JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
Where do you find the prodigal son? I am stuck there....
I don't remember exactly since it has been a while, but there are farmlands in the Northwest where you find the farmer who gives the quest. To find the son, go Northeast from there, so you'd be about at the very top of the island near the middle. Run it through in one shot to avoid bugs manifesting with the father's dialogue preventing you from completing the quest. I do not know how to reveal the ??? option on the father's dialogue when you are about to finish this quest, but it's still completable so it doesn't really matter.

RockDancer

Sep 13, 2019
I don't remember exactly since it has been a while, but there are farmlands in the Northwest where you find the farmer who gives the quest. To find the son, go Northeast from there, so you'd be about at the very top of the island near the middle. Run it through in one shot to avoid bugs manifesting with the father's dialogue preventing you from completing the quest. I do not know how to reveal the ??? option on the father's dialogue when you are about to finish this quest, but it's still completable so it doesn't really matter.
Nope cannot find him anywhere. I think mine is bugged. Also the preistest task is bugged for me. Anyways thanks man!

Limbix

Jul 25, 2021
Oh no, that's a serious problem, is the DEV working on it yet?

It would take so much of the fun out of it
Given that it's for an optional mechanic (afaik there's no real reason to get pregnant beyond seeing a number go up) and again the UE5 demo is barebones right now, they probably will put out a warning but leave it until there's enough content to warrant squashing bugs that don't cause softlocks/outside mandatory content, unless it's an easy fix. I don't know enough about coding to say if it'd be an easy fix.

Reactions: MrStal0ne

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
Given that it's for an optional mechanic (afaik there's no real reason to get pregnant beyond seeing a number go up) and again the UE5 demo is barebones right now, they probably will put out a warning but leave it until there's enough content to warrant squashing bugs that don't cause softlocks/outside mandatory content, unless it's an easy fix. I don't know enough about coding to say if it'd be an easy fix.
I agree that the devs would focus on priority content first, and sex without pregnancy still increases Carnal Instinct rank so most of the benefit is there. Pregnancy lowers melee damage but boosts some elemental resistances and a bit more for what's supposed to be a temporary amount of time. The bug did give me the bizarre effect of making my protagonist get nearly 200 resistance to void and cold but have the most limp-wristed melee ever before I rolled back.

Theoretically even if the pregnancy bug is not easy to fix, it represents a problem with applying temporary stat changes that are supposed to revert properly to their original values. Bethesda's Gamebryo engine games from Morrowind to Skyrim and the modern Fallout games have dedicated systems for tracking and managing stat changes (spells, perks, manual change highlighting), which is something the developers of Carnal Instinct would have to mimic themselves either in their own handling systems or with very careful attention to manually changing variables via scripts. I say this kind of bug is the perfect practice opportunity to decide on a concrete foundation for what could be an often-used and important mechanic that will be relevant when potions, buffing spells, and enchantments are added.

There is just not enough straight content here. I mean if we talk about representation the ration is completely off.
Which version are you talking about? I only tried UE5 so far and there's 3 scenes, one female, one male, and one futa who really just wants to get rubbed off. That's an even split between the 3 kinds. Unless you mean the quest topics between lesbian and gay lovers. I say it's all fine because they're an underrepresented community and love is for everyone. We hear about straight couple relationships all the time. A one-off reference to a queer romance isn't a problem, it's a right. A bit odd to complain about that kind of thing, eh?

Abuzze

Oct 22, 2020
Tried this game about two years ago, and thought it was really good for a demo. Now, has anything been added over this time? New scenes, quests, anything? Or is it another Cloud Meadow wannabe?

AnonZeta

Jun 30, 2021
Yikes, I thought the game was being updated every 4 months. Are there many delays or is it a case that the "new content" is so small it barely exists?
I mean they moved over to UE5 recently so that version doesn't exactly have a lot of content and apparently going forward all dev effort is going there so it might be a while before we get back to a similar state when they left the UE4 version

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Yikes, I thought the game was being updated every 4 months. Are there many delays or is it a case that the "new content" is so small it barely exists?
To clarify, the appropriate answer to the original question is "both". The UE4 version in OP has a fair chunk more content than the original release from two years ago, though not as much more as it would have if they hadn't spent so long behind the scenes building the UE5 version. The UE5 version, on the other hand, is roughly as barebones as the original UE4 versions were.

