VN Ren'Py Champions of Liberty Institute of Training [v0.82] [yahotzp]

4.40 star(s) 27 Votes

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
new password is: adaRulesMayhemDrools99
the Pass does not work. after inter Access denied.
Here you go (it was already posted by someone else.

Probably an unpopular opinion incoming since I don't think anybody else has mentioned this situation yet...

Is anybody else disappointed with the direction Emma's open relationship is heading? Pretty clearly, the game requires Emma to mess around with others at school based on the mechanics of her superpower. Since I like Meg as a character, I figured opening the relationship would be a better option than breaking up with her. I also kinda liked Imani from the start. She's hot and seemed to be pretty nice. I was looking forward to the possibility of hooking up with her later. However, I was really unhappy about how Imani demanded sex with Emma's girlfriend as a condition of opening her own relationship with Mei even demanding that Emma is not allowed to touch or interact with Meg at all. That made no sense whatsoever. As a one-off, I was okay just going with it even though I'm not particularly interested in seeing "my" gf fucking somebody else. (Knowing she's doing it is quite different from being forced to watch.) Fine, it got me to the game state that I figured would be best, and I kinda just assumed that Imani and Meg would probably be hooking up at home from time to time.

So when Emma calls Meg on Tuesday, I was a little surprised that she was asking permission to fuck Imani. It seemed she was unnecessarily rubbing Emma's nose in it, but okay, fine. Permission granted. Then Imani immediately starts going at Meg while Emma's still on the fucking call??!! She's even casting shade at Emma's "permission". (Paraphrasing-- Emma to Meg "It would be hypocritical of me to not allow you to hook up with others, right?" Imani butting her bitch nose in "Right!" I mean, bitch, I'm talking to my girlfriend here. You can hold your fucking horses until I'm finished, mkay?) Then Imani hangs up the call... This was supposed to be Emma's only time during the day to speak with her girlfriend, and her time just got coopted. Meg objected a little, but seriously, it was a weak objection. Clearly, she wanted to be fucking Imani right then, not talking to the "love of her life". All of this happens with no opportunities for choices/input from the player.

I understand voyeurism, sharing, cucking/bulling etc are kinks, and I don't have a problem with a game catering to those that have them. However, as kinks, they are quite distinct from open relationships. Acknowledging that strict fidelity may not be possible or desirable does not mean that I want to see it or even know about the details. It definitely does not mean that being disrespected/treated contemptuously by your gf's other partners is ever okay!

Am I the only one that feels that way? Maybe I am since nobody else is talking about it... If this is how this path is going to continue, I guess I'll be going back and breaking up with Meg. Maybe I'll slut it up the first week at school while I'm at it. Aside from x-ray vision creeping, the only naughtiness she got up to in my current run was helping Robbie with her transformation.
You are not the only one.

Last edited:

yahotzp

Game Developer
Jan 3, 2018
Is anybody else disappointed with the direction Emma's open relationship is heading? Pretty clearly, the game requires Emma to mess around with others at school based on the mechanics of her superpower. Since I like Meg as a character, I figured opening the relationship would be a better option than breaking up with her. I also kinda liked Imani from the start. She's hot and seemed to be pretty nice. I was looking forward to the possibility of hooking up with her later. However, I was really unhappy about how Imani demanded sex with Emma's girlfriend as a condition of opening her own relationship with Mei even demanding that Emma is not allowed to touch or interact with Meg at all. That made no sense whatsoever. As a one-off, I was okay just going with it even though I'm not particularly interested in seeing "my" gf fucking somebody else. (Knowing she's doing it is quite different from being forced to watch.) Fine, it got me to the game state that I figured would be best, and I kinda just assumed that Imani and Meg would probably be hooking up at home from time to time.

So when Emma calls Meg on Tuesday, I was a little surprised that she was asking permission to fuck Imani. It seemed she was unnecessarily rubbing Emma's nose in it, but okay, fine. Permission granted. Then Imani immediately starts going at Meg while Emma's still on the fucking call??!! She's even casting shade at Emma's "permission". (Paraphrasing-- Emma to Meg "It would be hypocritical of me to not allow you to hook up with others, right?" Imani butting her bitch nose in "Right!" I mean, bitch, I'm talking to my girlfriend here. You can hold your fucking horses until I'm finished, mkay?) Then Imani hangs up the call... This was supposed to be Emma's only time during the day to speak with her girlfriend, and her time just got coopted. Meg objected a little, but seriously, it was a weak objection. Clearly, she wanted to be fucking Imani right then, not talking to the "love of her life". All of this happens with no opportunities for choices/input from the player.
This is a good point and something I didn't think about enough. I will go back and add a choice for those scenes so you can skip them.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
There are only 2 people know she keeps them perma and one of them was told not to let Lotus know or she'll try and stop it.

I see why, it would make her the single most powerful being on the planet and no one would be able to stop her if she went bad.

She could basically own the planet with all those powers.

We'd be talking able to bitch slap Superman and Goku at the same time while drinking a cup of tea and watching Emmerdale with her feet up.
Yeah someone that can copy any power he wants is overpowered as seen in X-Men, Heroes, My Hero Academia, etc.

But here is the most complicated way I've seen to copy them :BootyTime:

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
This is a good point and something I didn't think about enough. I will go back and add a choice for those scenes so you can skip them.
The best you can do is make it completely avoidable, a skip button won't solve it (for me) at all since that will still happen.
That will be my suggestion, it may even encourage many to be loyal to her after that, but is up to you.

afterlights

Jan 31, 2020
If I were the faculty at CLIT, I'd pull our MC aside and order her to seduce as many of the other women there as possible. Faculty included.
Where are we with Tech Wizard's testing in the public release? This has an answer. And I'm trying my damndest to make it work with Nightingale.

yahotzp

Game Developer
Jan 3, 2018
The best you can do is make it completely avoidable, a skip button won't solve it (for me) at all since that will still happen.
That will be my suggestion, it may even encourage many to be loyal to her after that, but is up to you.
By skip, I meant it won't happen or be explicitly mentioned anywhere. I'll add in a choice on the first call where Imani can show up that will determine if it happens or not.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
By skip, I meant it won't happen or be explicitly mentioned anywhere. I'll add in a choice on the first call where Imani can show up that will determine if it happens or not.
Guess the game goes back to my watch then ;).
Btw just so you know is the only "female mc" game that I play or have ever supported, I only play male mcs.
Take it as the highest praise xD

Reactions: yahotzp

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Probably an unpopular opinion incoming since I don't think anybody else has mentioned this situation yet...

I understand voyeurism, sharing, cucking/bulling etc are kinks, and I don't have a problem with a game catering to those that have them. However, as kinks, they are quite distinct from open relationships. Acknowledging that strict fidelity may not be possible or desirable does not mean that I want to see it or even know about the details. It definitely does not mean that being disrespected/treated contemptuously by your gf's other partners is ever okay!

Am I the only one that feels that way? Maybe I am since nobody else is talking about it... If this is how this path is going to continue, I guess I'll be going back and breaking up with Meg. Maybe I'll slut it up the first week at school while I'm at it. Aside from x-ray vision creeping, the only naughtiness she got up to in my current run was helping Robbie with her transformation.
I personally don't mind it all that much. I mean, the MC has to go around and make people "love" her and have sex with them in order to gain their powers permanently. So I find it only fair that Meg have some fun on her own as well. But I understand some might not like that, so having the choice would be nice for them.

I didn't take the path, but I thought that if you didn't mention the open relationship to Mei, then the open relationship option wouldn't happen? Or does it happen by default (open relationship or break up)?

The scene with Imani and Meg on the phone call was funny I thought. Kind of a tease to leave the MC hanging (like a joke/prank). Leaving the MC like that (still horny) and wondering what they are doing. I found it fun and playful.

For me, as long as the open relationship thing is done respectfully between them, I don't mind it. As long as the MC isn't being humiliated or degraded by Meg, then I'm fine with it. But again, I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, so having the option to avoid it would be good for them. But I guess if you're just going to have a regular relationship (no open relationship and no break up), you'll be cheating on Meg a lot lol.

Reactions: Alodjinn

ezvr96

Aug 27, 2018
Nothing against having a way to skip it for those that want to, but my suggestion would be to also change the tone a bit when letting it proceed. It feels out of character for Meg to just go along with her side piece blocking out Emma like that. Maybe it comes at the end of the call instead and Emma is out of time so she still doesn't get to watch.

yahotzp

Game Developer
Jan 3, 2018
Nothing against having a way to skip it for those that want to, but my suggestion would be to also change the tone a bit when letting it proceed. It feels out of character for Meg to just go along with her side piece blocking out Emma like that. Maybe it comes at the end of the call instead and Emma is out of time so she still doesn't get to watch.
Yes, I ended up completely re-writing that first scene.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
The scene with Imani and Meg on the phone call was funny I thought. Kind of a tease to leave the MC hanging (like a joke/prank). Leaving the MC like that (still horny) and wondering what they are doing. I found it fun and playful.
There are a couple of issues with this situation. First, there is no agreement between Emma and Meg that Emma is interested in watching her get it on with somebody else so Imani and Meg proceeding under the assumption that Emma will be okay with it is problematic. Imani is actually pretty aggressive about it, basically not giving either Emma or Meg a choice. She attacks Meg's pussy immediately. She also unilaterally decides to end the call over Meg's (weak) objection. This is power in the relationship/dynamic among the three of them that she has seized without the express consent of the other two. She also stole MC's time with her girlfriend. Those two have all day when Emma is unavailable in school to get their rocks off. Meg deciding to be unavailable at the only time of the day when Emma can talk to her so she can fuck somebody else is problematic. Even in an open relationship, I wouldn't tolerate that happening too often.

It would only be funny or a playful tease if it were an existing relationship and all three parties went into the encounter with full knowledge and consent. Without those elements, it's borderline abusive.

For me, as long as the open relationship thing is done respectfully between them, I don't mind it. As long as the MC isn't being humiliated or degraded by Meg, then I'm fine with it. But again, I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, so having the option to avoid it would be good for them. But I guess if you're just going to have a regular relationship (no open relationship and no break up), you'll be cheating on Meg a lot lol.
TL;dr I agree that an open relationship is the best way to approach the game if you want to keep Meg in it. However, my point is exactly that neither Meg nor Imani are treating Emma with respect. Meg would rather fuck Imani than have an end of day decompress chat with her girlfriend whom she supposedly loves. Imani is assuming power in the relationship that has not been consented to by all parties.

Also, I'm really appreciative to yahotzp for listening to my feelings on the matter. I hope I didn't offend as it was not my intention. Issues of consent and respect in relationships are important to me. I'm often able to overlook some of these things in service of suspension of disbelief in games like this, but I found this situation to be especially troubling. I also hope Dev will reconsider the strange logic of Imani demanding Meg as payment for Mei's cheating even though that might make setting up the open relationship trickier.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
There are a couple of issues with this situation. First, there is no agreement between Emma and Meg that Emma is interested in watching her get it on with somebody else so Imani and Meg proceeding under the assumption that Emma will be okay with it is problematic. Imani is actually pretty aggressive about it, basically not giving either Emma or Meg a choice. She attacks Meg's pussy immediately. She also unilaterally decides to end the call over Meg's (weak) objection. This is power in the relationship/dynamic among the three of them that she has seized without the express consent of the other two. She also stole MC's time with her girlfriend. Those two have all day when Emma is unavailable in school to get their rocks off. Meg deciding to be unavailable at the only time of the day when Emma can talk to her so she can fuck somebody else is problematic. Even in an open relationship, I wouldn't tolerate that happening too often.

It would only be funny or a playful tease if it were an existing relationship and all three parties went into the encounter with full knowledge and consent. Without those elements, it's borderline abusive.
Not good to be on the receiving end heh ? Only difference is that Meg didn't watch Emma with another girl. Imani is a bitch, it's her responsability, not so Meg. Not all characters have to rub Emma up the right way. This situation could have been discussed in their next call and decide again to break up or not

yahotzp

Game Developer
Jan 3, 2018
I also hope Dev will reconsider the strange logic of Imani demanding Meg as payment for Mei's cheating even though that might make setting up the open relationship trickier.
Imani is generally a relaxed person but at this point she was furious at Mei and wanted some kind of immediate payback. It wasn't a healthy or rational request but it is the kind of thing that we sometimes see in real situations when people lose their cool and don't know how to handle it. Also there is still a player choice there and you can decline to take part.

Reactions: TundraLupus

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Imani is generally a relaxed person but at this point she was furious at Mei and wanted some kind of immediate payback. It wasn't a healthy or rational request but it is the kind of thing that we sometimes see in real situations when people lose their cool and don't know how to handle it. Also there is still a player choice there and you can decline to take part.
Eh, doesn't really work as an excuse for me, but YMMV. ;) Regarding player choice, I was under the impression from reading the WT that agreeing to that scene was necessary for the Emma and Meg open relationship. However, upon looking through the code, I see that that conversation/agreement isn't dependent on anything other than them still dating each other. Therefore, Your Honor, I withdraw my objection. :geek:

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
Eh, doesn't really work as an excuse for me, but YMMV. ;) Regarding player choice, I was under the impression from reading the WT that agreeing to that scene was necessary for the Emma and Meg open relationship. However, upon looking through the code, I see that that conversation/agreement isn't dependent on anything other than them still dating each other. Therefore, Your Honor, I withdraw my objection. :geek:
Hmm.. I will have to check how I worded that in the WT. See if I can phrase that differently as it wasn't intended that way.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Hmm.. I will have to check how I worded that in the WT. See if I can phrase that differently as it wasn't intended that way.
It's entirely possible I misunderstood/misread it... It was really, really late and my eyes were crossing...

Reactions: Phoexist

majinmike

Aug 22, 2017
First, let me say I love all the games they create and the Ladies Volleyball Association United game is one of my favorite adult games, but small question that always bothered me about these games. Do men exist in this world or have women found some other way to reproduce.

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017

TL;dr I agree that an open relationship is the best way to approach the game if you want to keep Meg in it. However, my point is exactly that neither Meg nor Imani are treating Emma with respect. Meg would rather fuck Imani than have an end of day decompress chat with her girlfriend whom she supposedly loves. Imani is assuming power in the relationship that has not been consented to by all parties.

Also, I'm really appreciative to yahotzp for listening to my feelings on the matter. I hope I didn't offend as it was not my intention. Issues of consent and respect in relationships are important to me. I'm often able to overlook some of these things in service of suspension of disbelief in games like this, but I found this situation to be especially troubling. I also hope Dev will reconsider the strange logic of Imani demanding Meg as payment for Mei's cheating even though that might make setting up the open relationship trickier.
Yeah I didn't really think of it from that perspective, makes sense. Imani does become pretty dominant after the relationship opens up. This is new to them though (the open relationship idea), so both of them are going into this without any sort of rules or boundaries yet. I think maybe in a future (soon) update when Emma heads home for a weekend or something, Meg and her will sit down and discuss how things will work moving forward. Set some rules or boundaries between them and hash out ideas they are comfortable/uncomfortable with. This will also help give the user more control over how things are handled in the future with these kinds of situations.

4.40 star(s) 27 Votes