Mr Technician

Apr 30, 2018
This is a first game that i let main character die from monsters attack purposedly. Reason: got lost in the tomb and coudn't find the way out of it. And after death it just teleports to the camp. At least this works ok. :D

krendelll

Feb 4, 2019
Guys, maybe a difficult question.
I do not follow the negotiations of developers in the discord (if they communicate with someone besides voting, of course), so tell me who knows - did the developers talk about plans for this year - which of the global goals they plan to finish and introduce this year, i.e. is there something grandiose or big (besides DSS), what the developers are working on now and what everyone is waiting for this year.

The motive of my question.
It's just that after several years of developing the game and judging by what has been added to the game during this time.. In general, it seems to me that the developers are marking time because the map does not expand, the plot is globally weak and primitive. Game mechanics with the introduction of DS, in my opinion, is an attempt to simplify intimate content (which often leads to poor quality), I already see bad models of female genitalia and very poor-quality penetration of the penis into the vagina. In the same wildlife, this process is almost perfect.
It seems to me that the developers are frankly dragging their feet and introducing content for fans, i.e. lovers of women with members, furies, and now gay content has rolled up, but there is no system of species silection, pregnancy and fertilization. The player's camp is very simple.. That somehow everything is frankly weak...

Thanks in advance.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Guys, maybe a difficult question.
I do not follow the negotiations of developers in the discord (if they communicate with someone besides voting, of course), so tell me who knows - did the developers talk about plans for this year - which of the global goals they plan to finish and introduce this year, i.e. is there something grandiose or big (besides DSS), what the developers are working on now and what everyone is waiting for this year.

The motive of my question.
It's just that after several years of developing the game and judging by what has been added to the game during this time.. In general, it seems to me that the developers are marking time because the map does not expand, the plot is globally weak and primitive. Game mechanics with the introduction of DS, in my opinion, is an attempt to simplify intimate content (which often leads to poor quality), I already see bad models of female genitalia and very poor-quality penetration of the penis into the vagina. In the same wildlife, this process is almost perfect.
It seems to me that the developers are frankly dragging their feet and introducing content for fans, i.e. lovers of women with members, furies, and now gay content has rolled up, but there is no system of species silection, pregnancy and fertilization. The player's camp is very simple.. That somehow everything is frankly weak...

Thanks in advance.
So, aside from the fact that there's in progress UE5 rebuild (which you can search the thread for, I'm not copying their Patreon post out again when it's already here), and the fact they've teased hints in Discord that they're working on pregnancy now, there's also these development notes Patreon posts have picked up:

note1..png
Note2.png

Some of these notes are specific to the upcoming UE5 rebuild, while others may reflect the current UE4 plans. What I can make out of these notes is some of the following:
  • The magic system is officially a work in progress, which is good to see
  • Acquiring forms is going to be accomplished less by finding random urns, and more by exploring and completing story points.
  • Changing forms is no longer going to be a complete hotswap free for all, and will involve mechanical integration.
  • Looks like they're setting up the ability to hire followers.
  • We're getting yet another combat upgrade, including integration with the upcoming mount system.
That's on top of the assorted notes and confirmations we've got from discord and the UE5 announce, which include but are not limited to:
  • Pregnancy is officially a work in progress
  • A major quest is planned to be released this month. That means it's likely to be in the next Steam update as well, since the quarter ends at the start of October.
  • The map is getting a significant rebuild and expansion in Alpha
  • the UE5 switch is the demarcation the dev team is using for changing status from Pre-Alpha to Alpha
  • The upgraded map will be released at the same time as mounted travel, vehicles, and potentially an exotic form

If you're looking for something similar to Wild Life, don't bother with this game. This is not a sex simulator, it isn't planned to be a sex simulator, and the developers have shown no interest in doing the frankly insane amount of work it would take to match the sexual aspects of wild life. This game has a very different focus. And I think it's somewhat ironic that you're complaining about these developers dragging their feet at the same time you compare it to a project that spent several years adding just sex scenes while ignoring everything else they teased.

