TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
I don't understand what the player character is meant to be. A mummy? Why can't I configure it to my liking? That's a huge step BACKWARD!
Have you tried playing the game enough to learn what you are and how to change yourself? This game makes a fascinating choice by integrating chargen into the story itself as a semi-divine ability that you unlock.

El Duderino

Jul 28, 2019
I was confused too. You need to complete the quest "Masquerade" (look it up on the CI wiki) and that will unlock customisation.
Thanks for the info. The wiki (this one? -> ) does not load. However, maybe you can give me a hint? I had to search for survivors at four places and completed all of them. Then there is no progress. What do I do then? How long until "Masquerade" is started and how?

Reactions: xossiplover485
Jun 27, 2019
Thanks for the info. The wiki (this one? -> ) does not load. However, maybe you can give me a hint? I had to search for survivors at four places and completed all of them. Then there is no progress. What do I do then? How long until "Masquerade" is started and how?

Reactions: MrStal0ne
Apr 5, 2021
OK, not sure if the Devs read these forums but. God, damn. First time trying an UE5 build (was a backer for a year, stopped after the centaur milking quest), so this is my first thoughts on the new content.
That opening, is fucking, harrowing. Any lust I had before booting, stone, dead, like 95% of the game's populace. It's evocative, but, damn... did you mean it to go that hard (or not)?

Praise done, scorn in coming.
FOV slider, please fix it, I've modded the .ini to fix it but the in game fov is chokingly claustrophobic.
Next, mouse smoothing, kill it with fire. No option to turn it off, and changing the files doesn't fix it, absolutely cancerous.
Inventory/stat/leveling UI, inconsistent, hard to navigate and was better in your UE4 build, how did you not learn your lessons from then?
Finally, combat, this is, without a doubt, your worst combat system for this game so far. Just spam click, and you win, no need for anything else.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Finally, combat, this is, without a doubt, your worst combat system for this game so far. Just spam click, and you win, no need for anything else.
I'd argue the worst combat system thus far were the several different times they shipped a UE4 build where swinging a sword while jumping would crash the game due to a missing animation, but that might just be for technical reasons.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Didn't get that bug personally, but yeah, if I had, I'd agree.
It happened at least twice. The first time was the initial combat redux for the UE4 build, where they forgot the falling downward swing animation for the khopesh and caused a crash every time you tried to swing it in midair. The second time was when they started introducing new weapons, and forgot the same animation again for one of the new ones.

Apr 5, 2021
It happened at least twice. The first time was the initial combat redux for the UE4 build, where they forgot the falling downward swing animation for the khopesh and caused a crash every time you tried to swing it in midair. The second time was when they started introducing new weapons, and forgot the same animation again for one of the new ones.
Probably avoided it then because I never bothered with the Kopesh (save the story forced one). Maxed daggers were just better, or the big sword equivalent.
I've never known the game to have 'Good' combat, but this system, is personally the worst. I've just been spam clicking through everything, and there doesn't seem to be sprinting lunge attacks, heavy hits, or a reason to block.

DrBananadin

Oct 28, 2020
Is it just me or is the UE5 version broken with the settings menu and saves? Half the video settings wont save after changing them and the audio and controls changes revert back to defaults also. Tried this in the menu and from in game and still the same issues. Also the appdata .sav files are formatted for UE5 and not general text format so without getting UE5 and an unlocker it seems pointless to play.

T4t0rt

Feb 22, 2023
Guys, few questions: i downloaded this version but i have the steam one's too. there are differences, between them? Can i use the saves i already have from steam?

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
Hmmmm... nope I don't know how they do it.
To my knowledge every Unreal Engine game has to run at 25fps prohibitively as part of their EULA.
I hope they don't get caught actually making a playable game.

Guys, few questions: i downloaded this version but i have the steam one's too. there are differences, between them? Can i use the saves i already have from steam?
There's technically currently 2 main versions of the game.
The UE5 preview usable from the Beta program isn't compatible with the UE4 one.

Reactions: T4t0rt

FappyJake

Jan 23, 2022
This is the latest Steam Beta version.

The patreon builds won't leak as they need a login to work

Sscdrake

Jun 24, 2018
I thought the recode was bullshit as well, I'm still on the fence about it because it just seemed like they were copying Summertime Saga's move.

But their DSS is incomparable. No other erotic game has come up with something that innovative. I mean I'm still shaking my head at their overall project management, but credit where it's due.
Fair enough, and I really don't disagree, but it's hold to accept the promise of potential when it's consistently never realized. Both Carnal Instinct and Wildlife are some of the highest funded patreon games ever and both promise a lot and have a ton of obvious potential, but neither are really much of a game and have no end in sight.

I know it's a tired example, but it's Star Citizen all over again. There really isn't a timeline in which that game releases and isn't a scam, even if it actually ends up being a fantastic game and actually releases. The amount of money they took and time they are taking really doesn't justify, well, anything they could ever make.

But it's just an opinion, I guess... I sit here wondering how someone can spend over $300 for an incomplete demo of a pron game meant to be $10-15 on release because of subs, yet well according to grapheton some of these same games--many without a single actual meaningful update in years--rake in half a mil or more yearly for a team of 1-3 lmao, and I'm not even sure those other team members aren't just contracted or commissioned workers getting set prices on their work.

• Angry
4.00 star(s) 83 Votes