Brothel King - Girl packs and Mods Collection

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Overall, nice! Tested Triss this time. Assuming others are similar.

More detailed feedback:
  • You can dispense with all these '//1' bits. I put half-scaling in as a demo, but dividing by one is not going to change anything.
  • I was a little surprised to see Philippa 'fondle'ing Triss. That picture needs 'bis' or something.
  • Not sure why Ciri is doing the fucking for me in the movie? o_O
  • Putting 'naked_filter=True' means the girl's nudity is taken from her 'brothel' state. Which leads to weirdness when the text claims she's naked, but since she's not naked outside the event, she isn't inside it, either. 'False' means nothing happens, you go by tags.
  • The 'final2.mp3' loop is a little immersion-breaking for me, since the action is over by then.
  • Stat changes are kinda strong, but lack the normal +10% per charisma scaling. Three AP is a lot, though, so that probably balances out.
  • The 'elemental army' thingy is addressed, nice.
  • As I said before, 'xalign 0.5 yalign 0.5' is better replaced with 'at truecenter'.
  • A 'sensitivity' image is by no means guaranteed to even show her lower half, but the text is detailing her asshole.
  • The futa event might want to lose some 'fade's before and after the movie that make the transitions less abrupt.
  • You might want to use 'strict=True' for some if not all images. Yennefer suddenly jumped into the finale of the RP event. Can't escape her bossing me around, even in a different game. :cry:
  • You are quite a bit better at coming up with meaningless sex-warbling than I am. :cautious:(y)

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
  • Putting 'naked_filter=True' means the girl's nudity is taken from her 'brothel' state. Which leads to weirdness when the text claims she's naked, but since she's not naked outside the event, she isn't inside it, either. 'False' means nothing happens, you go by tags.
  • You might want to use 'strict=True' for some if not all images.
How would that look like in code? Instead of

Code:
("mast", not_tags=["sex", "anal", "group", "bisexual", "monster", "beast", "machine"], naked_filter=False)
it would be this?

Code:
("mast", "naked", not_tags=["sex", "anal", "group", "bisexual", "monster", "beast", "machine"], strict=True)
or
("mast" + "naked", not_tags=["sex", "anal", "group", "bisexual", "monster", "beast", "machine"], strict=True)
And I assume if I wanted to not get a naked picture, put "naked" it in the not_tags.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
To get a nude picture, use 'and_tags = ["naked"]'. Probably 'strict = True' as well to make sure. So
Code:
get_pic("mast", and_tags = ["naked"], not_tags=["sex", "anal", "group", "bisexual", "monster", "beast", "machine"], strict=True)
Your version would go looking for 'mast', and failing that, just 'naked'. The second one would try to look for the 'illegal' tag 'mastnaked'. :D

The problem with 'strict=True' is that it can fail if there are no suitable images at all. If you're sure you do, it's fine. If not, add an alternative tag, like in ("mast", "naked", ...).

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Don't you get the girl mix update message? I think you just mess with the mixes, either when that message comes up or manually from the main menu.

gruntcy

Jul 30, 2018
for those girls with their actual name highlighted in yellow, are the traits hardcoded or are they randomly generated when those girls appear any week? Just curious.....

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
The game generates girls in two modes. "Original" and "clones".

Original girls always have the girl's original name. Her name is displayed in yellow, and the first, yellow trait comes from a different pool of more powerful traits.

Clones have normal colored names, randomized names, and the both positive traits are drawn from the pool of more common traits.

The traits are only "hardcoded" if the pack maker sets them up that way for a given girl. But we are generally discouraged from doing that, as it makes the given girl predictable and more boring.

That said, just recently someone was talking about having a character where the character is canonically always naked. To reflect that in the game they wanted to set her up to always have the Naturist trait, and wanted to know if that would work. It would.

Last edited:

gruntcy

Jul 30, 2018
The game generates girls in two modes. "Original" and "clones".

Original girls always have the girl's original name. Her name is displayed in yellow, and the first, yellow trait comes from a different pool of more powerful traits.

Clones have normal colored names, randomized names, and the both positive traits are drawn from the pool of more common traits.

The traits are only "hardcoded" if the pack maker sets them up that way for a given girl. But we are generally discouraged from doing that, as it makes the given girl predictable and more boring.

That said, just recently someone was talking about having a character where the character if canonically always naked. To reflect that in the game they wanted to set her up to always have the Naturist trait, and wanted to know if that would work. It would.
thanks for the thorough explanation! And their preferences and tastes..., say one girl loves fetish but hates oral, follow the same rules? I mean, are they random? Or can those be hardcoded too?

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
In the girl packs there is the ability to add a text file that programs all sorts of things for the given girl. I always include one, if only to set up the girl's name. If it's not set up in that file, then the game uses the pack's directory name to try to figure out her name, and I don't like taking that chance.

That said there are a lot of other things that can be programmed for the girl. For preferences and tastes there are generally five levels that can be given to any particular preference or trait. "Neutral" is the default, where no special value is given to a preference/trait. Beyond that is "Always", "Often", "Rarely", and "Never".

"Always" is strongly discouraged from ever being used. I think I have used it only once. Ariel mermaid I gave always to "Always Wet" trait, in good part as a joke since the "Wet" here does not mean the "wet" that it would for a mermaid. But it was too good of a gag to pass up.

OTOH I do use "Never" at times. As an example Queen Tyr'ahnee from Duck Dodgers. She canonically has no mouth. So I used "Never" to prevent her from ever favoring anything having to do with oral sex.

Beyond that I use "Often" and "Rarely" to make given preferences more or less common for girls.

That said, far more often than not I don't bother doing much more than setting up the name in the file when I build out my packs.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: gruntcy

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
To more directly answer your question, it would absolutely be possible to use the a girl's programming file to dictate exactly how she spawns. And to thus have her spawn in exactly the same manner every time. And that would be a bit boring, and is thus discouraged. Instead we try to influence her generation a bit, preventing or diminishing the commonality of things contrary to the character and promoting things that fit her character, without actually dictating exactly how she spawns.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
thanks for the thorough explanation! And their preferences and tastes..., say one girl loves fetish but hates oral, follow the same rules? I mean, are they random? Or can those be hardcoded too?
To more directly answer your question, it would absolutely be possible to use the a girl's programming file to dictate exactly how she spawns.
That's not actually quite true. Preferences are procedurally generated, and you can influence them via setting fixations, personality, sexual experience level, freedom, maybe something else I'm forgetting. And there's a little sanity check that makes Naturists not hate nudity and Virgins be inexperienced with sex.

There is still a random component, but it's far from being the only factor, and neither does the .ini determine everything. Goes for other things as well, like exact stats, likes/dislikes, background story, etc.

Benlex

Oct 14, 2019
One question, what is the income penalty? I don't remember this was a thing in the previous verisons

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
It's always been a thing. It just wasn't explicitly displayed.

Common causes are Hunter Moon and possibly Bast as your trainer.

Doomdork

Sep 30, 2017
In keeping with the theme of no theme, here's a bunch of random shit

Monster Hunter
Name: Minoto and Hinoa
364 Pictures and 9 Videos (Rating A+)
profile friend (00007).jpg
Mega:

Final Fantasy XIV
Name: Angelise Reiter
312 Pictures (Rating A+)
profile dom (00001).jpg
Mega:

League of Legends
Name: Vex
330 Pictures and 10 Video (Rating B+)
profile (00004).jpg
Mega:

Pokemon
Name: Zeraora
260 Pictures and 18 Videos (Rating B+)
profile (00000).jpg
Mega:

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: gruntcy and Misty

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
Updates:

- Fixes for custom events (less fade more dissolve, proper naked filters)
- New pictures/animations for all packs (10 on average with Jinx getting the most, about 30)

@Leortha, in the girl pack spreadsheet, could I ask you to copy a little note for all my packs (except WoW packs) in the "comments" section pls? "Comes with special events" or something like that.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
earliestbird555: You might want to use the new 'automagic girl directory path' as described . The actual name of the function seems to have changed to 'get_current_folder' for the patch.

Reactions: __neronero

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
earliestbird555: You might want to use the new 'automagic girl directory path' as described . The actual name of the function seems to have changed to 'get_current_folder' for the patch.
Does my current method of static directory paths still work tho? If nothing is broken, I would leave things as they currently are and try this new automatic path sometime later.

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes