Ren'Py Abandoned Castlecry [v0.15.5] [The Open Project Games]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

vultron

May 19, 2018
I kinda wish you could choose to be female as well but that's my only complaint with this game so far.

Reactions: Wedock

ChronoSig

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2018
I kinda wish you could choose to be female as well but that's my only complaint with this game so far.
We really want to implement that down the road maybe around Version .5 We are trying to get large mechanics in RN aka Personal Slaves, Battle Mini-game, and Diplomacy.

Reactions: Wedock

N7

セブン
Staff member
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
updated op with 0.15.5 read changelog for more info.

May 6, 2017
A great game that can have a lot of potential, I really like the historical period on which it is based, and the amount of events or stories it has. (although in relation to some events like for example the woman who has free sex with anyone and we have the option of turning it into a slut and giving it to men it would be good if we too could have our way with her or the case of the female jester where he gives everyone a blowjob less to us, what I want to say is that it would be good if we could participate in any scene)
And as for the buildings that we can build, it would be good to have certain events in relation to them

ChronoSig

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2018

This is the basic outline and roadmap of major features that we will be releasing over the next month. Of course within each release with these major features will be more content such as tweaks, rewrites, and new events etc. From here out we are changing how we are releasing builds. The most updated build will be on patreon for our patreon exclusives while one build back will be the public build.
Next Build: Personal Slaves

We are currently writing and building a personal slaves system as it will be a major part of the game. These special slaves will be a mixture of pre-determined characters and random generated ones. You will be able to interact with them sexually and emotionally through dialog and actions. You will also be able to assign them to jobs and chores to advance your own agenda. Down the road there will be a pregnancy mechanic for them so you can build your own family and own dynasty. Currently we have a massive list of medieval names and the building blocks of dialog along with the values (Numbers) of slaves. We still need to build a portrait system for them so if you want to help just message me on our discord.

Near future Build: Building System Overhaul

After PS (Personal Slaves) are implemented, we feel the need to expand what is build-able and how that mechanic works. Currently there is not a lot of buildings from the start and unlocked from events and they do not do anything outwardly creative. So we are planning a massive overhaul. Along with new buildings galore this is probably the point where we will introduce city and castle levels. It is a system where as you build more buildings and get more people/slaves the city and your castle grow as well. Down the road this growth mechanic is supposed to expand to the point where you run multiple cities, towns, and land so it goes from a micro-management game to a macro management game. If you have ideas for buildings refer to the discord suggestion tab!

Near Future Build: Laws and Policies

Soon after Buildings are expanded this will give way to the laws and polices of your realm which will allow you to modify your specific rule to what you like. At this point we will introduce new Value mechanics such as corruption of your people so you can introduce more taboo laws and Policies, for example, Having only young male slaves, or having where only the head of the house male will be free and everybody else is a slave. New policies of managing the economy will come into play too. If you want a specific Law or policy or have ideas refer to our suggestion tab in the discord.

Far Future Build: Battle System

This is the complex one. Currently for battles the game rolls a dice and it is a random chance of what happens. There is little you as the player can do to effect it other then having better army stats. I personally was not happy with this so we actually have started building a mechanic similar to Banner Saga where you control units on hexagons. This mechanic is very large and complex due to ren'py restrictions and also we have to introduce tons of new stats and values and then make sure it is balanced. Not mentioning the plethora of art that needs to be made for it. This is why we pushed it back so far. If you want to help with the art just contact me at our discord.

Final Note here:

If you have suggestions as I had said at the end of each section, just message me at our discord or throw it in the suggestions tab. We have no voice chat in our discord so don't be afraid of that. We are always looking for new members for the team in Coding, Writing, and Most Importantly Art. Art is what is hindering our process at this point.

Our Discord is on OP or this is the link:
Our Patreon is here:

morbidpenguin

Nov 12, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 934, in script
    if rapist == True:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 934, in <module>
    if rapist == True:
NameError: name 'rapist' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    if rapist == True:
  File "C:\Users\---\Desktop\Games\Chronos-1.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1729, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\Users\---\Desktop\Games\Chronos-1.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1943, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\---\Desktop\Games\Chronos-1.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1936, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
    if rapist == True:

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Chronos 1.0
Sat Sep 08 01:12:03 2018

ChronoSig

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    if rapist == True:
    if rapist == True:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    if rapist == True:
  File "C:\Users\---\Desktop\Games\Chronos-1.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1729, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\Users\---\Desktop\Games\Chronos-1.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1943, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\---\Desktop\Games\Chronos-1.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1936, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
    if rapist == True:

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Chronos 1.0
Sat Sep 08 01:12:03 2018
Thank you! We will fix it ASAP and release a fixed build.

Reactions: morbidpenguin

ChronoSig

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2018
Any ETA on the next release?
Within the next two weeks. We are finishing up implementing some new stuff such as new values and that sort. We are also adding in another 20 or so new events. The update following that will be Personal Slaves and that might be done another two weeks after this next update.

Reactions: morbidpenguin

kaye

Jun 20, 2017
i'll keep an eye on this, but from what i've been reading it might be a better idea to stick to ck 2 and just have all the filthy dirty mods i have already installed lol. then again this im also kinda hoping is a diamond in the "ruff" game cuz i wont be trying it out till later in development. but dont get me wrong i like the idea behind it :)

ChronoSig

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2018
A huge apology to everybody following the game. We are running into trouble with our team, but it is all settled now. We are officially moving the game from Renpy to Twine. All the new and old content will be moved in and everything will be easier UI wise and the game should feel more like a management and less of a story with R&G. In the upcoming update we are throwing a bonus onto the new building content and weather content. In the next update and first Twine build we will have personal slaves working!!! This will bring the much needed what to do during the game convo to an end for now. Fair warning things initially might be unbalanced until we get feedback. BUT it is coming soon, don't you worry.

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote