professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Something is wrong, since my installed game (v0.75) takes up 2.6GB and the full download (v0.78) takes up 2.9GB compressed ...
I think you must have clicked on the wrong link. I just checked the Mega link for win/pc under "COMPRESSED" and it measures 1.06GB. The full version is still 2.6GB.

If you have a working version of ver0.75 already, you can download the update, (only a 52kb zip) unzip it in your game folder and it should update you to 0.78.

good luck

JiraiyaSennin

Feb 11, 2017
I think you must have clicked on the wrong link. I just checked the Mega link for win/pc under "COMPRESSED" and it measures 1.06GB. The full version is still 2.6GB.

If you have a working version of ver0.75 already, you can download the update, (only a 52kb zip) unzip it in your game folder and it should update you to 0.78.

good luck
I wasn't referring to the "compressed version", I was saying that the zip file "Callisto-X-Ver0.78-pc.zip" takes up 2.9GB, while my full installed version of 0.75 takes up 2.6GB, so I was wondering what a "52kb update" would do to make up the 300mb difference.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
I wasn't referring to the "compressed version", I was saying that the zip file "Callisto-X-Ver0.78-pc.zip" takes up 2.9GB, while my full installed version of 0.75 takes up 2.6GB, so I was wondering what a "52kb update" would do to make up the 300mb difference.
The Update doesn't. I just checked my distribution files and I see that Ver 0.75 zip also takes up 2.9GB, or rather (2,869,735,052) which is almost identical to ver 0.78's 2.9GB zip file size so there is very little difference in the size of the two versions' zip file sizes.

I don't happen to have an upzipped operational copy of ver 0.75 at this moment having just updated my files but I did notice that my working copy of ver 0.78 takes up only 2.7GB so I must assume that the smaller size of the program unzipped is an anomaly of the zipping process itself. IE It collects all the files but does not compress them any further. So as far as the file size change goes, I wouldn't worry about the small difference between the zip'd and unzipped file sizes.

cheers