can we ban ai content

Kamishirov

Sep 22, 2023
A.I content is the future and a continuation of the industrial revolution.
Yeah, it might be bad for creatives, but... lol.
Better pray for some sort of Star Trek Universal Basic Income because art is going to become an economically unsound enterprise to be involved in.

morphnet

Aug 3, 2017
I think OP is looking for a filter like on dlsite.
Maybe you can ask for an AI tag to filter those out. :devilish:
Otherwise you can just 'deal with it'. :cool:
-
View attachment 3412848
There already is...

aicg.png

It is just a tool like a paintbrush or a gluestick and the concept behind it is far from new...

Marylin-Collage-Canvas.png

1les

Nov 12, 2021
Ai in its current state sucks. But it will be best thing for adult content eventually. I'm really looking forward to it.
It'll not surpass good artwork since artists will always have more control. Exception is hyper-realistic stuff, since it isn't worth the time.

I presume that artists could use AI to facilitate the making of backgrounds. Again, they'll have more control than "AI directors". (In a recent game that I played, of the Venus Blood series, backgrounds were disruptively lacking.)

Better pray for some sort of Star Trek Universal Basic Income because art is going to become an economically unsound enterprise to be involved in.
Except that those with actual artistic skills will be the ones able to make the most use of AI tools (if deemed necessary), since AI will always need human input. (Just like what they say about AI for lawyers.)

Last edited:

Kamishirov

Sep 22, 2023
A lot of what people are saying sounds like wishful thinking.

" It'll not surpass good artwork since artists will always have more control."

"...since AI will always need human input."

In the past people made clothing by hand, you had crafts people, (you still do to a certain extent but they're very niche, in dying trades or it's only the extremely rich who can afford their products) when factories started mass manufacturing clothing what do you think happened to these skilled trades people?

It'll be (ever increasingly) the same with A.I and creation. I don't know whether people simply can't think about what's possible in the future, they're wilfully ignorant, or deluded. I don't mean this as some sort of knock, I'm genuinely curious as to if certain people have any awareness as to potential risk.

We're seeing the industrialization of art, it's only going to get more efficient as time goes on and A.I will become almost (if not entirely) autonomous from human intervention.

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
It'll be (ever increasingly) the same with A.I and creation. I don't know whether people simply can't think about what's possible in the future, they're wilfully ignorant, or deluded. I don't mean this as some sort of knock, I'm genuinely curious as to if certain people have any awareness as to potential risk.
This same thing can be said about people who are AI positive. Barely anyone stops to think how absolutely dangerous AI actually is. Sure, videos of US presidents talking shit is pretty funny, but they don't stop to think about the implications of being able to mimic voices like that. They'll only improve, and AI companies don't give a shit about the consequences of what they've created. Jurassic Park wasn't supposed to be a goddamn instruction manual.

Kamishirov

Sep 22, 2023
This same thing can be said about people who are AI positive. Barely anyone stops to think how absolutely dangerous AI actually is. Sure, videos of US presidents talking shit is pretty funny, but they don't stop to think about the implications of being able to mimic voices like that. They'll only improve, and AI companies don't give a shit about the consequences of what they've created. Jurassic Park wasn't supposed to be a goddamn instruction manual.
You can't stop the "progress" of the coming A.I industrial revolution, Pandora's Box has been opened.

I fear for the future of artists.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Yeah, besides being annoying when people spam in everywhere, AI is dangerous. People can't tell fact from fiction already, and eventually AI is going to make that impossible.

And that's not even considering it taking peoples jobs. Beyond artists, basically everything can be automated if you try hard enough.

This could get very bad very fast, for everyone.

1les

Nov 12, 2021
In the past people made clothing by hand, you had crafts people, (you still do to a certain extent but they're very niche, in dying trades or it's only the extremely rich who can afford their products) when factories started mass manufacturing clothing what do you think happened to these skilled trades people?
All that skilled manual work, still, even after a century.

It was natural for tools to improve much thus make human input less needed since technology was in "early stages".

Artemissu

Sep 17, 2021
You can't stop the "progress" of the coming A.I industrial revolution, Pandora's Box has been opened.

I fear for the future of artists.
This.

Even if you are against AI, i don't think it can be stopped. AI is here to stay, and it's only gonna get worse (or better, depending on your perspective)

As for me, i don't mind AI art, as long as it's decent (for the love of God, please get the hands right). Deepfakes however, are a whole other can of worms... The controversy surrouding image and voice deepfakes IS pretty concerning (just look up the Taylor Swift case), but i'm afraid there's nothing we can really do to stop it...

The future is certainly gonna be interesting, from a judicial point of view... AI just might change our laws on a fundamental level. I foresee a LOT of heated debates on courtrooms the world over decades from now...

And that's not even considering it taking peoples jobs. Beyond artists, basically everything can be automated if you try hard enough.
Taking people's jobs sometimes is inevitable... People who worked with typewriters cried foul against the rise of computers, fearing that they would lose their jobs to PCs... Guess what happened to those people???

It's the game of life. You either adapt, or you die. It's sad, but there's nothing you can do to change that

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
AI is the wave of the future! There are many things it can do, including dubbing such anime as Interspecies Reviewer!

InterspeciesReviewer.jpg

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
AI tools are certainly hazardous from the scams and impersonation angle. Lots of grannies are going to get zoom calls from Indians asking for early inheritance in the future.
It'll make discussions online difficult since you can't tell between a persons thoughts versus a prompted response. There'll be a spam of images that convey no information wasting everyone's time and making it impossible to ever trust what you're seeing to be real.
Internet searches are going be fun after the chatgpt/indian hybrids flood reddit discussions with prompted slightly edited answers. Hey it's not like their accounts are bots. They're real human beans.
People will be asked to not study things like arts because they can't make any money and there'll be large class of burger flipper tier educated people whose creativity has no outlet in an internet flooded with infinite amount of pc noise.
People will automatically degrade their core skills and skip practicing problem solving since they're forced to improve their productivity on the LLM predictor tool.
Oh and there's not many well paid jobs for college educated people, also the AI companies are located in another continent and wont pay your welfare. The wealth is going to concentrate on like 5 American companies who had money to get in on it early and will gatekeep gpus/data from competition.
Media, games, movies, tv shows will be flooded with cheaply made AI stuff that will obviously incentivize everyone to skip investing in them unless they too heavily use AI. You'll get worse entertainment, but oh boy there's going to be so much of it. Hope you like reading AI written articles and news stories because they're way cheaper than human written ones. The journalists who were let go can find meaning in the food delivery market.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
AI tools are certainly hazardous from the scams and impersonation angle. [...]
What will lead to all governments around the world to legislate about AI use, because:

• [whatever country] candidate to the presidency falsely saying whatever you want them to say interfere with the democratic process (you decide to not vote for someone because of what he in fact haven't said/done) ;
  • Russia and China (but let's be honest, not just them) use social medias as weapon, soon or later they'll we even present (false) realistic proof of their claims ;
  • Soon or later angry not so mature adults will not call the swat on you, but spread AI generated evidences of a crime you haven't done and, while working on the case, cops will have less time to prevent and solve real crimes ;
  • The more AIs will take over office jobs, the more the economy of the country will be endangered, and for emerging countries it will be worse.
And so on, it's just what cross my mind right now.

But, of course, as answer to that reinforced control over AI, conspiracy theories and shit like that will spread, because "hey, it's an attack against our freedom !"

And I'm not sure if there's another solution face to this that Humanity growing up... Well, this or a global electro-magnetic strike that would shutdown all computers. Not sure which one will happen first.

Reactions: Artemissu