Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
i am hopeing in the future you get the option to multi class or some more classes get added in. also looking forward to seeing if we get a more fleshed out brothel upgrade that does more then just adding rooms and number of clients.
For those you can suggest it

I came back to this game after some time (playing on 0.2) and I vaguely remember an event being teased where I am supposed to meet someone at the market or the exchange or something on the first tuesday (or maybe thursday) of the month. But no matter which day I try, I can't find the event. Does anyone know what I mean and how to trigger the event?
Wich chapter are you on?

Thisguy01

Sep 18, 2020
Just started playing this game and love it! Looking forward to updates. But as it seems it hasn't been updated for 2 years, it won't happen.
What is the "JP" stat?

Toshiro06

May 2, 2021
I came back to this game after some time (playing on 0.2) and I vaguely remember an event being teased where I am supposed to meet someone at the market or the exchange or something on the first tuesday (or maybe thursday) of the month. But no matter which day I try, I can't find the event. Does anyone know what I mean and how to trigger the event?
You go to the guild quarter (The area where you get ore from) on the first Tuesday. I tend to forget about this one so I haven't seen all of the events, but it is a femdom group of events.

Reactions: Tracking333

Thisguy01

Sep 18, 2020
WHY, oh WHY!!??

I've done everything the exakt same ( I think), as in previous download and start, that worked fine. Now this. What have I done wrong? I have required update patch from 1st page, basic girl pack, and some packs from the Packs thread.

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
WHY, oh WHY!!??

I've done everything the exakt same ( I think), as in previous download and start, that worked fine. Now this. What have I done wrong? I have required update patch from 1st page, basic girl pack, and some packs from the Packs thread.
It's not an error. This only means that you have either deleted a girlpack what the game used or the pic is missing.

Thisguy01

Sep 18, 2020
It's not an error. This only means that you have either deleted a girlpack what the game used or the pic is missing.
Thanks for replying. I think what the problem is that I used a save from another device with probably different girl packs. Phew, mystery explained.

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
A lot of people asked if this game was abandoned or when the new version come out. Well here is the answer.

So here is an update, take it with a grain of salt as things always take more time than I would like. I am 90% done with the second story line I had to do, out of 4 in Chapter 3. I plan to release a new 0.3 test version after that one is done (so 50% of Chapter 3's story) and reasonably tested. I am more or less on top of bug fixing, and have stopped adding new features (muuuust resiiiist....).

As usual, the writing is the most time-consuming thing to do, and sometimes I get a case of writer's block, so that's hard to timebox very precisely. But my goal is to get a new 0.3 test version out this July. Only a few more events to go...
Someone asked if there will be a new hotfix for the test version and this was the answer from Goldo.

Congressman Weiner

Jul 29, 2018
Something went wrong for some reason, so I restarted and the same thing happened... it's crashing at the farm even though it was working up to that point. It just skips over the farm training completely. Any ideas?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 543, in script
    python:
  File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 560, in <module>
    farm_events += farm.programs[girl].resolve("training")
  File "game/BKfarm.rpy", line 514, in resolve
    descript += farm_description[self.act + " intro"] % (girl.fullname, article(rand_choice(minion_adjectives[min_type])) + " " + min_type)
TypeError: not all arguments converted during string formatting

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 543, in script
    python:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 560, in <module>
    farm_events += farm.programs[girl].resolve("training")
  File "game/BKfarm.rpy", line 514, in resolve
    descript += farm_description[self.act + " intro"] % (girl.fullname, article(rand_choice(minion_adjectives[min_type])) + " " + min_type)
TypeError: not all arguments converted during string formatting

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Brothel King 0.2 v220711
Sun Jun 23 13:05:58 2024

Mante21

Feb 12, 2020
Does anyone know what stage the next version is in? Is there an estimated release date??... it's been so long since the last one... I don't know why shorter versions aren't released, but it's a great game, one of the best management games.

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
Does anyone know what stage the next version is in? Is there an estimated release date??... it's been so long since the last one... I don't know why shorter versions aren't released, but it's a great game, one of the best management games.
2 post above.

For full release for 0.3 who knows.

Congressman Weiner

Jul 29, 2018
Something went wrong for some reason, so I restarted and the same thing happened... it's crashing at the farm even though it was working up to that point. It just skips over the farm training completely. Any ideas?
so I reinstalled every file mentioned in the code above and it still happens. Anyone have any ideas? It skips right over the farm training, but only after I am playing for a while. In other words, it doesn't do it immediately... so is the farm file looking at some other file I need to replace that isn't mentioned in the code above?

WarblGarbl

Oct 10, 2017
so I reinstalled every file mentioned in the code above and it still happens. Anyone have any ideas? It skips right over the farm training, but only after I am playing for a while. In other words, it doesn't do it immediately... so is the farm file looking at some other file I need to replace that isn't mentioned in the code above?
Does your game straight up crash? I've had an issue with the farm that the scene for it has an error when the farm creature levels up, but I can get past it with whatever Ren'py option it is, I can't remember off the top of my head.

Congressman Weiner

Jul 29, 2018
Does your game straight up crash? I've had an issue with the farm that the scene for it has an error when the farm creature levels up, but I can get past it with whatever Ren'py option it is, I can't remember off the top of my head.
No, it just skips over the farm completely, showing a background with no girl graphic and then goes right to the end of the day, ignoring all the girls at the farm. Other than that, it keeps playing.

Febui

May 6, 2022
How did we go from "almost ready" sometime last year with prediction of release end of year to "50%" halfway through 2024?
Incredible levels of optimism. Forget "glass half full" it was just "it's filling with water!" right from the get-go.

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes