VN Ren'Py Abandoned By Midsummer Moonlight [Ep. 2] [Mimir's Lab]

4.50 star(s) 38 Votes

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
So i just finished it, i really enjoyed it so far, it has pretty good writing and cute female characters that are written well, they aren't generic and boring.. and that cliff-hanger.. i'm looking forward to the next update!

Havenless_

Oct 12, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I agree with that. In my opinion, it cheapens her character a lot. Honestly, I think it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Losing your virginity to a stranger, after you said you wanted it to be on a special occasion and with someone special, because Victoria told you that you wouldn't be friends again if you don't? Genuinely seems absurd to me.

If she's really her friend, she would never manipulate her like that. Literally "forcing" her to have sex with a total stranger. She practically didn't object at any point. I really didn't like that whole part at all.

In an incest game you always appreciate having a sex scene with one of the girls in the family relatively early on, but that way doesn't seem right to me, for the reasons I say. If Audrey wanted to learn about sex but remain a virgin, what I would see much, much more logical is if she had not been influenced by her "friend", and it was Victoria who fucked the MC, leaving Audrey to watch them and try to learn. Audrey realizes that the stranger is her brother the same way, by seeing the necklace, and the cliffhanger would have worked the same way, realizing that her "friend" wanted to make her brother shag her. Anyway...

Despite this, I really enjoyed the game a lot. lol
The characters have very interesting and well defined personalities and the writing seems to me very well done. This is what I emphasize, the writing. I find it very top notch.

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
By Midsummer Moonlight [EP1] [Mimir's Lab] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC*: 801 MB / 266 MB - ByMidsummerMoonlight-Episode-1-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 784 MB / 249 MB - ByMidsummerMoonlight-Episode-1-mac-crunched.zip

Download (PC*/Mac): - -

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway! (y) Thanks! ;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

Tools: YAC v3.1c (hngg@f95zone) - -

DeUglyOne

Bite Me!
Donor
Sep 1, 2017
Why the kink with shiny skin? I never have understood the fascination with it. People don't shine!
I don't care how good a story it is, I just can't get into plastic dolls.

Good luck with it, but it's a pass for me.

Mimir's Lab

Game Developer
Sep 30, 2019
Wait a sec though is the timeframe for the game just three weeks or are we going beyond that? Hopefully it is beyond that......much further beyond that, because to juggle so many relationships and form something meaningful, if it is just three weeks it might feel rushed. That really doesn't give much time to flesh out a lot of the story.
Three weeks is the time frame I need to wrap up the MC's first inner journey. Basically, if there's no interest in the game, that's a good stopping point for me. I won't say anymore as we'd get into spoiler territory.

Eishier

Feb 27, 2019
Sex scene with Audrey seems out of her character but if it's has to be her doing the deed it could be just giving a blowjob to learn how please since she's waiting for the right guy but don't want be seen as a prude
There is a lesbian tag in future tags it's a turn off for me i hope it will be avoidable and two of the sisters have girl friend i hope you don't follow cliche about every girl must be bi and fuck their girl friend or LI's must fuck each other

Last edited:

acondo

Jul 23, 2020
I agree with that. In my opinion, it cheapens her character a lot. Honestly, I think it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Losing your virginity to a stranger, after you said you wanted it to be on a special occasion and with someone special, because Victoria told you that you wouldn't be friends again if you don't? Genuinely seems absurd to me.

If she's really her friend, she would never manipulate her like that. Literally "forcing" her to have sex with a total stranger. She practically didn't object at any point. I really didn't like that whole part at all.

In an incest game you always appreciate having a sex scene with one of the girls in the family relatively early on, but that way doesn't seem right to me, for the reasons I say. If Audrey wanted to learn about sex but remain a virgin, what I would see much, much more logical is if she had not been influenced by her "friend", and it was Victoria who fucked the MC, leaving Audrey to watch them and try to learn. Audrey realizes that the stranger is her brother the same way, by seeing the necklace, and the cliffhanger would have worked the same way, realizing that her "friend" wanted to make her brother shag her. Anyway...

Despite this, I really enjoyed the game a lot. lol
The characters have very interesting and well defined personalities and the writing seems to me very well done. This is what I emphasize, the writing. I find it very top notch.
giphy (1).gif
Damn! This was so close to be the perfect first release, the deep characterization and drama even reminded me to My New Family in a way, which is a good thing. But then Audrey part came and I was like “WTF is she doing? This doesn’t make any sense” :WaitWhat: I just closed the game didn’t even finish the scene.

But welp what you gonna do, no game is perfect.

Basically, if there's no interest in the game, that's a good stopping point for me.
I hope you find your audience. Good luck.(y)

Rodrigoofb

Aug 24, 2020
Very solid stuff so far. I liked pretty much everything, except the last scene. For me that would work better if Audrey objected a bit more to the whole thing, and refused to go all the way right off the bat. Like, you want your friend to teach you about sex, cool. But going all out right in the first lesson, crazy stuff. Victoria's actions throughout that whole scene had me baffled, she outright said that if Audrey were to back out, she should walk out the door and never talk to her again, what a great friend. And if she said that just to put more pressure onto Audrey for her to do it, that just shows that she's not a very good friend to have.

Maybe that scene would have worked better if Audrey just watched Victoria do the sexy stuff, or maybe have Audrey just give the MC a handjob or blowjob, but going all the way with some stranger to get some sex experience under your belt just because your friend said so? Big oof indeed.

stewscotia

Jun 4, 2018
Sex scene with Audrey seems out of her character but if it's has to be her doing the deed it could be just giving a blowjob to learn how please since she's waiting for the right guy but don't want be seen as a prude
There is a lesbian tag in future tags it's a turn off for me i hope it will be avoidable and two of the sisters have girl friend i hope you don't follow cliche about every girl must be bi and fuck their girl friend or LI's must fuck each other
I agree about Audry, you dont have a character be a sweet an innocent girl to "oh ill just give my virginity to someone I think is a stranger" And not only that you would think she would have higher moral standing to not be goaded into it by her so called friend. Not only that, It could technically be seen as rape on the part of the MC, He gave consent to her friend not Audry. So her friend is rather despicable in my eyes. That would be like a guy inviting a girl to his home just to blindfold her and have a gang rape party. Never thinking its anyone but the person who invited them. Theres no consent there, therefore it could be construed as rape even if Audry didnt know. I wouldnt be mad at Audry, but her friend, yeah id be mega pissed. And if I was the MC id certainly wonder about Audry and how she so flippantly gave up her virginity to a "stranger" Just my thoughts/opinion.

sdawg1234

Dec 1, 2019
Really good chapter with the only exception being the ending just because it felt rushed and out of place. No need to explain as others have already pointed it out. I would've liked to know more about why the family dynamic is the way it is with the mom and eldest sister but I guess I can wait. One thing that maybe could be improved on is the extra renders where characters change expressions in between conversations. I like it because it adds personality but not sure it's needed every time someone talks as it just adds some extra clicks.

I wish you much luck dev on your venture into the VN world and look forward to seeing where the story goes in the next update.

Mimir's Lab

Game Developer
Sep 30, 2019
The whole Audrey thing was really silly and just baffling to me.
Why would she do that? because Victoria told her so?
I really think you should re do that whole scene, it cheapens her character.
I'll have to sleep on it and give it some more thought.

superham90

Mar 3, 2019
Let´s just say... what a cliffhanger there we have...
Good game, well written and some nice renders overall 9.5/10, it would be a 10/10 but Audrey sex scene is just like not her character, we will need to wait what happens with her friend.

Kinky Bully

Feb 17, 2020
I smell some epic content :BootyTime:
Let's hope this won't disappoint!
This roommate thing is batshit stupid. Fuk u patreon.

Reactions: thegrimm
4.50 star(s) 38 Votes