RealKorra

Sep 22, 2018
February 15th 2023,

Hello, everyone. After some weeks of self-deliberation and consideration, I have decided that Cellular Shift is officially on indefinite hiatus. I do not know if I will be able to develop visual novels going forward, mainly due to the sheer amount of work involved, and trying to balance it with my regular job.

That being said, I am seriously considering transitioning to the realm of novel writing. I already have a dark fantasy story in mind that I have technically been wanting to bring to life since I was much younger, but that I would now be able to create as a more mature person/adult. This would be much easier and suited to my situation, as I would be able create/write a story without having to worry about the hassle of creating images, or fine tuning the functionality of a game.

Perhaps I will return one day to the VN/Adult VN world, but for now I am likely going to be focusing on this transition. All are welcome to withdraw their support if this does not interest you, but any who may be interested in seeing a dark fantasy novel with potential elements of cosmic horror written by me, I encourage you to stick around for further updates. In the meantime the next billing cycle for my page has been paused until I have something more concrete on this new direction.

As mentioned, I would not technically be starting from nothing, as I already have many ideas for at least a solid jumping-off-point. Chances are that once I am ready, I will also be re-branding the page, since I will not be developing "games" per-se. I am sorry again to those who may be displeased by this, but if this new venture is of interest to you, I should hopefully have new updates in the coming weeks.

Best Regards,

Pants

RealKorra

Sep 22, 2018
February 15th 2023,

Hello, everyone. After some weeks of self-deliberation and consideration, I have decided that Cellular Shift is officially on indefinite hiatus. I do not know if I will be able to develop visual novels going forward, mainly due to the sheer amount of work involved, and trying to balance it with my regular job.

That being said, I am seriously considering transitioning to the realm of novel writing. I already have a dark fantasy story in mind that I have technically been wanting to bring to life since I was much younger, but that I would now be able to create as a more mature person/adult. This would be much easier and suited to my situation, as I would be able create/write a story without having to worry about the hassle of creating images, or fine tuning the functionality of a game.

Perhaps I will return one day to the VN/Adult VN world, but for now I am likely going to be focusing on this transition. All are welcome to withdraw their support if this does not interest you, but any who may be interested in seeing a dark fantasy novel with potential elements of cosmic horror written by me, I encourage you to stick around for further updates. In the meantime the next billing cycle for my page has been paused until I have something more concrete on this new direction.

As mentioned, I would not technically be starting from nothing, as I already have many ideas for at least a solid jumping-off-point. Chances are that once I am ready, I will also be re-branding the page, since I will not be developing "games" per-se. I am sorry again to those who may be displeased by this, but if this new venture is of interest to you, I should hopefully have new updates in the coming weeks.

Best Regards,

Pants
Also, I want to point out this post here, it's actually not end but pants might return to it at some point or probably let someone else take over if pants allows it.

Blaisdale

Oct 8, 2018
Also, I want to point out this post here, it's actually not end but pants might return to it at some point or probably let someone else take over if pants allows it.

I doubt this would be picked up again.
Doesn't seem to have much of a fan base. (not saying that to be insulting)
I would love for this title to be picked up by someone else.

RealKorra

Sep 22, 2018
I doubt this would be picked up again.
Doesn't seem to have much of a fan base. (not saying that to be insulting)
I would love for this title to be picked up by someone else.
Oh. Yeah sure she/he might be on board with taking over but I'm actually a fan. Here is a small fan base on discord

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Well, this is depressing AF
The game may be dead, and that does make me sad. But then I remember I can just go to page 14 and watch one of the most epic developer meltdowns this site has ever seen and at least I can get a few laughs out of it.
Give me a hate comment, and I will troll the living shit out of you. I love developing this game, and I put more work into this than you kids will ever put into your own lives. I've spent HUNDREDS of hours developing this, and I don't need your bitching.
That one reeeeeaaaaaalllly didn't age well :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Frumi

Johan_0000

Apr 14, 2023
nooooooooooooooooooo...
Well, I guess I won't have the chance to see it come to an end. Another great game find its way to the void....

Idk abt what happenned and why the author deleted himself but as smn said in page 14 most of us, when we criticize, argument abt a game it's bc we like it. Either way we'd just skip and forget abt it. But when we come to comment some of our subjective/objective (at least I try to be objective most of the time when I do) frustrations abt a game. It's bc we like the game and would like to see it reach its full bloom lol.
Again, I totally disagree with those who convey those feelings in a rude/disrespectful way. But, I can understand that some ppl write those comments in the heat of the moment.
As for me I had a gret time playing this and since the choice were quite straightforward, I didn't have to check for walktroughs that was a great +. I hope smn will consider retaking it...

Last edited:

DeltaDragon

May 6, 2017
Really bummed this Project essentially died, was one of the ones I really looked forward to each release but I get the dev failed at the life work balance quest and needed to drop this.

Reactions: FruityPepper

Bacara

Aug 29, 2021
Really bummed this Project essentially died, was one of the ones I really looked forward to each release but I get the dev failed at the life work balance quest and needed to drop this.
I don't think that was the reason at all, the dev needlessly changed the art style, and had loads of complaints about it. I think the dev couldn't take the criticism then decided to abandon it out of spite.

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
I don't think that was the reason at all, the dev needlessly changed the art style, and had loads of complaints about it. I think the dev couldn't take the criticism then decided to abandon it out of spite.
People rightfully criticized them for suddenly changing every characters look and model. The dev turned into a massive crybaby. Afterwards they threw a tantrum and deleted their account here and on Patreon after coming up with an excuse about wanting to write novels then they vanished.

• Sad
Reactions: VPedge

DeltaDragon

May 6, 2017
right forgot that happened.... my bad

4.00 star(s) 8 Votes