VN Ren'Py Abandoned Burning Desires [v0.15] [WarAngel]

3.00 star(s) 3 Votes

stahalle

Engaged Member
Jul 11, 2018

Hey everyone, I know I've been pretty quiet lately and I've tried really hard to make things work but with the lack of popularity of the game combined with the whole cost of living crisis here in the UK means that I won't be able to continue working on the game, I just can't afford it. So I'll be closing down my patreon page by the end of the month, I'm really grateful to all of you who have supported me this far and am sorry I couldn't see it through but it is what it is. You've all been great and I'll see you around sometime:)
Hey everyone, I know I've been pretty quiet lately and I've tried really hard to make things work but with the lack of popularity of the game combined with the whole cost of living crisis here in the UK means that I won't be able to continue working on the game, I just can't afford it. So I'll be closing down my patreon page by the end of the month, I'm really grateful to all of you who have supported me this far and am sorry I couldn't see it through but it is what it is. You've all been great and I'll see you around sometime:)
:cry:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Another nice game with original art abandoned
Second time dev has made a game with a massive amount of potential and second time it was abandoned.

Shame because this and Forever Ink could have been huge. Sadlt it wasn't meant to be and with 2 abandoned games a third won't take off at all.

McZoy

Aug 6, 2018
Second time dev has made a game with a massive amount of potential and second time it was abandoned.

Shame because this and Forever Ink could have been huge. Sadlt it wasn't meant to be and with 2 abandoned games a third won't take off at all.
Probably because the vast majority of adult gaming fans are youngsters, they prefer harem games.

cloudstrife

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
I had to stop working on Burning Desires because even though a lot of you liked it it wasn't making enough to keep it going, the truth is that I've had to move back in with my parents for a while because money is pretty tight. I've kind of got something new in mind but due to the nature of the game it would have to be on Subscribestar and I'm not sure how popular that site is. Just struggling to think of something with a good plot that most people will like and will make me enough money to keep it going.

cloudstrife

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
This is a bit of background for the new project I'm slowly working on, let me know what you think of it.

Grace Lawson was a model for Vixxxen fashion magazine, she loved her job almost as much as she loved her fiance Kristian, but when found out she was pregnant she chose to step away from modeling to raise her child. Fast forward 16 years and Grace is a happy housewife and mother to a sweet and beautiful (if a little bit messy) 16 year old daughter Sadie, although things have gotten a bit stale between Grace and Kristian in the bedroom over the past couple of years. One day while waiting for Sadie to finish school she runs into a photographer who used to do photoshoots of her, he offers her a chance to get back Infront of the camera and with a little encouragement from her daughter decides to take him up on it. Will Grace's return to the page rekindle some of the passion missing from her marriage, or will close proximity to other models lead to more taboo encounters?.

cloudstrife

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
I think you're going to have a hard time getting support for a new game when you've already abandoned two regardless of what site you use. Who wants to support a game that will also probably be abandoned if it doesn't make enough money?
It's a good point. I think at this stage even getting about £200 a month would be a big help and would probably be enough to see it through

cloudstrife

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
I plan on having an optional incest path with the daughter, which is why it would have to go on Subscribestar

Kassan06969

Apr 14, 2022
It's a good point. I think at this stage even getting about £200 a month would be a big help and would probably be enough to see it through
Abandoning one game, let alone two gets a dev a very bad reputation around here. Subscribestar doesn't have as many people looking as Patreon. A big thing is a lot of people find games from here, and it's very unlikely after doing that ANYONE will take the gamble and support.

Reactions: xoxo1001

stahalle

Engaged Member
Jul 11, 2018
i really like the plot you are planning and as much as i like the games youve done so far, these games dont have the genres that bring the money. most support are male protagonist incest harems or female protagonists that get fucked by old ugly bastards, little boys(even more if its her son) or assholes.

Kassan06969

Apr 14, 2022
TBH you really can't expect to make a living on your game. Most devs work a regular job and work on the games as a hobby for a little extra income. Only a small percentage are able to live off their game(s) and a much smaller percentage make big bucks. I'd suggest getting a regular job and going back to working on this game - and apologizing for temporarily abandoning it.

3.00 star(s) 3 Votes