jedahdemon

Jun 21, 2017
Is there a way to reset NPCs or something? I played all the way up to Law and Order but the pickpocket is missing.

lplsuck

Aug 21, 2018
when i enter the tomb in Footsteps of the Dragon mission, my vision always stuck inside the character, does anybody knows why?

Pa3uk

Jul 22, 2017
strange bug - During ANY events (animation, dredge, etc.), the character does NOT react with his face ... i.e. face "STONE" .... in previous versions, I remember he was surprised and so on ... here he looks at one point (WITHOUT EMOTIONS) ... is it just me?
Even when the animation is played with other characters, their faces also do not move (it's funny to watch - the mouths are closed, but the sounds go ^_^)

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
strange bug - During ANY events (animation, dredge, etc.), the character does NOT react with his face ... i.e. face "STONE" .... in previous versions, I remember he was surprised and so on ... here he looks at one point (WITHOUT EMOTIONS) ... is it just me?
Even when the animation is played with other characters, their faces also do not move (it's funny to watch - the mouths are closed, but the sounds go ^_^)
That's likely a temporary bug resulting from the fact that the old scenes are using old bodies in the interim while they wrap up the dynamic sex system. I know the new bodies are fairly different from the old ones, so I wouldn't be surprised to learn the old facial animations were incompatible with them.

eUTCnFFGYbNT

Jun 3, 2019
Running it with a 1050ti ,i5 and 16 gb of ram I get like 0 fps whenever I'm not looking at the ground or sky.Any idea what graphic settings I should lower or what I should turn off?

SukebeDude

Jul 27, 2017
Running it with a 1050ti ,i5 and 16 gb of ram I get like 0 fps whenever I'm not looking at the ground or sky.Any idea what graphic settings I should lower or what I should turn off?
Just saying i5 is very vague, i5 has been around for 12 years and the performance difference is night and day between the first and the latest iteration, that said it sounds like a GPU problem, try lowering the texture resolution to rule out lack of vram and lower the resolution to 720p to see if it does anything, if it makes no difference your bottleneck is somewhere else.

If it does make a difference try upping the resolution until you got a middle ground between quality and playability, probably don't wanna go above 1080p, after that you can try upping the texture resolution until it starts showing the same symptoms and dial it back one step.

eUTCnFFGYbNT

Jun 3, 2019
Just saying i5 is very vague, i5 has been around for 12 years and the performance difference is night and day between the first and the latest iteration,
Are you sure its a GPU problem? I mean I've been playing games like cs:go rainbow six seige and a hand full of other games with mid-high settings with at-least 60 fps.
Also I got it to run pretty well with a lower restitution,but it still barely playable thanks.
Screenshot_24.png

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Just saying i5 is very vague, i5 has been around for 12 years and the performance difference is night and day between the first and the latest iteration, that said it sounds like a GPU problem, try lowering the texture resolution to rule out lack of vram and lower the resolution to 720p to see if it does anything, if it makes no difference your bottleneck is somewhere else.

If it does make a difference try upping the resolution until you got a middle ground between quality and playability, probably don't wanna go above 1080p, after that you can try upping the texture resolution until it starts showing the same symptoms and dial it back one step.
Texture issues like that typically impact load time more than frames per second. More likely it's a setting that affects how many or what kind of draw calls are made, like shadows. The specific settings I would consider lowering are:

1. Procedural Effects
  2. View Distance
  3. Shadows
  4. Post Processing
  5. Anisotopic Filtering
  6. Anti-Aliasing
  7. Effects
  8. Foliage
In roughly that order. Further, make sure you have v-sync enabled and a maximum FPS set. Procedural Effects is at the top of the list specifically because it's so performance heavy that the developers actually warn you about it in the settings menu.

Reactions: rcbcgreenpanzer

SukebeDude

Jul 27, 2017
Are you sure its a GPU problem? I mean I've been playing games like cs:go rainbow six seige and a hand full of other games with mid-high settings with at-least 60 fps.
Also I got it to run pretty well with a lower restitution,but it still barely playable thanks.
View attachment 1724148
An 6400 should be fine, 16GB RAM should be fine, so yeah, probably GPU, as for your examples they are both very well optimized games made to be scalable to low end hardware to get as many players as possible playing.
Texture issues like that typically impact load time more than frames per second. More likely it's a setting that affects how many or what kind of draw calls are made, like shadows. The specific settings I would consider lowering are:

1. Procedural Effects
  2. View Distance
  3. Shadows
  4. Post Processing
  5. Anisotopic Filtering
  6. Anti-Aliasing
  7. Effects
  8. Foliage
In roughly that order. Further, make sure you have v-sync enabled and a maximum FPS set. Procedural Effects is at the top of the list specifically because it's so performance heavy that the developers actually warn you about it in the settings menu.
If it's literally running at 1 fps i'm assuming it's a lack of VRAM, thus lower the texture resolution, guess i should have specified that in the first place, whether it's actually the issue i dunno, i don't know how much VRAM the game usually uses, if it's not close to 4Gb then it's probably not the culprit.

Last edited:
Reactions: eUTCnFFGYbNT

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
An 6400 should be fine, 16GB RAM should be fine, so yeah, probably GPU, as for your examples they are both very well optimized games made to be scalable to low end hardware to get as many players as possible playing.

If it's literally running at 1 fps i'm assuming it's a lack of VRAM, thus lower the texture resolution, guess i should have specified that in the first place, whether it's actually the issue i dunno, i don't know how much VRAM the game usually uses, if it's not close to 4Gb then it's probably not the culprit.
This game has far different issues when it's VRAM at fault, such as textures being so low resolution you'd think you were playing an N64 game. Since that wasn't mentioned, I figured I'd suggest more likely suspects. If VRAM was the sole contributor to a frame drop that big, there's a good chance the game wouldn't actually finish launching in the first place. (It tends to lock on a black screen before the menu when you're that far under requirements)

And with them running a 1050 ti, I seriously doubt it's just VRAM at fault.

Last edited:

SukebeDude

Jul 27, 2017
This game has far different issues when it's VRAM at fault, such as textures being so low resolution you'd think you were playing an N64 game. Since that wasn't mentioned, I figured I'd suggest more likely suspects. If VRAM was the sole contributor to a frame drop that big, there's a good chance the game wouldn't actually finish launching in the first place. (It tends to lock on a black screen before the menu when you're that far under requirements)

And with them running a 1050 ti, I seriously doubt it's just VRAM at fault.
It would launch, it just would thrash the much slower RAM when swapping textures in and out of VRAM causing massive stutters when loading new textures, but thinking about it maybe 1 FPS might be closer to low RAM HDD thrashing, haven't had that issue in 20 years though so i doubt that's it.
The main reason i don't think it's as simple as tweaking the other settings is that a 1050ti should do better than that even at max settings, granted it would probably be unplayable.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
It would launch, it just would thrash the much slower RAM when swapping textures in and out of VRAM causing massive stutters when loading new textures, but thinking about it maybe 1 FPS might be closer to low RAM HDD thrashing, haven't had that issue in 20 years though so i doubt that's it.
The main reason i don't think it's as simple as tweaking the other settings is that a 1050ti should do better than that even at max settings, granted it would probably be unplayable.
The 1050 ti is well within the game's specified requirements, and the game's texture streamer can and will dump out super low resolution alternatives if VRAM is insufficient. (There are plenty of screenshots and complaints about that in the discord)

However, the game also has multiple high-end shaders that can overwhelm a mid to low end GPU, as well as procedural effects that involve passing data back and forth between the graphics card and CPU. Honestly, the very first step he should have taken was to set every setting aside from screen resolution to minimum, and then raised them up to better levels, one by one. He's told us some information about his hardware, but nothing about the game's current graphics settings.

If he has it on max settings and is running on, say, a x8 PCI channel rather than x16, or using an older HDD rather than an SSD, it would explain a lot. We don't know the speed of his RAM either, just the size of it. He's running an i5 from 2015 and a GPU from 2016, so having a midrange gaming rig that cheaped out on the less obvious parts isn't out of the question.

Edit: I just noticed his CPU is theoretically below requirements. The official minimum for carnal instinct on the CPU front is "Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.3 GHz or better" and while that's a CPU from 2011, it's got a notably higher clock rate than the i5-6402P has. Depending on how the game handles threading clock rate could be far more important than core count. Even the maximum one/two core turbo frequency for that processor is just barely above minimum recommendations, at 3.4GHz.

If most of the rest of the rig is of a similar age and price bracket for the ~2016 market, I would 100% recommend flipping the game to minimum settings and working from there.

Last edited:

SukebeDude

Jul 27, 2017
Edit: I just noticed his CPU is theoretically below requirements. The official minimum for carnal instinct on the CPU front is "Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.3 GHz or better" and while that's a CPU from 2011, it's got a notably higher clock rate than the i5-6402P has. Depending on how the game handles threading clock rate could be far more important than core count. Even the maximum one/two core turbo frequency for that processor is just barely above minimum recommendations, at 3.4GHz.
I don't think that's it, i'm running a i7-4770K @ 3.5 no problem, i'm also running DDR3, granted i have 32GB of it.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
I don't think that's it, i'm running a i7-4770K @ 3.5 no problem, i'm also running DDR3, granted i have 32GB of it.
An i7-4770K can run at 3.5GHz with all 8 threads going, while his CPU can only manage to get within minimum requirements by shutting down the virtual cores and running just one or two threads at maximum overclock. Depending on how some of the game's internals work, being five hundred MHz below minimum settings (as shown in his screenshot, it's running at factory 2.8GHz) could have a significant impact. Standalone, that wouldn't be enough to drop the game to slideshow, but if the entire rig is of a similar age it could certainly drop FPS down to the single digits.

There's a reason I swapped my i9-7940X out for an i7-7740X, and that reason is simple: most games make far better use of a higher clock rate on a few cores than they do of a lower clock rate on more cores. The i9 is fantastic when I use it with software that can properly multithread, mind. But it was absolutely a bottleneck when I was gaming, at least in comparison to the i7.

SukebeDude

Jul 27, 2017
An i7-4770K can run at 3.5GHz with all 8 threads going, while his CPU can only manage to get within minimum requirements by shutting down the virtual cores and running just one or two threads at maximum overclock. Depending on how some of the game's internals work, being five hundred MHz below minimum settings (as shown in his screenshot, it's running at factory 2.8GHz) could have a significant impact. Standalone, that wouldn't be enough to drop the game to slideshow, but if the entire rig is of a similar age it could certainly drop FPS down to the single digits.

There's a reason I swapped my i9-7940X out for an i7-7740X, and that reason is simple: most games make far better use of a higher clock rate on a few cores than they do of a lower clock rate on more cores. The i9 is fantastic when I use it with software that can properly multithread, mind. But it was absolutely a bottleneck when I was gaming, at least in comparison to the i7.
His processor is 4 core 4 threads though so no hyperthreading, maybe i should have mentioned that when i made the argument.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
His processor is 4 core 4 threads though so no hyperthreading, maybe i should have mentioned that when i made the argument.
Indeed, I misspoke. It can run at a maximum of 3.2GHz at four cores. By shutting down one core and just running three, it goes to a maximum of 3.3GHz. And by shutting down two or three cores, it can go all the way up to 3.4GHz. But that's all moot because, as shown in his own screenshot, it's currently running at the factory rate of 2.8GHz, a full 500MHz below minimum requirements for Carnal Instinct.

His processor also supports integrated graphics, so there's a very real chance that for whatever reason Carnal Instinct is attempting to render using that rather than using his 1080 TI.

Last edited:

Petern

Jun 8, 2017
when i enter the tomb in Footsteps of the Dragon mission, my vision always stuck inside the character, does anybody knows why?
It happened to me as well, I think I triggered this glitch by pressing buttons during the cutscene. Just open the door and wait.

4.00 star(s) 86 Votes