If you're considering trying the game again, download the UE4 version from OP instead of the (extremely new) UE5 version.

Last edited:

Venyas

Jan 20, 2018
I mean they moved over to UE5 recently so that version doesn't exactly have a lot of content and apparently going forward all dev effort is going there so it might be a while before we get back to a similar state when they left the UE4 version
What the guy above me said, try UE4, have fun for maybe 1 hour.
Then after forget for another 2 years for another redownload.

hyphyp2424

Sep 17, 2021
Question, in Act one for the unreal engine 5 version. How do you play as a male? I got to the character adjustment screen, but it won't let me click on male lol

kiya hai

Sep 21, 2023
Hi. Guys i need help regarding this game :( i actually downloaded the ue5 beta version but the game in not complete i only get 4 main quest and there is no npc around 3 intimate scene and that's it ... i just want to know that is everyone game is same as me or i miss something before downloading this game my game file is 3.8 gb. The last 2 quest in my game is home to home and prodimal son..please reply

• Angry

Infinatious

Aug 10, 2017
Hi. Guys i need help regarding this game :( i actually downloaded the ue5 beta version but the game in not complete i only get 4 main quest and there is no npc around 3 intimate scene and that's it ... i just want to know that is everyone game is same as me or i miss something before downloading this game my game file is 3.8 gb. The last 2 quest in my game is home to home and prodimal son..please reply
How to tell when someone's not read any of the thread...

Yeah the UE5 version has very little content right now because it's very early, barely a beta.

Oct 17, 2020
If the Creator is listening I have some suggestions(these don't go in any order)
1. A lovense system, to connect whatever you're using to the scenes of the game to match rhythm and motion of the scene.
2. Encampment Bosses that provide a better challenge and loot with unique loot.
3. Capture events that happen if you’ve been beaten in an encampment like being sold as a slave, kept in the camp and kept as a breeder, relies on a collar that makes you weaker once removed you can escape.
4. Slave capture, knock out an enemy and transport them to your camp and reduce their willpower to send them on expeditions to gather resources and money. Willpower affects the likelihood of escape and the efficiency of gathering.
5. Boss capture, Capture a boss after beating them and enslave them, break down their willpower and assign them to the only thing they know and profit from it.
6.Enhanced pregnancy, A wait period before you know your pregnant builds on suspense and wonder, So instead of it being you know right after the scene it's more like” I wonder if I'll get pregnant?” with High fertility it's more like “Gods I know I'll get pregnant from this!” also an internal view that plays
7. Motherly instinct, After your child is born you can visit them in the nursery and play with them, interact with them just be there buy them toys to play with. Maybe even nurse them like a mother would.
8. Jobs, Making money besides looting by working at a bar serving drinks watch out for drunk patrons, working at the nursery some males are looking for a hot thing to breed like you, Take a job at the ranch managing the centaurs and keep an eye out for the feisty ones.
9.Round 2, After a scene continue on for longer, you can go however long depending on you carnal instinct level going longer grants more XP
10. Free cam and POV, get a better angle on the action or enjoy looking into the eyes of your lover.

Last edited:

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
You had great ideas here but this is a forum for adults and we hate looking at walls after working all day. I understand your enthusiasm but it would help if you reshape this into easier to digest forms like bullet points or paragraphs.

As a guideline, paragraphs are organized around related topics. Bullet points are used to space out similar separate points for digestion, and enumerating with a numbered list helps tremendously even if you're not ranking entries just so we have a number to refer to quickly.

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
They actually listened. Before it was quite truly a block of text with zero line breaks. It was a monolith. I didn't quote it because it was so ugly and hard to read. Maybe next time I should edit quotes like those and put them into a spoiler block -- it wouldn't have fit well without one.

I'm actually happy about it. Now it's good feedback and easy enough to read.

4.00 star(s) 85 Votes