Ren'Py Camp [Ep. 1] [RedeemedRooster]

RedeemedRooster

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2024
Early bird playthrough and bug hunt:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Appreciate the feedback! The H key can be used to hide textboxes, however I've also added a slider to the preferences menu to manually change the dialogue box's opacity. Additionally I added font swap options. Between those settings hopefully any issues with readability are solved. They'll be built into the next update, however if you'd like them now I've attached a zip file, add it to the base games folder, overwriting the 2 files in there by default, and you SHOULD be good to go unless I missed something.

Liv is short for Olivia, she just registered herself as her full name.

Finally I could not manage to replicate your bug with the image gallery, I wiped my save and ran a full run of the game without doing the trash collection. Looking at the error it should only come up if the grid has more children than is displayable by said grid, but first of all, there are only 2 images in the default images gallery as of now, with 9 displayable slots per page minimum, and secondly the grid system I'm using should expand to new pages to account for more than 9 images.

Here's a quick guide for potential missing trash collection!
Free Roam 1 Cabins Trash.png Free Roam 1 Nikki Cabin Trash.png Free Roam 1 Path One Trash.png Free Roam 2 Cabin Trash.png Free Roam 2 Mary Cabin Trash.png Free Roam 2 Nikki Cabin Trash.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimbog

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Adjustment Mod

Hi...I compiled together a few useful mod's and did a few minor visual changes that compliment the look of this title. (Improved visibility)

• Changed the default beige textbox, to a custom dark bottom shaded version...which aids with viewing the dialog text without blocking any of the background content.
  • Edited the GUI.rpy file, …changed the dark text colors, and adjusted a few font sizes.
  • Included the 0x52_URM tool, which allows a user to view as well edit Ren'Py titles. (Used to verify and see more data behind some of the story choices, as well it can display requirement checks as they happen through out the story.)
  • Also included a Universal Quick Menu mod, which hide's or display's the quick menu by pressing your Q key. (Used to help clean up the dialog area by hiding the quick menu from the bottom of your screen.)
  • Included a custom font outline script, which adds dark outlines around the dialog text and the character names...(Visually improves the dialog and name text, which compliments the text against the new custom dark textbox.)
  • Included the Universal Choice Descriptor Mod, which can display on screen data that is hidden behind the story choices, that can offer points and other game related info.
  • Included a Universal Textbox Slider, features an opacity slider and font size slider added to the preferences section.

Install:
Just extract and merge the game folder with this titles game folder (over write when prompted). Then run your game exe, and enjoy the minor changes. (Mainly reduces eye strain for us older folks.)

Note: This mod compilation will not need regular updates, (providing no major coding changes are done to the original script of this title)...it should continue to work for future game releases.

Regards.

Example image displaying the custom textbox, hidden quick menu, and font outline mod.
screenshot0007.png

Example displaying the modified game font size change, textbox opacity, font slider mod settings.
screenshot0009.png
screenshot0005.png

Reactions: RedeemedRooster

RedeemedRooster

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2024
Adjustment Mod

Hi...I compiled together a few useful mod's and did a few minor visual changes that compliment the look of this title. (Improved visibility)

• Changed the default beige textbox, to a custom dark bottom shaded version...which aids with viewing the dialog text without blocking any of the background content.
  • Edited the GUI.rpy file, …changed the dark text colors, and adjusted a few font sizes.
  • Included the 0x52_URM tool, which allows a user to view as well edit Ren'Py titles. (Used to verify and see more data behind some of the story choices, as well it can display requirement checks as they happen through out the story.)
  • Also included a Universal Quick Menu mod, which hide's or display's the quick menu by pressing your Q key. (Used to help clean up the dialog area by hiding the quick menu from the bottom of your screen.)
  • Included a custom font outline script, which adds dark outlines around the dialog text and the character names...(Visually improves the dialog and name text, which compliments the text against the new custom dark textbox.)
  • Included the Universal Choice Descriptor Mod, which can display on screen data that is hidden behind the story choices, that can offer points and other game related info.
  • Included a Universal Textbox Slider, features an opacity slider and font size slider added to the preferences section.

Install:
Just extract and merge the game folder with this titles game folder (over write when prompted). Then run your game exe, and enjoy the minor changes. (Mainly reduces eye strain for us older folks.)

