Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes
Jun 4, 2019
If you could add something from any other game (whatever, from art style to writing to a certain mechanic, etc) to Brothel King to make it your ideal game, what would it be?

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
0.2 new patch (link above): introducing new set of tags

"market" - for the market
"advertise" - for events in front of the brothel
"date" - for events with the player
"hurt" - when a customer is not stopped by security
"virgin" - since you already have loss of virginity in the game
"beach", "nature", and "town" (for events)
"cunnilingus" (as a new fixation)
"xq", "hq", "lq"

Reactions: X2

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
There are no 'console codes'. The console is a Python interpreter, you can do full-on programming in there. Like this:
Code:
for girl in game.free_girls:
    girl.love = 100
    girl.name += '♥'
    girl.tire(100)

Silito13

Aug 9, 2016
There are no 'console codes'. The console is a Python interpreter, you can do full-on programming in there. Like this:
Code:
    girl.love = 100
    girl.name += '♥'
    girl.tire(100)
So where would I put the code?

Buck7986

Feb 1, 2020
girl.love = 100

How would I address a specific girl object in memory? I have found that if I open the console while talking to a girl, that object can always be addressed as ‘girl’.

What I do is: Making sure I’m talking to her. Then open the console and type ‘girl.name’ to make sure it is the right one. And then whatever stats I need to change like girl.love = …

Is there a better way? (I feel like I should be able to address any object regardless of what I’m actually doing in-game at any time.)

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
How would I address a specific girl object in memory?
By referencing her. ' MC.girls[0] ', ' slavemarket.girls[-3] ', ' game.free_girls[2] ', ' MC.escaped_girls[-1] ', ' farm.girls[1] ', etc.

I have found that if I open the console while talking to a girl, that object can always be addressed as ‘girl’.
I'm not sure 'girl' always works, the code is littered with 'girl'-s. What I usually use is 'selected_girl'.

Silito13

Aug 9, 2016
I didn't. I don't think it works through the console.

But it does work in a 'real' python script that you can invoke from the console.
Apologies for my noobness with this but how would I do that? I have created the script in a file (freegirls.sh) with the code

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
...how would I do that? I have created the script in a file (freegirls.sh)...
You need an .rpy file somewhere in the 'game' directory that looks roughly like this:
Code:
init 0 python:
    def free_girl_love_boost():
            girl.love = 100
            girl.fullname += '♥'
            girl.tire(100)
At least for me, it won't work in 0.2 because Goldo has left a bug in 'tire()'. :(

If 0.15b also has that bug, 0.15b does have the same bug, so you need to have played for a while. Or just delete the last line. Exhausting the girls because they have to fill out 'my love increased' forms in triplicate might not be required in your jurisdiction. :p

Then you just enter 'free_girl_love_boost()' in the console and voilà, they all love you and changed their names to reflect that.

Last edited:

Aeduaard

Jul 29, 2019
I really hope there will be more content for sill perhaps maybe sex one feel really bad that there's no way to fuck sill even though she our first slave

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
I really hope there will be more content for sill perhaps maybe sex one feel really bad that there's no way to fuck sill even though she our first slave
Considering, like all the characters in the game, Sill is just another character plucked out of a different H-game, someone went a different way about making that happen. Namely, they created a girl-pack for her. :)

Technically you would be interacting with a different instance of her, and not actually doing so with the MC's #1 slave, but at the moment it's the best choice available. :)

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
Can this be put in the current build of the game?
also how can i check my game's current patch, it has been a while since i've touched the game.
Goldo, the main dev, has made it clear that his focus moving forward is on 0.2. He has no intention of back-fixing anything into the older versions. He has said that if someone else wants to do backfixes, they could, but at this point I have seen no indication of any intent to do such from any of the others like JMan9 or DougTheC who have the knowledge and skill to do so.

I have the skill. I'm a programmer by profession. But in a way that's the problem. Programming is what I do 9-5 for a paycheck. While I could learn Ren'py easily enough, doing so would be far too much like my day job. And I contribute to this project as a measure of enjoyment. Getting into the programming side of the project would make the project "work" to me. So I very deliberately avoid digging into the game code at any point.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
I'm afraid there's no direct way to know which version you are currently playing, until an error message shows up: in that case you can find your game version at the log's bottom.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
If you manage to do it without crashing, you're definitely an avatar of the Machine God. :geek:

also how can i check my game's current patch, it has been a while since i've touched the game.
You can't. Goldo doesn't do patch sub-versions, so the only thing you can find out for sure is the 'main' version. This can be had from a crash log or you can just look into options.rpy and find the line saying 'config.version = ...'. You can also type 'config.version' into the console, if it's faster for you.

...no indication of any intent to do such from any of the others like JMan9 or ...
I think Jman is the only one crazy enough to try back-porting, but he's only going to do it for Bonanza. And Jman has other projects right now, so whether updating happens next year, or the one after that... It definitely won't happen before 0.2 stabilizes + about two months, that's for sure.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
I can post fixes for significant 0.15b problems, though the fixes may be somewhat hard to find, and would be in the thread.

You can sort your /game folder to find out if you have the latest main 0.15b distribution patch, with most-recent-updated source files BKstart.rpy and BKgirl_class.rpy from October 20, 2019. That update patch is available from F95Zone's OP.

Changing over to the beta-test ver. 0.2 would get the recent fixes and some chapter 2 events, but will have more bugs to deal with than the more-stable 0.15b release.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 44 Votes