TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
1_.png

Looking for the launcher? Click here to download it.

Hi all,

Welcome to the second update for June. This update marks our first significant departure from our initial plans for a month, as laid out on our roadmap, and with good reason. There were several chunky systems we've been working on behind the scenes that were very nearly ready to push live and, with the camp systems dropping next month, we wanted them in-game before that time.

So what were the various winners and losers in this shake-up? Well the males are now in-game, though with limited content; you can still run, fight, swim, and fuck as a male human, however only two sex scenes are available thus far (and they're both for the bigger equipment).

Our initial four Patron shrines have been moved back a month - with 3/4 of them featuring pre-order content we felt that we didn't want to rush content in without the attention to detail it deserved. Eagle-eyed players will discover the first zone, though it's currently devoid of embellishments and interaction.

It was a tough decision for us to make, but over the coming weeks and months the shrines will be implemented in waves, bumped back to make way for the new features. The assets are already complete and we're excited to share with you some of the most detailed environment artwork in the game to date.

This change allowed us to implement the first-pass of some key systems that are needed for players to get the most out of next-month's camp update; the new day/night cycle and our levelling/xp system.

The implementation of day and night, as teased in our very first trailer, is something that's really important to how Sabu will develop over time. Currently the change is merely cosmetic, but in future the nocturnal gameplay will feature different enemies and encounters among other changes.

For a long time the RPG component of the game has been in need of further development and, whilst we're still firmly in pre-alpha, we're taking another step in that direction with the introduction of a levelling system. It's currently woefully unbalanced, but you'll now encounter enemies of different levels and your own level will increase with XP gained. This will further feed into other systems as well (that we're currently playing close to our chest).

Another item that had to be shifted back was the 'Welcome Home" quest. Initially we'd planned to release it this month, however it would have dead-ended with an empty camp that players couldn't upgrade, so we felt it made more sense to implement it along with the camp mechanics themselves in July.

"Levels are great, and I wanted that quest, but what about the sex?!" I hear you cry. Well, have no fear, for we have two slaves bound and begging for it... literally... I mean they're on the verge of petrification here. Male and female options are available, though both currently only support a male player. Both are particularly messy in the end too, given that they're for larger members.

We've name-dropped the camp already, and the site for it now exists in the world. What props or buildings you'll find there are temporary however, and will be replaced next month (the votes for the buildings have been delayed whilst we finalised some design decisions and will go up in the next few days).

For now the camp lacks any of its systems, beyond a temporary implementation of the sleep mechanic (to advance time). If you're a fan of a particular time of day then you can interact with the player's bed to skip to it. Again you can already see how this will feed into other systems. We love it when a plan comes together... well not just when plans do it.

In terms of visual upgrades, both the water and sky have received an overhaul, making the world far more appealing to spend time in. Performance costs have been balanced with further optimisations, so you shouldn't see much of a hit (if any) to your framerate.

New bodies and scenes call for new equipment below the belt, with this month featuring the Demigod-Patron funded Ultimatus. It's a spikey, spiny, nubby, knotted tool of both pleasure and pain. The long-dead being it belonged to has little use for it now, so you may as well take it for a spin.

Overall June has been a mammoth task, laying what we think are some essential improvements for the camp systems next month. We know that this marks a significant change in some areas, though we ensured what we considered the 'core' deliverables (primarily males) were included.

This is a huge step forward and, as the camp drops over the next updates, Sabu is about to have a lot more going on.

Thank you all so much - it's down to your incredible support that Carnal Instinct is developing so rapidly and we're gathering momentum as we race towards Alpha.

Team Carnal Instinct

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Changelog, v0.2.80

• Added Sex Scene - "Male Slave"
  • Added Sex Scene - "Female Slave"
  • Added Item - "Human Male Form"
  • Added Item - "Ample Scrotum"
  • Added Item - "Hefty Scrotum"
  • Added Item - "Ultimatus"
  • Added Day/Night cycle to Sabu
  • Added Renown (Player Levelling System)
  • Added Enemy Levels - Colour coded based on your level
  • Added "Empty" player camp blockout
  • Added Player Stash
  • Added Player Bed
  • Added new player capture to the Inventory Screen
  • Added Human Male Locomotion Animations
  • Added Human Male SFX
  • Added various objects to the map including new water materials
  • Fixed a bug with the cosmetic system not applying when saving/loading without opening the inventory
  • Fixed various problems with roaming NPC's which caused them to occasionally spike
  • Fixed a problem with consumable jars not disappearing
  • Fixed collision issues throughout the world
  • Fixed multiple game thread problems improving performance
  • Fixed a bug with cock tints
  • Fixed underwater foliage not spawning
  • Fixed a bug allowing players to sell items intended to be un-sellable
  • Fixed multiple spelling errors within the game
  • Changed wraps to work with 'Human Male Form'
  • Changed the Merchant UI
  • Changed textures on multiple objects for better performance
  • Changed underwater post-processing

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Click where? Where is the launcher?
I make a habit of killing outbound links to non-major sites when I copy things into this site because there's never any particular guarantee that the link will stay live or pointing at what people expect, if they see the post a few years later. Patreon and Steam? Will probably still be there. The site for an indie AO developer? Might still be there in a few years, might not.

And the launcher in particular will do people here little good, as even if you bypass the patreon check in the launcher itself the game has its own check now that has yet to be cracked.

I have now bought the game over the website for Steam.
When will Version 0.2.80 come out for Steam?
In September:
old.jpg

Foxyz

Oct 10, 2018
It's it just me or there is no real way to play the latest non-steam version of the game. Because non-cracked says that you need to be a patreon to play the game and cracked won't even install

• Angry
Reactions: aok3 and Sypheria

Blahblah3000

Oct 9, 2019
Will play and support this when they get more body and face customization options such as body shape sliders etc.

Last edited:

Foxyz

Oct 10, 2018
I was being sarcastic, you nit. The last twenty pages have been nothing but the same complaints, which Foxyz would know if they'd read before asking.
I did but the other posts made it just that much more confusing and I decided to ask to make sure

Last edited:

Luckyfan

Apr 9, 2021
After launching the game window itself, try to move the mouse about in the middle and simultaneously press not the Space bar as I wrote earlier and the Left mouse button, but the Left mouse button and Enter. Spacebar apparently does not work for me either. Just logged in with the Left mouse button + Enter
Does it work so far?

greeneyed

Jul 30, 2017
I would just chill guys, the game is cracked as soon as the content is released to the $8.50 users usually. (Monthly)
The people who pay $77 dollars ain't gonna let the crackers have it, since they pay $77 per month (ha).
Don't think it's even cracked for content at this point, I think it's cracked because it exists as DRM. (Looking at the cracking forums).

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020

"The air crackled and, but for a moment, I glimpsed not only the heavens but through them, through to the endless chaos of the void. Reality slipped from my sight like a silken robe discarded in the throes of lust, and I gazed upon an ocean that was both time and space. I saw the tumult at the core of creation and the infinite paths, both taken and not. In that instant I saw all that was or that could be... above all else, my part in it..."
Q'Tesh
NB: For those of you who saw this when it first went up, it had to be republished as the poll settings were incorrect. It was nobodies fault. Least of all echo.

Intro

As we get underway with the camp systems this month, we're aware that it has been a long time since we asked you for your feedback on our outline plans. In June we made some key changes to what we delivered, opting for more of the core system upgrades to allow greater depth in both future features and quests.

We've decided that it's now time to allow you the opportunity to make changes to the roadmap, so to that end we have this new poll. Unfortunately polls are a blunt instrument, so we can't offer the granular options we'd like, but we can still rate the overall priorities of the community.

If the majority view aligns with our existing roadmap, little to nothing will change, however we're open to greatly shifting elements around where possible to change the order of delivery.

Poll

So how will this work? Simply vote for the things you want to see soonest. You can vote for as many as you like, though we recommend ~5 selections each to try and make preferences more pronounced in the finished numbers. Options are arranged in alphabetical order, there is no significance to where something appears on the list.

Wherever things shake out, we'll aim to implement a multitude of systems and content in Carnal Instinct, this simply allows us to ensure we're making the game with our community and that your desires are reflected in the process and the order of creation.

This hopefully means that you'll get your hands on the things you want the most sooner than you might have otherwise.

Fin

That's it, there's nothing else here. Please vote!

Thank you all so much for taking the time to participate in this vote, we genuinely appreciate it. Not only does it give you a chance to directly influence the shape of the project in the coming months, but it lets us know if things we considered minor additions are actually the priorities of the community. This will allow us to potentially put more development resources than we would have into further fleshing out your favourite options.

Best of luck, and may the most depraved options win!

Team Carnal Instinct

• Androgynous Races (neither clearly male nor female)
  • Bandit Chieftains (win/loss scenes for challenge) & Player Enslavement (do as you're told slave!)
  • Beast Hunts (Trap and collect rare exotic NPCs for your camp) & Bounties System (hunt dangerous targets)
  • Boon System (pledge to a god for a unique benefit, only one active at any time)
  • Breeding, Pregnancy, Virility (get pregnant or sire offspring with others)
  • Character Customisation (general build, breast size, horn type, eye colour, etc)
  • Urban Zones (adds substantial city & temple zones to Sabu) & Repair Ruins (reclaim deserted areas to restore Sabu)
  • Crime + Punishment (Stop right there criminal scum!) & Moral Options (Primal Kills, Enslaving, Set Free, Bribe, etc)
  • Dynamic Sex System (transition sex acts in realtime, camera control, etc)
  • Environmental Hazards (More goo options, plant vines, half-petrified npcs)
  • Extreme Exotic NPCs (Full Dragon, Titans, etc)
  • Main Story Quests & Side Story Quests
  • Milking (Moo)
  • Travel Options: Mounts (explains itself) & Sailing (I'm on a boat m*therf*cker)
  • New Cock Systems (Twin-cocks, small options)
  • New Exotic NPCs (Sphynx, Drake, Female Centaur, Male Naga, etc)
  • New Major Biome (Isle of Lybos - Hellenistic Greece Themed)
  • New Minor Biomes (Temple Gardens of Suma - Sumerian/Babylonian Themed) & (Palace of the Void Queen)
  • Male Races (Draconid & Felian) & New Playable Races (Jackal, Bovine, Serpentine, etc)
  • New Skins & Outfits for existing species
  • New Weapon Types (Daggers, Clubs, Metal Claws) & Primal Attacks (Claws, Tail, Bite)
  • Nocturnal Encounters (NPCs go to bed, night-only hazard and content)
  • Racial Bonus (Draconid +Armour / Felians +Stealth / Void Spirit +Magic / etc) & Player Conditions (creampied, exhausted, hot/sweaty, etc)
  • Stealth Mechanics (Including backstab kills) & Magic System (combat magic & summons)
  • Weather System (rain, dust storms, etc)

4.00 star(s) 85 Votes