Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

tessarhea

Jul 2, 2017
I'm currently annoyed with the game because it's impossible to reliably keep your girls virgins... removing phobias can randomly take their virginities, I think. Also, and more importantly, if they agree to customer demands while working, the customer might just ask for sex which bypasses everything. I can reload or cheat my way around the issue, but... I'm annoyed.

Tidalbore

Dec 31, 2017
I'm currently annoyed with the game because it's impossible to reliably keep your girls virgins... removing phobias can randomly take their virginities, I think. Also, and more importantly, if they agree to customer demands while working, the customer might just ask for sex which bypasses everything. I can reload or cheat my way around the issue, but... I'm annoyed.
Customer demands when working non-whore jobs always do the sex act that shares the stat with said job- we've gone over the associations before, but as a refresher (since the last time is likely several pages back now): beauty is associated with masseuse and sex; body with dancer and anal; charm with waitress and service; refinement with geisha and fetish. I can't remember if fetish can lead to virginity loss or not, but avoid setting any girl you want to remain a virgin to masseuse at the very least, probably safest to stick with dancer or waitress. When working as a whore, keeping sex and group unchecked is the best option, along with giving them the "talk them into other acts" bonus skill (forget which tree it's on atm). As for the phobias, which act is chosen is random from the list of all acts that have the particular sub-act attached, so I would recommend either leaving it alone or save-scumming before each training attempt if you want it gone that badly. To be honest I don't bother with the virgin trait and associated skill, money isn't that much of an issue with my style of play and having the original name girls (who have a much lower chance of getting said trait, since only one of their skills is green) is more important to my brain (I am very much a collector).

Tidalbore

Dec 31, 2017
That being said, the ability to choose which act you use when training to remove a phobia would actually be rather nice, maybe we should suggest that to Goldo at some point

tessarhea

Jul 2, 2017
Must've missed that part about the demanded sex act and the job being related.... Welp, no more virgin masseuses for me I guess... Thanks for the quick and expansive answer!

...although I don't see why you have to lock the sex act to the job, or the associated attribute. Why not allow customers to have sex with waitresses? Oh, well.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Today Goldo released a new version of the experimental patch, this time fixing more security issues and balances. We all know how much security wasn't effective in defending our girls in 0.14 version, so there's been a lot of work on it this time. Haven't tried it yet so I can't say how much has been improved, will let you know asap.

Reactions: Idontknowme

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
girl_knight.png I tried to look for this pic too, found anything; btw most of the NPCs come from Rance Series anime, perhaps she's a minor character; another option is she's from a fantasy H visual novel.

tombfall

Oct 6, 2016
Does anyone know where's this one from? The usual image search didn't give any result...
View attachment 277557
View attachment 277604 I tried to look for this pic too, found anything; btw most of the NPCs come from Rance Series anime, perhaps she's a minor character; another option is she's from a fantasy H visual novel.
She's from KINGS REQUEST・犯しまくりの幸せ日和!?~リルに課せられたトンデモ依頼~ aka KINGS REQUEST Okashimakuri No Shiawase Biyori ~Lir Ni Kaserareta Tondemo Irai~. Here's a link to some cgs

Harem Route

Jan 13, 2018
She's from KINGS REQUEST・犯しまくりの幸せ日和!?~リルに課せられたトンデモ依頼~ aka KINGS REQUEST Okashimakuri No Shiawase Biyori ~Lir Ni Kaserareta Tondemo Irai~. Here's a link to some cgs
Thank you very much =)

psubj

Feb 14, 2018
Today Goldo released a new version of the experimental patch, this time fixing more security issues and balances. We all know how much security wasn't effective in defending our girls in 0.14 version, so there's been a lot of work on it this time. Haven't tried it yet so I can't say how much has been improved, will let you know asap.
Does the release of the experimental patch mean that 0.15 version will be delayed for a long time?

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
No, in fact the experimental patch is the pre-0.15 version. Since 0.14 Goldo introduced this way to test a new version, since BK code is very complex and many things may go wrong when there are a lot of updates changing the core game itself (as it happened with 0.14 and will happen with 0.15). The experimental patch test is almost over, it means 0.15 will be released very soon.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
@ambivalentmanasprite better if you leave your request here: https://f95zone.to/threads/brothel-king-girl-packs-and-mods-collection.21058/

New info about 0.15
I must admit that this time the delay is my fault;, I managed to finish all the first events involving the redhead girl in the posting plaza (the quests board), so Goldo wants to include them in the 0.15 content. The new version should be ready and released during the weekend of the next week, right before Easter. Now I can say I left an easter egg in BK XD

grtrader

Feb 11, 2019
Got to say I like the game to a good extent. For a game that has a good amount of freedom in how you play it at least has some bit of a story line. Really don't take any of what I say below as being bad about the game it is just a few a bit of thoughts that ran through my head on what could make it a bit more fun or interesting in my opinion and allow a bit greater expansion.

That said a few things could be improved on.
Random events are fairly limited in nature. I'm talking about stuff like running into thieves, girls getting raped by monsters, and so on. Just not a lot of variety there. The dialog is really used over again for the similar event watch changes is basically the images.

Overly large changes in up keep cost for no reason.
Switching a girl from C to B rank makes a huge leap in her up keep cost. But until she is trained more there really isn't any difference in what she brings in. If it was me I would leave rank entirely out of the cost factor and purely base it on what level their stats are raised to. Yes, I know their is the way around that raise their happiness and so on up to as high as you can and it offsets the -20 for setting them to ZERO. There in lies the next part. There are only two scale factors when it comes to that. -20 and -10. If you don't take to much from them it only takes off -10. It would have been smarter to %of pay * -20. That way their is a greater range to work with. The way it is you can't play the bad slave owner who beats mistreats his slaves or forces them to work via fear. But maybe I am wrong and need to replay it from the beginning. But I doubt that is going to work real well with women you recruit from the streets and dating or whatever. They tend to ask you to promise them to take care of them putting you in the spot of them expecting you to be good to them rather than treat them like property.

In fact ended up taking a look into the BKgirlclass.rpy To see how it was calculated. I guess it depends on the perspective you look at it with as to how much sense it made. Mood rank modifiers effected it along While I only ever saw 3 of the negative ranks it kind of says something how well it works. Those were -1, -10 & -20. Maybe, I'm reading it all wrong but it seems the better they are treated the more they expect out of you. I guess that make sense to a point. But as other pointed out they are slaves maybe they one day want to buy their freedom from you. One of the girls back stories includes paying here uncles debt who is a gambling idiot. Unlike c or c++ python and renpy have no multi line comment so my patients in wanting to make it a bit better wore thin quickly. So I simply removed the if statements from def get_upkeep_modifier(self): and set modifier = 0
Then added a .old to the rpcy file so it would recreate a new one with the changes. I can simply revert back later if need to.
I can think of a number of ways their pay could have been better done. Performance based would be a good option. They get A percentage of what they earn. That encourages them to work hard. Maybe start at 3% and 5% per class level. class B would get 8% A would get 13% and S class if hey exist get 18%. Plus they get to keep the tips. There should never be a point or reason their income exceeds what they bring in. Their slaves they should be quite thankful they are getting paid to start with.
This could also allow setting up some negotiation to encourage slaves to be more willing to do various acts. So lets say you have a standard set of acts and if a slave performs acts beyond that they could get a bonus for those they perform such as group they could instead of getting the normal pay get a 20% bonus or something on top of it. Even so it wouldn't end up with the slave making more money than they are bringing in. You are already paying for room and board for them and so on.
Basically what the money they are getting paid is spending money or money they can save and put away.

Besides there are plenty of better ways to create monetary sinks that make more sense. Some of which you have already in the game upgrades, furniture, theft, guards, upkeep...

There is one thing that doesn't make a lot of sense. You don't really have the rooms for the floor staff. waitress and dancers and so on should have separate types of accommodations rather than use the same rooms. They could be housed in something like bunk rooms or multi person rooms. Thus a more private room becomes an incentive or perk for becoming a whore. But it also allows you to hire staff who have no interest in stuff like that.

That brings up the next part. Capture and take by force or rescue and you owe me type situations. In short other ways of acquiring slaves other than buying them from the market and being a nice guy to women you meet.Do they exist? Again something I'll have to go through and explore and see.

Take the girls you rescue from some thugs in a sewer. Why set her free? Take her for yourself should be an option you would think. Or maybe that countries laws of are of a nature that slaves must have entered into servitude willingly. Or court ordered into servitude. Which you could then also add in people who committed crimes could be put into servitude to pay for their crimes such as theft or others.

Prisoners or war foreign captured individuals ....

Not that big of deal.
Images. While nice they could use with some greater consistency. I get they were used from various authors and different anime/manga and so on. Probably to save time and effort so the game could actually get out in a reasonable amount of time.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Thank you for your feedback! I'll take care of putting it on HHS forum so that Goldo could read it. Meanwhile, allow me to clear some points you pointed at:

- there's always room for new random events and the community of BK is starting to grow up only recently, for example I'm taking care of the jobgirl events and a few more people are doing the same with other events, so that Goldo can afford to focus on the main plot; any idea can be brought to him and possibly be implemented

- girls upkeep cost is not their allowance or job reward, it is in fact the daily cost MC should pay to maintain the girl (room, clothes, food etc.); you noticed how this cost raises up when a girl ranks up, this is due to the fact that MC has to immediately show the new girl,s rank to her clients by buying better stuff for her, of course the new rank brings a better gain but on the other hand the girl needs more training before it's maximized.

- another thing which kept the micro management light is that you don't need to take care of every girl's room; assume that every girl has her own room and its cost is included in her upkeep, so that when she whores she already has a private space where to work; the common rooms (club, bar, onsen and okiya) deserved a different management since the larger they are the more people they can accomodate

- For now the only two ways to get a whore are buying one at the slave market or recruit a free girl; that said, like the random events cited above there could be room for further possibilities, in my opinion a few events where MC actively seeks and captures a few special slaves could be part of the game, but I wouldn't let MC do this as a main activity, he's not a slave hunter after all, he's a trainer and brothel owner; as they say, so the shoemaker shoes...

- There are some laws in Zan about slavery, we can resume them like this: a magistrate can condemn someone to a life of slavery (debts and crimes are the main reasons), so if you find a girl raped by a gang of thugs in the sewers and then enslave her without her consent, you commit a crime and risk to be enslaved; furthermore, MC meets that girl again in a morning events, she's a secondary NPC and could have important roles in the future. Don't forget that Zan is a city of plots and political machinations, so the more friends MC can thake, the better.

- The images are picked from various anime and videogames because there's no art team developing BK; the only developer was Goldo, until recently when he accepted the help of a few people willing to write minor events. It would be great for BK to have its own artwork, of course, but it would cost a lot of money and Goldo is not making BK to gain money, he spends his free time to create it driven by his passion. But hey, who knows what future will bring us tomorrow?

As a side note: girls rank S does exist, in fact girls can raise their ranks up to X class, at that point they could teach lessons about sex even to sex goddess herself!

grtrader

Feb 11, 2019
Thank you for your feedback! I'll take care of putting it on HHS forum so that Goldo could read it. Meanwhile, allow me to clear some points you pointed at:

- there's always room for new random events and the community of BK is starting to grow up only recently, for example I'm taking care of the jobgirl events and a few more people are doing the same with other events, so that Goldo can afford to focus on the main plot; any idea can be brought to him and possibly be implemented

- girls upkeep cost is not their allowance or job reward, it is in fact the daily cost MC should pay to maintain the girl (room, clothes, food etc.); you noticed how this cost raises up when a girl ranks up, this is due to the fact that MC has to immediately show the new girl,s rank to her clients by buying better stuff for her, of course the new rank brings a better gain but on the other hand the girl needs more training before it's maximized.

- another thing which kept the micro management light is that you don't need to take care of every girl's room; assume that every girl has her own room and its cost is included in her upkeep, so that when she whores she already has a private space where to work; the common rooms (club, bar, onsen and okiya) deserved a different management since the larger they are the more people they can accomodate

- For now the only two ways to get a whore are buying one at the slave market or recruit a free girl; that said, like the random events cited above there could be room for further possibilities, in my opinion a few events where MC actively seeks and captures a few special slaves could be part of the game, but I wouldn't let MC do this as a main activity, he's not a slave hunter after all, he's a trainer and brothel owner; as they say, so the shoemaker shoes...

- There are some laws in Zan about slavery, we can resume them like this: a magistrate can condemn someone to a life of slavery (debts and crimes are the main reasons), so if you find a girl raped by a gang of thugs in the sewers and then enslave her without her consent, you commit a crime and risk to be enslaved; furthermore, MC meets that girl again in a morning events, she's a secondary NPC and could have important roles in the future. Don't forget that Zan is a city of plots and political machinations, so the more friends MC can thake, the better.

- The images are picked from various anime and videogames because there's no art team developing BK; the only developer was Goldo, until recently when he accepted the help of a few people willing to write minor events. It would be great for BK to have its own artwork, of course, but it would cost a lot of money and Goldo is not making BK to gain money, he spends his free time to create it driven by his passion. But hey, who knows what future will bring us tomorrow?

As a side note: girls rank S does exist, in fact girls can raise their ranks up to X class, at that point they could teach lessons about sex even to sex goddess herself!
I get your reasoning. Lets say you go after the rank increase and buy entirely new outfits for the girl. You wouldn't be doing that each and every day.
To be honest room maintenance really doesn't change much. I say that as a home owner and hotel owner in real life. The general cost of having a made clean my home really is no different that the person cleaning the hotel. The maintenance isn't really any different either. I have a 4 bedroom home and 15 room hotel. I actually own multiple business in RL.

Think of a brothel as nothing more than a hotel with long term tenants. Unless you have some destructive tenants it doesn't matter who stays there at rich or poor they cost of maintaining it is the same. You can add features like having better bed sheets, towels, the mini bar and so on. You generally up the price of the room and that comes out of the customer ends up paying for it. So the price is offset by the client. The cost of the girl is separate from the effective cost of the room. Thus you always calculate the room cost in with the cost of the girl. You can see that in real brothels run today. The big difference between a long term tenant and whore is the whore needs the sheets changed between each client and maybe the place swept and mopped in case and Bodily fluids end up on the floor and maybe a wipe down of some other areas.

Amenities you bill the customer for. Say the customer wants a bottle of champagne brought to the room. You bring them a $15 dollar bottle and charge the $20. It's actually a way of making a greater profit.

Your thinking of this as a greater cost but in reality there is a great profit to be made by those things you think cost more.
Now there are something that could cost you. Such as if you end up letting customer tear the pantyhose of the young lady. Most places these days will bill you for it. I would think in the past were they were more rare and hard to get hold of you damn sure would be charged for it. I know during WWII they were almost worth their weight in gold.

Also you already have a brothel cleaning and upkeep cost. If you really wanted to keep it light it could have just added it in as part of that. What you are describing is really more of that part.

If I was going to show what you described instead of charging 100 for raising the rank from C to B I would have charged a 1000 and described it as buying a new wardrobe. The rest then would be hidden costs and amenities could be addons that the player pays for with money they save up to make a greater profit.

Like I said on the artwork I get why it was done that way. I seriously get were you are coming from. I'm a single parent with multiple business besides that hotel web and game development on top of it. My ability to multi task is probably the only thing that keeps me above it all. For how long who knows.

I was thinking about about a way that one could make a large set of art work and reduce the amount of work to do it. You create multiple poses of a character then remove the busts and ass and face and hair. The make multiple variations that can be put in place. Then you can use a py script to combine them into a larger number of them. So if you had 10 hair 10 faces & 10 asses for a girl on her hands an knees you could make a thousand different girls in that pose. You could also add various clothing and accessories. It would be far easier to do than trying to draw each image set individually and you could also change out the backgrounds and other features. In short I'm a bit lazy and if i can get my computer to do some work for me I sure as hell will.
The number of images you have very per girl but the images appear to follow a naming convention.

Wouldn't be so bad if you could use a 3D character sets and have it change out the body part and shapes and clothing automatically and rend the various scenes. Those might be some useful tools for me to build.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
The suggests about graphics are good, in fact renpy already supports use of sprites and I saw in many VN how they work, with a bunch of body models and a lot of face sprites to give variability of expression to the charactes. I'm not against it, on the contrary I think that BK could gain more public if it had its own graphical style, and my hope is that would happen one day or another. Goldo told us that for now he prefers to work on BK like an hobby, he spends his free time on it and has a precise vision on how to do things, not that I'm into his head and know exactly what he thinks but I understand that for now he's more focused on content.

About the management: sure BK is not a model inspired by RL, many things can be changed (and someone has been changed, wait 0.15 version to se how), others can be added, probably more management would attire more players and consider that the furnitures and master bedroom features have been introduced in the 0.14 update, so there's no reason for Goldo to not to add more things to deal with. BK hasn't even reached 0.2 version, less than 20% of the game so far, and many new features added recently were fruit of many brainstorming among players and Goldo; if you wish to speak with him direclty I invite you to join the development discussion on HHS forum (see the link in page 1 of this thread) especially because your RL experience could help him considering factors he could have missed so far!

Reactions: grtrader

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Hey people, while waiting for the next update why don't we have a little fun with a small contest? BK is full of cute girls from anime and videogames, many of them are famous around the various communities of anime fans; the so called "waifu" or "best girl" if you know what I mean. So, why don't we vote for the "best girl" of Brothel King? Let's see how many of us want to vote and how we can manage such contest! Please express your opinion ;-)

juanito

Jun 19, 2017
I want to vote. Does HHS or f95 have a way to implement and distribute a poll? In any case, poll-maker, strawpoll or google forms seem good options.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
I think F95zone has a poll option when a new thread is open; almost every forum has one. but since we wanna do a poll for more than a single forum community, best option would be using a google form or a similar tool

Reactions: Fantabaldu
4.60 star(s) 44 Votes