Note: This mod compilation will not need regular updates, (providing no major coding changes are done to the original script of this title)...it should continue to work for future game releases.

Regards.

Example image displaying the custom textbox, hidden quick menu, and font outline mod.
View attachment 4097077

Example displaying the modified game font size change, textbox opacity, font slider mod settings.
View attachment 4097098
View attachment 4097120
Quick note on the universal tool, there are two choices I can think of off the top of my head (May be multiple) where the end result may be obfuscated, which is flirting with Fiona at the campfire, and a statement your character will automatically make during one of the larger campfire scenes based on your Humble/Brag score. These are branches that show up based off choices previously made. Flirting with Fiona grants you 1 love score if you have a high score with her up to that point, and if you chose to brag early, you get +1 Liv and Jane trust, and if you chose to be humble you get +1 Fiona and Ellie trust.

For anyone sweating the choices occasionally granting mutually exclusive scores, you won't need max score with girls to achieve their endings. I haven't determined an exact ratio yet, but scores will likely need just a minimal amount above what you can obtain from one-on-one scenes. Conflicting choice points exist to give you a chance to make up for poor choices in previous scenes.

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
From my original planning future tags include anal sex, virgin, creampie, exhibitionism, and masturbation, and distant future (towards the latter third of the story) include lesbian and group sex, although all relationships remain strictly optional.

However Extra content (noncanon) is mostly going to be patreon voted content, although there are a few tags (NTR in particular) that won't be allowed to pass the voting process. Not gonna knock people who are into that, but it's a tag you've really got to commit to for an audience, and it's not my personal preference.
So, monogamy route possible? There will be no forced sex content involving MC? Lesbian content will be completely avoidable?

Btw, you should put all kinks which will "not be allowed to pass the voting process" at visible place, it helps for people not to feel scammed later on (i.e., they spend their money believing their kink will be considered, just to discover that it "won't be allowed to...."

RedeemedRooster

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2024
So, monogamy route possible? There will be no forced sex content involving MC? Lesbian content will be completely avoidable?

Btw, you should put all kinks which will "not be allowed to pass the voting process" at visible place, it helps for people not to feel scammed later on (i.e., they spend their money believing their kink will be considered, just to discover that it "won't be allowed to...."
Yes, monogamy routes will be possible, even a pure-friendship run for the folks who want that for whatever reason. Any lesbian content will be polygamous in nature and player-approved.

Appreciate the advice! NTR is the only one of the top of my head that's hard blacklisted, that and any of the patreon-specific disliked content (Nothing non-con, loli, etc) and pregnancy content would likely be extra only given the timeframe of the game, if there was enough draw for it. I'll add that info to the patreon description as well.

vs2011xyz

May 18, 2021
Unofficial compressed Android port for CAMP [Ep.1] [RedeemedRooster]

Download android port
(157 MB)

Use Universal gallery unlocker(soft) to unlock gallery(it works)

For other host links please join my discord:

If you want you can support me here:

*This unofficial port/mod is not released by developer, download at your own risk.
Thanks

Reactions: phdusa1

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Yes, monogamy routes will be possible, even a pure-friendship run for the folks who want that for whatever reason. Any lesbian content will be polygamous in nature and player-approved.
That's good to hear. As "highly immersive player" (do not bang girls you don't like), I played few times "pure friendship", when none of the available girls is attractive, but game story is interesting enough to be played even without sex content. It's rare, but it happens.

DasImp

Sep 17, 2019
Bloody hell... they/them... even on here...Just when I started to take a liking to Mary... Everybody is free to their own choices, but I came here to escape the real world not get it stuffed in my face again. Without choice.

Glasses!

Oct 19, 2020
I'm very intrigued. The camp, the counselors, seculed woods... if this one would become a serial killer story, i'd throw my money in.

thundergate

Mar 24, 2019
She is 1 girl, They are 2 or more girls. Let's not change the rules of grammar please. It's too distracting and makes it unclear who you're actually talking about.

RedeemedRooster

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2024
Hey Folks! I just released a full edition of patch 1, with a few minor tweaks and improvements!

link for PC and link for Mac while I go through the thread update process.