Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
Hi there,

I played this game A LOT before the release of 0.2.
However i cannot make the 0.2 version work on my computer. I've followed the installation instructions to a tee, but it still reports back errors. In 0.15 i could just click ignore on these errors and thegame could continue with no issue, but in this version i can only get to the point where i choose what room/front i would like for the brothel, and the error wont go away :(

Anyone have any suggestions as to what i can do to fix this?

Thanks!
Send the traceback.txt here with the attach files option below.

Ullysse

Jun 26, 2017
Hello,

I'm not sure if I have done anything wrong but I just started a new game and the trait "Elite" doesn't seem to work. I'm getting paid the max budget of my only customer and not a single gold more.

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
Hello,

I'm not sure if I have done anything wrong but I just started a new game and the trait "Elite" doesn't seem to work. I'm getting paid the max budget of my only customer and not a single gold more.
Elite trait only give's you the "ignore budget". Normally you dont even get to max budget what the customer have.

sucktoes420

Dec 6, 2021
First time making a post on here so if its format is wrong i'll try to fix it. Error codes pop up at some events, have the patch installed and only using the default/starter girl pack. deleted the files in appdata and clean installed. followed the steps of installation, patching installing girls and still getting error messages.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
I don't understand, I tried an other game with a slave without elite and I'm still getting the max. :unsure:
The following information could be useful to diagnose the problem:

- Do you get the message "The customer spent all of his budget on [girl]"? Do you get it very frequently? If not, it could be a coincidence that her performance was worth exactly the customer's (irrelevant because of Elite) max budget
- When she rolls a 6, or when ANY girl rolls a 6, do you ever get the message "The customer went over his budget on [girl] (+XXX gold)" If you never see it, not even on other girls, then perhaps your girls are simply not meeting the customer's expectations.

To elaborate on Elite a bit more:
Normally when any girl rolls a 6 on her performance, the same "ignore budgets" effect is automatically applied. The benefit of having "Elite" is that it also applies that effect when she rolls 1-5. But naturally a lower roll like that will mean a worse performance and thus a lower tip, so to actually reap the benefits of her trait frequently your Elite girl would have to be at least slightly overqualified compared to what the customer was expecting. In other words, I wouldn't expect "Elite" to make much of an impact when you've just started a new game.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
In 0.15 i could just click ignore on these errors and thegame could continue with no issue...
Do not do this! An error being ignored and not crashing outright does not mean it's not causing you problems down the line.

...the trait "Elite" doesn't seem to work.
Yah, 'Elite' is broken because its value is not specified and thus defaults to 0. I think this also applies to any other 'special' effect without a specified value, like parts of 'Eye Contact', 'Life of Luxury', 'Caster', 'Country girl', some Trait King traits.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

File "game/BKcity_events.rpy", line 2301, in script
ev_girl3 "Nyaa! Mister, help me!"
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 4622, in execute
screen show_event(event_pic, x = None, y = None, proportional = True, bg = c_ui_darkblue, ys = 0.8): # event_pic
File "game/BKfunctions.rpy", line 34, in xres
res_dict["x", _size] = int(_size*config.screen_width*res_xy_ratio/RES_BASE_X)
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for *: 'NoneType' and 'int'
I suppose Goldo will have to fix more screens to mesh with the new resolution settings. In the meanwhile, stop playing with catgirls.

Reactions: __neronero

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
First time making a post on here so if its format is wrong i'll try to fix it. Error codes pop up at some events, have the patch installed and only using the default/starter girl pack. deleted the files in appdata and clean installed. followed the steps of installation, patching installing girls and still getting error messages.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks for including full traceback.txt, within spoilers.

goldo00
Error seems to be from setting-resolutions code. BKscreens.rpy line 4663:
Code:
        if event_pic:
            add event_pic.get(xres(x), yres(y), proportional) xalign 0.5 yalign 0.0
where x seems defaulted to None.

Called from BKcity_events.rpy, lines 2289:
Code:
$ p = rand_choice(encounter_pics["cat"])

$ pic = Picture(p, "NPC/encounters/" + p)

scene black with dissolve

$ renpy.show_screen("show_event", pic, _layer="master")
No obvious fix occurs to me for now.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
No obvious fix occurs to me for now.
Code:
renpy.show_screen("show_event", pic, x=config.screen_width, y=int(config.screen_height*0.8), _layer="master")
or even better (I don't see why you'd have to go via Python functions here and not just use a Ren'Py statement directly)
Code:
show screen show_event(pic, x=config.screen_width, y=int(config.screen_height*0.8))
The trouble is that there are lots of these calls, so it's something only Goldo can properly fix.

hrjfwf4

Jul 30, 2021
Yah, 'Elite' is broken because its value is not specified and thus defaults to 0. I think this also applies to any other 'special' effect without a specified value, like parts of 'Eye Contact', 'Life of Luxury', 'Caster', 'Country girl', some Trait King traits.
Oh they don´t work? Then this should prob be a priority to fix no? Cause its kinda sad when you hit a nice girl with good traits in a legit run (which goldo seems to pref) and then realise that she has a dead trait :/

Reactions: TheWolflower

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
Is the henthighschoolforum down for this game?
Yeah. It's been down for over a month now, and it's looking highly unlikely that it will be returning. At this moment this thread is our home in exile. Avenues are being explored for creating a new home somewhere, but things are not to the point of any sort of official announcement.

Reactions: Jman9

Sangera

May 21, 2017
Right, it's a random event which starts at extremely low odds, but becomes more and more likely to happen day by day.

While bribing a slaver is indeed the fastest way to discover the trait, it's also slightly more likely to lead to a negative outcome compared to the other options. Making this a bit more clear to players is certainly on my to-do list.
I have a little problem with that, i send the girl out as a repayment, text said 7 days, and when i look at the "away" status it says 70 days. Is that just a bug or was the text of the event wrong.

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
Code:
MC.girls[number].name   (to find/check the right number)
MC.girls[number].away = False
If she was away on a quest, class, etc, she won't complete it and that might lead to extra bugs (although I hope it doesn't).
I have a little problem with that, i send the girl out as a repayment, text said 7 days, and when i look at the "away" status it says 70 days. Is that just a bug or was the text of the event wrong.
There was similliar problem's with normal quest's reported by player's. Did you downloaded the lastest patch what Goldo provided 2 days ago?

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes