the time would dramatically change the experience involved. (Consider a city in morrowind versus one in oblivion.)

In terms of the ultimate reward for wooing townsfolk, it could be all sorts of things. Maybe the townsfolk have unique traits that could be passed on to children if the player fucks them (or gets them to fuck one of the nephs on the farm.) Things like special patterns, body builds, or color combinations would be fairly simple and already exist in the game.

The reward could also just be a unique sex scene (or more than one), such as the ones that already exist in the town. Perhaps beyond a certain point in a relationship, the neph might wander to the player's farm on occasion and help out, or even "help" out. All sorts of things could be done, there.

The main goal of this kind of change is filling in the world and making it feel less like a mostly empty sandbox and more like a world that the player is exploring, small as that world may be.

Adding More World Detail

So, this one could actually end up very work intensive depending on how deep you go. Map detail always is, after all. That said, it doesn't specifically need to be, nor does it need to be done all at once. By and large, Hedon Township and the player's farm are okay. It's most everything else that is fairly bland.

In terms of what I mean by this suggestion, well. It's meant as much as a tie-in to suggestions below as it is to be standalone. Basically, the idea is that increasing the world level of a specific species would "improve" the visuals of their area, and possibly add things outright. The bovaur pasture could grow some shade trees, for example. Perhaps the foxen area would grow a swathe of wildflowers on one level up.

Overall, a lot of the game's areas are largely just some degree of open field with a containing barrier of some sort. This, like the empty township, feels very temporary and "in development." These areas basically scream "I am a blank canvas! Please paint on me!"

And they get largely ignored.

Honestly, there's only so much that can be suggested for visual improvement to an area that doesn't amount to "we made the place prettier, but the cost was lag." That's why I put this forward as much as a tie-in with the lewd collectibles and encroachment ideas, below.

On its own, this idea is something of a very minor reward for leveling up an area. A sort of visual congratulations for putting in the work.

Lewd Collectibles

So there's a few ways this could be done, all of which involve creating or buying new models for the game. The two core ideas I'd put forward are farm/town decorations and gatherable "ingredients" of some description.

So, considering the first idea. It wouldn't be incredibly difficult to make objects like lewd statues, posters, and even just general decorations. The game already has plenty of those baked into the map anyway. The idea with this suggestion is that you can wander around the world and find out of place decorations in unusual places, such as that cave just outside your farm that goes nowhere. Pick them up, and they show up on your farm or in the town, instead.

Overall, that would be a minor reward for exploration that allows the player to actually "improve" the town and/or farm. It hooks into the game's progression automatically, because you would need to get access to an area before you can explore it for hidden goodies. It could also be hooked into the world detail bit above, by having new goodies become available as the player improves an area. For example, maybe a particularly lewd appearing flower appears, and can be collected. Or an astoundingly lascivious stalagmite. The ideas are limited only by imagination, really.

Now, the second variation of this idea is a bit more work. It would involve creating "harvestable" objects that get scattered around the world. Most of those should have two variations, one ready to be harvested and one already harvested. They'd need a variable to track when they were picked, and a check would need to occasionally be performed for them to "re-grow" again. It's not actually a lot of work, but I'm detailing it so people know what's involved.

As for what they do? Again, limited only by imagination. On the simple end of the spectrum you have just "store and sell", similar to fluids. Perhaps they could be used as an alternative to or extension of the fluids systems in terms of luring new nephs. Maybe they could actually have special effects, such as temporary or permanent transformations. We already have a canon berry that grew a blessed nephelym's ass so much she got stuck in a hole, after all.

Going back to the suggestions above, townsfolk might be fond of specific items and reward you for collecting them. Some things might only appear (or become more prevalent) if you upgrade an area's world level. For example, imagine upgrading the slime's waterfall area and acquiring mystery globules that temporarily give a nephelym slime sheen instead of their normal coloring. Or perhaps you upgrade the bovaur's pasture area and get berry shrubs that boost or restore lust. The possibilities are nearly endless.

Overall, this would be a feature that serves to help integrate several current and potential game mechanics and reward the player for exploring and improving the world. It gives them reason to explore those hidden nooks and crannies that Derelict added in, and creates its own feedback loop that complements the existing run around and capture nephelym loop rather than competing with it.

Unlocking Areas Create Global Changes

This is the last of those suggestions I made a few pages back, and also one of the most abstract. What did I mean by "global changes"? A lot of things, actually.

So, most nephelym areas actually have a specific theme to them, as is clear while you wander. Some of them are pretty desolate and could stand more decoration, but that's a matter covered above. The idea here is that unlocking an area allows it to "spill out" past the gate, to an extent. Maybe some of its theming shows up in hedon township or on the player's farm. Maybe plants and decorations specific to the area can grow past the gate. Maybe the nephelym from that area can occasionally wander out and through the world.

There are plenty of ways to do this, and they can easily be tied into every single one of my suggestions above. If nephs can wander out of their areas, they could wander into a farm and interact with your nephs in the farm, maybe even using some of the idle animation markers on the farm. They could wander into and through the town itself, possibly interacting with what you have there.

Maybe unlocking an area would allow some of the blessed nephelym in the town to keep normal nephs from that area with them, in the town. Maybe it could add more blessed nepthelym to the town as well. All relatively simple implementations that would go a long way towards integrating the current mechanics.

In terms of world levels, it could also affect this. If you upgrade the level of a specific nephelym, you might see it more often. You could also unlock nephelym subspecies and/or variants, tho that's a bit more work. The decorations of an area could "spill" further out the gate at higher levels, too. Maybe gatherables could spread from an area into its surroundings. Again, possibilities are mostly limited by imagination.

------

So anyway, those are some detailed explanations of things that could be added to the game. They're all fairly low effort and make use of skills Derelict has already demonstrated having. They're suggested in ways that would work with the existing game and use minimal new assets, comparatively. Reasonably speaking, all of these suggestions are far less work than adding a new body type, like serpentine nephelym.

Seriously though, the imagination is the limit with this game and my biggest disappointment is that so many people are content with an empty sandbox and actively willing to defend it.
i would add a Quality of life addition to this list by saying have the targted nephelym well hunting be in the center of the screen (maby add a toggable cross hair with a hot key for just that resion)

Reactions: UsernomeGenerico

Dzebo

Sep 14, 2020
FAQ's and guides tell that trait level could be improved at the Emissary by using the currency, but I seem to be blind as I cannot find that option anywhere, all I can do is ascend them for those blue star things. Has this feature been removed or am I just completely missing something?

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
FAQ's and guides tell that trait level could be improved at the Emissary by using the currency, but I seem to be blind as I cannot find that option anywhere, all I can do is ascend them for those blue star things. Has this feature been removed or am I just completely missing something?
Recent update changed it, guides are out of date. Trait level has been removed in favor of a per-race world level. You raise the world level by releasing nephelym of that species. You can see a race's current world level in the UI at their barn.

Dzebo

Sep 14, 2020
Recent update changed it, guides are out of date. Trait level has been removed in favor of a per-race world level. You raise the world level by releasing nephelym of that species. You can see a race's current world level in the UI at their barn.
Ah, that explains it. Thanks!

3.90 star(s) 109 Votes