Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
How exactly do you maintain a positive Income in later Chapters ?
No matter how well trained the Girls are, im always losing money, do i get more lower rank whores, or better fewer high ranked ones ?
Get better costumer's with the furniture feature. Dont just use the beggar's and thug's.

Reactions: CYFire and Ixiah

CYFire

Feb 8, 2018
I don't get it, how whoring still gives less money than entertaining. I have 4 girls, each day 2 working, each C5 with every nonsexual job maxed and sexual skills on fascinated and higher values.

Whoring job only serves two customers and rarely earns above 100 bucks per girl total. The Fox Thief trait never brought me any item yet.
Having them on entertaining jobs serving 4-5 customers leads to total above 100 per girl give or take, but even so it's 50/50 if I make any profit that day...
Having more girls work at once only leads to days with more loss when they rest eventually.

What's the deal, I have way more customers than I can serve (no billboarding girls anymore) but I'll never have enough to buy a new girl at this rate. Isn't whoring supposed to be more lucrative?

EDIT: oh, literally the post above mine. Sorry, was stuck at page 25 for hours and posted without reading, dreading the 222 pages...

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
In addition to higher tier customers, whoring is actually supposed to be worse than jobs in the early chapters and overtake it later on. Goldo even had some graphs for that during early 0.2, which are now sadly lost with the old forum (or maybe he still has them tucked away somewhere?). Chris12/Ch12 also had some analysis of the same kind (and that's lost now as well), but I think it was based on either very early 0.2 or even 0.15b.

One way to squeeze more performance out of your whores is to use either group sex or double service (bisexual).

Another is to stop making the mistake of 'no billboarding girls anymore', because advertising is a pretty major contributor to customer budget limits. Unless your girls never reach budget limits (hard to believe if you're still serving beggars) or are all Elite, this is a major own goal.

I'm not sure what the issue with thieving whores is, but I've had players (Bonanza players, but still) complain that their slave-thieves accumulate entirely too much useless crap that way. So either there's a recent bug, or you haven't really played with one for any significant amount of time.

Some other remarks: sexual preferences by themselves contribute exactly nothing to whoring or other sexual services. They are only there to make your girls to do what you want them to do. And if C5 means rank C, level 5... That's pretty low-end. You want at least rank B ASAP, that basically doubles a girl's stats.

Having 'working days' and 'resting/questing days' means you pay less upkeep, which is generally a plus. You also lessen your exposure to rowdy customers that way.

If you don't have money to buy new girls, well, that's why the streets are full of vagrants with sob stories. ;)

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
hey,

is there any update for BK in sight or can i start a new playthrough right now?
No clue, but I do have a mod I'm working on right now.

Not sure if you should wait tho. Could take anywhere between a few days to a several weeks. I still need to add many parts like a story frame... maybe some events... and get through the headache that is screen language in Renpy.

Short preview:

MarcoPoolo

Dec 22, 2019
No clue, but I do have a mod I'm working on right now.

Not sure if you should wait tho. Could take anywhere between a few days to a several weeks. I still need to add many parts like a story frame... maybe some events... and get through the headache that is screen language in Renpy.

Short preview:

holly hell, that looks amazing. I am defenetly waiting for this gem.
Do you have a own thread for this mod so one can keep track of it or smthg?

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
holly hell, that looks amazing. I am defenetly waiting for this gem.
Do you have a own thread for this mod so one can keep track of it or smthg?
I won't be posting a super detailed devlog or anything, but im a little more active on the F95 thread "Brothel King - Girl packs and mods collection", and I will let people know when the mod is available. Heads up tho, this will be my first mod ever so expect bugs on top of bugs.

Reactions: SV3TA7
Jul 21, 2020
Goldo’s said that he has moved to working on 0.3, but that it is ‘some time away’. My guess would be, at least, a few months, before first versions we get to test.

skullfire97

Feb 13, 2020
Hello,
I'm having a problem about getting less gold than they should be, let me explain:
I stalled the game for several turns after the first license (docks and warehouse locations) to farm events and get gold from them, but now i'm getting half gold or even less by the same events (the events that used to give me 500+ gold now give me 250 or so, the events where i find gold on the ground used to give me 300+ gold and now only 80-90... and in the brothel i'm earning the wrong gold too! I expanded the Carpenter's Wagon utilities to accept other type of customers like commoners, sailors and workers that should give me more gold but i'm still getting shitty gold from them, like 200 gold from 6 sailor customers... when they have a budget of 200 gold each... I also get this very low amount of gold when the system says that the customers spent their full budget on that girl...)
So please, can anyone help me explaining what is going on? Did i bug the game by stalling it for several turns and now i'm having gold penalty or is it just a bug and my save is now doomed?
I want to specify that i kept to do a "small cheat" during the events to ensure to have a success roll on them: i saved the game before the roll and then loaded the game everytime i got an unsuccessful roll, is it the thing that bugged my game?
Please this is so much important, i want to know what happened and if i have a chance of getting the right amount of gold again in the next locations...
Thank you so much in advance!

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
It works, how can I edit gold?
Either changing this to true in the BKSettings.rpy (cheat menu) and pressing the "?" button in the game (disable archivments)
Code:
    debug = False # Replace this with 'True' for additional cheats and information (recommended for testing)
Or pressing shift + o for the console and typing this into it
Code:
MC.gold = 1000
You can put any number there.

Reactions: forgetmaster

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
Hello,
I'm having a problem about getting less gold than they should be, let me explain:
I stalled the game for several turns after the first license (docks and warehouse locations) to farm events and get gold from them, but now i'm getting half gold or even less by the same events (the events that used to give me 500+ gold now give me 250 or so, the events where i find gold on the ground used to give me 300+ gold and now only 80-90... and in the brothel i'm earning the wrong gold too! I expanded the Carpenter's Wagon utilities to accept other type of customers like commoners, sailors and workers that should give me more gold but i'm still getting shitty gold from them, like 200 gold from 6 sailor customers... when they have a budget of 200 gold each... I also get this very low amount of gold when the system says that the customers spent their full budget on that girl...)
So please, can anyone help me explaining what is going on? Did i bug the game by stalling it for several turns and now i'm having gold penalty or is it just a bug and my save is now doomed?
I want to specify that i kept to do a "small cheat" during the events to ensure to have a success roll on them: i saved the game before the roll and then loaded the game everytime i got an unsuccessful roll, is it the thing that bugged my game?
Please this is so much important, i want to know what happened and if i have a chance of getting the right amount of gold again in the next locations...
Thank you so much in advance!
The event's where you get gold in the later chapter are meaningless. (Atleast for me).
The amount of money what you get from working is considered from a lot of things.
What job your girl doing. How skilled she is in said job. How much you pay for said girl. Wich moon you have at the time (7th month is making your money go down with working. Example you get 1000 gold normaly but you get only about 700 in this month.) Wich type of costumer you serve. How much you upgraded the furniture. Wich difficulty you play in. What rank your girl have and the list go on.

Being in one place for to long only incrase the amount of tax for the tax girl other then that it's dosnt change anything.

forgetmaster

Oct 14, 2020
Either changing this to true in the BKSettings.rpy (cheat menu) and pressing the "?" button in the game (disable archivments)
Code:
    debug = False # Replace this with 'True' for additional cheats and information (recommended for testing)
Or pressing shift + o for the console and typing this into it
Code:
MC.gold = 1000
You can put any number there.
I found the cheat menu

Gvort324

Aug 22, 2020
Hi people, i don't want to whine or anything but i am stuck at the kunoichi part since at least a couple hours and i'm getting desperate, is there away to progress to the next chapter that don't involve that shit ass mini game ?
I have 8 rank B slave and around 12000 grands in the bank, if that can help.

RedGreen3

Apr 13, 2020
Hi people, i don't want to whine or anything but i am stuck at the kunoichi part since at least a couple hours and i'm getting desperate, is there away to progress to the next chapter that don't involve that shit ass mini game ?
There's a weapon you can buy in the shop that bypasses the mini game.

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
Just buy 6 Makabishi in the shop for the first 2 Ninja event for each girl (the makabishi cost 500 gold each). At the last one just let the timer go down to 0 as it's a fail either way.

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes