VN Ren'Py Camp Buddy Scoutmaster [v1.6] [Mikkoukun]

4.70 star(s) 13 Votes

Shilou

Donor
Nov 26, 2018
Whats the blushing emoji for o_O?
If it's what i am thinking, then no!
I don't even have a stick to beat xD
I hurt my back thus why i cant play on my laptop for extended amount of time.
Misconstrued it... >.<
Also, that sucks, hope your back gets better quickly. A laptop would be difficult for that, well, if one had such a stick, sorry >.<.

Reactions: CrescentLunar

Annalux

Dec 22, 2018
Thank you, guys! I'm just waiting now for some good soul to post Full Service when come out!
Btw, what does It mean pré-ziped and slit version? I didn't understood....

Shilou

Donor
Nov 26, 2018
Thank you, guys! I'm just waiting now for some good soul to post Full Service when come out!
Btw, what does It mean pré-ziped and slit version? I didn't understood....
:D Pre-zipped just means that it is in a .zip format and the split version is where you split the file up. For .7z it was split up into six files but when you extract it, it becomes one folder. I hope that makes sense. :]

Reactions: depdep and Annalux

Shilou

Donor
Nov 26, 2018
Anyone got the mac link pls?
I wished I had the mac version, I only received the windows version. I could try to create a mac version with the Ren'Py SDK but success may vary. :/
EDIT: Couldn't get it to work. :[

Last edited:
Reactions: Xenon000

Annalux

Dec 22, 2018
:D Pre-zipped just means that it is in a .zip format and the split version is where you split the file up. For .7z it was split up into six files but when you extract it, it becomes one folder. I hope that makes sense. :]
Lmao... Why put this names, gosh.
Thanks! Oh, say to me something, Hiro route, he is only uke, right? I didn't do him yet.

Shilou

Donor
Nov 26, 2018
Does anyone have the CG files? Would love to see those! haha
Unzipped it about 12GB in size. If you want to see just the CGs, download UnRen. With UnRen you run the batch file and it extracts the CGs. Run it, select 1, and wait for it to finish. Then the images will be in /game/images/CGs.

Reactions: Papa Ernie

Shilou

Donor
Nov 26, 2018
For those who want a Mac version, you can download the Ren'Py SDK for Mac and it should run the Windows version just fine.

Extract the Ren'Py game into the SDK folder, then launch the SDK and it'll show the game. Then just click launch.
** I don't have a Mac so I can't verify if this actually works. :/
How to create a Mac version:
  1. Download the Ren'Py SDK from here: (click on "Download SDK zip")
  2. Unzip the downloaded zip file
  3. Inside the unzipped folder, create a folder with the game name eg:"DMD" (could be anything else)
  4. Open the newly created "DMD" folder and copy the "game" folder from 'Windows version of the game'
  5. Go back to the root of the Ren'Py SDK folder and double click on renpy.app. If you get a warning, click OK. On the left, under "Projects", select "DMD".
From here, you can just play from within the SDK, just hit "Launch Project" on the bottom right and enjoy!

Alternatively, you can continue and create a standalone version:
  1. Under "Navigate Script", click "Force Recompile" (not sure if this step is necessary, but just to be sure)
  2. When done, under "Navigate Script", click on "Build Distributions". When it loaded, select "Macintosh x86" on the right. Have only that option selected. Then click on "Build" on the bottom right. This will take a while.
  3. Navigate into the "DMD_0.10-dists" folder that got created in the root of the Ren'Py SDK. There, unzip the "DMD_0.10-mac" zip file.
  4. Go into the newly unzipped folder and move "DMD.app" to your /Applications folder. Double click "DMD.app" in the /Applications folder to play. You don't need the Ren'Py SDK anymore, so it is safe to exit and delete it.

Modified - Thanks to Andel for the tutorial

Note: I do not have a MAC,so please let me know in comments if it worked for you and any corrections if needed

-------------------------------

Alternatives:

Run Windows-based Programs on a Mac

WineBottler packages Windows-based programs snugly into OS X app-bundles. No need to install emulators or operating systems

Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac - The fastest, easiest, and most powerful solution for running Windows applications on a Mac—without rebooting.
Ohh.. I think you're trying to make a game in renpy? Maybe play the tutorial game, other wise I can't help you since I haven't try to making my own game in renpy. Tutorial game is suppose to teach you how to use Renpy.

But if you're trying to play a game, then you don't need to create a new project. Extract the renpy game you want to play into the same folder as the Renpy sdk, and it'll show up on the launcher after opening the launcher. If you already have it open, click refresh, select the game and launch project.

View attachment 58274

Reactions: kokom
4.70 star(s) 13 Votes