Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Buck7986

Feb 1, 2020
Most or all progress beyond what you have seen is restricted to those with same alignment as Satella: worshippers of Shalia. Otherwise, you will get repeated game nights, instead of finite Satella arc.
Yes, I'm with team Shalia. I seems that other things are holding me back.

There's also a funny scene if you lose a particular game, but have bought a lightning rod or have enough magic skill. (Edit: As Jman9 says, this is involved in progression for Shalia-worshippers also.)
I've been save scumming to always win the dice game but only losing the game will trigger Satella's thunderbolt attack. That's why I didn't progress! (That and the fact that I don't have the skills or the lighting rod to counter her attack).

Apparently, what triggers the thunderbolt attack is:
  • You lose the dice game
  • You win the tag game
  • When playing rock paper scissors, you need to get her to cheat and then call her out on it
The Cimerian scrap can be sold to someone you meet in and who remains in the Junkyard. You could also gift it to her, but no use made of her love points yet. More Cimerian stuff she gets, more she researches.
Thanks! I found the scientist.

edit: Anyone else having this? I cannot use the debug console in a meaningful way because as soon as I type 'o' the keyboard shortcut kicks in and exits the console.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Anyone else having this? I cannot use the debug console in a meaningful way because as soon as I type 'o'
I've heard people complain about it, but I don't recall what - if anything - they did to solve the issue.

You can always just type the commands somewhere else and paste them into the console.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I downloaded Ren'Py separately
If it works for you, good. But this is risky due to possible version conflicts between what the game is developed for and what you're actually running. At the very least, it'll make any bug report from you somewhat dubious. :(

I'd look into keymaps and old persistent settings before trying such 'extreme' measures.

Reactions: Buck7986

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
It's something on your end. I just tried, and could register just fine.

Contact the HHS admin if this issue persists.

Buck7986

Feb 1, 2020
Who can tell me how I can be successful with a 'bad' alignment (if that's even possible)? I noticed that when I try to rule through fear, it just becomes harder to train the girls, because they eventually hate me. I can't see the upside of being bad.

I noticed this in a lot of games that offer me a good and a bad route (that are supposedly both viable), that as soon as I turn evil, the game becomes a lot harder because the NPCs then hate me. Then I just turn around and take the good route because it is just easier that way.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Who can tell me how I can be successful with a 'bad' alignment
...take the good route because it is just easier that way.
Play Bonanza and recruit only masochists. Last I recall, that was pretty broken, probably the best way to play if you're only after money. :cool:

Vanilla 'badguys' have a difficult time, yes. Recruiting masochists is still a good idea, but the options and rewards are a lot more limited.

fear
hate me.
You're not doing it right, then, because fear and hate are two different things. You can build one while lowering the other. This is essentially what masochist girls are all about.

I can't see the upside of being bad.
Fear becomes more powerful and love less so. Otherwise, I don't recall anything truly noteworthy in vanilla.

Goldo has admitted that Warriors and the 'evil' alignment need some love. If and when that love is going to manifest, who knows?

Reactions: Buck7986

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
New patch for 0.2:

new feature: difficulty settings - now it's possible to choose at which difficulty to play

lilithsparda

May 29, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/BKmain.rpy", line 1262, in script call
    call slave_interact(girl) from _call_slave_interact
  File "game/BKinteractions.rpy", line 414, in script
    $ topic = ui.interact()
  File "game/BKinteractions.rpy", line 414, in <module>
    $ topic = ui.interact()
Exception: Grid overfull.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/BKmain.rpy", line 1262, in script call
    call slave_interact(girl) from _call_slave_interact
  File "game/BKinteractions.rpy", line 414, in script
    $ topic = ui.interact()
  File "F:\GAME\bk\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "F:\GAME\bk\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/BKinteractions.rpy", line 414, in <module>
    $ topic = ui.interact()
  File "F:\GAME\bk\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "F:\GAME\bk\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2649, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "F:\GAME\bk\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3132, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "F:\GAME\bk\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2055, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 485, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 233, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "F:\GAME\bk\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 717, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 145, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "F:\GAME\bk\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 669, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "F:\GAME\bk\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1117, in render
    st, at)
  File "F:\GAME\bk\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 919, in render
    surf = render(d, width - x, rh, cst, cat)
  File "F:\GAME\bk\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 429, in render
    raise Exception("Grid overfull.")
Exception: Grid overfull.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Brothel King 0.15b
Fri Nov 06 13:20:25 2020
what do i have to do to make this go away ?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
0.2 version link
Comes up periodically in the thread. Be warned that you'll be getting a pile more errors if you go that way, since 0.2 is in beta and seems to be especially unstable for the last few weeks.

If you just want to play without too much hassle and aren't hankering for the extra features, just stick with 0.15b, make regular saves (or use autosaves) and restart the game when you hit the grid error. I can tell you how to try to fix 0.15b, but that way you become my beta-tester. :p

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I think the precise cause of the bug was never identified, so who knows? Goldo did make the tuple -> list change towards the end of 0.15b, which presumably did fix at least a lot of it.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
new patch for 0.2:

introducing advanced training even if girls don't have any positive fixations

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
0.2 patch fixing Willow event:

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
New patch for 0.2, almost everything fixed so far:

If things run smoothly the new version will be released as soon as Goldo completes the storyline for chapter 2, which is already at a good point.

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes