Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

xxxtent

Feb 26, 2018
anyone know how to start the hinata event? i have the mod but i keep encountering her as a regular slave in the market or on the streets but the interactions are like regular girls. she has no special dialogues but in her events file there are different dialogues.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
anyone know how to start the hinata event? i have the mod but i keep encountering her as a regular slave in the market or on the streets but the interactions are like regular girls. she has no special dialogues but in her events file there are different dialogues.
I'm pretty sure that Hinata events only run for the Original (Gold-color name in city; gold trait in slavemarket) with _BK.ini supplied with Basic Girl Pack, or Kite80 pack. It adds a "visit room" button on Girls page, Interactions, Misc menu.

To use the custom background for all Hinatas including clones, change to have this in _BK.ini,
[cloning options]

keep_background = True
It will take effect for newly-generated clones.

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
I understand trying to stylize a game & stick with that theme. But why the hell would you choose to pixelate lewd images when you don't have to, just to keep within that style? Game stopper, regardless of if there are a portion of downloads that are not pixelated. This was a dumb design choice. It's not like this was a Japan-only professional release where the game required pixelation. Evidence the dev maybe watches too much Hentai & can't separate their fandom from good choices in game design.

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
Goldo has not pixilated anything. The game, and all girl packs reuse artwork taken from elsewhere. And a lot of the game's artwork is taken from Japanese games, thus the pixilation. It's very much a "beggers can't be choosers" situation.

Reactions: SenPC

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
In fact, if you feel so strongly about this and can get DeepCreamPy or something similar to work for you, I'm pretty sure Goldo wouldn't be averse to adding decensored versions to the game.

I found some decensored images of Evenicle and got Bast decensored a while ago, for example.

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
Goldo has not pixilated anything. The game, and all girl packs reuse artwork taken from elsewhere. And a lot of the game's artwork is taken from Japanese games, thus the pixilation. It's very much a "beggers can't be choosers" situation.
Fair enough. Thanks. I don't really follow hentai or anime (DL'd since I liked the game premise) so just figured this was original artwork from the creator. Makes sense now. Sorry, Dev (if they even read this).

Last edited:
Reactions: __neronero

Aeacus87

Dec 12, 2021
So I've just reinstalled this game and I get as far as the slave market and it just stops working. The screen goes to a wall of text, and after restore fails to work hitting ignore does the trick. Only once I get to the slave market there are no slaves for sale... I'm sure it's something I did I just have no idea what it could be.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I'm sure it's something I did I just have no idea what it could be.
Not following the instructions from the FAQ, most likely running old or incompatible patches. Possibly also a girl pack issue. No way to know from just 'a wall of text'.

Aeacus87

Dec 12, 2021
Sorry, I am not good with this stuff.
Full traceback:
File "game/BKstart.rpy", line 127, in script
$ enemy_general = get_girls(1, free=True, p_traits=["Caster"])[0]
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/BKstart.rpy", line 127, in <module>
File "game/BKfunctions.rpy", line 328, in get_girls
girl.randomize(free=free, p_traits=p_traits, n_trait=n_trait, perks=perks, level=lvl)
File "game/BKgirlclass.rpy", line 263, in randomize
self.refresh_pictures()
File "game/BKgirlclass.rpy", line 493, in refresh_pictures
self.portrait = self.get_pic("portrait", "profile", naked_filter = True, and_priority=False, soft=True)
File "game/BKgirlclass.rpy", line 1016, in get_pic
return get_pic(self, tags=tags, alt_tags1=alt_tags1, alt_tags2=alt_tags2, alt_tags3=alt_tags3, and_tags=and_tags, not_tags=not_tags, strict=strict, and_priority=and_priority, attempts=attempts, always_stock=always_stock)
File "game/BKfunctions.rpy", line 2736, in get_pic
piclist = get_pic_list(target, search_tags, and_tags, not_tags)
File "game/BKfunctions.rpy", line 2687, in get_pic_list
show_unrecognized = preferences.packstate_unrecognized != "Hide"
AttributeError: 'Preferences' object has no attribute 'packstate_unrecognized'

While running game code:
File "game/BKstart.rpy", line 127, in script
File "game/BKstart.rpy", line 127, in <module>
File "game/BKfunctions.rpy", line 328, in get_girls
girl.randomize(free=free, p_traits=p_traits, n_trait=n_trait, perks=perks, level=lvl)
File "game/BKgirlclass.rpy", line 263, in randomize
self.refresh_pictures()
File "game/BKgirlclass.rpy", line 493, in refresh_pictures
self.portrait = self.get_pic("portrait", "profile", naked_filter = True, and_priority=False, soft=True)
File "game/BKgirlclass.rpy", line 1016, in get_pic
return get_pic(self, tags=tags, alt_tags1=alt_tags1, alt_tags2=alt_tags2, alt_tags3=alt_tags3, and_tags=and_tags, not_tags=not_tags, strict=strict, and_priority=and_priority, attempts=attempts, always_stock=always_stock)
File "game/BKfunctions.rpy", line 2736, in get_pic
piclist = get_pic_list(target, search_tags, and_tags, not_tags)
File "game/BKfunctions.rpy", line 2687, in get_pic_list
show_unrecognized = preferences.packstate_unrecognized != "Hide"
AttributeError: 'Preferences' object has no attribute 'packstate_unrecognized'

Aeacus87

Dec 12, 2021
I'm not sure if this is right. Like I said I'm not good at this stuff, but I'm trying. It sucks cause I really liked the game.

#### GIRL CLASS FOR B KING ####################################################
## This is the girl class. ##################################################
## Others classes and functions are ##################################################
## in separate files. ##################################################

init -2 python:

## GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS! ##

class Girl(object): #Attributes: name, lastname, age, description, pictures, stats, status, inventory, character

"""This class is for free and working girls in the game. This should probably inherit from the NPC
class, but I'm not using inheritance."""

## CONSTRUCTOR METHODS

def __init__(self):

self.type = "girl"
self.effects = []
self.effect_dict = defaultdict(list)
self.traits = []
self.items = []
self.equipped = []
self.slots = girl_inventory_slots
self.current_food_effect = defaultdict(bool)
self.rank = 1
self.level = 1
self.xp = 0
self.rep = 0
self.archetypes = copy.copy(archetype_dict)
self.perks = []
self.upgrade_points = 0
self.perk_points = 4
self.original_price = 0

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
I'm not sure if this is right. Like I said I'm not good at this stuff, but I'm trying. It sucks cause I really liked the game.

#### GIRL CLASS FOR B KING ####################################################
## This is the girl class. ##################################################
## Others classes and functions are ##################################################
## in separate files. ##################################################

init -2 python:

## GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS! ##

class Girl(object): #Attributes: name, lastname, age, description, pictures, stats, status, inventory, character

"""This class is for free and working girls in the game. This should probably inherit from the NPC
class, but I'm not using inheritance."""

## CONSTRUCTOR METHODS

def __init__(self):

self.type = "girl"
self.effects = []
self.effect_dict = defaultdict(list)
self.traits = []
self.items = []
self.equipped = []
self.slots = girl_inventory_slots
self.current_food_effect = defaultdict(bool)
self.rank = 1
self.level = 1
self.xp = 0
self.rep = 0
self.archetypes = copy.copy(archetype_dict)
self.perks = []
self.upgrade_points = 0
self.perk_points = 4
self.original_price = 0
Jman asked for the rpy file not what's inside. There is a button down below where you can send it.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Well, now that's strange. The 'preferences.packstate_unrecognized' is defaulted in there.

Can you open up the game (don't start a new game or anything), open the console with Shift+O, and type preferences.packstate_unrecognized.

To try fixing this, you might first want to choose 'Girl packs' -> 'Update packstates' -> 'Unrecognized images' -> Pick one of the three options.

But this value is supposed to have been defaulted already, so I'm not sure what exactly is going on here.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
What does that mean?

The 'nuclear' option is to delete the game, delete the 'Appdata/RenPy/Bro King ...' directory, redownload the latest game and patch and default girl pack from , try again.

If that doesn't work, tell us what exactly goes wrong, with tracebacks and preferably screenshots of your game directory tree. Because then we might have a major bug.

Aeacus87

Dec 12, 2021
Yeah sorry, bad grammar. I tried "Can you open up the game (don't start a new game or anything), open the console with Shift+O, and type preferences.packstate_unrecognized." But it still crapped on me. I'm happy to just nuke it, and start over clean. I'm happy to admit I'm not the most computer literate person, how would I make sure all traces of it are gone before I start over? Or is simply deleting the the folder enough?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
...how would I make sure all traces of it are gone before I start over? Or is simply deleting the the folder enough?
No, and this might be the cause of this problem. You also need to find and delete your Appdata directory (somewhere like 'C:/Users/[your username]/.../Appdata/RenPy/Bro King ...'). The exact location depends on OS, and I'm not particularly familiar with Win 11.

Another thing you might want to do is to install the game somewhere that's not even remotely claimable as a system directory. So no 'Program files', or 'Documents', 'Desktop', 'Download'. Something like 'C:/Music/Ambient/Soothing/Indian/Not_Tantric/temp_data/01_01_1984/_anjdsnfgo175/_audio/BK/Brothel_King-pc' is the old-school conspiratorial choice. :sneaky:

• Haha
Reactions: __neronero
4.60 star(s) 44 Votes