Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
oh look illusion of choice, and lets take a solid if tedious game, and make it frustrating and annoying! HOT DAMN THIS IS GENIUS!

be honest dev.... you think Riccitiello is a great guy and business genius dont you?

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
On one hand I always appreciate the passion of some fans to create their 'fanfictions', on the other, if they're this talented I wished they came up with their own characters and stories.
I understand when other devs decided to take the mantel if another dev dropped a VN for good, but Callisto did have an ending and was completed. Also, you'd always have to compete with the quality of the original VN, so I dunno...

Not gonna be playing this one, but best of luck for the dev and I hope people who are following this enjoy it.

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
I liked the original game - but the endings - a harem of all the crew members on the ship should be an ending as well
also will there also be a mod made like the first Callisto??
Maybe you can fix the Love index system, it seems to flex randomly up and down

Last edited:

consumptionist

Donor
Aug 7, 2019
never even finished the first one as the clicking around the ship became such a tedious time sink with all those rinse and repeat events you see over and over.
reading the feed makes me think this will just be a rinse and repeat of that same experience so thx for the heads up. i will avoid the headache

Geowraith

Jan 28, 2020
There's some interesting things in here, but adding a few options to "choices" on top of the existing storyline isn't an auspicious beginning, combined with a "Game Over" mechanic... I'm interested enough for another run-through and perhaps seeing if the next version evolves things in a positive direction.

I recall working through a few VN's where the "Game Over" screen led back to the decision point where the bad option was selected... allowing the player to jump back into the storyline. I've seen it done a couple of ways... might be something worth exploring. So far, I have seen no major divergence from the original VN.

I enjoyed the original VN, but one aspect which could improve the experience is something for the MC to do when "turns on board" don't have "Star" events to fill the time. Especially later in the original VN, there was a lot of downtime spent just advancing the time period with the fast forward button since there wasn't anything to do. Variants of repeating events would be interesting... hopefully some of that is coming in future installments.

Another useful thing might be increasing the number of "save slots" per page in the Save/Load interface. I don't know if that's dependent on Ren'Py version or what, but it is handy for this VN to have lot of slots available for the non-repeatable events... or a gallery mod or something.

Reactions: professorx10

stargate1979

Mar 12, 2020
I am confused. Been playing about 20 minutes and this is the same damn game as before. I enjoyed the first but why would I play it again.

Wtf is this dev doing, It's the same fucking game. Ultra Pathetic, Fucking Rip Off.

Last edited:

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
was a fan of Xavster's Calisto, is there gonna be anything different about this one? are we looking at new stories set in the same universe or is this a retelling of the same story? does this one continue where the game by Xavster left off? from the screenshots i like the art style and renders look to be clean. what are the plans for this project? you have my interest, i just want to know more about your plans for the story and characters!
Thank you CptValor and to answer your questions and for the sake of others who might be wondering the same things.

Callisto-X is a retelling of Callisto but with several big "Howevers!! that make it worth the revisit"

I am a big fan of Xavster_gaming and especially Callisto. I was part of the development team that helped create the original. However, upon its release over a year ago, I was honest enough to realize the story/game had a few shortcomings, the most egregious to me and according to some feedback from players, was the way it ended. While an honest and a proper ending for the situation, it felt as 'somewhat of a downer.'

That was my original motive for creating Callisto-X. Originally I just thought I'd create a mod to re-write the ending and Xavster was kind enough to support me with new images for that purpose. I have now completed a completely new ending to the game with some wild twists that a player can choose that leads to a 'happier ending' (it had to be anon-Harem style though, to be consistent with the story's universe) wit more about each of the characters.

However, upon completion of that mod, I realized the other 'glitches' that Callisto had that also needed attention. I found myself animating fist fights, space fighter battles, adding voicing and sound effects and as you've already seen, integrating the beginning of the story into the plot as part of the game.

So, what Callisto-X is a re-telling of Callisto, with the addition of parts you've not seen before, filling out of plot holes, added all of the above elements to smooth out and expanding the story and characters as it goes and ending it with a bang.

However, you must understand I am somewhat limited by my tools. I do not have the DAZ 3D models or Xavster's help anymore (he's fully into producing Stellar Crossroads of which I'm also helping develop ) and I do need the support and encouragement of anyone who, like me, enjoyed Callisto and would like to see the expanded 'finished' game it could be. I have access to all the development files from Callisto to work with and, as you've seen, I plan on it being as cleanly rendered as the original.

So I released the first version which, I might add, was months in the making and represents the first THREE releases and updates of Callisto's story to get started and elicit support and help. I plan on releasing "X" in big chunks depending on the support and suggestions I get.

I hope this answers your questions on what I hope to produce with Callisto-X and I look forward to any help and suggestions if you think this is a worth while project. If you do not, please be polite in your rejections, I have more than a year in development so far and am, I confess, somewhat sensitive about 'my little girl.'

PS: I'm more of a 'mad scientist' than a 'Professor' and Callisto-X is the little girl you see in my crystal ball. Cheers.

CptValor

Oct 8, 2017
Thank you CptValor and to answer your questions and for the sake of others who might be wondering the same things.

Callisto-X is a retelling of Callisto but with several big "Howevers!! that make it worth the revisit"

I am a big fan of Xavster_gaming and especially Callisto. I was part of the development team that helped create the original. However, upon its release over a year ago, I was honest enough to realize the story/game had a few shortcomings, the most egregious to me and according to some feedback from players, was the way it ended. While an honest and a proper ending for the situation, it felt as 'somewhat of a downer.'

That was my original motive for creating Callisto-X. Originally I just thought I'd create a mod to re-write the ending and Xavster was kind enough to support me with new images for that purpose. I have now completed a completely new ending to the game with some wild twists that a player can choose that leads to a 'happier ending' (it had to be anon-Harem style though, to be consistent with the story's universe) wit more about each of the characters.

However, upon completion of that mod, I realized the other 'glitches' that Callisto had that also needed attention. I found myself animating fist fights, space fighter battles, adding voicing and sound effects and as you've already seen, integrating the beginning of the story into the plot as part of the game.

So, what Callisto-X is a re-telling of Callisto, with the addition of parts you've not seen before, filling out of plot holes, added all of the above elements to smooth out and expanding the story and characters as it goes and ending it with a bang.

However, you must understand I am somewhat limited by my tools. I do not have the DAZ 3D models or Xavster's help anymore (he's fully into producing Stellar Crossroads of which I'm also helping develop ) and I do need the support and encouragement of anyone who, like me, enjoyed Callisto and would like to see the expanded 'finished' game it could be. I have access to all the development files from Callisto to work with and, as you've seen, I plan on it being as cleanly rendered as the original.

So I released the first version which, I might add, was months in the making and represents the first THREE releases and updates of Callisto's story to get started and elicit support and help. I plan on releasing "X" in big chunks depending on the support and suggestions I get.

I hope this answers your questions on what I hope to produce with Callisto-X and I look forward to any help and suggestions if you think this is a worth while project. If you do not, please be polite in your rejections, I have more than a year in development so far and am, I confess, somewhat sensitive about 'my little girl.'

PS: I'm more of a 'mad scientist' than a 'Professor' and Callisto-X is the little girl you see in my crystal ball. Cheers.
right on! as i mentioned before your project had my interest and from what your saying seems like something id be interested in keeping an eye on as it develops into what you envision it to be! not sure if i can do monetary support, but willing to give morale support or proofreading/ suggestion support if needed (but you response seemed pretty eloquent so i dont know if translations or english grammar are issues for you)! as others have already mentioned, a harem end would be a nice addition but since your just starting out and your reworked ending isnt a harem end i suppose we will just have to see what the future holds on that note!

i am glad to hear you were part of the original production team working with Xavster and not just a random fan who took it upon themselves to use the assets of another creators game and make their own! i admit that was a big concern when first seeing this game come up! thank you for taking the time to write out such a lengthy and detailed response and setting mine and other concerned fans minds at ease about whats going on with the Calisto (reboot? i guess... maybe?) project! you defiantly didnt need to take the time out to do that so doing so is appreciated!

before i end my response, i did have one request id like to ask right off the bat! can we maybe see more lewd scenes with the doc (oh i cant remember her name right now)? but anyway, i really liked her and Xavster didnt give us enough scenes with her imo! another thing i mentioned to Xavster when he was developing Calisto, when roaming around inside your ship and you initiate conversation with the girls they would tend to repeat one line over and over if there was no current event/mission going on with that character. well i had mentioned making them say different things or asking if they can help you and have repeatable sex scenes available if they were at a high enough relationship level or even just options to sit and spend time with them to build relationship points or something would have been cool! dont know if this will be something you could do or if it would be too difficult but im just throwin it out there as a ship full of pretty mannequins who parrot the same line over and over would get tedious when waiting for events to trigger and all that!

again thanks for takin the time out to respond and ill be expectantly keeping my eye on this one! good luck with the project!

