VN Ren'Py Broken Horizons [Demo] [Epsi]

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote

A Common Crab

Dec 15, 2018
Played it. It features, in no particular order of relevance: Honey Select's default poses. Extensive, irrelevant, and generic dialogue. Basic UI that does nothing more than count as a bare minimum, a complete absence of actual progression on any direction, an abrupt end, mood-breaking pop-culture references, and more!

In short: I won't be touching this again unless something major changes about it.

Kinky Boi

Jul 15, 2024
Played it. It features, in no particular order of relevance: Honey Select's default poses. Extensive, irrelevant, and generic dialogue. Basic UI that does nothing more than count as a bare minimum, a complete absence of actual progression on any direction, an abrupt end, mood-breaking pop-culture references, and more!

In short: I won't be touching this again unless something major changes about it.
Couldn't agree more, today is weekend and I played lots of games, but this one ugh! Just the waste of internet.

I won't touch either unless just like you said.

Reactions: bstr2k2 and pemoj

pemoj

Feb 26, 2019

Couldn't agree more, today is weekend and I played lots of games, but this one ugh! Just the waste of internet.

I won't touch either unless just like you said.
I agree with your comments, guys. If I had to write a review the commentary of A Common Crab would be more than enough. It's a demo anyway. When the developer has released 1-2 updates I will write a review.

Reactions: Kinky Boi

Kinky Boi

Jul 15, 2024
I agree with your comments, guys. If I had to write a review the commentary of A Common Crab would be more than enough. It's a demo anyway. When the developer has released 1-2 updates I will write a review.
Game might have potential, we will see how's other characters, we don't even know anything about MC personality and nothing about his love interest.

We just have to wait........

Reactions: pemoj

Jnx

Jun 6, 2017
I like the random non-english character thrown into random words.
Instills confidence

Also, what's with everyone releasing a "Demo" lately? Games lately release these tiny micro-updates AS IS, a demo with nothing to do won't attract me to your project.
"Here's a demo of our VISUAL NOVEL. You click to advance text and sometimes, there's a CHOICE. Very technical, I know"

• Sad
Reactions: Skeltom and pemoj

Ingfire

Feb 27, 2020
I like the random non-english character thrown into random words.
Instills confidence

Also, what's with everyone releasing a "Demo" lately? Games lately release these tiny micro-updates AS IS, a demo with nothing to do won't attract me to your project.
"Here's a demo of our VISUAL NOVEL. You click to advance text and sometimes, there's a CHOICE. Very technical, I know"
I mean, the Dev didnt post this himself on here. Which explains the odd character in the Description, which was badly copy-pasted by the F95 Uploader. He posted it on his Itch, and seems to just be doing this just to do it. Everyone in this thread being negative is acting like this is supposed to be a full chapter release, but as he said in his Chapter 1 progress post, its a "proof of concept", and not the actual "First chapter". The Dev seems to want to tell a story, and as long as its decently written, I'll give it a shot. The dev is teaching himself HS2 and Ren'py as he goes with this, so why anyone is expecting more than what is clearly and blatantly stated as a first attempt is beyond me.

Reactions: Beerus

Jnx

Jun 6, 2017
I mean, the Dev didnt post this himself on here. Which explains the odd character in the Description, which was badly copy-pasted by the F95 Uploader. He posted it on his Itch, and seems to just be doing this just to do it. Everyone in this thread being negative is acting like this is supposed to be a full chapter release, but as he said in his Chapter 1 progress post, its a "proof of concept", and not the actual "First chapter". The Dev seems to want to tell a story, and as long as its decently written, I'll give it a shot. The dev is teaching himself HS2 and Ren'py as he goes with this, so why anyone is expecting more than what is clearly and blatantly stated as a first attempt is beyond me.
Tag them then.
White knight somewhere else.
Better yet, just tell the dev "The Dev seems to want to tell a story, and as long as its decently written, I'll give it a shot"
I made a generalized question about how a lot of devs are releasing demos of linear stories, it makes no sense.

Reactions: pemoj
1.00 star(s) 1 Vote