Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I downloaded the game from here and the patch.
Glad to hear it worked, whichever 'it' that was. Do note that the very latest game and patch aren't in the OP, but rather hidden away here ATM.

[near gibberish]
I'm not sure I understand what you're asking for here. How to cheat without disabling achievements, how to cheat while away from the 'home' screen, how to cheat for achievements, how to reset interactions without going through the cheat menu? Or you're just curious whether anything has changed in 'the new' version, compared to some other unspecified version you have in mind? And don't actually want anything else but a yes/no answer to that?

palamito

Aug 28, 2019
Glad to hear it worked, whichever 'it' that was. Do note that the very latest game and patch aren't in the OP, but rather hidden away here ATM.

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking for here. How to cheat without disabling achievements, how to cheat while away from the 'home' screen, how to cheat for achievements, how to reset interactions without going through the cheat menu? Or you're just curious whether anything has changed in 'the new' version, compared to some other unspecified version you have in mind? And don't actually want anything else but a yes/no answer to that?
So I rephrase the question (I know my English sucks) I didn't say if you can activate the archives with the cheat, I just specified that in the new version, by clicking "?" in the cheat menu there is the writing "MAIN SCREEN ONLY" next to it, before it will not be there. This only limits me in the main screen if I have to use the cheat, not everywhere anymore, I'm saying if you can remove this limit, or in the new version it is. PS never played the games with the cheats, FIRST I finish them and unlock all the archives, THEN I start again with the cheats out of curiosity ... well everyone has Steam, and I know it's not nice to finish the games with the tricks I know that the archives don't will be unlocked. Besides that it would be boring.

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
If you just simply want to have a cheat menu anywhere just change BKhelp.rpy line 38 to something like "Cheat Menu". But i think Goldo put it like that for a reason.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
So I rephrase the question (I know my English sucks) I didn't say if you can activate the archives with the cheat, I just specified that in the new version, by clicking "?" in the cheat menu there is the writing "MAIN SCREEN ONLY" next to it, before it will not be there.
The developer has told me that the cheats in that menu should only be used from the main (home) screen, and I have gotten some strange results when doing things like resetting girls' portrait pics from a different screen. He says that the cheats can't be easily written to work on just every screen. This seems like it will stay this way.

palamito

Aug 28, 2019
The developer has told me that the cheats in that menu should only be used from the main (home) screen, and I have gotten some strange results when doing things like resetting girls' portrait pics from a different screen. He says that the cheats can't be easily written to work on just every screen. This seems like it will stay this way.
This I wanted to know. Thx.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
I seem to be stuck after finishing a contract, I get a summary and my reward and then my game just doesn't progress. I don't get any crash or an exception. Just sitting on a summary score without an option to progress. Does anyone know what can be done with this?
There's supposed to be an 'OK' button at the bottom. Are you using a custom resolution?

If it was up to me, I'd put that 'OK' button to the right, where there's a bunch of empty space.
Yes, try running it after resetting to an older-standard resolution, or seeing if you can use something similar to mousewheel-scroll to show the "OK" button so you can click on it.

My two laptops' touch pads have different setups to simulate mousewheel scrolling; I look it up when absolutely necessary.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
No viewport or vpgrid in that screen, so no scrolling.

BTW, if Goldo happens to read this, I recently learned that vpgrid is 'better' than viewport because it doesn't constantly redraw stuff that's off-screen. Might be worth using for item lists, for example.

LoWacska

Aug 15, 2020
Can someone help me please?

I've tried putting # pass on 5510 line and deleting RPYC file.

This error happens after I advanced to chapter 3 and try to sleep a night, error comes exactly after night ends and auto activation spells text plays.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 1026, in script call
call play_events(type = "morning") from _call_play_events_1 # Note: Morning events are set with the new day's date: beware of the confusion
File "game/BKevents.rpy", line 660, in script call
call display_events(ev_list) from _call_display_events
File "game/BKevents.rpy", line 672, in script call
$ ev.play()
call play_events(type = "morning") from _call_play_events_1 # Note: Morning events are set with the new day's date: beware of the confusion
$ ev.play()
ScriptError: could not find label 'c3_suzume_hint'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 652, in main
run(restart)
File "renpy/main.py", line 148, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "renpy/execution.py", line 922, in run_context
context.run()
$ ev.play()
$ ev.play()
File "renpy/script.py", line 918, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'c3_suzume_hint'.

Windows-10-10.0.18362
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Brothel King 0.2 v211126
Sat Apr 2 00:53:20 2022
Go to game/ folder find the BKchapter2.rpy file, open with text editor, scroll to the bottom, paste this two line of code:

Code:
label c3_suzume_hint():
    return
Save the file and close. Delete the BKchapter2.rpyc (not the same file, careful). You can play, have fun!

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
You can play, have fun!
... and miss out on the entirety of this year's updates, at the very least. If these two lines aren't there already, you're running a several-months old version of 0.2, or worse.

Rupert_

Jun 30, 2018
Yes, try running it after resetting to an older-standard resolution, or seeing if you can use something similar to mousewheel-scroll to show the "OK" button so you can click on it.

My two laptops' touch pads have different setups to simulate mousewheel scrolling; I look it up when absolutely necessary.
I play on the older standard resolution tho, I also tried to change the description of the contract to make the description smaller, still doesn't show.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
If you want to try to resolve this on your own, edit your BKscreens.rpy with a non-formatting text editor or IDE (Notepad++, Atom, Sublime Text, Jupyter, etc), find screen contract_result(contract, x=450): and play around with the settings a bit. Set x to 500, description font to something smaller than res_font(12), the first ypadding 10 to ypadding 0, etc.

This will most likely get resolved by Goldo sometime soon-ish.

That was fast! If every bug got that kind of service... :devilish:

Last edited:

goldo00

Aug 9, 2019
Sorry to the people who had to step on a landmine, and thank you for your contribution to the cause!

Here is a new hotfix fixing the game-breaking bugs:

I also caught at least one faulty implementation of the translation feature (unreported so far), so I'm not sure I should have trusted those changes wholesale. I expect more glitches to come up, this will take a while I'm afraid.

Evergrey

Aug 7, 2016
shouldn't there be something that could manage girls fear to fit your certain playthrough?? maybe add like a drug den construction that can lower or increase fear coz managing fear at like near end game is kinda annoying

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Monster Juice. I suppose it could be considered a drug, even.

Automating away parts of the game is a very fine line, and then others will want different parts of the game automated. Which would mean a ton of dev time going into it. I'd rather have the rest of the story, an official Headhunter, more Kosmo, etc.

Evergrey

Aug 7, 2016
i know monster juice exist the problem i have is that managing like 30+ girls who constantly have increasing fear is kinda annoying and tedious especially at like end game like rank S or X

having a drug den kindoff structure in your brothel that produces or purchases then distributes drugs to lower or increase fear would be quite handy

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
i know monster juice exist the problem i have is that managing like 30+ girls...
That isn't limited to fear. If you have so many girls, you've pretty much dug yourself into the 'too much management' hole. So you must either like that much management in the first place, or you got greedy. :p

I did have something like a solution to this in my mod. Made fear and love revert to mood, not 0 (well, trust to mood for non-masochists, actually). And allowed girls to auto-use consumables in their inventory.

OTOH, if your issue is increasing fear, I don't know what your problem is. If you want high fear, that's exactly what the doctor ordered, right?

Evergrey

Aug 7, 2016
i never said i wanted high fear in fact most of my playthroughs i play managing low fear and well i prefer to keep the girls happy for immersion sake if i want to play a good character

also isn't the point of the game to "Collect them all" in fact my main money makers are the girls that do both normal jobs and whore out and only leave like the last 4 slots to manage via getting them in and out of the farm to get them to do the monthly posting gig

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
i never said i wanted high fear
So what exactly do you want, then? Fear is going towards 'low fear' all the time in the background. Maybe you want high trust, instead, but high trust isn't really of much mechanical benefit. And if you want it for the warm fuzzy feeling, I think expecting you to put in some work to constantly max a girl isn't unreasonable.

Happiness is probably more about mood than fear/trust, I think.

How many girls you want is mostly up to you. The game scales your expenses up with increasing girl number via upkeep, taxes and miscellaneous expenses, so the benefits are sorta diminishing compared to how much IRL management you have to do.

I think others have said that there's a break-point around 8-12 girls or so when it starts to be more trouble than a casual playthrough is worth, and there's no longer a strong individual attachment to all of them.

xelayna

Jul 19, 2017
Once you get to King's Hold brothel, is it normal for the background (tavern, strip club, onsen and okiya) to not show anymore?
I Advanced and it now shows them as complete black backgrounds.
v220228. I know we have an update, but curious if this is normal for the version.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Once you get to King's Hold brothel, is it normal for the background (tavern, strip club, onsen and okiya) to not show anymore?
I Advanced and it now shows them as complete black backgrounds.
v220228. I know we have an update, but curious if this is normal for the version.
One possibility is that you have base game from "v 0.2 test," but patched with v220228 from "v 0.2 release," and your brothel has a less than "clean" status.

Check game/brothels/rooms to see if you're missing room version files like tavern_dirty.webp, tavern_dusty.webp which should be from proper v 0.2 release base game.

If missing, you need to install latest base game (not yet on F95zone OP), followed by v220228 or experimental latest patch (will need to start new game since now v 0.2 release).
Installing into a new folder and moving over your game/girls folder is least complicated.
Otherwise, you have to delete all "game/*.rpyc" files to force Ren'Py recompile.

Link for

v220228 patch from this post
Attached is what is formally known as the "v220228" patch if you need it and don't want to experiment with the recent "different resolutions" patch.

View attachment 1739392

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 44 Votes