Unity Breeding Season Estrus [v0.0.1] [H-Bomb]

2.00 star(s) 4 Votes

ejmuerte

Sep 24, 2018
btw dev what game engine are you using right now? is it godot?

im pretty sure everyone knows here Unity just fucked all game developers around the world.

Eduded

Nov 28, 2017
The FAQ was pretty enlightening, I mostly agree with HBomb's feelings on AI. Not sure if I'll ever enjoy this art as much as the classic game but I'm definitely hoping and rooting for it to succeed.

HartistaPipebomb

May 3, 2023

im pretty sure everyone knows here Unity just fucked all game developers around the world.
I'm using Unity, I was already like three-quarters-way into making that first prototype when the news dropped and I was like "fuck, great timing guys". Luckily they walked that shit back and claim they won't be changing the fee structure on current Unity versions, which does everything I need already, and I'd have to be pretty damn optimistic to ever expect Estrus to cross the revenue threshold you need to get the fees anyway, but yeah switching off to Godot or something else is tempting because it's still very early and I definitely don't trust them to not fuck me over in the future now.

Luckily a lot of what I'm doing currently is all in Articydraft and I can probably find a way to export that out into whatever engine if I need to switch, and the C# behind the game logic is almost completely independent of anything Unity-specific. The huge pain in the ass would be remaking the UI, since I'm leaning heavily on Dialogue System, and the 3D space map I've probably spent too much time fiddling with already because making stars and zooming the camera around them is fun.

Atm, I'm planning on sticking with Unity for now and just building towards being as portable as possible if/when I have to jump ship.

Reactions: ejmuerte

HartistaPipebomb

May 3, 2023
The FAQ was pretty enlightening, I mostly agree with HBomb's feelings on AI. Not sure if I'll ever enjoy this art as much as the classic game but I'm definitely hoping and rooting for it to succeed.
I've barely scratched the surface with what I want to try with the models yet, so you should think of everything you see in the game so far as extremely "rough draft"; I wrote a script that can re-gen every image in the game automatically, so updating all the art when I train better models is very feasible (though, tbh, ludicrous filesizes is a looming spectre I'm going to have to tango with sooner or later if I do keep everything prerendered; I have a few plans to address that but it's gonna be a shit ton of trial and error).

I really want to try turning the models inside out and I want to actually put in the work to the point I can get images out of my models that legitimately couldn't be done any other way, but a lot of what I'm working with hasn't even existed for more than a couple months so I'm still just kind of blundering around a lot of it like everyone else trying to make models that are consistent enough to automate visual variations without having to do as much touching up afterwards and without having some stuff coming out looking like it belongs to a totally different game.

I gotta say, though, the difference in quality between the stuff I can get with training today versus a few months ago is night and day, knowing the little nuances and how to train well means a ton, and I've gotten a lot better at intuiting what kinds of things it needs to see in order to be able to extrapolate without needing to feed it tons of images, so hopefully I can continue to keep moving up the quality and cohesiveness until it looks at least "alright" or, fingers crossed even "pretty good!"

Reactions: Loorn and Eduded

Ipigskickass

Jul 10, 2017
It definitely writes like you and you definitely know things about Breeding Season's development, such as Vanilly and Subtank, so hey, maybe it is you. I would have reached out to Shwig before going public with your game. You've been off the map for years, suddenly popping back up is suspicious and while he wouldn't care what you're doing with Breeding Season, it at least would have given you some credibility when I asked around.

Good luck on your brand new retirement plan. I hope it succeeds, though I'm not big on your AI art thing. I always liked the shit you did on Breeding Season and I'm glad you're well personally.

I won't be following this project with a big sign saying that you're a big fat phony, but I'm skeptical nonetheless. I won't be supporting this project financially, of course, but I like you enough to wish you goodwill and leave you be. I'll edit my warning post rightly.

Siegfried67

May 8, 2018

Doesn't the unity fee BS kick in once you make over 200k a year?

Thresholds for revenue and installs
Games qualify for the Unity Runtime Fee after two criteria have been met: 1) the game has passed a minimum revenue threshold in the last 12 months, and 2) the game has passed a minimum lifetime install count. We set high revenue and game install thresholds to avoid impacting those who have yet to find scale, meaning they don’t need to pay the fee until they have reached significant success.
Only games that meet the following thresholds qualify for the Unity Runtime Fee:
  • Unity Personal and Unity Plus: Those that have made $200,000 USD or more in the last 12 months AND have at least 200,000 lifetime game installs.
  • Unity Pro and Unity Enterprise: Those that have made $1,000,000 USD or more in the last 12 months AND have at least 1,000,000 lifetime game installs.
Devs complaining about having to pay a fee after making that kind of money gets a laugh out of me every time. And i'm pretty sure Patreon money can't be taken into account, since it's not bound to a game, but to a team with possibly multiple games under their belt.

All i see are excuses to stop develloping a game after raking in some patreon money, and start a new project with another engine and start the scam allover again (not talking about Breeding Season, didn't follow all the drama around it, probably wasn't even around when it all happened).

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: DADDDAAA

ejmuerte

Sep 24, 2018
Doesn't the unity fee BS kick in once you make over 200k a year?

Thresholds for revenue and installs
Games qualify for the Unity Runtime Fee after two criteria have been met: 1) the game has passed a minimum revenue threshold in the last 12 months, and 2) the game has passed a minimum lifetime install count. We set high revenue and game install thresholds to avoid impacting those who have yet to find scale, meaning they don’t need to pay the fee until they have reached significant success.
Only games that meet the following thresholds qualify for the Unity Runtime Fee:
  • Unity Personal and Unity Plus: Those that have made $200,000 USD or more in the last 12 months AND have at least 200,000 lifetime game installs.
  • Unity Pro and Unity Enterprise: Those that have made $1,000,000 USD or more in the last 12 months AND have at least 1,000,000 lifetime game installs.
Devs complaining about having to pay a fee after making that kind of money gets a laugh out of me every time. And i'm pretty sure Patreon money can't be taken into account, since it's not bound to a game, but to a team with possibly multiple games under their belt.

All i see are excuses to stop develloping a game after raking in some patreon money, and start a new project with another engine and start the scam allover again (not talking about Breeding Season, didn't follow all the drama around it, probably wasn't even around when it all happened).
the good news right now John Ricittiello is gone in CEO, there's so many shady things left in the company and some say Whitehurst is the next new CEO of Unity but he cant be trusted at all he did some bad things when he was working at opensource IBM.

gruntlord?

Aug 27, 2020
I'm kinda mixed here. I was one of the early silent donars way back when BS was just a very simple flash game.

While I'm still NOT happy with how it kept ballooning and changing over and over and over and over and over until eventualy it exploded(in a non sexual way), it did awaken a desire, that I never could get rid of.

A humble MC making a humble living, by studding out and spreading his genetic seed :coffee::cool:

There's been several attempts by other Devs to fill in the huge gaping hole that was made, but like they say, Margarine Ain't Butter.

Now, you're back, and making a vague space game. BUT, Space does give far more opporunity for a MC than Fantasy does.

Am I some sort of Space Contracter, stablizing Alien Colonies/SpaceStations by using Neutral Genes, before it becomes too forked? Am I working with Deseperate Alien Refugees by making use of Adaptable Genetic Seed, so that the entire NextGen has more flexibility in choosing a new homeworld? Can I half ass these jobs, affecting my reputation and future contract options? Can I compete with Rival Contracters, economically & genetically? Can I be tricked into shitty, LongTerm Contracts? Can I lie about my Alleged Prestigic Genes to get the attention of desirable Contracts? Can I bid for a Royal Contract?
No, its something about intergalatic espionage and....making hero units?

Look.....I'm not sure what you're trying to do; are you looking for a new audience? Or are you trying to regain old supporters? Is the MC a manager, breeder, or a Hero Handler that molests his crew?

Regardless, I wish you the best with this endeavor.

Reactions: Bas1978
Apr 13, 2018
i just want to play with the traits like feral, neoteeny, futa, incest, etc unlike all the clones that dont have them or lock it off cause patreon or something

Reactions: gruntlord?

Argrond

Mar 21, 2019
Woof, I figured coming back and trying to use AI for the art would be dramatic, but y'all don't give any quarter do you? To be clear, that prototype isn't a game yet, it's just kind of the first strokes thrown on the canvas. I'll have a version that will have (an extremely simple version of) an actual gameplay loop coming by the end of this month for patrons, and the public build I'm planning on releasing will be at least slightly updated from this first prototype.
It's all up to you man, to make it as exciting as the original BS was, but in a way you see it working for you/us rn. You either persuade players with your art and work, or not, it's as simple as that. ) But since you've announced it already, I guess there is no turning back to it. )
Regardless to what was with the original BS, we all wish this one to be nicer, fuller and better than the original one. So good luck to you with the development, nothing can be better than make us believe you with your own dedication and hard work. ) But I guess you need to show to the world at least some working builds, the concept itself is pretty decent (except "the previous fantasy breeding world has died for all I care", duuude, give the game premised some better thought, the one you came up with is lame af XD Or just do not relate this game to BS then, to not confuse players with that reference), the thing is - what do you want to make out of it? Players did give you some thoughts about their expectations, but it's important for you to have your own vision and plan of development, once you figure out if it's appealing or not, you can correct it if needed.
So yeah, looking forward for more content, mechanics, story etc. And again - gl with it! o/

P.S. Btw, original BS has almost flawless breeding interface screen, I hope you will not invent a brand new bicycle with square wheels and just implement a similar screen with some adjustments (balance, engine specifics, visual improvements etc.
P.P.S. And no, this colourful mess does not look nice in neither possible way. XD Maybe it would be much better to implement original BS concept here as well, where we had recognizable, distinct colour palette and attribute for each matter (Roxie, Kala, elves, also each type of monsters, items and so on). That's a tricky thing to implement properly and not to look cheap, but gives an immense amount of game integrity points. )

Last edited:
Reactions: ejmuerte

Zohir22

Apr 15, 2023
Looking forward to see breeding season complete and thx for sharing mods
I m not a bot beep.boop

Meiko Kobayashi

Nov 25, 2023
AI art that looks like it was generated by an absolute novice.
"Gameplay" that could be programmed by an 8 year old who has two days of experience with Unity.
"Story" that still seems spiteful over the fact that the dev's previous project fell apart due to his incompetence (Then he went onto blaming and doxing people who worked with him on said project that he himself procrastinated with while raking in thousands on Patreon).
Already raking in money with only this piece of nothing to show.

Such an obvious scam of a "game" but hey at least you cannot dox AI and blame it on why your game never completed I suppose. Following this just to see how it fails and receives the [Abandoned] tag here. That is if the pay pigs realize that H-Bomb was the reason the original Breeding Season stagnated and essentially died thus leading to people jumping ship (Where the Breeding Season curse still continues in that game). If only someone who's competent actually made/completed Breeding Season.

Reactions: m9r and Red Sand

BullDemon

Dec 10, 2018
Breeding Season Estrus 13_12_2023 21_37_29.png
got a bug, i was on the ranch clicking "nex day" and this tab just popup and i cant close it, i dont konw what cause this bug. i will try to post every error or bug i got to help the dev

Kargan3033

Jan 2, 2020
Never played the first Breeding Season game, and despite what people say about AI art I'm going to give this game a try.

2.00 star(s) 4 Votes