Mod Ren'Py Chasing Sunsets [v0.9a non-Steam/v0.9a Steam] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well, now we are at the crossroads (que a slow blues instrumental)... a conundrum of sorts.

I've finished v0.8 non-Steam and it's uploaded to servers but I'm telling you folks that the imminent dev patch will be released likely within the next 12 hours or so (my best guess). With that said the Player would have to replay Chapter 7 anyway. And I'll be quickly updating the mod for v0.8a

Now, because most will have old save loading issues many folks will likely start from scratch which isn't a problem with the current build. So replaying pre-Ch7 is still a viable option.

Also, I'm fixing to go crash soon and won't be available to respond here in just a bit.

The one thing I can think of is to make a post only in here for a "Public Beta" of SanchoMod v0.8 non-Steam knowing that v0.8a is dropping within hours.

So, what to do....

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Well, now we are at the crossroads (que a slow blues instrumental)... a conundrum of sorts.

I've finished v0.8 non-Steam and it's uploaded to servers but I'm telling you folks that the imminent dev patch will be released likely within the next 12 hours or so (my best guess). With that said the Player would have to replay Chapter 7 anyway. And I'll be quickly updating the mod for v0.8a

Now, because most will have old save loading issues many folks will likely start from scratch which isn't a problem with the current build. So replaying pre-Ch7 is still a viable option.

Also, I'm fixing to go crash soon and won't be available to respond here in just a bit.

The one thing I can think of is to make a post only in here for a "Public Beta" of SanchoMod v0.8 non-Steam knowing that v0.8a is dropping within hours.

So, what to do....
It doesn't matter even if it's big flashing lights, people will not read it and complain.

Do whatever you want, either way I'm sure people will understand :coffee:

Reactions: Boehser Onkel

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022

So, what to do....
I mean, isn't that what you just did?

EDIT: Never mind, you just uploaded, but didn't link. Ignore me.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I mean, isn't that what you just did?
I meant I could create a "beta" post with a link to it :ROFLMAO:

Obviously I need a nap.. I'm running on vapors at this point.

Let's call this temporary link "Public Beta" of SanchoMod v0.8 (for those who wish to fuck with it prior to v0.8a release). It has most of the v0.8a fixes and changes but I'm certain it's not 100%.... maybe 99.69%

My "Public Beta Preliminary Pre-Release Preview Test" of v0.8 - non-Steam only
Last upload version: 05/09/2023 15:12 CST
( Official release of v0.8a will be tomorrow 05/10/2023 )

WORKUPLOAD

My "Public Beta Preliminary Pre-Release Preview Test" of v0.8 - Steam only (untested)
Last upload version: 05/09/2023 15:24 CST
( Official release of v0.8a will be tomorrow 05/10/2023 )
WORKUPLOAD
If you want to get back to unmodded then resync the game via Steam, but you should already know this.

Important: If your old save(s) doesn't load or after it loads and you either right-click or press "Esc" to access the Nav/Save screen and you get an exception error then your save is screwed. Press "Ignore" to get back in-game then notice I made a little "MainMenu" button in the QuickMenu. Press that to get cleanly back to the Main Menu and select another save to try or start a new playthrough. Blame RenPy v8.0.3, it's not the mod and it's not my fault.

I'm going to get some sleep.

Disclosure (I gotta say it): Use at your own risk... you're going to have to replay Chapter 7 anyway once v0.8a drops.

Later.

P.S. - Note that it's not the final release. I hope that title above the DL link is clear enough for folks who normally don't read posts.

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I feel like starting this one from scratch anyway, and it sounds like once the updates are all out I'll be able to pick up with the updated version as long as I haven't made it to chap. 7 before it's released, so I've got plenty of time.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I feel like starting this one from scratch anyway, and it sounds like once the updates are all out I'll be able to pick up with the updated version as long as I haven't made it to chap. 7 before it's released, so I've got plenty of time.
Yeah, update will be out soonish, Steam already pushed one, and should be another, so I would hazard a guess it will be out before this time tomorrow.

Reactions: Elhemeer

Demonius

Oct 28, 2018
sancho would it be possible to add into the cheats the ability to change the relationship status with jaye and mal?

Stemmyz

Apr 27, 2017
I don't really use mods, but following your work process and seeing the way you communicate with the community is just amazing!

If every developper could work like you, we'd probably live in a better world, so thanks for all your hard and incredible work!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
sancho would it be possible to add into the cheats the ability to change the relationship status with jaye and mal?
Well, obviously you've seen where you can change their "paths". But here's the rub:

At the very beginning of Chap7, the dev team is doing away with the "old" pathing system and using the newest one (which started in Ch6). Pre-mid Ch6 pathings were basically True/False. Post-mid Ch6 thru Ch7 have the Open/Intimate/Cheated etc type of pathing.

Now, with that summarized I will have to rewrite the Cheats section but the dev team was adding a few new categories last minute so I didn't want to code something that might bork later. I wrote a post a few pages back here that shows how I'm handling the reporting of the new pathing... so I have a foundation to be able to code cheats once the official v0.8a come public.

Long answer but without the background it would be harder to understand for folks who haven't been part of the dev correspondence... so there you have it.

Reactions: daddyCzapo

daddyCzapo

Mar 26, 2019
Well i'll be damned that was a journey and a half with this update. I'm very glad that you got it sorted out in the end, and impressed by your constant updates about the status of the mod. Kepp up the great work Sancho! <3

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good morning folks. Any comments from the few hundred folks that DL'd the "Public Beta Preliminary Pre-Release Preview Test" mod last night? I'll wait for a reply from my last msg last night to the dev team so we know how to proceed with official launch.

Regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Umm, I just got a Steam update, 6.8MB, do I need to send you the scripts?
Here's what I'm thinking bud... the Steam cheevo code might have changes in v0.8a xxxx release when it drops. My thought is once we get a green light from the patreon version dropping then notice a new Steam version drop, that's the file I'll need to verify (along with the version number Steam reports) so that we can keep the Steam folks on the correct build. We'll collab via PM as needed on particulars I'm sure.

This will help insure you, I, and everyone else receives the correct final product at the correct time without hiccups.... imho.

Reactions: Sandaru_Wikasitha

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Opening the ministat at the beginning and seeing Mal and Jaye set as "Chef" in the relationship panel sounds like we will be running a restaurant instead of a giant pharmaceutical company.
View attachment 2608014
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: wow. Thanks, very minor tagging bug from the looks of it. I'll open the project up and can sort that out within seconds. I believe it's a default override I fucked up when starting a new game playthrough that I didn't notice for some reason.

Edit: Resolved on my end. Thanks bud. It'll set correctly at some point in that beta code.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
While I wait on the reply from the dev's, I'll start coding the "you don't know you want it yet but you will" feature of Ch7:
1683647394238.png
This one is going to be a doozie to code so it might have to be pushed in a maintenance update if the VN's release is sooner than I finish this monster of a cheat code.

• Red Heart

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
While I wait on the reply from the dev's, I'll start coding the "you don't know you want it yet but you will" feature of Ch7:
This one is going to be a doozie to code so it might have to be pushed in a maintenance update if the VN's release is sooner than I finish this monster of a cheat code.
Here's the current final version of another CriticalPath screen. That may also suffice for Demonius's cheat request until that's sorted in SanchoCheats. For now SanchoCheats will retain the old "Relp Paths" which are completely stable until the very beginning of Chapter 7. As soon as the mod notes that you are on Chapter 7 then those particular cheats will not be available for selection inside SanchoCheats. This way I can protect folks and eliminate any confusion.

Here's a screeny of that new CriticalPath which is now fully tested and solid code:
1683656120043.png
Here's what SanchoCheats will currently look like after Chapter 6 is finished in the Player's current playthrough:
1683656346699.png

Reactions: skrusher and Temp3

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
So to get the harem path active what choices are critical
Depends on your definition of "harem". You can't have 'em all, but you can have multiple. What LI's in particular you lookin' to group bud?

EvilChef

Sep 23, 2016
Depends on your definition of "harem". You can't have 'em all, but you can have multiple. What LI's in particular you lookin' to group bud?
Well, from what i gathered you should be able to get Jae and Mallory right?
Is this not the case?

EvilChef

Sep 23, 2016
I'm currently reinstalling my Linux partition so I'm reading on my phone atm.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes