Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
when the first girl work for the first time the game starts giving you windows of you learning new spells and stuff and freezes...

in the new version it happen with both the normal and the patched game and I played a new game not loaded from any previous versions
I redownloaded the patch and tried. No infinite spell loop.

So I suspect you've messed with something else you didn't really know not to mess with. If you truly can't find out what, delete all your .rpyc (not .rpy!) files, confirm that the bug happens again, then save just before it happens and upload the save and all your .rpy files here. I'll take a look.

Reactions: Artiour

Artiour

Sep 24, 2017
I redownloaded the patch and tried. No infinite spell loop.

So I suspect you've messed with something else you didn't really know not to mess with. If you truly can't find out what, delete all your .rpyc (not .rpy!) files, confirm that the bug happens again, then save just before it happens and upload the save and all your .rpy files here. I'll take a look.
something I edited that worked in the previous version
now it doesnt
thank you
its back to normal

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
how do i get rid of negative fixation?
This is done by first uncovering the negative fixation, for example by using Advanced Training in girl interaction for sex acts (or at half-cost through Master Bedroom Advanced training).
Then the negative fixation will show in her magic notebook, and a training option will appear, "Remove negative fixation".

Using this option (about 3 times successfully) will remove the negative fixation (phobia), and result in more cooperation in most sex acts.

No removal of positive fixations has been discussed for vanilla, non-mod BK.

Reactions: __neronero

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
With high enough obedience (~75) even the girl will tell you when you ask about her tastes. The removal is the same.

p_p_p

Feb 11, 2018
Can someone help me please?

I've tried putting # pass on 5510 line and deleting RPYC file.

This error happens after I advanced to chapter 3 and try to sleep a night, error comes exactly after night ends and auto activation spells text plays.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 1026, in script call
call play_events(type = "morning") from _call_play_events_1 # Note: Morning events are set with the new day's date: beware of the confusion
File "game/BKevents.rpy", line 660, in script call
call display_events(ev_list) from _call_display_events
File "game/BKevents.rpy", line 672, in script call
$ ev.play()
call play_events(type = "morning") from _call_play_events_1 # Note: Morning events are set with the new day's date: beware of the confusion
$ ev.play()
ScriptError: could not find label 'c3_suzume_hint'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 652, in main
run(restart)
File "renpy/main.py", line 148, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "renpy/execution.py", line 922, in run_context
context.run()
$ ev.play()
$ ev.play()
File "renpy/script.py", line 918, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.18362
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Brothel King 0.2 v211126
Sat Apr 2 00:53:20 2022

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
+

This error happens after I advanced to chapter 3 and try to sleep a night, error comes exactly after night ends and auto activation spells text plays.

While running game code:
$ ev.play()
$ ev.play()

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 652, in main
run(restart)
File "renpy/main.py", line 148, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "renpy/execution.py", line 922, in run_context
context.run()
$ ev.play()
$ ev.play()
File "renpy/script.py", line 918, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.18362
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Brothel King 0.2 v211126

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018

While running game code:
$ ev.play()

Windows-10-10.0.18362
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Brothel King 0.2 v211126
I edited my December 2021 (!) post that had a preliminary try at a fix, to indicate downloading latest base code +patch from BK forum & starting new game.

p_p_p, good try in first using the search for key words in F95zone, but later discussions of the fix had better solutions.

p_p_p

Feb 11, 2018
+
I edited my December 2021 (!) post that had a preliminary try at a fix, to indicate downloading latest base code +patch from BK forum & starting new game.

p_p_p, good try in first using the search for key words in F95zone, but later discussions of the fix had better solutions.
I've only searched "could not find label 'c3_suzume_hint'" in google and it just led me to f95. I actually hate f95 search, worst search I've ever used.

p_p_p

Feb 11, 2018
I've downloaded latest game and applied patch too, but it heavily catching freezes and lags in the Girls menu for some reason (CPU Usage goes up heavily too) , does anyone know reason for this and fix if possible?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I've downloaded latest game and applied patch too, but it heavily catching freezes and lags ... does anyone know reason for this and fix if possible?
Might be the 'nopredict' issue. Doug posted a fix here. Or could just be generic performance problems. A recent about those.

I've only searched "could not find label 'c3_suzume_hint'" in google and it just led me to f95. I actually hate f95 search, worst search I've ever used.
It's not that bad. Not Google-level, but if you'd searched this thread, the first two responses would have been me being snarky that people can't use the search to find out that the problem has been fixed a while ago already. Apparently, that inability is actually genuine, not just laziness. :cautious:

• Red Heart
Reactions: p_p_p

Ravenhide

Aug 28, 2018
So is HHS just dead right now? Tried to go there to download the latest patch and it just comes back with a "connection timed out" error. I noticed my game warning me that I'm playing an "unpatched version of the game". I'm not sure why I'm getting that warning considering I just did a fresh install and grabbed what should have been the most recent patch from
vadi9203 above me, but I've noticed that even despite using the console to set my story stuff to "none" I can't seem to proceed to Chapter 3. That old man just doesn't seem to be around anywhere for me to trigger moving to a new brothel.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
So is HHS just dead right now?
Appears to be, since earlier today. I'd let the HHS+ folks try to sort it out first, it's their playground. Maybe Zythen died, maybe he has hardware issues, maybe he hasn't gotten the notification yet, who knows?

I noticed my game warning me that I'm playing an "unpatched version of the game".

...I can't seem to proceed to Chapter 3.
If you're getting that message, you didn't install the patch or did it incorrectly. The issue with Papa Freak is most likely due to that. Or maybe you're not as far along in the story as you think you are.

Ravenhide

Aug 28, 2018
Appears to be, since earlier today. I'd let the HHS+ folks try to sort it out first, it's their playground. Maybe Zythen died, maybe he has hardware issues, maybe he hasn't gotten the notification yet, who knows?

If you're getting that message, you didn't install the patch or did it incorrectly. The issue with Papa Freak is most likely due to that. Or maybe you're not as far along in the story as you think you are.
I was under the impression that if I went ahead and used the console to clear the ninja events (because I DID NOT feel like doing it again on my new save) then the only thing that would be required of me was the 5k gold before I'd be able to move on to Chapter 3. So I guess for right now I'm just boned. Oh well.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
What exactly did you console? Because Papa Freak is unlocked during a ninja event, so if you half-assed something, you did it to yourself. :)

Did you get the warehouse&Gina dialogue? If not, that's the problem right there.

Use the caltrops to clear the ninjas with no fuss. That's what they're meant for.

goldo00

Aug 9, 2019
Hi guys, just to let you know that a new patch is available. Can't announce it on HHS since the forum is down.

Here are the release notes:
Here is a new patch, introducing many changes under the hood (link in my signature). You might want to sit this one out for a few days if you have a stable game and want to continue your save, until all bugs are ironed out.

Outside of bug fixes, the main changes concern adding translation support (following recommendations by ____) and adjustments for different resolutions from the vanilla one (following the general idea that he had, but with a different implementation).

You can change the resolution by editing _BKsettings.rpy. The feature is still incomplete, you will easily see some rough edges, but it will be playable. The idea is that with help and feedback from people playing at different resolutions, I can progressively improve the feature until such time that we can make it fully operational.
The link is the usual one. I would post the link, but this is a new profile so the forum won't let me. Hopefully Jman or someone else can share it.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Well, well... :sneaky:

Vadi conveniently just posted the links a little while ago:
+
Edit: I guess one thing that immediately looks off in 'non-standard' resolutions are the screen backgrounds. One way to deal with this would be to just scale these together with the resolution, pick some point to zoom into and display the backgrounds centered on that point.

Edit2: goldo00 You might want to claim ownership of this thread so we'll no longer have to deal with middlemen. There might be some sort of probation period, and I'm not sure they'll let you just post links nilly-willy without oversight, but it's worth a try.

Last edited:
Reactions: Minxin and Reij

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
I've downloaded latest game and applied patch too, but it heavily catching freezes and lags in the Girls menu for some reason (CPU Usage goes up heavily too) , does anyone know reason for this and fix if possible?
Might be the 'nopredict' issue. Doug posted a fix here. Or could just be generic performance problems. A recent about those.
Note that I just now edited my fix to (delete the file "game/BKmain.rpyc" to force recompile,) after extracting the replacement BKmain.rpy file, as Ren'Py will not recompile if *.rpy is earlier date than existing compiled *.rpyc file.

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes