Crese1967895

Mar 10, 2020
Oh, if anyone's interested I'll leave a guide here for making the game a lot more controller friendly!

I don't know if this works, but if you play with a PS4 controller you might be able to skip steps 4-7! Here's the link to the PS4 config:steam://controllerconfig/carnal%20instinct/2559202328

Step 1: Click on add a game, then Non-Steam Game, then add Carnal Instinct

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Step 2: Connect your desired controller to the PC(Xbox or PS)and click on Big Picture Mode, settings, then controller settings, then check the box of the controller you want to use:

Step 3: While in Big Picture Mode back out of settings, click on Library, then on Carnal Instinct, then manage shortcut(Or game)then finally controller config

Step 4: Click on browse configs then scroll down and click on Keyboard (WASD) and Mouse[This will be the template, I'll guide you into fully configuring it for the game]. Click on apply config.

Step 5:
Here's all the configurations you need to apply! I'll walk you through them though, don't worry!

Step 6: Click on the box containing the buttons(A,B,Y,X for XBOX, Triangle,X,Circle,Square for PS)

Step 7: Xbox Users Click on A, PS users click on X

The rest you can use Step 5 for reference, click on done when your finished! Also keep in mind that you can still use keyboard and mouse with the controller, oh and be sure to launch Carnal Instinct From steam or the config won't work!

Also apply these settings:

PS. Rename the config if you'd like! If it get's unapplied or the game updates you'll have to add the updated version of Carnal Instincts to steam again, but you won't have to re-do all of this! Here's an example picture:

EDIT: This guide took me waaaaay longer than expected, lol!

Last edited:

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
Oh really?

It's not my sole opinion that the game is practically a demo and definitely not worth 30 bucks. I didn't mean any disrespect by saying, " Whoever buys the steam version is an idiot, they're paying more than the Ascended One tier and getting less content.... ". I worded it wrong, I meant that at it's current state it's simply not worth it, especially not when you can get more content on patreon for 10$.

I do agree that getting the steam version is the best option, but not for a game with so little content. Hell, the quality can't even be properly gauged yet because the sex animations aren't complete(For example, the Secret Admirer animation doesn't even have a cum scene yet).

Also, keep in mind that the dev could have gave steam users the latest versions as a beta(Meaning that they could download either the more stable version, or the newest version). Of course, the dev won't do that because that would mean he wouldn't have many patreons when they can buy the game once and have access to the newest version!

TLDR; The game is pretty barebones at the moment and why should you waste 30$ on the game when you get more scenes for paying 10$? Hell, why buy the game at all?!? The quality can't be gauged because of how incomplete the animations and quests are at the moment, so you may regret your purchase later!
wow you haven't read a single thing said before on this thread
"half the content" because 100% of the quests and scenes but without like 5 out of like 20 or more character skins and penises available is half the content cut
you don't get more scenes for paying $10, you get exactly same scenes, and you don't seem to grasp the subscription model
"money making machine" if you checked the thread, you'd know that the devs ditched their jobs for this and now they're just above breaking even, it's a 5 person team
they aren't milking anyone, the updates are consistent
you're complaining on a 3 month delay between updates in one version in an industry where half a year of radio silence tends to be a norm at times
you don't seem to realise that developing games costs money and time
this game aims quite high, so it's gonna need a lot of that
big games from big publishers have their budget laid out before the work even starts, so you pay for a finished product
but this isn't a game from a big publisher, and the devs need money to do things like staying alive

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
"half the content" because 100% of the quests and scenes but without like 5 out of like 20 or more character skins and penises available is half the content cut
you don't get more scenes for paying $10, you get exactly same scenes, and you don't seem to grasp the subscription model
"money making machine" if you checked the thread, you'd know that the devs ditched their jobs for this and now they're just above breaking even, it's a 5 person team
you're complaining on a 3 month delay between updates in one version in an industry where half a year of radio silence tends to be a norm at times
big games from big publishers have their budget laid out before the work even starts, so you pay for a finished product
but this isn't a game from a big publisher, and the devs need money to do things like staying alive
It's literally just a few variants of the oversized cocks that steam is missing in the latest comparison, from what I recall. Also, they're apparently planning an out of cycle steam update sometime this month specifically because of the timing on the june update versus adding male player characters to the game.

Reactions: ViviX12

Crese1967895

Mar 10, 2020
1. Those Spoilers are REVIEWS FROM STEAM

2. My mistake about saying patreon has more content, I didn't read the comments and I made an incorrect assmption.

EDIT: Turns out that patreon DOES get more content than steam, "In the Steam build, yeah. In the current Patreon builds MC can be male and there are two sex scenes specific to said male MC. (One M/F, one M/M, both in the same place)". Even the patreon page disproves the two people above me, "New weapons, Enemies, Voice Acting, Visual Upgrades and more! The progress on the camp system continues, and the prerequisites are now done."

3. MY OPINION is that the game is not worth 30$ at it's current state, but from what I've played the game is enjoyable and may turn out to be a more sexual Conan Exiles(Which would be great, I've always wanted to play an Action game with tons of fappable sex scenes). I might buy it in the future, but not for now. The Dev should really clarify that the patreons only have cosmetics, not actual gameplay. That would help him out a lot seeing as all the negative reviews I've read is because they think they aren't getting all the content.

Last edited:

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
The Dev should really clarify that the patreons only have cosmetics, not actual gameplay. That would help him out a lot seeing as all the negative reviews I've read is because they think they aren't getting all the content.
The devs have clarified that on multiple occasions. Here, on their own website, on steam, and in their own discord. Due to the largely unmoderated nature of reviews on Steam (unless a review explicitly breaks Steams TOS, it sticks around. Developers can opt to remove all reviews but cannot moderate invididual reviews), and the vast trove of misinformation here and elsewhere, their clarifications have been buried every single time.

Edit: Attaching the relevant infopanel taken straight from their website below. As a side note I can confirm that Patreon gets two monthly builds, not one. The $10 tier is once-monthly, while the $20 tier is twice-monthly. Every update on every platform includes all prior content, so it's just a matter of timing.
old.jpg

Edit 2: The "Tier-specific rewards + bonus content" is actually a degree of creative control over the game, not ingame content limited to specific tiers. Some of the higher-paid tiers get to design shrines in a specific area of the game by picking and choosing from decorations, and can include a worshipper with sex scenes of their choosing as well. There are also characters and cosmetics being added based on votes and suggestions from higher tiered patrons, such as the "Ultimatus" cock (it's this glowy purple horscock with a knot and feline barbs, basically) added in a recent update and the "big tiddy cthulu girlfriend" planned for a future update.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crese1967895

Crese1967895

Mar 10, 2020
The devs have clarified that on multiple occasions. Here, on their own website, on steam, and in their own discord. Due to the largely unmoderated nature of reviews on Steam (unless a review explicitly breaks Steams TOS, it sticks around. Developers can opt to remove all reviews but cannot moderate invididual reviews), and the vast trove of misinformation here and elsewhere, their clarifications have been buried every single time.

Edit: Attaching the relevant infopanel taken straight from their website below. As a side note I can confirm that Patreon gets two monthly builds, not one. The $10 tier is once-monthly, while the $20 tier is twice-monthly. Every update on every platform includes all prior content, so it's just a matter of timing.
View attachment 1322754
Oh.....well, I guess I've no-one to blame but myself for the misunderstanding!

Reactions: Shura Matoi

Plvy1n

Dec 8, 2020
Hi all, I have a problem who faced with it and decided to announce in the quest Diamond in the rough at the end of a huge boss to beat him, but his weapon does not cause any damage who knows why?

1245Boy

Jul 15, 2018
So I can't seem to find a clear answer on this anywhere, are there male NPCs or playable characters in this?

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
So far they are planned. Only female or futa at the moment
The current version on Patreon has one male humanoid NPC who can be fucked by the player (only available for male players), and one male centaur that can fuck female or futa players. More are planned in the future, presumably.

Water Master

Aug 19, 2018
The current version on Patreon has one male humanoid NPC who can be fucked by the player (only available for male players), and one male centaur that can fuck female or futa players. More are planned in the future, presumably.
Ah, you're right, I don't know why I thought he was referring to the MC (which at the moment can only be female/futa)

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Ah, you're right, I don't know why I thought he was referring to the MC (which at the moment can only be female/futa)
In the Steam build, yeah. In the current Patreon builds MC can be male and there are two sex scenes specific to said male MC. (One M/F, one M/M, both in the same place.)

catsdino

Aug 6, 2019
Whoever buys the steam version is an idiot, they're paying more than the Ascended One tier and getting less content....

EDIT: By the statement above I meant that at it's current state it's simply not worth it, especially not when you can get more content on patreon for 10$. If you want to support the dev that's fine, but I wouldn't recommend it!
If you get it on patreon though don't you lose out on updates if you stop subbing?

Crese1967895

Mar 10, 2020
It's literally just a few variants of the oversized cocks that steam is missing in the latest comparison, from what I recall. Also, they're apparently planning an out of cycle steam update sometime this month specifically because of the timing on the june update versus adding male player characters to the game.
Why contradict your own statement? You said that the Patreon version only has cosmetic stuff and is pratically the same as the steam version, but then say, "The current version on Patreon has one male humanoid NPC who can be fucked by the player (only available for male players), and one male centaur that can fuck female or futa players. More are planned in the future, presumably".

Wouldn't that mean the patreon version has more content than the steam version? Then why tell me it doesn't, then proceed to tell others it does?

Crese1967895

Mar 10, 2020
If you get it on patreon though don't you lose out on updates if you stop subbing?
You could always re-sub 5 or more months later once a better version comes along. Then do it again in another 5 or more months(The game would probably be 45-50% done). Or don't buy it at all, that's probably why you're here.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Why contradict your own statement? You said that the Patreon version only has cosmetic stuff and is pratically the same as the steam version, but then say, "The current version on Patreon has one male humanoid NPC who can be fucked by the player (only available for male players), and one male centaur that can fuck female or futa players. More are planned in the future, presumably".

Wouldn't that mean the patreon version has more content than the steam version? Then why tell me it doesn't, then proceed to tell others it does?
The Patreon version is updated twice monthly, the Steam version is updated once every three months. Every update has all content added prior, with the exception of a few cosmetic items that don't get added to Steam. The last Steam update was in June. The most recent Patreon update was a week ago. Unless you expect Patreon updates to have literally no content, there will be discrepancies between the two until Steam updates again.

4.00 star(s) 85 Votes