Ren'Py Camp Klondike [Night Six Part One] [Swimsoot]

4.80 star(s) 72 Votes

Totema

May 26, 2017
i definitely missed the release and every following update and just now found it but it looks good. I like that it's different from its art and presentation , will give it a go . looks very promising i must say.

Reactions: swimsoot

swimsoot

Game Developer
Mar 14, 2020
i definitely missed the release and every following update and just now found it but it looks good. I like that it's different from its art and presentation , will give it a go . looks very promising i must say.
Love to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

Reactions: Totema

whooop

Mar 7, 2018
Great game overall and I think (almost) the whole package from the characters, setting, dialogue and even the smut is in the top 10-20 of what is being published on the site atm. However, I do feel like the art is bordering grotesque at times with the mixture of realistic nipples, ultra bushes with abyssal void hoohaas and wonky dicks. I wouldn't even mention anything otherwise, but the art is so close to being great if it was just simplified to 2-3 shades per color with more sharp shading and some additional outlines. All of the style is there already and it just needs to be cleaned up.
I'm not implying you should go back and redo everything as I think it's good enough for this game, but it could be something to consider when you're testing out things for your next title as I'm sure you'll gain a sizable following with this one.
Good luck with the game and good job as well (y)

swimsoot

Game Developer
Mar 14, 2020
the art is so close to being great if it was just simplified to 2-3 shades per color with more sharp shading and some additional outlines.
Great point. I'm obviously still learning on the digital art front and as I stumble upon techniques I go 'well that's cool.' Where I end up then is a tad disjointed - some semi-realistic, some cut and paste, some way off anatomically... I'm also stuck with a ton of words to put pix to. You're right that I should just plow ahead with what I've got for consistency, but simplicity and cleanup will be for next time. Thanks so much for the thoughts!

zubstroker99

Dec 24, 2020
Didn't think I'd like this game based on the art style but boy was I wrong. Absolutely loved it, the writing is great, the pacing is awesome, and the hairy pussies are hot as fuck - one of the harder to find fetishes, and this game knocks it out of the park. Not a huge fan of the sped up/slowed down sounds for moaning etc, but I'll eagerly be waiting for the next chapter. Hoping more fetishes/kinks (like the current hairy pussies or BDSM fetishes) - will be introduced with some of the other girls.

swimsoot

Game Developer
Mar 14, 2020
Absolutely loved it, the writing is great, the pacing is awesome, and the hairy pussies are hot as fuck - one of the harder to find fetishes, and this game knocks it out of the park. Not a huge fan of the sped up/slowed down sounds for moaning etc,
So glad you loved it. Yeah, the sounds are a bit tricky. I get most of them from a free sounds library of women(mostly) who have recorded themselves and are happy to be out there. The downside is I have to try and clean up the audio and I'm no expert. Glad they've offered them nonetheless. As to the natural grooming - I always figured most of the counselors wouldn't have been doing too much shaving up in the northwoods. Although some do. Variety is the spice o' life!

Djiraiya

Apr 20, 2022
Hi,
I just discover the game this week and it is a very great game, far from others
Thank you for that
I especially like the tension, as at the campfire ;)
Contrary to some posts, keep your graphic style

But I have a concern
6-7 days will come very fast, and I expect there will be frustrations
At most. Maybe six. The characters and the camp story have an arc that concludes. I'd go wildly insane otherwise.
Unless it's already planned (don't spoil), could you eventually think to not restrain it to only these 7 days ?
Like a part "the week/year after when they finally meet them again"
Or the possibility to explore different relationships at main/secondary events

Again, very good work, continue like that !

swimsoot

Game Developer
Mar 14, 2020
Could you eventually think to not restrain it to only these 7 days ?
Like a part "the week/year after when they finally meet them again"
Or the possibility to explore different relationships at main/secondary events

Again, very good work, continue like that !
So glad you like Camp Klondike! My main reasons for being seven days are:
1) The characters have a reason to make things happen faster.
2) I'm doing all this business by hand and I'm no professional artist.

That said, I love these characters and would love to spend more time with them when this set is finished. I'll try not to let things get too frustrating! Thanks so much for the thoughts.

Reactions: Djiraiya

Dajose

May 8, 2017
Very good. kudos to you dear dev!
Despite the initial need to form an opinion beforehand, in terms of the art style and the kind of character movements i am very glad to see the kind of details put in the scenes. the dialouge and the development in the important scenes is long and specific so every interacting with the characters is rewarding to see and read. and i love the long drawn out scenes over everything short "2 images back and forth done scenarios".
I can see that a lot of work is going into the art if its drawn on your own. So that should be respected especially with the detaisl of the diferent charater models even in the little parts like nipples and body posture.
Its not fully my taste in terms of high detailed renders but the whole pictures just too good so far.

swimsoot

Game Developer
Mar 14, 2020
Very good. kudos to you dear dev!
Its not fully my taste in terms of high detailed renders but the whole pictures just too good so far.
Thank you so much for your thoughts and kind words. I'm interested to hear what you think of Day Three and Four. Each day has at least one or two longer scenes between two characters. Many scenes are short just to move the story along, but you are right - the best are the long ones that build tension.

4.80 star(s) 72 Votes