Chemicals!

Aug 20, 2018
Has anyone been able to take control of Sehet in Gliden Fold? I can’t do it, maybe I’m trying to use the urn on the wrong character?
I spent a lot of time trying to figure it out and the only information I've found has come from this thread. Officially, via the Discord apparently, the quest is bugged and cannot be completed as of this version. One user in this thread claims that they were able to complete the quest by reloading to a save before starting the quest, on a new game. I tried it with my existing save and of course it was still bugged. I'm planning on starting a new game (for big updates like this I like to see the game fresh to get all the new stuff) and I'll try again. If it helps I'll mention something in this thread.

SexyMika

Nov 8, 2023
I can’t complete the Welcome to the Fold quest, there’s a bug in the game, I can’t see npc sehet in the cage

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
Has anyone been able to take control of Sehet in Gliden Fold? I can’t do it, maybe I’m trying to use the urn on the wrong character?
The quest worked for me when I went through it.

When the NPC tells you to follow them, they stop in front of one cage near them, the person you need to capture is inside the cage.
The aiming felt a little weird when I did it, I think I just placed the aiming cursor between two of the bars of the cage and activated the urn. I think I was standing a few steps away from the cage as well.

Reactions: Ssato243

Ulenspiegel

May 9, 2018
The game's very high on my list and I'm eagerly waiting for next updates. But... I'll have to confess, I'm on a fence about the ritual dancing around "consensual noncon" the UE5 version performs. It feels... very cautious. Very safe. Very tame. And it takes the edge off the charm of the somewhat dark but compelling world UE4 version was building.

Reactions: Megumin-

HentardDivine

Feb 4, 2024
Oooh, can't wait for them to add fishing! Man, if they removed all the sex stuff and just kept the kinky vibe I'd still pay an arm and a leg for this.

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
Oooh, can't wait for them to add fishing! Man, if they removed all the sex stuff and just kept the kinky vibe I'd still pay an arm and a leg for this.
It's here, it's not great. Insert rod, wait, play a balancing minigame to get the bar meter to stay in a zone in the middle, and pull in fish.

What I like about this particular update is that is finally establishes a sense of economy. I can kill enemies, they drop weapons, armor, and ingredients I can use, I can fish, and any of this can be sold to a merchant for gold nubs. Enemies drop potions, and I can expect to buy anything a merchant can sell given enough time.

What was the game like before? No loot spawned more than once except the treasure chests that were only supposed to spawn once, ironically. It was still almost completely limited on a find-once basis. You can say that if you were purposely horrible with managing your money you would be locked out of buying stuff forever.

While this game superficially resembles an Elder Scrolls game like Skyrim, its technical limitations feel more like Morrowind; NPCs can't move between cells of the game world, and nothing has ragdolls. This is what you can expect when you try to create a TES game from scratch in UE5 instead of use a Gamebryo engine but then be legally unable to sell the game for profit.

That said the profit motivates the game to be built in the first place, and this game actually feels like it could count as a version 0.5x (half-done) game. This is relevant because some games are so badly designed that a game would try to pass itself off as "version 0.8x" and feel more like a 0.3x due to how underdone it is. Well done Carnal Instinct crew!

My personal gripe: A game of this kind of graphical fidelity and scenery building is vulnerable to the problem of having too little land to use for playable content; TES 2: Daggerfall had the largest playable world of any game though it was procedurally made and installed, TES 5: Skyrim had a smaller world than earlier games in the series but it felt big enough because of the verticality from mountains letting devs put more content in the world per flat area of space, with mountains breaking the space to make it feel farther apart than it actually was. Sabu is mostly flat plain and river, so there's not as much verticality to play with, making the world feel small at this current point.

Maybe with later versions the devs can shape the world enough to fit more activities into their land.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
My personal gripe: A game of this kind of graphical fidelity and scenery building is vulnerable to the problem of having too little land to use for playable content; TES 2: Daggerfall had the largest playable world of any game though it was procedurally made and installed, TES 5: Skyrim had a smaller world than earlier games in the series but it felt big enough because of the verticality from mountains letting devs put more content in the world per flat area of space, with mountains breaking the space to make it feel farther apart than it actually was. Sabu is mostly flat plain and river, so there's not as much verticality to play with, making the world feel small at this current point.

Maybe with later versions the devs can shape the world enough to fit more activities into their land.
Breaking up the player's view of the world and preventing them from running straight from point A to point B is super important. Consider how Ultima III: Exodus occluded the player's view as you moved around the world, and how that made their tiny little world map feel massive and complicated as a result.

Kanjimaru

Jan 26, 2018
UE5 problem here.. The Quest "A call for adventure" is not continuing. It tells me to speak with Amara, Amara tells me to visit the shrine, but I already did that. She still doesnt do anything else but tell me to visit that shrine (Shrine of Ascension, right next to her)
Did you try checking the sorcery option in the shrine, i was confused at first but the game wants you to re-enter the shrine and drag and drop a spell into a slot. It is a dumb tutorial thing that makes you re-enter the menu you were just at to progress the quest.

ooogan

Sep 11, 2023
Lovely bugs that are not at all annoying:

Randomly can't sprint
Randomly can't melee
Randomly space is replaced for rolling, NOT jumping
Oh, and if you spam click escape you'll completely break the game, are WE the play testers?

ooogan

Sep 11, 2023
Lovely bugs that are not at all annoying:

Randomly can't sprint
Randomly can't melee
Randomly space is replaced for rolling, NOT jumping
Oh, and if you spam click escape you'll completely break the game, are WE the play testers?
The game also has a stroke if you spam click space whilst climbing up something

Colaymorak

Sep 29, 2021
is the void form available for the ue5 version or is it just for the ue4 version at the moment
UE4 only from what I can tell

Hope that, if they do reintroduce it they make it (and maybe a couple other skins) a quest reward like it is in UE4. That was neat

ZonesIntruder

Jun 23, 2022
I just can't beat the beast in the It Bleeds quest... I don't get even close to that, it's almost an immediate death... quite annoying. I guess no cheat is put there by the developers, right? I would have give some invincibility potion at least, just in this pre-alpha version of the game. Just saying.

PS: If anybody has a save after beating the beast... I would truly appreciate... :sneaky:

Cabbytoday

Nov 6, 2022
On the Milk and Honey got the two eyes then the woman who come to fight can't kill her it bugs on me just before she die...Okay it fixed it self

Last edited:

gayfurryart

Jan 12, 2021
I just can't beat the beast in the It Bleeds quest... I don't get even close to that, it's almost an immediate death... quite annoying. I guess no cheat is put there by the developers, right? I would have give some invincibility potion at least, just in this pre-alpha version of the game. Just saying.

PS: If anybody has a save after beating the beast... I would truly appreciate... :sneaky:
gotta use that cheat engine table and edit your health to like 2000 or so

NikiDrive

Feb 26, 2021

dude, this beast is lunging towards you. just make him crash into the pillars and then hit him. i beat him on easy.

Reactions: JustAl
4.00 star(s) 85 Votes