Ed360

Feb 18, 2019
No offense, but this makes it sound like there's no one competent and that anyone you hire will try to scam you and require babysitting. How can you have such a negative opinion, and then onder why poeple have a negative opinnion about patreon devs (or you in particular).
If you are convinced any helper will scam you and be incompetent, then people can easily belive the same about you.
1592973461329.png

I couldn't have written it better, Mr Dev you allege that you are at a point where changing something in the code is a nuisance why not just focus on that and hire an artist but well I will stop insisting in this point because you are stubborn in this regard. The next would be from what I read you are trying to please almost everyone with their suggestions(pleasing everyone is impossible to start) so so you include features that sometimes do not coincide with what has already been established or start with something leave it unfinished and put another new feature which is irrelevant with the previous one for example (i wrote this before) when the surprise sex came out the next update for me was the most logical was the FxF sex surprise because 1 why is the point in just seeing the futa/female or male/female and not the fxf. 2 I think I enter the minority category in this part where i play as male and dont play with futas so I only see the sex surprise over there in the areas where there is only male. Finally you need to focus on what you want in the game and involve your patrons if they like what you are doing and not the other way around. We will see how the game develops and good luck

PButts

Feb 5, 2020
I wasnt planning on actually posting with this account, as I would have much rather sent a PM to you, but since that requires at least 3 posts I figured I'd give my input on this anyway.
Well, I know what I want to do for the game. I am lost on trying to figure out what my players want. As mentioned before it's impossible to please everyone, but it appears there are two camps. One that wants more gameplay, and another that only wants me to focus on the sex sandbox.
Although there's a clear division with the majority of input you're getting, have you considered trying to integrate sandbox-like options into the core gameplay more, rather than keep them relatively separate? I'm aware of how difficult this could end up being but it might help work as a middle ground to see what side weighs more. The goal would ultimately be balancing both aspects in the end anyway, but it could lead to additional creative opportunities with how you utilize the sandbox in the gameplay itself. Keep in mind I'm just here because I enjoy playing in-dev games to give myself bug tracking practice so I don't get rusty, as my job is QA so any practice is good practice.

My wording on this is probably strange, but an example I can suggest is allowing a method to modify NPCs to the players liking, or to meet some quest specific requirements through a temporary or permanent method. Player sided content is covered quite well, but NPCs on the other hand aren't as flexible
A way you could approach this is with magic potions (or some other thing that's more interesting). You could implement a system that allows you to give these to NPCs to affect them in various ways like making them taller, shorter, have a bigger ass, have smaller tits with both minor and radical amounts of modifications.
This would allow players to have some form of flexibility with what they want in terms of sandbox material since you can alter the other characters (or maybe your own on the fly) to however you desire, while also providing a gameplay mechanic that could be expanded into adding quests where you can only access some zone if your character meets some requirements.
At this point you could branch off into how youd want to go about this, where maybe theres an NPC that wants a potion to get bigger tits, or wants to have wings or something and if you do this you're rewarded with unique positions that can be used later on like a double vaginal threeway or something, which can then be used for capturing multiple creatures in the wild, but makes the encounter tougher to beat.
This could be further expanded into the breeding aspect/monsters to breed to both allow the player to modify whatever creatures theyve captured to however they want them, while also allowing the doors to be open to other mechanics like it. Or hell, maybe doing some specific quests could grant your player some outfits the NPCs wear or something.
The main reason for suggesting all this is while talking to an NPC to customize everything on the player helps, a more on the fly solution might be good for NPCs or captured creatures should the player want something different. It can get pretty tedious in the sandbox, so a solution to speed things up with enchantments may help for gameplay and pacing specifically as well as the overall player freedom for customization.

Again I'm not trying to push you to do anything, but rather get offer some direction on creativity to appease both sides of the feedback you're getting. Doing what I suggested is a gargantuan task, and would take a very long time to get right let alone setup to even get started so I'm by no means saying do it for that very reason. I just do QA, and part of my job is give constructive feedback to improve things if possible though I mainly just make sure things work. Your game has most of the groundwork there to go any direction you please, I just know that these things also take a lot of time and planning. Do what you feel is right, since there's multiple solutions to this issue, and any of them can be beneficial. Anyone can also openly disagree or agree with any point of this post as well.

Whatever the case, good work my dude and above all do what you wanna do most. Just be sure that feedback you receive doesn't get to your head. Just try to think creatively on how to please both sides, I'm sure you can get the idea.

Also I got interested with underwater aspect of this and found a spot with a small hole at the bottom of the underwater terrain that leads nowhere and seems really out of place from the rest of the terrain geometry, and wanted to ask what it's about. It's near the glowing seaweed but out in the distance by an alcove. Also I ended up swimming for like 3 hours under the map. You can do a hell of a lot of travel in the water so I'd suggest adding in some boundaries for inland terrain to prevent swimming under the map.

Last edited:

BeholdTheWizzard

Oct 25, 2017
A way to marry both exist. It's called tying sex into gameplay.
I shall again point towards Slave Matrix as a good example.

Potions to alter your monstergilrs? I don't really see the need except for some really hard to get things - you should be able to get the monstergirl you want by breeding. Except as long as the system is as bare bones and nothing more than a clone factory, it is pointless.

