Forsityk

Oct 23, 2018
I hope the dev will be allright. Also get more team members for his game. If you feel burn out then take a pause and don´t think about what people comments like: Where is the new update et cetera.

This why i promote that single developer or really small team should work with an open source code, so friendly coders could help them.

RubyZeronyka

Jul 26, 2020
The final update was a little one and 4 months ago. He does not have anywhere he talks and he just maybe talks at discord once per month.
The game is probably dead as the dev slowed it down so badly and he continuously milking mindless backers right now.
When you say this, you get harassments from his mods at discord and get banned..
Yeah recently I have started to stop playing games where their base issues make it annoying and asking the devs for a change or the comunity for some advise gets a toxic reaction. I dont have the patience for BS anymore. Life is too short and full of options to waste it on crap that is not worth the investment. BotN and its comunity being among them lol

XCelesX

Jun 2, 2020
High hopes for year, the guy made some nice stuff, but started to slow everything down with more and more excuses to waste time and not putting actual content in the game. Only stuff no one asked for if at all. This might end up like Cloud Meadow and I thought this games wanted to do what CM never did. Give us the god damn breeding farm game we wanted

Dr. Lewdwig

Apr 15, 2021
High hopes for year, the guy made some nice stuff, but started to slow everything down with more and more excuses to waste time and not putting actual content in the game. Only stuff no one asked for if at all. This might end up like Cloud Meadow and I thought this games wanted to do what CM never did. Give us the god damn breeding farm game we wanted
I recently played the game for the first time (current version) and I've seen everything the game has to offer for now.
It seems like the dev can no longer avoid going back to configure/rework/fix problems the game has.
These issues come in variety of sizes and if I had to guess, I'd say the dev is overwhelmed, and ... rightly so. UI is one of them. I'd argue that UX also requires major changes which requires a lot of time.

I feel like this is the result of years of adding new content while avoiding dealing with ever-accumulating issues.
And to be perfectly honest, I do not see a way out of this. I assume it's doubly hard when your patrons are pressuring you for new content as well.

This is still a decent game for what it is. But if I were to recommend it to others, I'd say, "play this version once and when you've finished the available content, consider your journey finished and move on".

Last edited:

Mee&Mee

Apr 23, 2020
The final update was a little one and 4 months ago. He does not have anywhere he talks and he just maybe talks at discord once per month.
The game is probably dead as the dev slowed it down so badly and he continuously milking mindless backers right now.
When you say this, you get harassments from his mods at discord and get banned..
Yeah, there are some here too that when you mention that this or that game feels like milking inmediatly call their admin friends here to do exactly that the same...

RubyZeronyka

Jul 26, 2020
Lol it's the 'breeding season' curse all over again

Can somebody please finish that game so the curse finally lifted
It's funny how Derelict insisted so much in going solo to prevent the issues of that game to affect his work. Yet for his stubborness to do what he pleases with the game while totally ignoring it's target audience's demands, that things are going south for his game in a similar fashion.

dc75a467-60c7-444b-b02e-ae52431825ba_text.gif

Zel zaraki

Nov 1, 2019
There was a cheat table(cheat engine) that could edit traits(had a lot of cheats), is it available for the latest version? If it is can someone please post it, hex editor is too much work(almost as much as grinding) or are there any other save editors with proper UIs like the radiant save editor?

Reactions: knmk
Oct 25, 2019
There was a cheat table(cheat engine) that could edit traits(had a lot of cheats), is it available for the latest version? If it is can someone please post it, hex editor is too much work(almost as much as grinding) or are there any other save editors with proper UIs like the radiant save editor?
You mean this one? IDK if traits editor work, but the rest of functions works perfectly in latest version. Check it if you want
View attachment Breeders of the Nephelym 0.754.3_v1.2rc.zip

Drages

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2018
Yeah, as this dev kicked me for a ridiculous lame reason after I designed all the game systems at last year update, because he wanted to be the only dev who worked on it.

This game is not abandoned but zombified as it continues to milk everyone, and it's a huge sadness for people who supported this with a dream of finished game. I really wanna cry when I think the potential of this game and what it could be in right hands.

And there are people out there defending this as "you can't say anything or it can't be a scam if it's free".. People are stupid.

Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017
Yeah, as this dev kicked me for a ridiculous lame reason after I designed all the game systems at last year update, because he wanted to be the only dev who worked on it.

This game is not abandoned but zombified as it continues to milk everyone, and it's a huge sadness for people who supported this with a dream of finished game. I really wanna cry when I think the potential of this game and what it could be in right hands.

And there are people out there defending this as "you can't say anything or it can't be a scam if it's free".. People are stupid.

I think people miss the point of that last part. People aren't saying you can't do this or can't do that. They're more so saying 2 things:

1. If you're getting it for free yes, you can complain, everyone's entitled to that.

2. If you're paying for it, you'd have more of an actual reason to complain.

Either way at the end of the day, people aren't saying you can't complain or can't do this.

No it's a suggestion, because at the end of the day, from my personal experience and many others, when you complain in a certain way, it's deconstructive criticism, vs constructive.

I can tell you, from seeing various posts online from people talk about various forms of entertainment media. All it comes off as is being whiny, aka deconstructive criticism. There's some constructive criticism, but I see more bitching and moaning over something people can control. You know by not supporting said thing.

Not defending these people, just saying you should move on to other things that you enjoy, instead of getting your hopes up constantly. Just a suggestion, not a demand in any fashion to save people some stress/trouble. If it's not changed and you've come back and it's still not changed, the result is pretty obvious. Keep track of it but don't take it super seriously and get your hopes up.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: RedAISkye

Draupnir7

Sep 3, 2020
No it's a suggestion, because at the end of the day, from my personal experience and many others, when you complain in a certain way, it's deconstructive criticism, vs constructive.

I can tell you, from seeing various posts online from people talk about various forms of entertainment media. All it comes off as is being whiny, aka deconstructive criticism. There's some constructive criticism, but I see more bitching and moaning over something people can control. You know by not supporting said thing.
We can talk about what needs fixing, where, and how until everyone is blue in the face. After a point, it becomes clear that nobody is listening. What then?
I won't say it's a moral imperative to be 'deconstructive' when projects get to the point BotN has here, because it's not, but I will say it's better than just lamely walking away to gather around the next thing.
People like BotN and want to see it finished, but DH has made clear that nothing will change his painfully slow and inconsistent development schedule, and that makes people who support him frustrated. Simply throwing frustration away, or bottling it and moving on, are deeply unsatisfying.
Bitching is cathartic, as long as there's cause, and with BotN, there's cause.

Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017
We can talk about what needs fixing, where, and how until everyone is blue in the face. After a point, it becomes clear that nobody is listening. What then?
I won't say it's a moral imperative to be 'deconstructive' when projects get to the point BotN has here, because it's not, but I will say it's better than just lamely walking away to gather around the next thing.
People like BotN and want to see it finished, but DH has made clear that nothing will change his painfully slow and inconsistent development schedule, and that makes people who support him frustrated. Simply throwing frustration away, or bottling it and moving on, are deeply unsatisfying.
Bitching is cathartic, as long as there's cause, and with BotN, there's cause.

Understandable man, once again I don't think "lamely walking way to gather around the next thing" is "lame", I'd say it's more healthy is the closest word I can think of, productive is another one I can think of.

I'll give you an example, I essentially gave up hope on Metroid ever really coming out with anything new for years, I still kept track of it, and still looked out for updates. I gave up hope, but not completely. While I waited for possible updates, I did other things to preoccupy me, so I wouldn't be depressed/sad/upset and whatever else word can be said to get my hopes up and be let down.

This is just with me as a personal thing, but I don't vent my frustrations publicly on a forum about things I'm getting frustrated at/ angry at most of the time, only certain times. Most of that is done privately to myself/ with friends.

Take of that what you will, but you do you man, just know that to most people hearing the same things being repeated to in this case a brick wall, gets tiresome quick after like the 10, 20th time. It's also equally frustrating coming in said thread to see a notification, just to not see an update.

3.90 star(s) 103 Votes