Reactions: BGRW2020

kage1822

Mar 21, 2020
I loved the original Callisto, and got excited when I saw this, but then... I can't progress... no matter how many times I attempt the race, it always ends in losing the race and having to restart the race... I've had to restart the race 10x....:mad:

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
I loved the original Callisto, and got excited when I saw this, but then... I can't progress... no matter how many times I attempt the race, it always ends in losing the race and having to restart the race... I've had to restart the race 10x....:mad:
Yeah, Life's like that sometimes, isn't it? But like life, it is not that you lose the race....but how you lose the race that makes you a winner...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Angry
Reactions: stargate1979

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
right on! as i mentioned before your project had my interest and from what your saying seems like something id be interested in keeping an eye on as it develops into what you envision it to be! not sure if i can do monetary support, but willing to give morale support or proofreading/ suggestion support if needed (but you response seemed pretty eloquent so i dont know if translations or english grammar are issues for you)! as others have already mentioned, a harem end would be a nice addition but since your just starting out and your reworked ending isnt a harem end i suppose we will just have to see what the future holds on that note!

i am glad to hear you were part of the original production team working with Xavster and not just a random fan who took it upon themselves to use the assets of another creators game and make their own! i admit that was a big concern when first seeing this game come up! thank you for taking the time to write out such a lengthy and detailed response and setting mine and other concerned fans minds at ease about whats going on with the Calisto (reboot? i guess... maybe?) project! you defiantly didnt need to take the time out to do that so doing so is appreciated!

before i end my response, i did have one request id like to ask right off the bat! can we maybe see more lewd scenes with the doc (oh i cant remember her name right now)? but anyway, i really liked her and Xavster didnt give us enough scenes with her imo! another thing i mentioned to Xavster when he was developing Calisto, when roaming around inside your ship and you initiate conversation with the girls they would tend to repeat one line over and over if there was no current event/mission going on with that character. well i had mentioned making them say different things or asking if they can help you and have repeatable sex scenes available if they were at a high enough relationship level or even just options to sit and spend time with them to build relationship points or something would have been cool! dont know if this will be something you could do or if it would be too difficult but im just throwin it out there as a ship full of pretty mannequins who parrot the same line over and over would get tedious when waiting for events to trigger and all that!

again thanks for takin the time out to respond and ill be expectantly keeping my eye on this one! good luck with the project!

Thanks for your interest. I'll do my best to make this an interesting --sometimes surprising--ride. I can't promise additional lewd scenes or anything specific (we'd all like to see certain stuff) but I am going to try to improve everything I can. Your comment about repeated one liner's is one thing I'm aware of...if I can't change them, at least I can try to make them a little more sensible. I've already changed Alice and Rachel on the bridge.

and I am up for ideas and suggestions on improvements. For example, what would be a good joke on a guy trying to buy a freighter (or a sports car) he can't afford? I wanted to make the MC's attempt to buy the other three freighters into joke situations but came up flat. if anyone's got some good suggestions for humor, I'm willing to look at redoing those mini segments. So helpful hints or ideas are always welcome and I'll always put them on the list for consideration. And I'll do all the ones I can and that I think improves the game and story.

So where I'm at right now, the ending is solidly done, the beginning is a good start but could use improvement and I've got lots of improvements here and there between the two already finished but there is still much to be done in the center of the story between the two. Lots to look forward to and talk about.

And thanks again for your support, I really appreciate it.

kage1822

Mar 21, 2020
"Play it cautious and go to the inside."
"Come out fast but move to the far right.":
"Chop power...Careful, you can't see the road surface.."
"I'm in the pack. I better draft Tanya for now.":
"Stay Right. Watch your braking... Stay out of traffic..."
"Ah, one out! Lucky I've an inside position. Let's use it."
"Oops...Oops... Better dive in slow for this one."
thnx

Reactions: condedracula

CptValor

Oct 8, 2017
Thanks for your interest. I'll do my best to make this an interesting --sometimes surprising--ride. I can't promise additional lewd scenes or anything specific (we'd all like to see certain stuff) but I am going to try to improve everything I can. Your comment about repeated one liner's is one thing I'm aware of...if I can't change them, at least I can try to make them a little more sensible. I've already changed Alice and Rachel on the bridge.

and I am up for ideas and suggestions on improvements. For example, what would be a good joke on a guy trying to buy a freighter (or a sports car) he can't afford? I wanted to make the MC's attempt to buy the other three freighters into joke situations but came up flat. if anyone's got some good suggestions for humor, I'm willing to look at redoing those mini segments. So helpful hints or ideas are always welcome and I'll always put them on the list for consideration. And I'll do all the ones I can and that I think improves the game and story.

So where I'm at right now, the ending is solidly done, the beginning is a good start but could use improvement and I've got lots of improvements here and there between the two already finished but there is still much to be done in the center of the story between the two. Lots to look forward to and talk about.

And thanks again for your support, I really appreciate it.
cool. even if certain requests cant be done its fine! i know that you probably already have a lot on your plate so if you can add em cool, if not, i understand! but ya never know if ya dont ask right?

so as far as a joke for a freighter or vehicle being too expensive, you could try something like:
oh only 1 billion credits (or insert whatever price you decide on here)...
*MC checks his pockets/ wallet*
oh damn... i left my galactic express card (parody of an American Express card) in my other pants!

(if you went wit that joke you could also make a reference to it and make a parody of the old American Express commercials where the MC grabs his wallet and sees that his credit card is still there and he turns to look at the screen with a thumbs up and either in text or a narrated voice says "Galactic Express card... dont leave the Galaxy without it!")

its just something quick and off the top of my head. dont know if you think its too cheesy or not but feel free to use it if you like! thats all i got right now.

Onirune

Mar 23, 2019
Bike segment revived all traumas from old games where without god damn guide near impossible to move past certain sections of the game. How on Earth it possible to guess not to load game after losing, but to replay race exactly same way? Twice...

• Haha
Reactions: PapaPhat

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Bike segment revived all traumas from old games where without god damn guide near impossible to move past certain sections of the game. How on Earth it possible to guess not to load game after losing, but to replay race exactly same way? Twice...
I feel your pain, my friend. professorx10 and I have been friends for a while now. First in the original Callisto, and again now that I have also joined Xavster's dev team on Stellar Crossroads to help with royalty free music and a lot of play testing. Since I do consider him a friend, I have made my constructive criticism remarks privately until now so as not to embarrass my friend. But, I played the race no less than 15 times myself and ultimately demanded a WT if I were going to continue playing. Fortunately, X already did that and posted it in the spoiler portion of his post here... https://f95zone.to/threads/callisto-x-v0-33-professorx-10.178227/post-11984903

There are several things that I wish he had not changed and I have already reported those directly... What has improved that I have seen thus far is a much more rapid progression to get to Tiffany's trading training and faster transition to get to the basketball game that allows for some "happy time" in the shower with Tanya, Rachael and Kara. I hope to see other improvements in the flow of the gameplay as I go and also hope that some of the items I pointed out as errors get refitted back to their original state. I have ALWAYS been a HUGE fan of Callisto since I first found it very early in it's development, well before the prologue was even finished. I instantly fell in love with this amazing crew of lovely and talented ladies and I am still a huge fan today! I've made countless plays through original Callisto so I'm hoping that as X's skills develop and grow, we will see more improvements and far less crap to complain about. Despite what I can only describe as early mishaps, this really is a labor of love for professorx10 so I am hopeful he will succeed in giving us some new fun from this beloved favorite title.

Adventure ever on, Phat;)(y)

Onirune

Mar 23, 2019
That post actually gave me a hint, but sadly not the one I needed. Maybe I am not a most insightful person, but once again nothing in the game or post hinted that we need to replay it from point after losing game and not load game :) I managed to hit right sequence on my own, but honestly it not like MC have second hoverbike to challenge her again so hint about train and try again sounded weird(after losing bet). Only after I remembered that previous sequence(choose a ship to buy) required to experience the all, i managed to deduce that I need to replay race again continuing from loss(again where this second chance come from? Time warp/magic?). "What if" scenario fun and well but come on, if it isn't some kind matrix our character plugged in we need some hints at such points. Otherwise its just cruel. Than again i can understand sticking by bad decision despite everything just because for some unknown reason i liked it.

Last edited: