Bolt237

Apr 24, 2020
Game's supposed to be voiced, but voices don't play?

EDIT:
After some time investigating and experimenting, I finally managed to get voices to play, but only in the Japanese version, using locale emulator, with the original config.rpgsave file, for some reason. Using the one from the translated version in the JP version doesn't work, and using the one from the JP version in the translated version causes it to have no audio and crash after failing to load any audio files in the menu. I have no idea why this is.
Decrypting the config.rpgsave shows that there is a field for "voice" that is set to true in the JP but false in the translated one, but changing this and re-encoding it doesn't seem to work. I admit I'm not a coder but I am stumped. I'm leaving this information here in case anyone wants to figure this out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zator

Geralt_of_Trivia

Jan 27, 2019
Did you mean the game that come out only partial and stay like that unless someone translated full one, huh..talk about bummer news.
game done, released it, end story
then unrelated to official translation or whatever is happening with the dev
>gets requested here
>translator picks it up to
>releases partial translation/work in progress translation
>translator stops because the project is coded in a messy way and gives more haslte than its worth, or they get busy irl and cant continue, or they just dont want to translate it anymore or literally any other reason for them stopping
>stays on 'partial' until someone picks it back up or the internet/f95 host dies

Reactions: Sh666155 and lvana

LocherUnited

Apr 15, 2020
Someone just needs to add to the OP "Translation: Partial (Stale)" so people can stop waiting and move on (y)
It's a much healthier mindset that way

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes