VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Buried Desires [v0.5] [Betisis]

1. 4.00 star(s)

DirectXD1943

Honestly, not that bad. The visuals are great, the story has some issues but ultimately is pretty engaging. I don't really think there's any reason people would rate this lower than a 3, but everyone has their own opinions.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Bugbear32

I was really enjoying it up until Chapter 2. Then it suddenly turned into awful Engrish with constant bugs. I ran into a complete crash in the sister's house right after the bath scene. There is no content with the lolis. It's a shame, the prologue was really promising but in the end, it is an unplayable mess.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

Brojo

The renders and the scenes make me wish the game was way better than it is, but there's not really much point continuing to develop it if you're turning off half the people by the 2nd chapter because you stopped trying to write a decent script. Had no idea what was going on by the end because I skipped through all the dialogue to find scenes, and I usually stick it out if the writing isn't that bad...
  4. 3.00 star(s)

jarrylohnson

Review for version 0.5 of this game.

As mentioned by previous reviews, the game was doing well up to chapter 1 or 2, don't recall which. Than all of the sudden we go from a good story to someone who cannot write at all, someone who is even incapable of using google translate or deepl, and thats hard to do.
    The renders during the entire game are rather good but this deep cliff dive in writing, if you can call it that, just ruins it all.

As of version 0.4 or further, it seems the developer listened to critics and the writing gets better again. The animations are okay, definately not the usual 1-3 frame animatiions but not amazing. I would say mid but I have high standards. I hope Betisis will rewrite the middle part of the game cuz than I could see rating this at 4 stars at least if not higher.

Seeing as the writing improved again I will continue to check out this game, I see quite a bit of potential for further content, as well as, appreciate the improve writing.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

User003

This is one of the biggest disappointments I've ever seen. It starts off reasonably well - nothing particularly amazing but good enough for an erotic game. The prologue sets up the story and establishes the characters before ending with a weird little scene. Chapter 1 continues along the same lines before ending with a wild (not in a good way) cliffhanger. When Chapter 2 picks up it feels like a completely different game as far as the writing goes. Juvenile text-speak and an incoherent narrative replace the previously passable story. What happened?

The renders are the same great quality throughout, but even the erotic scenes are unbearable due to the writing. Hiding the text is an option, but that defeats the point of the game being a Visual Novel. Additionally, the scenes start to focus on new, strange characters instead of the plethora of cute girls that were introduced in the Prologue and Chapter 1. What happened to the main character exploring new territory with his wife? What happened to him being a teacher and using alternative methods to discipline the students at the school, you know, the main plot? What about the school administrator and the other teachers? There are scenes with the sister and nieces, all poorly written of course, and after the ending of Chapter 1 the eldest niece is my least favorite character in the game.

The developer clearly has some talent when it comes to rendering, but they sure do need a writer. I agree with the other reviews that believe there was a writer who left after Chapter 1. The change in quality is just so drastic. I won't give it one star because it is a functional game with great renders, but potential players should spend their time doing anything else.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

mrdhrrflu

The game started well, but it looks like they ran out of money to pay for the writer, and now the developer needs to finish the writing on their own.

This game had so much promise in the beginning. The graphics are really nice, creating a visually appealing experience. However, the story's development and the relationship between the main character and other characters fell short in the last two updates. The main character is an adult that behaves like a horny 13-year-old, and the dialogue has become cringe-worthy. Even the gameplay transitions between scenes feel disjointed. You find yourself in the middle of one scene, and suddenly, you're somewhere else, leaving players confused and trying to piece together the missing information to understand what's going on.

It's such a shame that a game that started with such promise could take such a bad turn in terms of the story. I really don't understand the idea of believing that good quality renders alone can carry a visual novel and compensate for a barely understandable plot.
  7. 1.00 star(s)

Revolving Mania

The renders are good and that's about it. The story began kind of interesting, there was a good plot point like the looming war with the other teacher but it got completely forgotten and replaced with a lame cosplay event where most shit happens without your input. You have no agency during this event and you even get forced into dumb shit. Like, you can probably avoid sexual interactions with most of the girls, but right when there's one that you don't like, guess what, you're forced to see it and you get no choice.

This isn't even a fuckfest game where you can just shut down your brain for a dumb plot, but there's barely any sex here aside from the first time with the wife, you spend most of the time seeing hand jobs and blowjobs. Honestly, don't waste your time with this.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

Kassan06969

Lots of good renders and hot women, but the story goes all over the place. There was earlier a sort of mafia story where
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    . The whole part about teaching seems to be left behind. This would be a 4 star if the dev could keep the story in one place or go back to where it was started as and keep going.
  9. 3.00 star(s)

Doctor Shark

v0.4.5 review

Has many of the same problems as a lot of VNs by first-time developers. The models are cute enough but the story is very unfocused, mostly because there are too many characters. You have the wife, three daughters, a sister and her three daughters, seven(?) schoolgirls in your class, three co-workers, and a handful of random unnamed women you encounter. And there are only about four personality types between them so it's all just very redundant. To add to that there are the side stories and then some choices will unlock "Gallery" pictures that are non-canon but also lewder than most of what's currently in the game.

As of this release there are seven sex scenes in game, two are from side stories, and only one (and it's a side story) involves a petite character, which is strange. The game is clearly marketed to a loli crowd but most of the current content is with milfs.

Gameplay is a standard VN. I was playing with the multi-mod but it seems unclear what your choices actually do. You can gain or lose dominance, love, and relationship but I never hit a spot where the stats seemed to matter (possibly because of the mod).

Maybe worth revisiting once some of the other characters get sex scenes.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

johnman300

ver 0.4.5 rating 4.5*

I played this early, and the writing was... bad. real real bad. Total Engrish. Frankly is was unplayable. HOWEVER, the dev has given the whole thing a rewrite. Its so much better than it was. The renders are terrific, the girls adorable and... er... petite. Its really a 4* game in its current state, but the extra half is for the dramatic improvements to the writing that the dev has done. We always complain about this and that in a game, and in this case the dev listened. He improved it. He deserves significant credit for that. kudos.

The subject matter is nothing new. Incesty/schoolgirl harem stuff. Nothing that hasn't been done a thousand times in a thousand different games. But most of those games dont look nearly as good as this one does. The updates are indeed slow right now... hopefully the dev gets on top of that. Stuff like that will put a screeching halt to any goodwill he has built up. Good effort from the dev though.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

maybemaybe

One of the few current games I don't want to skip dialogues in. Thanks to great renders which include even emotions the atmosphere in the game is comfortable and fun. The characters have their own personalities and there are plenty of them. The plot is not awfully original, but it's solid with a hint of drama in it.

The only thing that may be improved - less mc's face in renders, the rest is quite nice and hopefully there are many kinks to come)
  12. 4.00 star(s)

whotheff

Athgough some clothes choices do not match the girl's age, this game is visually perfect! The story is the regular Dad_fucks_all_that_moves type. Characters are different enough. The only thing that bothers me are the long, one line conversations which feel a bit a waste of time. Some of them are even a bit nonsense. I couldn't figure out the Dominance/Love system and It looks like it is not displayed anywhere how much Dom/Love points each char has. The only thing this game needs is a bit shorter dialogues, more "self talk" and many new story/character branches. But let's not forget that it also needs a final goal, which is currently not clear.
  13. 1.00 star(s)

Tuungi

The renders can't save a cluddered and hectic storyline.
    The goal was simple in the start, but suddenly it shifted towards being more of a sudden jump in between new scenes.
    Some writing makes no sense (seems as bad translation), and lewd scenes are faaar faaar between. Probably 10 scenes with sum titties or nipples, but counted only 3 sex scenes for a whole 5 hours of gameplay.
    This is a pity. Renders are great, animation could have been better, but it was smooth. Camera angles needs to be looked at.

All in all, pretty boring and a huge let down, since it looked so great on paper.

PS: REALLY hated the last scene, where u get MEGA cucked. Just before some long awaited action, the version game was finished. :HideThePain:
  14. 1.00 star(s)

Cetarin

This game started out with potential but no direction and just one absolutely garbage update after another. The 4.5 update, which was after something like a year, was very short and many potential scene options were teased with only a single brief nude scene. This game seems like it wants to be a slow burn but doesn't have the same tension build-up as any decent slow-burn. It throws very blatant options out very quickly and just doesn't do anything with them.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Jestrani

Please continue the story>i realy whant to know what will happen.That thing with the sister i front of the dor whas a teaser?if yes i cant whait to see.Contiue the good work and more updates(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)Stai safe
  16. 4.00 star(s)

sonderishere

Loved some of the moments - especially blurred backgrounds, outstanding outfits and ahegao! Also appreciate the body types of the girls - no huge tits, fit bellys - sexy!
    The hairstyles of the models are also nice
    would love to see much more
    godspeed to the developer
  17. 1.00 star(s)

Andy057

Just talk talk talk. Oh, Iforgot about the B2 scene. So 1.5 boobs and brief look at a girl that went no where. This was a great game but this update almost make me want to add it to the Ignore list. If the next update is similar to this one, I'm out.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

BBQLord

Great experience!

Story isn't very far along yet but the setup is looking fine. Renders look good, if you're into what's shown in the OPs first post that's what you'll get. Main draw however, are the exploration of taboos/kinks and reactivity to some choices.

Depending on how you play your cards you can get some *really* kinky stuff to happen which is more arousing and exciting foreplay and seduction than just straight sex. Though there is enough sex as well. Keep it up, dev!
  19. 4.00 star(s)

Yosc

very interesting game. It's only the beginning but it looks very promising.
    As there are a lot of girls, could we have a recap of who is who (who are the daughters of one and who are the daughters of the other) I am a little lost.
    It would also be cool to allow everyone's names and ages to be chosen.
    Anyway, keep it up, can't wait to see more
  20. 3.00 star(s)

DoOver

v0.4 is short because it's a start...

+ Nice renders

+ Nice variety of renders depicting different age groups and breast/body sizes.
    I like this more than VNs where every render is the same firm body, big tit bimbo (nice for one or two but unrealistic that every demographic from 16yr to MILF would have the same body) or VNs that are all underdeveloped 12yr old bodies (need a few models that have something to hold onto and fondle).

-- The first part of this the dialogue is so messed up I couldn't follow the story without working at it and trying to fill in the blanks (much slower reading and guessing at the intent of the conversation) . This also meant that attempts at humor were lost opportunities since its such a poor English translation.

> If by some chance v0.4 means 40% and v1.0 is 'complete'/100%, then this is way, way too short considering the sheer number of girls involved here.

> Animations were weak, but dev did attempt to have some versus some VNs only have still shots; so I appreciate the effort.

OVERALL:
    I'm willing to revisiting once the content is doubled and maybe some writing/story edits are made.