Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

AnoOtoko

Jan 13, 2020
Does anyone know if the event series with Scarlet can be fully progressed on the current patch? I've had the scene on the beach where her friend tempts the MC, but have not been able to trigger anything after that.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
No. You did have sex with said friend, or refused to, right? That's the end of it.

Kite80 has had a new event's script and pictures ready for a few years now, I think. I proofread it at some point, and directed several people who were expressing a desire to help to him. But it apparently never went anywhere.

I suppose if you really want more Scarlet, you'll have to lend a hand yourself.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
In 2-3 years? :p

You can never expect something from a free project.

Goldo did indicate that 0.3 is probably a smaller effort than 0.2 was. Probably. And that he'd stick with development until it is complete, and then maybe take a break.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Another thing you might want to do is to install the game somewhere that's not even remotely claimable as a system directory. So no 'Program files', or 'Documents', 'Desktop', 'Download'. Something like 'C:/Music/Ambient/Soothing/Indian/Not_Tantric/temp_data/01_01_1984/_anjdsnfgo175/_audio/BK/Brothel_King-pc' is the old-school conspiratorial choice. :sneaky:
But having instead a much shorter pathname, to avoid other problems.

Fox.Mulder

Jul 31, 2017
Oh man, I have like the most obnoxious bug I can't seem to fix. XD
I saved the game and came back to reload and now there's a perpetually looping audio of just a constant waterfall it's so annoying haha. Reloading/deleting the audio files/scrollback whatever I could think of doesn't fix it I'm so sad. My main save file has to just be played on mute now. xD
If there's a funky way of fixing it, I'd appreciate any tips. ^^

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Open the console (shift+O) and type renpy.sound.stop(). If that doesn't work, try renpy.sound.stop(channel = 'sound2') or renpy.sound.stop(channel = 'audio').

Edit: Or, since it's the waterfall music, use renpy.music.stop(). /Edit

Preferably, also tell us how you got that problem. Better yet, recreate it and tell us the exact steps. Then Goldo can fix it. No need, I found the problem.

Edit: I presume you went through the diamond intro with an 'old man'? It was the old man.

Last edited:

Fox.Mulder

Jul 31, 2017
Open the console (shift+O) and type renpy.sound.stop(). If that doesn't work, try renpy.sound.stop(channel = 'sound2') or renpy.sound.stop(channel = 'audio').

Edit: Or, since it's the waterfall music, use renpy.music.stop(). /Edit

Preferably, also tell us how you got that problem. Better yet, recreate it and tell us the exact steps. Then Goldo can fix it. No need, I found the problem.

Edit: I presume you went through the diamond intro with an 'old man'? It was the old man.
Thanks for the help! I couldn't figure out how to recreate it since I wasn't paying full attention when the sound file started it was only after a bit when I realised... it just ain't stopping. XD

But yeah I managed to stop it with that nifty little console stuff and it doesn't seem to have broken any other sounds which is good!

Reactions: __neronero

Wolfefang

Jan 28, 2020
Can the girls become friend? I'm in chapter 2 and haven't seen any indication they are friends. I have 2 virgins and the get a mood benefit from friends.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
They have a better chance to become friends if you interact with them a few times, talking about getting along with other girls and telling them to keep making friends.
I don't think anything about this has changed since the last playthrough where I had some girls having friends, announced in night activity.
Base chance for improving friendship each night is a roll of (Edit: 11 or) 12 on two 6-sided dice.

Works best with "very extravert" personalities.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jman9 and Wolfefang

Wolfefang

Jan 28, 2020
They have a better chance to become friends if you interact with them a few times, talking about getting along with other girls and telling them to keep making friends.
I don't think anything about this has changed since the last playthrough where I had some girls having friends, announced in night activity.
Base chance for improving friendship each night is a roll of 12 on two 6-sided dice.

Works best with "very extravert" personalities.
Thank you

Guess I'm just really unlucky will keep trying.

Artiour

Sep 24, 2017
why every girl in town says "That's a bit personal... But of course, I have not been waiting for you my whole life, you know?"
is there some edit that could give this more variety, or if someone knows the file containing chances to generate girl traits I hope you point it out

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Because they're all of 'average' sexual experience, for some reason. I don't see why that would happen outside of you just randomly getting a string of such girls. What exactly is the sample size of your 'every girl in town'?

Otherwise, there already are five different responses and an extra one for virgins.

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
why every girl in town says "That's a bit personal... But of course, I have not been waiting for you my whole life, you know?"
is there some edit that could give this more variety, or if someone knows the file containing chances to generate girl traits I hope you point it out
There are currently 22 variations in the game for this response ("free_flirt_sex_experience average") or 133 if you count all the variations of how experienced the girl could be. I can't seem to replicate your issue. When you say every girl in town, how many girls did you check?

The responses are listed in BKdialogue.rpy. The simplest way to homebrew in more variety is to make more lines of dialogue in BKdialogue.rpy "generic" instead of personality-specific.

Traits are a completely different topic.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Sorry, I am not good with this stuff.
Full traceback:
File "game/BKstart.rpy", line 127, in script
$ enemy_general = get_girls(1, free=True, p_traits=["Caster"])[0]
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/BKstart.rpy", line 127, in <module>
$ enemy_general = get_girls(1, free=True, p_traits=["Caster"])[0]
File "game/BKfunctions.rpy", line 328, in get_girls
girl.randomize(free=free, p_traits=p_traits, n_trait=n_trait, perks=perks, level=lvl)
File "game/BKgirlclass.rpy", line 263, in randomize
self.refresh_pictures()
File "game/BKgirlclass.rpy", line 493, in refresh_pictures
self.portrait = self.get_pic("portrait", "profile", naked_filter = True, and_priority=False, soft=True)
File "game/BKgirlclass.rpy", line 1016, in get_pic
return get_pic(self, tags=tags, alt_tags1=alt_tags1, alt_tags2=alt_tags2, alt_tags3=alt_tags3, and_tags=and_tags, not_tags=not_tags, strict=strict, and_priority=and_priority, attempts=attempts, always_stock=always_stock)
File "game/BKfunctions.rpy", line 2736, in get_pic
piclist = get_pic_list(target, search_tags, and_tags, not_tags)
File "game/BKfunctions.rpy", line 2687, in get_pic_list
show_unrecognized = preferences.packstate_unrecognized != "Hide"
AttributeError: 'Preferences' object has no attribute 'packstate_unrecognized'
Best try we can think of to make this work:

Run game to get Start menu,
use shift-o to get console, copy-paste
Code:
preferences.packstate_unrecognized = "Rename"
followed by the Enter key, and Esc key to return from console.

Will probably work if you then even load a saved game.

Artiour

Sep 24, 2017
There are currently 22 variations in the game for this response ("free_flirt_sex_experience average") or 133 if you count all the variations of how experienced the girl could be. I can't seem to replicate your issue. When you say every girl in town, how many girls did you check?

The responses are listed in BKdialogue.rpy. The simplest way to homebrew in more variety is to make more lines of dialogue in BKdialogue.rpy "generic" instead of personality-specific.

Traits are a completely different topic.
its back to normal now after a suspicious amount of times
but I made a slight change to spice things up by giving every girl a 30% chance of being virgin

Reactions: __neronero

Artiour

Sep 24, 2017
when the first girl work for the first time the game starts giving you windows of you learning new spells and stuff and freezes
here are some diagnostics from the task manager:
when you learn the first spell 100mb is added to the Ram, the second adds 200, the third 500 or so etc, until the ram is full
I tried saving mid the process but it takes me back the the first spell
this didnt happen in the previous version
in the new version it happen with both the normal and the patched game and I played a new game not loaded from any previous versions
and also what made it look like a bug is that it adds to the ram like 3mb per second so those megabytes I was talking about took a really long time
edit:
I changed this code
Python:
        def learn(self, spl):
            if spl.type == "passive":
                self.active_spells.append(spl)
                self.add_effects(spl.effects)

renpy.call_screen("OK_screen", title = spl.name, message = self.name + " has learnt a new talent.\n\n" + spl.description, pic = spl.pic, pic_size = "small")

else:
                self.known_spells.append(spl)
                renpy.call_screen("OK_screen", title = spl.name, message = self.name + " has learnt a new spell.\n\n" + spl.description, pic = spl.pic, pic_size = "small")
to this:
Python:
        def learn(self, spl):
            if spl.type == "passive":
                pass
#                self.active_spells.append(spl)
#                self.add_effects(spl.effects)

#                renpy.call_screen("OK_screen", title = spl.name, message = self.name + " has learnt a new talent.\n\n" + spl.description, pic = spl.pic, pic_size = "small")

else:
                pass
#                self.known_spells.append(spl)
#                renpy.call_screen("OK_screen", title = spl.name, message = self.name + " has learnt a new spell.\n\n" + spl.description, pic = spl.pic, pic_size = "small")
no more spells getting learned and there is a black screen and the RAM keeps growing non-stopping

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 44 Votes