legofrog5364

Jan 5, 2021
I have a question namely is there anything added on the old game engine and worth downloading or is it better to already download this version with the new engine and is there as much content as on the old one or only the first few tasks?
its still kinda lack luster, alot of the "coming soon" content still isnt done for what ever reason and most of the new stuff only add's like 3 animations. i'd say still give it awhile cause they always hyper focus on new stuff instead of finishing what they already implemented.

noovyo

Jan 31, 2018
i would like some help im trying to fine the missing sword do u guy know of the locaition or it may bug out bc i got the sword by accident

xyzaxis

Formerly 'meshmiso'
Jul 9, 2017
Everything that's in the steam post

Opting in
Until there is content parity with the Unreal Engine 4 release, the UE4 Preview will be available via a Beta Branch on Steam, to access this, right click on the game in your library -> properties -> betas -> click UE5. You're in!

Expectations & Pre-Alpha
We know there is a lot of excitement about this move, but please remember that this is essentially a brand new game. There will be bugs, probably a lot of bugs, and issues. Little content has been ported across from Unreal Engine 4, so whilst it'll expand quickly, the world is obviously lacking depth in comparison to the existing builds.

Please help by reporting major performance issues, along with hardware specs and graphics settings, as well as show-stopping bugs. At this stage we don't need reports of floating models etc, as we know well that there will be lots of these and we're not onto solely cosmetic fixes for a while.

Whilst we finalise our new traversal system climbing has been entirely disabled. This decision wasn't taken lightly, but a half-implemented system had the potential to cause more harm than it was worth. More ways to navigate the world will return in a future update.

Once the disabled features are reenabled we will consider this version of the game as the Alpha Build of Carnal Instinct.

Known Issues
This build has some systems, like magic, gated simply by the point in the story where the game opens. However some mechanics, such as setting romance paths and the mess/cleaning system, have been temporarily disabled for technical reasons. These will be restored in the next couple of updates once teething issues have been ironed out.

Additional Known Issues:

• Controller support is still not available in all menus (we would recommend you use a Steam Controller profile for a better experience)
  • The Aadi does not like water and will die if the water is too deep
  • Some Video Settings do not currently save, we believe this is a UE5 bug on our version, we're upgrading after this update which should fix it! If not, we'll do an update with a manual fix
  • Some video settings require you to reload the map
  • Sails Ahoy! The boats are currently very work in progress and you cannot get on while swimming and the paddle is missing.
  • Last minute we have disabled opening/closing the map via the M Key due to a few scenarios where the player could get soft-locked, so you have to open the Map via the Inventory.
  • Sometimes after save/loads, chests & vendors will have 2x the amount of loot
  • We have done a huge number of bug fixes in the last month but I'm sure many will slip through the cracks, please report them in Steam Discussions or our Discord, this is a Preview and a Pre-Alpha after all!

More Music
We have new menu and in-game music, as well as raunchy limericks and bawdy ballad's by our boisterous bard, Nenu.

Pregnancy
Pregnancy content is not for everyone, so it's disabled by default. You will have to visit the virility and fertility shrines on Tal-Senet to activate this feature.

Feed Pakhet the almost-tame Mau
Damaris' tamed Mau, "She Who Scratches" doesn't take kindly to attempts to pet her, she will however devour food when offered. This is an important feature. It deserves this paragraph. I will die on this hill.

ACT 1: Traveller in and Antique Land
This build represents the very beginning of act one, you find yourself on the shores of Sabu and begin your journey. Soon you'll share the lands with Drakes, Sphynx, and all manner of exotic creatures... for now though you'll need to shed your mundane form and learn to fend for yourself in the fallen lands of Tal-Senet and Mehden Island.

What's Next?
We never stop and we've got big plans for the next updates, we're currently working on:
  • DSS 2.0
  • Jiggly Butts
  • Traversal and Interaction Systems
  • Caves
  • New Quests & Boss Expansion to Shipwrecked Anubites
@ me when they add in the jiggly butts part

Chemmy

Jun 10, 2018
@ me when they add in the jiggly butts part
will do, waiting on that update as well, haven't really played this one, started the game, picked up a stick, ran forward, fight stuff, died, it put me back at the start with no stick to pick up, closed the game

phillibuster

Apr 2, 2019
Will the old version still be updated or is the Unreal 5 one the only one getting updates from now on? Cuz that's way too high for my rig...

n95nob

Feb 4, 2022
Will the old version still be updated or is the Unreal 5 one the only one getting updates from now on? Cuz that's way too high for my rig...
Im pretty sure thats it for the ue4 version of the game. They are now completely focusing on ue5. First to get ue5 up to speed with the content of ue4.

Reactions: MrStal0ne

Venyas

Jan 20, 2018
Holy shit talk about a downward spiral if I have ever seen one. Used to be a patreon, decided to come back and check the game after 9 months and holy shit am I disappointed from what I saw. UE 5???? Why??? There was no need for it. Ohh wait ye, they are just milking it at this point. FML.
Exactly what I have been arguing with a zealoth in here, but not to worry, this guys will support the game for the next 10 years and we just have to remember then to try the finnish product. We should have a nice 5 hours worth of gameplay by then XD.

Elendil117

Jul 14, 2020
i would like some help im trying to fine the missing sword do u guy know of the locaition or it may bug out bc i got the sword by accident
I find Lion sword north east from her position on island within corpse, but i don't have conversation about it.
1691070751430.png

Last edited:

CyberCy616

Feb 14, 2021
This will be the last time I say this. The reason they move on to Unreal 5 is because Unreal 4 will be getting no new updates which means no bug fixes for dev teams Unreal 5 is the next best thing. The saying "Stagnant fail, Innovate success" oh why do I try everybody will just think I'm a zealot as soon as something changes and don't like they'll hate but once it gets good they'll come back doesn't matter pc or console all the same.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Exactly what I have been arguing with a zealoth in here, but not to worry, this guys will support the game for the next 10 years and we just have to remember then to try the finnish product. We should have a nice 5 hours worth of gameplay by then XD.
If you paid any attention at all to my interactions instead of making a vague comment immediately after reacting to my post, you'd notice that I engage completely differently with complaints that are grounded in reality. Actual concerns about the game as it is right now, based on trying the game rather than just complaining about an engine upgrade the developers opted into for a variety of reasons, include but are not limited to:
  • The player control system is a technical nightmare that is difficult to interact with and simultaneously very exploitable, since actions are animation-based rather than animations being action-based.
  • The game's introduction and storytelling is often disjointed and incomplete, leaving the player scratching their head and trying to figure out what is going on and what they're supposed to do.
  • The developers still have ongoing issues with programming logic. It is very easy to break things with simple actions like picking up a quest item before starting the quest, or loading from a quicksave.
  • The sex scenes in the game (the few that currently exist) still have the same exact problems as they did in UE4. Limited camera movement, clipping, etc. (Fun fact! This is one of the developers' current major projects, and they shared two screenshots of the new insertions and how they can now properly deform orifices just yesterday.)
  • There are significant QA concerns with the map which can result in a variety of issues from softlocking the player by getting stuck in a hole to just seeing places the player shouldn't see.
  • The game's UI has significant issues that vary from settings not being properly retained to being able to softlock the game when you manage to open one menu on top of another.
These are actual, entirely valid complaints about the game. Some of them are very significant problems, in fact. And they have far, far more relevance than unfounded accusations that the developers are somehow not actually putting work into this game and just coasting off of the income.

This game has a lot of things that both can and should be criticized. The developers' work ethic is not one of those things. On the other hand, I've questioned their ability to follow through since the very first time I played the game and broke all the quests in the process.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 85 Votes