• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 9 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

Ren'Py Camp Klondike [Night Six Part One] [Swimsoot]

4.80 star(s) 72 Votes

AvasNem

Feb 29, 2020
This game is truly great, I love the teasing and the atmosphere, The Characters are unique and not just bimbo cutouts. I really enjoyed it.
But I have to be honest, the Last event with the ST. Andrew Cross was way out of my comfort zone. The amount of BDSM until then was just right and even if I myself isn't into BDSM, it was quite nice. That event however just killed the mood for me, it would be great if we could skip extreme content, don't want to rob someone else of their kink, but at least give someone like me the option to skip it.

swimsoot

Game Developer
Mar 14, 2020
it would be great if we could skip extreme content, don't want to rob someone else of their kink, but at least give someone like me the option to skip it.
Great point. I myself think BDSM is sexy mostly for the tension of trying something that pushes one’s boundaries and admitting to themselves and close friends that they have a kink that gets pleasure from pain. Personally I have zero interest in humiliation or anything that stems from non-consent and neither do the characters. Know that although there will probably be more pain/pleasure to come (it’s Merit’s thing, after all) it won’t be anymore extreme than what has happened thus far. I can also make it skippable. Thanks!

DyonisXX

Jun 13, 2022
Hey I'm trying to play on joiplay and the game just completely freezes at the start the moment schuyler gropes the other chick from behind.
It's not even just the game but the entire joiplay app freezes. It happens every time at the exact same spot. I've never had joiplay freeze on any other game so I have no idea what triggers it, any ideas?

swimsoot

Game Developer
Mar 14, 2020
I've never had joiplay freeze on any other game so I have no idea what triggers it, any ideas?
I don’t know much about coding or glitches, I do know that spot you’re talking about is a really short movie. When I started this whole thing I thought adding movie animations would help so there are a few scattered throughout. My guess is that’s the hiccup. Can you skip it?

Reactions: DyonisXX

DyonisXX

Jun 13, 2022
I don’t know much about coding or glitches, I do know that spot you’re talking about is a really short movie. When I started this whole thing I thought adding movie animations would help so there are a few scattered throughout. My guess is that’s the hiccup. Can you skip it?
I have URM so if you know the name of a scene right after it I could skip to it, I think? But I can't just quickly tap past it or anything the game freezes and then the app freezes the moment it tries to load the movie

Edit: Just checked the game files and the movies are all in .ogv format, I've never heard of it before could it be that Joiplay can't read it?

Edit 2: I removed the .ogv file from the game folder and the game skipped over it without freezing so it's definitely an issue with the .ogv format

Last edited:

swimsoot

Game Developer
Mar 14, 2020
I removed the .ogv file from the game folder and the game skipped over it without freezing so it's definitely an issue with the .ogv format
Glad to hear you’ve figured it out. There aren’t a ton of ogv movies. Love to hear your thoughts when you finish!

PyoT

Sep 3, 2020
I've learned about this game from some guy on this forum, who has that funny signature saying "Camp Klondike - one of the most criminally underrated games on f95" or smth like that.
Somebody give this user a career in marketing because that exact same signature brought me here too :D

Don't think I have anything to add that's not been said before. Quite enjoyed it; one of the rare gems that has writing that's actually erotic, and that proves to still be more important than some pseudo-fancy DAZ assets doing the same things they do in every other game ...

This is a bit of a Ren'py thing, but I'm fairly sure I missed some animations/movies because I accidentally clicked too early - occasionally I'd go back to doublecheck when I suspect something had been happening, but probably still missed some. Might be a good idea to do ... something about that? Perhaps an "animation is playing" icon, or even just flatout a text-warning, or ... I don't know what the options are. But "something" could be good ^^;

swimsoot

Game Developer
Mar 14, 2020
Perhaps an "animation is playing" icon, or even just flatout a text-warning, or ... I don't know what the options are. But "something" could be good ^^;
Good idea. It's funny - when I play through I'm always expecting the movies, but if it's your first time and your speed clicking, they could hop right by. I'll think on a way to make them obvious without making them OBVIOUS.

Aug 14, 2019
Finally decided to download this game and I LOVED the art. But, I'm curious, is this a kinetic VN or am I just playing it wrong? Doesn't seem to be too much variety in choice as of right now. Not a slight, btw, dev. Just wondering!

swimsoot

Game Developer
Mar 14, 2020
But, I'm curious, is this a kinetic VN or am I just playing it wrong? Doesn't seem to be too much variety in choice as of right now.
Ha! Yeah, when I started I thought I’d make it more choice-y but then quickly realized I could make a much better story and character arcs if it’s a VN. I did label it a VN from the beginning, but there are a couple of choices throughout. That said, no choices affect the story. Apologies if it led you astray game-wise. Glad you like the art!

• Red Heart
Reactions: dietmountaindew
Aug 14, 2019
Ha! Yeah, when I started I thought I’d make it more choice-y but then quickly realized I could make a much better story and character arcs if it’s a VN. I did label it a VN from the beginning, but there are a couple of choices throughout. That said, no choices affect the story. Apologies if it led you astray game-wise. Glad you like the art!
No need to apologize! It's your game and your vision, after all. Appreciate you being so active and understanding on the forum!

Reactions: swimsoot

Radigan12

Jun 2, 2020
I'm really looking forward to more! I see that his patreon is active again -- not sure if he's continuing to work on the game or is still taking a timeout, but yeah, this game is fantastic!

• Red Heart
Reactions: swimsoot
4.80 star(s) 72 Votes