Ren'Py Camp Klondike [Night Six Part One] [Swimsoot]

4.70 star(s) 71 Votes

Pyromanci

May 15, 2021
I really enjoyed this one. Some of the writing was genuinely erotic (campfire/beach scenes) which is not something you see much in these games. The art seemed weird to start with, but it grew on me as I got immersed in the story, and by the end of the first night I was really impressed with how well the visuals worked with the writing.

However...
This is a kinetic novel, badly disguised with dead end choices and a poorly executed freeplay mode. People might accept the plethora of dead ends in the short term, but eventually it will just annoy them and they will walk away. I understand that making a truly interactive game is a lot more work, and requires skills that many people don't have. So if you want to do it all why not just make it properly kinetic? Or... better yet, get over the idea that making these games is a solitary affair and find someone who is more technically minded than creative to work with. Games that obviously mislead don't last long, and games that try to be all things to all people with a single creator end up taking so long for each chapter that people lose interest and wander off. (Being a DIK is the exception, although how people are still forking over insane amounts of cash for a story it's unlikely any of us will live long enough to see the end of is beyond me)

swimsoot

Game Developer
Mar 14, 2020
I really enjoyed this one. Some of the writing was genuinely erotic (campfire/beach scenes) which is not something you see much in these games. The art seemed weird to start with, but it grew on me as I got immersed in the story, and by the end of the first night I was really impressed with how well the visuals worked with the writing.

However...
This is a kinetic novel, badly disguised with dead end choices and a poorly executed freeplay mode. People might accept the plethora of dead ends in the short term, but eventually it will just annoy them and they will walk away. I understand that making a truly interactive game is a lot more work, and requires skills that many people don't have. So if you want to do it all why not just make it properly kinetic? Or... better yet, get over the idea that making these games is a solitary affair and find someone who is more technically minded than creative to work with. Games that obviously mislead don't last long, and games that try to be all things to all people with a single creator end up taking so long for each chapter that people lose interest and wander off. (Being a DIK is the exception, although how people are still forking over insane amounts of cash for a story it's unlikely any of us will live long enough to see the end of is beyond me)
Good point about the dead end stuff. It is most certainly a kinetic novel. The clickable stuff is there because I like clickable stuff and have been having fun teaching myself to code the lightest of game aspects - in fact, the majority of this has been a challenge to build myself a little world that I would love to live in. No intention to mislead, that's for sure! Thanks for the thoughts!

Reactions: 0Jg6@^$WYe

Pyromanci

May 15, 2021
Good point about the dead end stuff. It is most certainly a kinetic novel. The clickable stuff is there because I like clickable stuff and have been having fun teaching myself to code the lightest of game aspects - in fact, the majority of this has been a challenge to build myself a little world that I would love to live in. No intention to mislead, that's for sure! Thanks for the thoughts!
After reading your reply I realised I had gotten a little carried away with my pet peeves in my post. I guess I was just concerned the issues would derail the project and it might not get finished. This is mostly because the writing is genuinely excellent, so I really want to see how it turns out!

swimsoot

Game Developer
Mar 14, 2020
After reading your reply I realised I had gotten a little carried away with my pet peeves in my post. I guess I was just concerned the issues would derail the project and it might not get finished. This is mostly because the writing is genuinely excellent, so I really want to see how it turns out!
No worries. Your peeves are just fine!

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
Better that chapter one. And I give chapter one 5stars. Three of the hotests scenes I have ever seen in any game. Specially the last one. Masterpiece

It´s a shame that this game get so few attention. May be you can get some adds so the pepole can put it on the signatures?

swimsoot

Game Developer
Mar 14, 2020
Better that chapter one. And I give chapter one 5stars. Three of the hotests scenes I have ever seen in any game. Specially the last one. Masterpiece

It´s a shame that this game get so few attention. May be you can get some adds so the pepole can put it on the signatures?
Wow! Thanks so much. I really like putting this story together. I will look into the ads idea, I hadn't thought of that. Next up, Day Three!

Reactions: Daasss and Alfius

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
It´s a well deserved praise, and one I don´t give lightly. Specially for the last scene. Not only the writing, but the visual aspect. I find genial the use of shadow play on the last one

• Red Heart
Reactions: swimsoot

Plain868

May 1, 2020
This game give me a big surprise. The story, the graphic, the sound effect, the presentation of the characters sentiment are really special and they can really bring me into the game. The atmosphere built up in the first night of the cleaning team is really arousing. I can feel the expression of the characters by yours graphics. It is much better than 3DCG. I love this game and this is one of my top three games.

Swimsoot thank you for making this game and you are talented. Please please please keep updating this game. I really look forward the development of the story. I am joining patreon to support you.

Rottinger

Jun 25, 2020
Really enjoyed the story and the art.

As someone mentioned before, some scenes are genuinely erotic; you have a knack for build-ups. The art is different and I mean that in the best of ways, you can tell they are your characters and that it is your world.

Thank you very much and keep up the good work!

swimsoot

Game Developer
Mar 14, 2020
Really enjoyed the story and the art.

As someone mentioned before, some scenes are genuinely erotic; you have a knack for build-ups. The art is different and I mean that in the best of ways, you can tell they are your characters and that it is your world.

Thank you very much and keep up the good work!
Thanks so much for the thoughts. It certainly is a hand-built world - a world I would love to live in! Now if I could just get better at drawing hands and feet. More to come!

Reactions: Rottinger

swimsoot

Game Developer
Mar 14, 2020
Anyone have any ideas about how to get Klondike seen by more people? Asking for a friend... who is me.

Daasss

Jan 23, 2017
Post it on reddit? For example, here - - and here -

Reactions: swimsoot

swimsoot

Game Developer
Mar 14, 2020
First twelve hours of Day Three are up, so FEAST, you sexy vultures! (and if you notice anything not working, please let me know.) AND NOTE...For the interactive part in the Quarry Scene: try face, neck, both sides of chest and hips. Hover, Click , and Explore!

Last edited:

Daasss

Jan 23, 2017
First twelve hours of Day Three are up, so FEAST, you sexy vultures! (and if you notice anything not working, please let me know.) AND NOTE...For the interactive part in the Quarry Scene: try face, neck, both sides of chest and hips. Hover, Click , and Explore!
swimsoot You should update the game page or version info, I guess, so that it shows up on the Latest Games & Updates page (no idea how it is done), as all new versions do, otherwise nobody will see that it was updated. Love your work!

4.70 star(s) 71 Votes