Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
I don't understand anything anymore.

Last week he said:

For those who are waiting for the update. If I didn't need to visit my grandmother this weekend It will be out on Monday. Today I contacted the coder and the game will probably be playable tomorrow.
He couldn't release it on Monday because he visited his grandmother over the weekend, but it's one week later and there's still nothing.

weirdanime

Jul 30, 2019

Last week he said:

He couldn't release it on Monday because he visited his grandmother over the weekend, but it's one week later and there's still nothing.
He says he's adding more animations to compensate for the delay which is quite ironic because it extends the delay even further. And tbh at this point whatever he releases, it will still be underwhelming after getting people hyped with the countdown and then going dark for 1.5 months. I would just release whatever I have and get back to the schedule.

Feb 22, 2022
I think the dude is just kinda done with this game: announcing a new game, releasing shorter updates, many excuses/delays. Its a well known cycle with these developers.

KissKissStudio

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2016

Last week he said:

Playable but not ready to publish. Basically, I added 5 more animations for Landlady and three more left. Two are vaginal and one handjob to reach the cumshot. The update will be released to all tiers, it won't be locked by tiers.

skater555

Feb 22, 2021
Playable but not ready to publish. Basically, I added 5 more animations for Landlady and three more left. Two are vaginal and one handjob to reach the cumshot. The update will be released to all tiers, it won't be locked by tiers.
Thank you Santaras, much love :giggle: <3

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
And yes the new project is making it slower.
This may not please most people reading my message, but at this point I believe it would be healthier for you and more beneficial to your dev career to just abandon this game and move on to Lighthouse.

Your mind is not on Bright Lord anymore, you aren't enjoying it and it's become a burden for you. This can lead to nothing but more development problems in the future, more delays, etc. In turn, those problems will likely affect your credibility as a developer. Your supporters can take bad news if you're honest with them; after that, they can decide what they want to do. Some will leave you, but at least they'd have the satisfaction that you're a straightforward, trustworthy person so they could come back later if they like your next game. What they can't take is being led on, or you beating about the bush in order not to delay the moment when you'll have to make a decision.
Of course, this sort of decision is not something you can make over and over again. If you start three games and abandon all of them no one will trust you. But starting a first project and then deciding that you can do better is something that every reasonable person should understand.

This is just some piece of advice from a non-supporter. Maybe I'm totally wrong, so perhaps a poll on your Patreon after the next update is out could be the best option to get an idea about what your supporters think.

KissKissStudio

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2016
This may not please most people reading my message, but at this point I believe it would be healthier for you and more beneficial to your dev career to just abandon this game and move on to Lighthouse.

Your mind is not on Bright Lord anymore, you aren't enjoying it and it's become a burden for you. This can lead to nothing but more development problems in the future, more delays, etc. In turn, those problems will likely affect your credibility as a developer. Your supporters can take bad news if you're honest with them; after that, they can decide what they want to do. Some will leave you, but at least they'd have the satisfaction that you're a straightforward, trustworthy person so they could come back later if they like your next game. What they can't take is being led on, or you beating about the bush in order not to delay the moment when you'll have to make a decision.
Of course, this sort of decision is not something you can make over and over again. If you start three games and abandon all of them no one will trust you. But starting a first project and then deciding that you can do better is something that every reasonable person should understand.

This is just some piece of advice from a non-supporter. Maybe I'm totally wrong, so perhaps a poll on your Patreon after the next update is out could be the best option to get an idea about what your supporters think.
So we can expect a quick end to this? And then is the road to the new project clear? :unsure:
This answer to both of you. Yeah, I don't enjoy making Bright Lord as I did when I was still learning because it's very basic and the only times I find it actually fun is when making animation, and even those animations I make I find them not that good, but I still feel like learning something new every time I make the sex animations, while with the basic renders stuff, it feels like a grind. The only thing I still cant figure out how lens stuff work, but that's not the point..
I never had idea of dropping Bright Lord but I feel I am wasting time, but the only reason I don't jump the gun is that I will eventually feel the same way for Lighthouse and you need to finish the project somehow.
So I will finish Bright Lord a bit sooner but it will end in a cliffhanger where we will understand what happened in the new game "Lighthouse." It will have episode on what happened to the old mc in the game and what he has done to world.
There will be sex scenes with the old girls with the old MC. I am just curious if that counts as NTR if the Lighthouse MC sees the old MC fucking the old L's :D
But to come to this point I still need to put both love and corruption routes into the game and then I will shift towards the ending of Bright Lord.

Acsuka

Mar 25, 2023
It prob NTR for ppl that dont know the story
Of course, this is your game and your story. You say that Lighthouse will be a sequel,...why can't the MC be the same?...then the "NTR thing" is no longer a problem...of course it's just a question.

weirdanime

Jul 30, 2019
This answer to both of you. Yeah, I don't enjoy making Bright Lord as I did when I was still learning because it's very basic and the only times I find it actually fun is when making animation, and even those animations I make I find them not that good, but I still feel like learning something new every time I make the sex animations, while with the basic renders stuff, it feels like a grind. The only thing I still cant figure out how lens stuff work, but that's not the point..
I never had idea of dropping Bright Lord but I feel I am wasting time, but the only reason I don't jump the gun is that I will eventually feel the same way for Lighthouse and you need to finish the project somehow.
So I will finish Bright Lord a bit sooner but it will end in a cliffhanger where we will understand what happened in the new game "Lighthouse." It will have episode on what happened to the old mc in the game and what he has done to world.
There will be sex scenes with the old girls with the old MC. I am just curious if that counts as NTR if the Lighthouse MC sees the old MC fucking the old L's :D
But to come to this point I still need to put both love and corruption routes into the game and then I will shift towards the ending of Bright Lord.
You know, I've never thought you'd be tired of Bright Lord because every update shows how your skills improve. I've been waiting for each update since the very second one and the progress you've made is really good. If you don't feel like developing the game, take Aristos' advice but maybe don't just abandon the game and do an update that kind of closes the game. I'll be somewhat unhappy because Margarie is hot af but such is life, it's your project.

KissKissStudio

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2016
Of course, this is your game and your story. You say that Lighthouse will be a sequel,...why can't the MC be the same?...then the "NTR thing" is no longer a problem...of course it's just a question.
Its just cant be the same MC

You know, I've never thought you'd be tired of Bright Lord because every update shows how your skills improve. I've been waiting for each update since the very second one and the progress you've made is really good. If you don't feel like developing the game, take Aristos' advice but maybe don't just abandon the game and do an update that kind of closes the game. I'll be somewhat unhappy because Margarie is hot af but such is life, it's your project.
I will be finishing it soon. But still dont have idea how to end it and were to end it

X-Topic

Dec 9, 2020
lol...I had to check for ages this game and I see that I was correct about the developer...he is just milking you and trolling you....it is a pity because it was a really good game :/

• Angry
Reactions: DemonicCreampie
3.90 star(s) 88 Votes