Ren'Py Abandoned Castlecry [v0.15.5] [The Open Project Games]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
Main_Screen.png
Overview:
The year is 1068 C.E. and Europe is a broil of wars for power. This all seems familiar but also different. History has been the same as you know up to this point, but there is some slight deviation for this isn’t the world you know. This happens to be a split of the course of time. In this Parallel Universe the values of the people are different then the Chivalry and Piety of the high medieval age you know of. Emphasis has been placed on Rape, Breeding, and most of all Slavery. Majority of the world is based off this idea of Slavery and Breeding to make more slaves. Sometimes whole villages and Castles are based off a slave population.

We are the brand new H-development team called The Open Project. We are currently in development of a Kingdom/Slave management game called, "Castlecry." This will be the official Dev blog(unless it gets moved) for majority of development. It is currently in early stages of development but we do have the basic model down. All we need to do is to start filling in the content.

You are about to enter into this world yourself and choose how you will run it, rule your people, survive.​

Thread Updated: 2022-11-21
Release Date: 2018-08-19
Developer: The Open Project Games -
Censored: No
Version: 0.155
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-Log:

Download
Win
: - -

boring3sex.png thevisitorsex.png

Last edited by a moderator:

hyco2

Sep 15, 2017
I could't help me and downloaded it. Let's see what this is...

... and it is nothing. A Bug in the smithy upgrade, very crude drawings and mixed style of the art, no target, no sense of direction.

Why exactly had this to be published yet?

Deadlyreaper

Nov 20, 2017
On the whole this is a nice idea only it is really ultra bad implemented the game has 38 pictures most are really bad you can not really do anything with his slaves you can not enjoy with them and where the hell are mom and the sisters stayed? So I would say that it is a waste of time to download the game, there is not really something to see and it is quite boring

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Hey man glad to see your game is coming along an i'll play it soon maybe after i finish the game i'm on right now.
I'll make sure to let you know what i think of it since i leave reviews for most games i play.
pop team lemon.gif

thswherizat

Jun 1, 2017
Of all periods of European history why use 1068? It's so far away from the 'high medieval' age, villages were still very small and spread out, but this is after the greater time of Viking invasions. About 300 years before the black death. The only notable thing happening in Europe about this time was the Norman invasion of England, is the game based around that event? Or is it just a bunch of feudal peasants slinging heresies at each other?

gendruil

Jun 4, 2017
Of all periods of European history why use 1068? It's so far away from the 'high medieval' age, villages were still very small and spread out, but this is after the greater time of Viking invasions. About 300 years before the black death. The only notable thing happening in Europe about this time was the Norman invasion of England, is the game based around that event? Or is it just a bunch of feudal peasants slinging heresies at each other?
yeah except for the normans there wasn't much happening in england, and when you realize that england isn't europe, maybe you'll see that the holy roman empire, italy(they had beef with the normans too), poland vs HRE, the byzantian empire (and again normans) had lots of fun during this era.
for the high medieval, you're just wrong:

as for the game:
potential is there, the art is... i'd say horrible. do you plan on using daz or getting an artist onboard? the bug with pallisades and blacksmith don't really have any impact as there is not enough content. waiting to see where you go with this.

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
Basically, it's not alternate history. It's true history.
You do know that "Chivalry" and "Piety" were mostly just in legends?

gendruil

Jun 4, 2017
but i saw it on tv, it has to be true!!!
funny thing is, we also had slavery, we just didn't call it slavery

bearclaw01234

Mar 13, 2018
Basically, it's not alternate history. It's true history.
You do know that "Chivalry" and "Piety" were mostly just in legends?
@vir_cotto Ye should do research before ye look like a fool that doesn't have a clue what he is talking about. Chivalry has been around one form or another for many millennia, though Piety was around, it wasn't a wide spread ideal till Constantine of Constantinople turned from being a Life-Long Pagan to becoming a Christian (I don't agree with his choice, but the act of it was to save his people and kingdom from destruction at the hands of the religious zealots. It's also where & when Christianity started it's steady gain of followers & grew into power, from there Piety became a wide-spread ideal). Both are still used today in one form or another, just not as commonly used or referred to as it was back then.

I'm not a Christ Follower, but that doesn't mean I don't know of their history.

As for the game Castlecry- I like the idea, but the art is a huge "no thank ye". Once ye get atleast a decent amount of playable content and MUCH, MUCH BETTER art.. then i'll try it and go from there.

thswherizat

Jun 1, 2017
maybe you'll see that the holy roman empire, italy(they had beef with the normans too), poland vs HRE, the byzantian empire (and again normans) had lots of fun during this era.
for the high medieval, you're just wrong:
Without trying to turn this into a big ol' history debate, the HRE wasn't even titled that until later. The Investiture Controversy wasn't particularly interesting, as we have loads of historical data around secular lords attempting to secure bishoprics, and trying to assert control over the Church. Look at the crowning of Napoleon or Charles XII for more examples.

The Byzantines weren't doing too well either. The iconic schism between East and Western Christianity happened just about this time, which began a period of decline for the Byzantines, having to align themselves somewhere and deal with the fallout of these different sects. Also very embarassing losses to emerging Turk and Arab nations.

The Byzantine stuff would make for a cool backdrop to a game, but I doubt it's being used here. I'm not sure, the art looks poor so I haven't played the game. Is there supposed to be a specific geographical setting?

Reactions: poloko

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
I don't care enough to have an opinion on chivalry, but this is an interesting video from Shadiversity that takes a look at the subject and I thought that some here may enjoy checking it out:

Bernd L

Oct 14, 2017
Historical is great, bestiality & Incest are not my fetish but what kills it is MS Paint :'(

bearclaw01234

Mar 13, 2018
I don't care enough to have an opinion on chivalry, but this is an interesting video from Shadiversity that takes a look at the subject and I thought that some here may enjoy checking it out:

Yes, very true. What I didn't say is what should be common sense- It depends on who ye talk to as to what it is described as.. hence why I said "in one form or another".

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
@vir_cotto Ye should do research before ye look like a fool that doesn't have a clue what he is talking about. Chivalry has been around one form or another for many millennia, though Piety was around, it wasn't a wide spread ideal till Constantine of Constantinople turned from being a Life-Long Pagan to becoming a Christian (I don't agree with his choice, but the act of it was to save his people and kingdom from destruction at the hands of the religious zealots. It's also where & when Christianity started it's steady gain of followers & grew into power, from there Piety became a wide-spread ideal). Both are still used today in one form or another, just not as commonly used or referred to as it was back then.

I'm not a Christ Follower, but that doesn't mean I don't know of their history.

As for the game Castlecry- I like the idea, but the art is a huge "no thank ye". Once ye get atleast a decent amount of playable content and MUCH, MUCH BETTER art.. then i'll try it and go from there.
Maybe you should read before posting nonsense. Chivalry is the matter of legends. So-called knights were illiterate bandits, killers and rapists.

And you know what's the funniest part of all that?

That European legends, poems and the whole concept of "chivalry" was inspired by Saladin.

bearclaw01234

Mar 13, 2018
Maybe you should read before posting nonsense. Chivalry is the matter of legends. So-called knights were illiterate bandits, killers and rapists.

And you know what's the funniest part of all that?

That European legends, poems and the whole concept of "chivalry" was inspired by Saladin.
Again- "Looking As A Fool". There is no ONE WAY to define the term Chivalry, there never has been only one way to define it. It comes down to each person's perception and opinion, the same with pretty much everything else. Hence I said: "in one form or another".

Reactions: poloko
3.00 star(s) 1 Vote