Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
I thought Callisto was okay, I was also expecting an actual follow on from it, like the developer expanding it, but it never happened. If your a fan, then you surely should be buying the same assets from the original game, or contact the previous developer and ask him can you buy or have his models / assets because you want to continue his legacy.

I think that no matter what you do, this is a horrid game, all I can say so far is that it is an embarrassment to the original game, although the original wasn't that good either, but it was better than this. I hear you, when you say you're a fan, but sometimes, fans should not try to replicate things they don't have the ability for, or in this case the assets / models / props etc.

I would seriously consider listening to your audience, the public and especially on here. This is your game, but your setting yourself for one heck of a fall if you don't listen to advice, some of that advice is going to be bad some is going to be good, you need to choose, not ignore it). It doesn't get much worse, when people complain about the grind, and you completely dismiss it..with who cares, find another game if you don't like the grind. Why are you being so condescending to people? Advice, ideas etc are all good things that might improve your game and they may not, but if you utterly dismiss them out of hand so abjectly, this game is going to massively fail.

Listen to people who play your game and take their concerns seriously, not just dismiss them out of hand like they don't matter. I am going to go ahead and also assume this is your first vn, it will probably be your last and it will very likely end up abandoned. I've seen it too many times. I am not invested in this game like I was the original, I really don't like what you have done, you lost me at the very beginning, which is neither here nor there, but this is one bad avn
As for trying to get subscribers, tell me, why would they subscribe to this game which is nothing but purely a giant mess, and almost a literal rip off from the original game, with a few slight changes here and there? Does the original developer of Callisto know your actually doing this Does he know your going to his game files?

Reactions: Sirnoobicus

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Why is the max text speed not instant? How do I make it instant?
Only Callisto AI speaking at the introduction of the game uses a quickly scrolling text. That's because she's a virtual AI in a computer and she's a little slow in processing. If it bothers you hit the spacebar or enter before it finishes scrolling.

After the intro, all further text in the game is immediate. So no adjustment is necessary.

Sennistrasz

Oct 6, 2020
Only Callisto AI speaking at the introduction of the game uses a quickly scrolling text. That's because she's a virtual AI in a computer and she's a little slow in processing. If it bothers you hit the spacebar or enter before it finishes scrolling.

After the intro, all further text in the game is immediate. So no adjustment is necessary.
After that it still comes out in batches of text, it's still quite annoying, along with the transition delays.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
"I thought Callisto was okay, I was also expecting an actual follow on from it, like the developer expanding it, but it never happened."
Sorry to disappoint you. However the continuation of the story doesn't happen until the end...which I see you didn't seem to know about. You must not have seen the ending of this version or you'd know about that.

"...you surely should be buying the same assets..."
Not going to happen. The original developer has moved on. I have only the original material to work with...in jpeg form.
Check out his new game. ...er...maybe you shouldn't seeing what you said next

"...I think that no matter what you do, this is a horrid game,... although the original wasn't that good either..."

Well then if you don't like the original, I don't expect you'd like any improved version either. Would you? Which, BTW, I do listen to people who post here even if they don't like the game which you've just shown you are prejudiced against liking.
Now if you had any specific suggestions/criticisms, I'd listen. I'm not being condescending when I discover someone has not played or understood the game, I just get no value from their statements.

For example when you say " Does the original developer of Callisto know your actually doing this" it tells me you didn't play the game or pay attention because the answer to that is right at the start, inside the game!

So you see, your comments that my game is 'a literal rip off' and 'a giant mess' and only has 'a few slight changes here and there' make no sense to me because they are emotionally driven and factually wrong.
Did you even look at the list of changes I show in my ChangeLog? Well, no matter, you're upset and venting.

I hope you find a game you do enjoy, one that gives you what you're looking for. Cheers.

Reactions: imzahai

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Ah.. Ok thank you. Yes, I did put some scrolling in the first sex scene, mostly for timing. But don't worry, that's about the last scrolling you'll see throughout the story.
(Honestly, I wanted to re-animate the whole first sex scene or scrap it but since I don't have access to the models or Daz, I couldn't animate it like it needed and I couldn't dump it because it is integral to the whole story, So I did what I could and be done with it.)

And Yes, I did put pauses between sentences there.
I see you're one of those who doesn't like the pauses between sentences that comes when I want the player to take a second between the MC's thoughts.

This is standard on many Ren'py VN or story games where the Dev does not have images to spare. For example on "Trials of a Mage" the Dev has whole conversations while everybody hardly moves. If you play for the story, it doesn't hurt the game or story. But if it's primarily sex scenes you're after, it does and that/this game is not for you.
But understand, I try not to use it except where the dialog advances and I have no images to follow OR I want you to take a second and reflect the MC's inner thoughts.

You may find that most (about 80%) of the dialog and imaging are one line one image but if this bugs you I'm sorry. If you're one of those like to race through the game to get to the 'jucy' parts I can understand why it would be irritating but, if I may, that's not the way this game, which is primarily an interactive VN is meant to be played.
This story is the primary focus and is meant to be enjoyed by taking your time and letting it unfold and open up a whole world for you to play in. It gets bigger and more complex in story, and environment (and later, h-scenes you can repeat) as you get deeper and deeper into it. It is NOT primarily a vehicle just to promote just sex scenes.
It is a huge interstellar saga with sex included instead of ignored.

So, I hope you understand the design of the game and can enjoy a good story. If it's too irritating, I apologize and I hope you find another game you like more. Oh, and thanks for showing me what you were having problems with. Best of luck.

Sennistrasz

Oct 6, 2020
Ah.. Ok thank you. Yes, I did put some scrolling in the first sex scene, mostly for timing. But don't worry, that's about the last scrolling you'll see throughout the story.
(Honestly, I wanted to re-animate the whole first sex scene or scrap it but since I don't have access to the models or Daz, I couldn't animate it like it needed and I couldn't dump it because it is integral to the whole story, So I did what I could and be done with it.)

And Yes, I did put pauses between sentences there.
I see you're one of those who doesn't like the pauses between sentences that comes when I want the player to take a second between the MC's thoughts.

This is standard on many Ren'py VN or story games where the Dev does not have images to spare. For example on "Trials of a Mage" the Dev has whole conversations while everybody hardly moves. If you play for the story, it doesn't hurt the game or story. But if it's primarily sex scenes you're after, it does and that/this game is not for you.
But understand, I try not to use it except where the dialog advances and I have no images to follow OR I want you to take a second and reflect the MC's inner thoughts.

You may find that most (about 80%) of the dialog and imaging are one line one image but if this bugs you I'm sorry. If you're one of those like to race through the game to get to the 'jucy' parts I can understand why it would be irritating but, if I may, that's not the way this game, which is primarily an interactive VN is meant to be played.
This story is the primary focus and is meant to be enjoyed by taking your time and letting it unfold and open up a whole world for you to play in. It gets bigger and more complex in story, and environment (and later, h-scenes you can repeat) as you get deeper and deeper into it. It is NOT primarily a vehicle just to promote just sex scenes.
It is a huge interstellar saga with sex included instead of ignored.

So, I hope you understand the design of the game and can enjoy a good story. If it's too irritating, I apologize and I hope you find another game you like more. Oh, and thanks for showing me what you were having problems with. Best of luck.
I don't mind long passages of text with little action, you can see in my signature Price of Power which is 95% a zoom in on someone's face and people just talking, minimal action.

What I mind is that I don't have control over how fast I want to read. You have a short sentence and a pause, I thought it was over and click, but there was a second part to it. The whole thing is only 2 sentences, it's not that long, it doesn't need a dramatic pause.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: professorx10

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
I don't mind long passages of text with little action, you can see in my signature Price of Power which is 95% a zoom in on someone's face and people just talking, minimal action.

What I mind is that I don't have control over how fast I want to read. You have a short sentence and a pause, I thought it was over and click, but there was a second part to it. The whole thing is only 2 sentences, it's not that long, it doesn't need a dramatic pause.
Ok, Sennistrasz , after some thought and consideration, I see your point. That delay can be a problem to such a degree as to interrupt the thought flow and action. I've decided it's enough of a problem that I will go back and examine all the text delays and remove/change them. They'll either be single text or continuation clicks.

Additionally, one player objected to the third animation in MC's and Tiffany's first h-scene being substandard and, although it was my best effort at the time, I was never happy with it either. The more I look at it, the less I like the fact it gives the player the wrong impression of what the rest of my visual mods will be like. Apologies aside, I've figured out a much better fix for that animation so it looks like I'll be coming up with another 'bug fix release' prior to my final planned release.

Reactions: Sennistrasz

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Just a short memo to let players know about June update news.

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
CallistoX-0.78
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.
Want to join the team? Read more here!

Reactions: condedracula

IDontGetWomen

Sep 9, 2021
I picked the exact same options for the race. One time it leads to restarting the race, the other time leads to me winning the race. genuinely with how many complaints there are about the race, it is astounding how stubborn you are to keep it in the game.

Reactions: Sirnoobicus

duckydoodoo

Nov 9, 2023
Will you save the Galaxy? Or will you DIE in the attempt?
Will you retire a happy Hero? . . . or be just another dead body floating in space?
Gonna be honest, I wanna be just another dead body floating in space. In real life, conent sitting on my ass out back with the dog and drink in retirement is grand. In a game doing save the galaxy shit, rather die young and leave a pretty corpse

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
I picked the exact same options for the race. One time it leads to restarting the race, the other time leads to me winning the race. genuinely with how many complaints there are about the race, it is astounding how stubborn you are to keep it in the game.
If you picked the option that leads to restarting the race, and met Callisto-AI in the process, that means you crashed.
She was just being nice to you in seeing you had been doing so well so far, she gave you a second chance. If you pick that choice again, same thing happens. You need to choose a different choice to 'win' the race.

The hover bike race is a good mini-game for anyone who's ridden motorcycles and reads the clues given.

For those of you who love to skip text to get to the h-scenes and hate mini-game challenges, this is not your game. I pointed that out in the "welcome to the game page'.

• Haha
Reactions: Hollibolli

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Gonna be honest, I wanna be just another dead body floating in space. In real life, conent sitting on my ass out back with the dog and drink in retirement is grand. In a game doing save the galaxy shit, rather die young and leave a pretty corpse
Thank you for your honesty. I tried to help you die better and more often in this version of the VN. Galaxy saving is not for the lazy or non-adventuresome y'know so I put a few more realistic impediments....and rewards...in your way. Happy floating in space!

However, if you do manage to bumble your way through and save the galaxy, you'll find a better retirement than the original Callisto offered. Even in this mid-development version has a cute scene that way. cheers

Reactions: duckydoodoo