PButts

Feb 5, 2020
Potions to alter your monstergilrs? I don't really see the need except for some really hard to get things - you should be able to get the monstergirl you want by breeding. Except as long as the system is as bare bones and nothing more than a clone factory, it is pointless.
It's an example with minimal effort behind it. There's plenty of other ways to do it, and better at that. I'm much more interested in focusing on blending the feedback he's gotten into a usable set of options.
The player perspective is significantly different and as you can tell, varied, based on interests of that specific player. I for one would't want your suggestion from a gameplay standpoint as if breeding to get more options is the way to do it, what if the outcome is not what you desired? Now you have an entire rng minigame with the breeding which generally brings things to a slog. Yes you can breed then release, but that's really tedious and annoying at some point when you can just modify as you desire with existing characters instead.
The key is to be constructive with feedback and suggestions in order to be able to have options for the dev to go off of. This very disagreement between me and you is the very issue most developers face 24/7. Deciding how to move forward is always subject to discussion and dispute.

Last edited:

Cor'ali

Jan 11, 2020
I have the required OS but all I get is a black screen.
How long do you let it sit? The first time you load it it may take a bit before it finishes. I get a black screen for at least half a minute if I'm running other things along side it.

Plazaz

Oct 31, 2018
How long do you let it sit? The first time you load it it may take a bit before it finishes. I get a black screen for at least half a minute if I'm running other things along side it.
I let it run for 2 minutes but it still didn't load and it was the only thing i was running.

nobodyforever

Apr 1, 2019
In the creator scene gallery, is there a way to change the position during the sex scene?

Or after backing out of the scene, have the gallery autoselect the previously selected pair along with the presets?

If not, that's something I'd like to see added. Would make switching between positions more convenient~

nobodyforever

Apr 1, 2019
Well, I know what I want to do for the game. I am lost on trying to figure out what my players want. As mentioned before it's impossible to please everyone, but it appears there are two camps. One that wants more gameplay, and another that only wants me to focus on the sex sandbox.
I do believe you've nailed it there. Of the other sex games I've played, particularly the big ones from Japan, such as Koikatsu, Custom Maid 3D 2, and Insult Order, they tend to split the story/gameplay and the sex sandbox (commonly called "Free H"). Pleasing both audiences. Take a look at how they structured their game if you haven't.

I've only recently started messing around with BotN, and I do certainly believe the creator mode should be made available from the menu, rather than only accessible through cheats. It'd make it a lot more obvious to those that only care about the sex sandbox about it's existence, and no longer complain about the gameplay as they wouldn't be touching it regardless.

Spillthebeans

Jun 21, 2017
I do believe you've nailed it there. Of the other sex games I've played, particularly the big ones from Japan, such as Koikatsu, Custom Maid 3D 2, and Insult Order, they tend to split the story/gameplay and the sex sandbox (commonly called "Free H"). Pleasing both audiences. Take a look at how they structured their game if you haven't.

I've only recently started messing around with BotN, and I do certainly believe the creator mode should be made available from the menu, rather than only accessible through cheats. It'd make it a lot more obvious to those that only care about the sex sandbox about it's existence, and no longer complain about the gameplay as they wouldn't be touching it regardless.
I agree, allowing sandbox play as a separate option would be ideal, it would be a real shame if development of gameplay stopped after we're finally starting to get some. As has been said on discord the creator mode is temporary, right now it's just an incentive/placeholder.
Is this version have sound?
Yes, there's been sound for quite a few versions now.

Reactions: Rudygodd

Ed360

Feb 18, 2019

Game progression will be divided into about 12 or so chunks, and I will not be listing every addition. Read the dialogue and it will be easily solved.
  • Added game progression 1
  • The Avatars of the Goddess must be activated, the NPCs will guide you
  • Fixed issues
  • Updated translations
Special thanks to translators:
  • CellarCat (Korean)
  • MAYDAYMAY1 (Chinese)
  • taVee (Thai)
  • frost 90909090 (Portuguese)
  • Bruffit (Russian)
  • J0a0n (Czech)
  • Powerack (Czech)
  • RubyRZND (Spanish)
NOTE: Despite my best efforts, I could not avoid another save wipe. There will be many save wipes this cycle. If that is annoying, I suggest waiting for the next public build.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Remember dont complain just enjoy it :LUL::KEK:

BeholdTheWizzard

Oct 25, 2017
It's an example with minimal effort behind it. There's plenty of other ways to do it, and better at that. I'm much more interested in focusing on blending the feedback he's gotten into a usable set of options.
The player perspective is significantly different and as you can tell, varied, based on interests of that specific player. I for one would't want your suggestion from a gameplay standpoint as if breeding to get more options is the way to do it, what if the outcome is not what you desired? Now you have an entire rng minigame with the breeding which generally brings things to a slog. Yes you can breed then release, but that's really tedious and annoying at some point when you can just modify as you desire with existing characters instead.
The key is to be constructive with feedback and suggestions in order to be able to have options for the dev to go off of. This very disagreement between me and you is the very issue most developers face 24/7. Deciding how to move forward is always subject to discussion and dispute.
Breeding should be the MAIN way to get things. I'm not against either potions of options from special NPCS (like a spell cast by a NPC if you pay for it), but again, they should be exceptions. An expensive way to get something if you're not having luck.

Reactions: J_M and aspar4gus

BeholdTheWizzard

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't use them as good examples. You could barely call them games.

• Angry
Reactions: byran47
3.90 star(s) 108 Votes