Others Abandoned Brothel City [v1.6] [Darot Games]

3.10 star(s) 17 Votes

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
Image2.jpg
Brothel City, August 8 2017 Patron Version - White-Screen Fix

This version fixes that 'white screen on startup' issue some people were having.
WIN: {Link Removed. Newer Version Available}
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Please, support the dev if you enjoying playing with her toys.

Last edited:
Reactions: mathl33t

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
unfortunately the problem still exists :(
Nice. Hey, can you do me a favor and try this one?
EDIT: Link removed. Didn't work.
The one I originally linked was modified. I opened it, ran once to make sure it worked, and deleted all the "desktop.ini" files that the original compiler left in there like a dumbass. This one here is an untouched archive straight off her patreon. It's possible that running it once maybe changed a config file or something that needed to be left in its default state. Note that I did not edit the Aug 6th release that didn't work, either.

Last edited:

lordukk

May 21, 2017
nope still there :test2: I downloaded her public version straight from her patreon too, and that one doesnt work either
so whatever she did, did not fix the issue

Edit: the foxito guy has the problem too

Reactions: jpsimon

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
nope still there :test2: I downloaded her public version straight from her patreon too, and that one doesnt work either
so whatever she did, did not fix the issue

Edit: the foxito guy has the problem too
I'm sorry you guys are having trouble. I feel partly responsible since I am uploading this game. Is there anything in your LOG.txt about an error?

Edit: This post here isn't Patron-restricted, so you guys can check on it. I posted just to get things started.

lordukk

May 21, 2017
LO
1}Загрузка базы 1}0:00 - 0/0/0}Успех}-1
2}Создание карты}0:00 - 0/0/0}Успех}-1
3}Запуск игры}0:00 - 0/0/0}Успех}-1
4}МенюКнопка}0:00 - 0/0/0}Успех}35
5}МенюКнопка}0:00 - 0/0/0}Успех}38
6}МенюКнопка}0:00 - 0/0/0}Успех}6
DD
if you're in contact with her u can forward that to her :)

Edit: i tried both fullscreen and windowed also both as admin, problem still persists

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
LO
1}Загрузка базы 1}0:00 - 0/0/0}Успех}-1
2}Создание карты}0:00 - 0/0/0}Успех}-1
3}Запуск игры}0:00 - 0/0/0}Успех}-1
4}МенюКнопка}0:00 - 0/0/0}Успех}35
5}МенюКнопка}0:00 - 0/0/0}Успех}38
6}МенюКнопка}0:00 - 0/0/0}Успех}6
DD
if you're in contact with her u can forward that to her :)
Code:
1} Downloading the database 1} 0:00 - 0/0/0} Success} -1
2} Creating a map} 0:00 - 0/0/0} Success} -1
3} Running the game} 0:00 - 0/0/0} Success} -1
4} Menu Button} 0:00 - 0/0/0} Success} 35
5} Menu Button} 0:00 - 0/0/0} Success} 38
6} MenuButton} 0:00 - 0/0/0} Success} 6
... so, nothing useful there. The timestamps don't even work. Meh. You can't ask her directly because for some reason the bug fix was only for the patron build. Heh. I just ... don't know. All we can do is wait. I'll post the next update when it drops. Maybe some more info will come from that Patreon link in the last post.

edit: I added your log to my post on her Patreon.

Last edited:
Reactions: lordukk

lordukk

May 21, 2017
yeah hopefully she finds the solution :)
edit: pretty sure she changed the public too, the date is different!

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
yeah hopefully she finds the solution :)
edit: pretty sure she changed the public too, the date is different!
I am pretty sure this is going to be one of those obscure issues, like anisotropic filtering being too aggressive or images being encoded in a Russian standard that the local OS doesn't recognize. Some totally stupid shit. You see this in AAA titles quite a bit. The difference is that in AAA titles, there's hundreds of people working on a fix. This game uses a custom engine. The only people looking into it, are people playing this exact game that care enough. In the end, it's Darot's fault for the engine being too picky about something. The problem is finding out what exactly that is. As I said, less people troubleshooting it means less chance of tripping over the cause. I'm not sure if even Darot can pin it down in a reasonable amount of time.

Reactions: lordukk

lordukk

May 21, 2017
It might have to do with the new turn base concept they introduced, or maybe just some silly issue! its especially hard because some people have the problem and some dont~
she is a pretty small team as well, and not well known compared other patreons. I didnt expect her to release a new hot fix after receiving just one report, but now at least I feel like she will give it even more priority and hopefully we'll have a fix soon!

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
its especially hard because some people have the problem and some dont~
It's obvious Alice doesn't have that problem. Which means, as a dev, her first step to troubleshooting it is forcing it to happen. That fix she released was probably discovered after purposefully crashing her own game, and she thought that was the one that was giving people problems. Now, she's probably trying to crash it again since that first one wasn't the problem.

All this would be so much easier if she just had a machine where the error was coming up. Tech support sucks, man. I did that for 7 years (HVAC) and lost a lifetime worth of faith in humanity.

lordukk

May 21, 2017
at least you got paid for it! I got my bachelor in IT and had to fix people's shit for free ( still do )
got so sick of it I decided to change my major when I start studying for my Masters. I would even get another bachelor if I had to.

Akanaecchi

May 2, 2017
Lol, if you guys actually read Darot Game's Patreon, you'd know that they're a team of 2 men and 2 women.

Alice just does all the PR shit as she is the 'Community Manager'.

1 guy is the programmer, the other is the creative director, and the other chick is the artist.

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
Any update on the white screen fix?
As of now, there is still no update on the white screen bug. The next game release is scheduled for September 10. But, I just get the feeling it won't be addressed then either. If they had found a fix, they probably would have pushed it out by now since they made a formal post on their patreon where they posted a build that supposedly fixed the bug (and didn't). I'm not affected by the bug, but I sympathize with those of you that are. This is kind'a bullshit. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the September 10th release fixes it.

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
unnamed.jpg
Brothel City, September 11, 2017 Patron Build
WIN:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'd like to point out that this line:
* We've reworked an algorithm with big images and hope there will be no "white screen" problem anymore.
... is what they said when they did the August 8th "white screen fix" and it didn't fix anything. I never had the issue, so I can't confirm if this September 11th version fixes it. Just making an observation.

Please, support the dev if you enjoying playing with her toys.

Reactions: drizzcat
3.10 star(s) 17 Votes