Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Are you using girl mix directories or not? The ones starting with #? If not, just ignore that part.

Actually, discard that. It doesn't matter. Works as written for girl mixes as well.

Last edited:

morty2301

Oct 9, 2018
like using it in game or commands? I made my own girl pack mix separate from the default mix I think, I called it pack 1 if that helps

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
See above. It'd be easier if you just tried the commands. Worst case, something goes horribly wrong and all of your girl's pictures are replaced by Gio taking a bath - reload, assure your girl nothing bad happened and come back with your tale of woe.

Reactions: morty2301

morty2301

Oct 9, 2018
See above. It'd be easier if you just tried the commands. Worst case, something goes horribly wrong and all of your girl's pictures are replaced by Gio taking a bath - reload, assure your girl nothing bad happened and come back with your tale of woe.
that has worked thanks, its a little weird since they keep their original name, but that's not too big a problem

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
its a little weird since they keep their original name
Well, you did say you wanted to change just the pictures on an existing girl. Everything else is changeable, too, but requires extra work, because a pack is a character generation template, and everything's already been generated.

You can always get a new girl using your changed pack.

Name can even be changed directly in-game without any workarounds.

Jun 13, 2018
Anybody have a list of console commands for the scrolls of jobs/whore?

Edit : Nevermind. I almost forgot about the BKItems.rpy
Now I just need to remember what the names of their ranks are LOL

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2018
Just happened to me a few minutes ago. I don't want to touch anything. And I am pretty sure I didn't touch the BKinteraction file for this thing to occur.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

BTW it happened when I was interacting with my Marnie girlpack, doing the first step of advance training. I think it was the second to the last choice, where I tie her up.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Exception: Possible infinite loop.
If you restart the game and try again, does it still happen? These infinite loop things can be tricky to track down.

Edit: You are not playing in dev mode, are you?

Edit2: I just tried with a random starter girl, and no infinite loops. Can you post a save? And are you playing on a laptop or some other form of potato?

Last edited:

Justinof

Sep 19, 2019
I have a serious bug that i need to report:
The default pics folder that i use has inside the base pictures already included whit 1 or 2 digit numbers and additional images whit 5 digit numbers that i have ported from Bonanza mod (Thanks Jman9).
If i choose in the settings to use the stock pictures when the girl pack is missing a tag, the game pick only the default images whit 1/2 digit numbers and ignores the others whit 5 digit numbers.
Sometimes even pick some image for portrait/profile or sex/job acts even if the girl pack has the images whit the proper tag already.

So for testing purpose i have renamed all the stock images to have 5 digit numbers whitout changing the tags using the Picture Namer v. 2.8.11.
Now the game can't even find the vanilla stock images and put the infamous "image not found" whenever it needs them, and aswell somewhere else just i said before.

I am using the 0.2 "Release" base game whit the 220511 patch + Trait King mod, the problem was already present whit the last February patch though.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
If i choose in the settings to use the stock pictures when the girl pack is missing a tag, the game pick only the default images whit 1/2 digit numbers and ignores the others whit 5 digit numbers.
Start a new game, wait for Goldo to include refreshing 'default' images on startup, or console 'game.load_pics()' to update a save.

Sometimes even pick some image for portrait/profile or sex/job acts even if the girl pack has the images whit the proper tag already.
Are you sure you don't have the 'Mix stock and girl pack pictures' option turned on? And do have the 'better accuracy' option on? Goldo wanted some funky variety, and merely having a single tag out of a combination might not be enough to push out a better stock option.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
For images that existed when you started current game:

The most common reason for avoiding picking an image for portrait, profile or non-whore jobs is that it includes a "naked" tag, but girl is not currently naked. Similar for sex-act tags.
Another possible cause is the image including farm-only tags (machine, monster, beast) which restrict the image to farm or some special events.

Justinof

Sep 19, 2019
Start a new game, wait for Goldo to include refreshing 'default' images on startup, or console 'game.load_pics()' to update a save.
Starting a new game was a painful option, if not for testing only. I am in endless mode whit 108 girls in the brothel....
Using the console command, saving and reloading did the trick thankfully! No more "image not found" nightmare.:geek:
I was sure to have added the new stock images in the Default folder before starting a new game...anyway i must write down this command and use it the next time i add/change images in the folder, and NOW i know that the Repair Girl picture option doesn't include the stock images.

Are you sure you don't have the 'Mix stock and girl pack pictures' option turned on? And do have the 'better accuracy' option on? Goldo wanted some funky variety, and merely having a single tag out of a combination might not be enough to push out a better stock option.
I use the "only use the girl pack pictures" and "better variety" for training options, but the "missing" images were everywhere, so it was hard to pinpoint the problem.
Thanks very much Jman9. As a side note, when i was playing BK 0.15b i have "imported" some features from Bonanza in my game, not the whole mod, and the result was an enjoyable Frankestein :LOL:

Reactions: Jman9

Justinof

Sep 19, 2019
For images that existed when you started current game:

The most common reason for avoiding picking an image for portrait, profile or non-whore jobs is that it includes a "naked" tag, but girl is not currently naked. Similar for sex-act tags.
Another possible cause is the image including farm-only tags (machine, monster, beast) which restrict the image to farm or some special events.
Yes, many of my girl packs are made from others and 95 % of them are so badly tagged that i no more trust any pack whitout i retag it myself, but this job never ends.

• Haha

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I use the "only use the girl pack pictures" and "better variety" for training options, but the "missing" images were everywhere, so it was hard to pinpoint the problem.
So you're getting 'default' pictures while having the options set to 'use stock' for missing images, 'use girl pack' and 'better variety' for variety? Can you give an example of a situation like this, and of the exact names of the girl pack image that ought to appear and the 'default' one that does appear? Because at this point I can only guess that either a) the game is looking for a specific tag combination that is missing from the pack and present in 'default', even though a relatively appropriate image with some of the tags does exist in the pack, or b) there is a bug in the code. If it is b), then a save, the exact situation causing the issue and a list of image names in both 'default' and the girl pack would be needed to even start unraveling the whole thing.

Reactions: Justinof

crazydan

Jul 26, 2017
Any tips on maintaining profitability long term? Long term the girl's upkeep starts to get pretty high, while their money making potential seems to top out pretty early. It seems like the only way to really make money is to sell well trained slaves and buy new ones, is that right? Seems kinda sad since you never really get to unlock their full backstory.

Justinof

Sep 19, 2019
Ok 1st example:

1st girl (Narmaya) is whoring and the client is asking her to do kinky stuff (fetish).
She has this possible images:
fetish bondage (0) - fetish bondage denied (0) - fetish bondage denied cumshot creampie (0) - fetish bondage sub (0) - fetish bondage sub toy gag dildo vibrator (0) - fetish bondage vibrator (0) - fetish service footjob masturbate (0) - fetish spanking grope (0)
All these images are randomly chosen when i enable "use another picture from the girl pack" if a picture is missing.

But if i enable "use stock pictures" instead the game always pick this image from the default folder:
masseuse fetish wet bondage (00000)
Btw she is a masseuse that is working/whoring, and this image appear when she is whoring.

2nd example:
2nd girl (emerald sustrai) is a waitress working/whoring, during work a client ask her to give him service and she accept.
She has some service images in the pack:
service (00000) - service anal cumshot on-body on-face in-mouth creampie orgasm (00000) - service cumshot on-face (00000) - service fetish dom cunnilingus sixty-nine bondage rimming (00000) - service cumshot on-face in-mouth (00000) - service sex anal (00000) - service titjob cumshot on-body (00000) - service titjob cumshot on-body (00001) - service toy dildo (00000) and few others.

Whit "use stock pictures" enabled the game ignores all these pics and pick this image instead:
waitress service masturbate (00000)

I see where this is going...the game indeed has tag preferences and priority, not much funny indeed.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Long term the girl's upkeep starts to get pretty high, while their money making potential seems to top out pretty early.
Well, that's a new one to me. Everyone else seems to be gushing about how the money is just pouring in. :unsure:

Are you using rank-appropriate customers, perk/trait synergies and cutting upkeep by raising mood, friendships, girls with 'Helping Hand', etc?

It seems like the only way to really make money is to sell well trained slaves and buy new ones, is that right?
I doubt it unless something has changed a lot. Even a few weeks' profits for a properly leveled girl used to be as much or more as her sales price.

I see where this is going...the game indeed has tag preferences and priority, not much fun indeed.
Yeah, that's exactly it. The pack does not have a good fit, so it picks randomly from among the next best. 'Default' does have a perfect fit, and shows that, and only that.

I suppose goldo00 might try to be less heavy-handed about the enforced uniforms for the late-night shift. Then again, this is the game working exactly as specified, and the best solution would be to give the girl pack some appropriate images as well. Or at least copy/rename suitable existing ones. An image with a job tag + sex act tag isn't going to show up during regular job activities, after all. So what if she's naked and doesn't have any towels, soap or ale on hand? :p

crazydan

Jul 26, 2017
Well, that's a new one to me. Everyone else seems to be gushing about how the money is just pouring in. :unsure:

Are you using rank-appropriate customers, perk/trait synergies and cutting upkeep by raising mood, friendships, girls with 'Helping Hand', etc?
Hmm, I could be playing the game wrong. Currently I try to max out girls. Get them max ranks in every job, max out their stats in every trait. But it seems like there's no point since each job just utilizes one or two stats?

For example, early on a girl might have 100 charm so she's a good waitress. Later she gets 100 charm and 100 beauty, is she supposed to earn more? She can be a waitress or a masseuse but what's the benefit of being able to do both?

I can see for sex stats being proficient in every stat lets her better satisfy a wider range of customers, but currently I get like 200 visitors and 95% leave w/o being serviced so I don't see the benefit in having a girl diversify when she can easily pick out the clients that fit her niche.

I guess my real question is, what does an ideal girl look like end game, and is there one ideal that every girl ends up at or does it depend on something?

Edit: Actually, I just discovered the carpenter's wagon and from there the ability to get better clients. forget everything I said about not making cash, haha

Last edited:

Justinof

Sep 19, 2019
Yeah, that's exactly it. The pack does not have a good fit, so it picks randomly from among the next best. 'Default' does have a perfect fit, and shows that, and only that.

I suppose goldo00 might try to be less heavy-handed about the enforced uniforms for the late-night shift. Then again, this is the game working exactly as specified, and the best solution would be to give the girl pack some appropriate images as well.
Default could have a perfect fit, but has not variety and this is a heavy drawback.
In a perfect world we could easily find enough images to cover every situation for every girl pack. In reality this is not possible.
I doubt that Goldo would change his state of mind about the issue.

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes