Ren'Py Change of Hearts [v0.2] [cheeky-owl]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

cheeky-owl

Game Developer
Jun 6, 2018
Damn it. Good story, decent writing and little to no engrish. Then suddenly, BOOM, unexpected sandbox! You can dress it however, but is a sandbox. Need to add that to the tags, please.
Thank you for your note. I added the tag. It's true I forgot about that and it starts at week 2. I wanted the first part of the game to be sort of a prologue to give you time to meet the characters, not just throwing you into the game whatsoever. But this is the way I want to develop the game from now on. I am glad to hear you enjoy it so far. I apologize for minor grammatic errors but as I explained above, I am not a native speaker.

cheeky-owl

Game Developer
Jun 6, 2018
Greetings everyone,

just a short announcement, I have been informed that the Discord invitation is invalid for some reason. I have fixed it now so if you want to join the Discord from the link on the main page, you should be free to do so. Contact me if there are some more problems, please. I am sorry for inconveniences.

sigvar

Sep 5, 2021
Thank you for your note. I added the tag. It's true I forgot about that and it starts at week 2. I wanted the first part of the game to be sort of a prologue to give you time to meet the characters, not just throwing you into the game whatsoever. But this is the way I want to develop the game from now on. I am glad to hear you enjoy it so far. I apologize for minor grammatic errors but as I explained above, I am not a native speaker.
Well, as I said, "little to no engrish". That means that there wasn't enough to detract from the story, so it was a good thing.

cheeky-owl

Game Developer
Jun 6, 2018
Ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to announce the 0.2 wide release for all of you to download!

It was a bumpy ride, no doubt about it, but I am really happy with the result. Aside from adding new content, I did a huge grammar fix of the entire game using an AI software, and I am very happy with the overall result, so I hope you will be too. In order to present these improvements to you as soon as possible, I have postponed five planned events to the 0.3 release, which will surely be bigger than this one. But for now, here's the list of new content in the game:

• over 35k words
  • 16 new events
  • new secondary character
  • huge grammar fixes, bug fixes
  • new soundtrack
I am really looking forward to your reviews of the new content and I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed creating it. I can promise you, as you can see from these new screenshots, it's going to be an emotional rollercoaster and it's certainly not the end! Thank you for your endless support and interest in this game, which keeps me going and pushing through. :)

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2017
I Have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised at this. Each character's stories interconnect in a natural form and it doesn't feel rushed.
A few characters also seem genuinely scummy, and quite easy to dislike. Well done. I'll be keeping an eye on this one for sure.

cheeky-owl

Game Developer
Jun 6, 2018
I Have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised at this. Each character's stories interconnect in a natural form and it doesn't feel rushed.
A few characters also seem genuinely scummy, and quite easy to dislike. Well done. I'll be keeping an eye on this one for sure.
Thank you for your kind words. I'm really glad you're enjoying the game so far. Your support is the primary thing that motivates me to keep working on it.

From the very first moment I started developing the game, my goal was to offer a wide range of characters so that everyone could find something they liked. The same goes for their respective arcs and the main story, where I want to introduce and gradually intertwine these stories together. I've seen too many stories rushed and arcs wasted, which is what I'm trying to avoid. Of course, I'm still new at this and I can't guarantee that it won't happen at some point, but as it is now, I have plenty to tell for each of them :)

cheeky-owl

Game Developer
Jun 6, 2018
I seem to be stuck. The game says I have a new email, but it doesn't appear. I can't find any other events to trigger, so I'm guessing it's the email that I need to continue.

View attachment 3568462 View attachment 3568463 View attachment 3568464 View attachment 3568468
Hello. I am running the part of the script and everything seems okay to me. What you should get is an e-mail from Lilly. The message before that should appear only under the condition you saw all other events. I am not sure what might be causing the problem, but for now, I am providing you and everyone who ran into this problem with a save from that position. Just add it to "saves" within your game folder and you should be fine.

Solution number two is, if you have RenPy, to open the game code and under "define.rpy", change the value "lilly_em1" to "True". By doing so and restarting the game from the save directly before that, you should be able to skip the e-mail read which is conditional for continuing the game and then the event with Lilly should trigger normally in the evening. You would basically be bypassing marking the e-mail as read which would change the value to True automatically.

Thank you for letting me know about this problem. It's strange, though, since everything seems to be working on my end, even after downloading the game files and testing it directly from the .exe file along with another player. I honestly don't know what might've happened with your save.

(Also, Lilly's email has a text bug, a missing paragraph after control that I didn't notice. This will be fixed in the next release, I am sorry about that.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Daswer1

cheeky-owl

Game Developer
Jun 6, 2018
Greetings everyone. I am 99 percent sure I was finally able to determine the source of the problem Daswer1 informed me about.

If you're running into a problem with Lilly's email not appearing on your computer before the "Brainstorming Over a Donut" event (main events) even if you got the message informing you about it, please make sure you've completed Sofia's first event. This is a mistake I made when re-designing the original event order and didn't realize it. I will make sure it's fixed with the next release. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Reactions: Daswer1
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote