Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Otomo

Dec 17, 2017
the 0.2 version send lot of errors messages. I installed the patch...
How I could fix the problem, if it's possible ?

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
Unfortunately "lot of error messages" is far too vague to let us have any idea of what is happening to you. There are so many possibilities.

Please find the first error message you get, and copy the entire text of the message into a post. That would give people here at least a starting point to maybe assist you.

Reactions: Jman9

Darkone123

Oct 26, 2018
Don't worry guys, I've made a build with new ren'py version and BK latest update already included, here's the link:

I've also asked mods for OP update including this link and the one for the updates on mediafire, deleting all other not working download sources.

Apparently there are no more UI issues in this build; I also uploaded a mac version but couldn't test it, let me know if it works.
Thank you. Would it also be possible to link the latest version of the King's Way Mod which can be used with this version of Brothel King you just posted? I kind am kind of lost about which version of King's Way Mod is the latest version.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
I haven't tested king's way with new ren'py build and latest patch yet, anyway you can find the link here:

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Mods have updated the OP (thanks guys!).
Since nopy is definitely shut down, you can find the latest patch in the FAQ post - link for FAQ is in the OP

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
A crash without error logs makes me think about a memory issue; try to get the build I linked a few posts above (which includes new ren'py version and latest BK patch) and see if something changes. A new game is required since there's no compatibility with older versions saves

Perdurabo

May 4, 2017
A crash without error logs makes me think about a memory issue; try to get the build I linked a few posts above (which includes new ren'py version and latest BK patch) and see if something changes. A new game is required since there's no compatibility with older versions saves
Oh, no, there's a log. A HUGE log. It CTDs and leaves a long text document.

All of it seems to come to the following two errors.

ScriptError: could not find label 'c3_suzume_hint'.

KeyError: u'c3_contact_homura'

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Oh, no, there's a log. A HUGE log. It CTDs and leaves a long text document.

All of it seems to come to the following two errors.

ScriptError: could not find label 'c3_suzume_hint'.

KeyError: u'c3_contact_homura'
For first error,
(Edit: Both errors now fixed (Apr 2022) by updating with base code plus patch from and starting new game; less complicated if installed to new folder and game/girls folder copied/moved to new location.)

you could manually edit game\BKchapter2.rpy
Line 5510:
Code:
            $ story_add_event("c3_suzume_hint")
to add "pass # " (which comments-out remaining line after "pass" non-operation)
Code:
            pass #  $ story_add_event("c3_suzume_hint")
, and delete file game\BKchapter2.rpyc to force recompile, then exit and re-run/load saved game; that should work for now.

The second error has this initial response from the dev:
This is a hook for Chapter3, it shouldn't activate normally. Does it happen if you don't use the unlock cheat? (You can fix it simply by entering "plaza.action=False" in the console, without quotes)
(After loading a save from before the error. Console is accessed by Control-o (letter o) from most screens.)

Odd that it does CTD and not just to Ren'Py debug/console choice.

Last edited:

Perdurabo

May 4, 2017
Yeah. Meet all the kunoichi 3 times, raise 5 grand, let the dude have a night with someone who's 50+ across the board, click 'advance'.

Then it starts happening, and if you try to 'ignore' it CTDs, if you try to rollback, it'll CTD when you try to do something else.

Seems it REALLY doesn't like those errors.

Sgrodolo

Sep 1, 2017
The text on the top right on the screen is always cut in half, i can't read item descriptions and whatever. Any idea why?

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Once again, get BK release I linked a few posts above, the one with the latest ren'py build. It is not an update, you don't have (and shouldn't) overwrite an existing copy of the game. Unzip it in a new folder, put some girl packs in. Old saves don't work.

Edit: I've added a modified BKchapter2.rpy to fix what Perdurabo reported.

Last edited:
Reactions: Misty

Perdurabo

May 4, 2017
Yeah, that's what I'm using. I went through the paces. Everything up to the 3rd chapter (wip) stuff works fine and dandy. I'll likely go in and do the edits to make it stop getting hung up on hooks for stuff that's not there yet, but still figured it's best if it's brought to you all's attention.

Reactions: Kite80

Darkone123

Oct 26, 2018
I haven't tested king's way with new ren'py build and latest patch yet, anyway you can find the link here:
I have another question if you do not mind. First of all, a praise. The new renpy build you uploaded a few post above works absolutly brilliant for me. Great work.

I just ask myself if the "King's Way" 2.0 version is the latest version for this newest build of Brothel King. Why am I saying this?

I remember using another renpy build of Brothel King which was very buggy but in fact the King's Way mod was much better with this buggy build. In concreto, there was an option to bypass the training limit of I think 3 interactions per the slave girl per day. I think it was called "free actions" and/or "automaticall refill actions" or something like this. This was a very handy thing to have. The new renpy build with the 2.0 King's Way Mod does not seem to offer this option anylonger.

If I am not mistaken, it was in the Section "King's Way Options". But in the 2.0 build of the mod, you may only change the widget position there.

Sorry if this sounds a bit clumsy but it is hard to explain.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Got your point, don't worry; King's Way was build a long time ago by another user, don't know exactly in which ren'py build, then I modified to adapt it for BK 0.2, making a lot of UI changes but leaving almost intact the functions I found still working. As soon as I can I'll give a deep look into them and see what needs to be changed and what can be improved; meanwhile guys feel free to give me more details about what you'd like to have in this mod.

Reactions: Darkone123
4.60 star(s) 44 Votes