Last edited:

krendelll

Feb 4, 2019
If you're looking for something similar to Wild Life, don't bother with this game. This is not a sex simulator, it isn't planned to be a sex simulator, and the developers have shown no interest in doing the frankly insane amount of work it would take to match the sexual aspects of wild life. This game has a very different focus. And I think it's somewhat ironic that you're complaining about these developers dragging their feet at the same time you compare it to a project that spent several years adding just sex scenes while ignoring everything else they teased.
The problem is that I'm not one of the subscribers of patreon, so I do not have access to discord, therefore I do not know what the game will be like at all, i.e. what the developers are striving for.

About wildlife. As far as I know, everything that we see in wildlife is only for the joy of subscribers, whereas the main work is not published and is conducted behind closed doors.
According to this, everything is clear with wildlife, this is an action adventure game with a simulation of sex. Sex stimulation is also visible in the carnal instinct, and as far as I understand, there will be a breeding system, etc.
So, this is some kind of assassin creed origin with furry, futa, sex and breeding?

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
I'm glad they're putting some restrictions on swapping forms. When you can just change anything at any time to satisfy the requirements for any sex scene you bump into, I feel like you just end up with a character that has no identity.

Shadowclonezero

Sep 21, 2017
if there was an option to just have human-types and cat/dog(I mean the egyptian wall painting dog faces) head humanoids I would like this more, but it has too much variety of strange furries, just to have strange furries.. no other reason I can see..
the slime looking stuff is cool though.. just because it's unique (still doesn't really fit the scenario)

edit: facepalm all you like moron, this is supposedly an Egypt-esque game plot.. so what I said makes more sense than so many random furries haha :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Vyva

Apr 1, 2020
you can encounter NPC and casually ask theme for that (and that gives you kind of "freedom" of manipulating a little bit of how it will play), or you have a quests to unlock curtain scripted scenes. Game is sandbox and quest like type, and NPC have 2-4 types of the sex scenes, while quest like scenes are more unique.
Thanks for the help

• Hey there
Reactions: kdaniel111

Lindazana

Sep 16, 2018
Just how much futa stuff is in the game at this point? Is it still at the phase of one npc just so the tag can be slapped on the game, or have more now (or, ideally, some sort of customization setting to determine npc genders so everyone is happy)

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
Just how much futa stuff is in the game at this point? Is it still at the phase of one npc just so the tag can be slapped on the game, or have more now (or, ideally, some sort of customization setting to determine npc genders so everyone is happy)
There are several quest NPCs who are futa, as well as a number of generic NPCs for dynamic sex scenes (and yes, there is a colour-code system for telling them apart), and you can make your PC a futa as well.

Reactions: Lindazana

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
BugBattle.png

"No sooner had the hunter dispatched the abomination than a second one surged forth from beneath the sands. Without the element of surprise, so essential to his first kill, I presumed the Draconid was about to make an ill-fated attempt to run. It was to my great surprise that instead of turning to flee, he severed the head of the downed beast and, raising it like a shield, faced down the monster."

Ehkos, A Guide to the Desert Kingdoms
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hi All,

We're here with Avatar at last, bringing all of the bug-fixed content from last month's Ascended update along with some new content and a bit of a development blog. Because of what we're covering the body text here will touch on a bit of both.

First up worldbuilding/development. We're introducing a not-yet-ready-to-fight enemy, the Syphon Beetle. This huge arachnid isn't a beetle at all, but you'll never manage to convince the populous of the God Queen's realm to call it anything else; Syphon Arachnid doesn't have the same ring to it.

Using it's powerful back legs the creature leaps forward from it's hiding spot, pinning prey with the barbed front limbs. Spine-covered jaws then lock the victim in place as it impales them, its pulsating abdomen inflating to grotesque proportions as it sucks the carcass dry (and not in a fun way either). A lethal ambush predator, they'll be coming very soon to the dunes of the desert kingdom.

We'd hoped to get these in this month, working flat out to achieve it, but we just need to be realistic and push them back as they're simply not ready. Due to some sickness absences on the team the crunch required was just becoming unsustainable so they'll have to wait.

SyphonBeetles.png

Whilst the bugs aren't far enough along to have you face them down just yet, the trophy for dealing with them is. This Carapace Shield is a new equipment item to mix up your outfit.

(PSA: Please wash your hands after using this item. The CI development team accept no liability of any fantastical diseases contracted by holding the brainstem of a huge bug for a prolonged period)

BugShield.png

We've not only expanded the world of the Pre-Alpha UE4 build, but we've begun populating the Alpha UE5 build with new megastructures. Finally the sands of Sabu are beginning to appear worthy of Kethra's reputation. The below screenshot shows one of the new tomb entrances, assembled in the dev map rather than Sabu 2.0. Teeny tiny Anubite for scale.

PyramidClose.png

The entire team is in a constant process to increase quality and finalise the second pass on our assets as we give a last coat of polish for UE5. We're pulling out all the stops whilst also working to make the models, materials, effects, and UI even more performant than before. Recently we even upgraded our waterline to help blend our new "wet" effect (no, not that) in with the banks of our rivers (in next image: without blend - top, with blend - bottom).

Shoreline.png

The next Ascended update brings with it our expansive new quest, Liquid Gold, including the first in-game look at our female centaur NPC. But it also brings a question which we want your input on...

We'll publish a poll soon, which we want as much engagement with as possible, about potentially bringing forward the UE5 timeline. We're finding that updating UE4 is eating into our development time and gradually dragging us behind, but UE5 isn't yet at Alpha candidate status. The question will be some form of "do you want UE5 earlier but less complete, with us releasing that build rather than the existing UE4 one".

It's not a simple question. Whilst the mechanics in UE5 are more Alpha state, including popular ones like pregnancy, mounts, and companions, there is less implemented quest content as the game now starts before the events of the current UE4 builds. It's worth thinking about, but we'll make a much more detailed breakdown for you to give your input on in early September.

This is one of those occasions where the feedback of the community will fundamentally impact how we approach the next six months of development. We'll give you the pros and cons, but ultimately we need to ensure we're listening to your opinion and bringing you with us.

Thank you so much for your continued support, we're really excited with how the gameplay is shaping up in UE5 and can't wait for you to get your hands on it - in Alpha or before!

Team Carnal Instinct

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• Added item "Carapace Shield"
  • Added item "Iron Arrow" to Merchant Stock
  • Added item "Steel Arrow" to Merchant Stock
  • Added blockout map locations for "Liquid Gold"
UE5 Development
  • Development New high-resolution Megastructures
  • Development New enemy "Syphon Beetle"
  • Development on Motion Warping for Execution System
  • Development work on sailing boats
  • Development work on Pregnancy (DSS intergration, Fertility/Verility Stats modifiers, pregnancy opt in/out shrines, pregnant NPC location)
  • Development work on scripted events (opening large chests, opening large doors)
  • Development work on compass state changes (Enemy zone red)
  • Development work on new options menu design
  • Development work on navigation to allow for followers in the world
  • Development work on new special damage items such as Infusions, Resins and Throwable Items
  • Development work on asynchronous loading screens

Ascended Changelog - v0.3.50
  • Added new MxM Scene - "Standing Behind" as a part of Bribe Payoff
  • Added new Standing Female/Futa Scene
  • Added new "Sketchy Draconid" NPC to bribe the Guards and get the new MxM scene
  • Added new Voice Acting for Citizens around Blood Script Corpse
  • Added new Voice Acting for Watchman around Blood Script Corpse
  • Fixed an issue with the Fennec Jackal Skin
  • Fixed an issue with Multiple New Skins from v0.3.48->v0.3.59
  • Fixed an issue with the Cock Buldge for some models in some scenes
UE5 Development
  • Development New Story Content, NPCs and VA for upcoming quest - Liquid Gold
  • Development New Implementation in progress for the new Form and Unlock System
  • Development work for Lore System
  • Development work - repeated UE5 crashes due to 5.0.2 - thanks papa Epic
  • Development work - leveling improvements & changes

As usual, a reminder to not request this thread be updated to the latest build. Patreon versions of the game have protections that, if not bypassed, require the game be shared with sufficient information to compromise a Patreon account in order to function. Without that information, you get locked out at the title screen.

4.00 star(s) 86 Votes